PDA

View Full Version : Car Accidents and Clubs

Kori Ellis
06-07-2005, 10:06 PM
This is old news, I'm sure, for Pistons fans. But I thought it was interesting.

http://www.detnews.com/2005/pistons/0506/07/D06-206797.htm

Close call

Three Pistons players were involved in a minor automobile accident Sunday night outside of Houston's Steak House in Coral Gables.

Lindsey Hunter, Tayshaun Prince and Elden Campbell had called a transportation service to take them back to their hotel (Ritz Carlton in Biscayne Bay). The driver of the SUV they were in apparently attempted to make a U-turn in front of the restaurant and was hit broadside by an Acura.

"It was hilarious," Hunter said. "It was funny. I mean, the guy made a u-turn right in the middle of the road. Everybody saw the car but him."

It was about 9 p.m. and the three Pistons had just finished their meal.

None of the players were injured. All three took part in the team's shoot-around Monday morning.

Night moves

Local television stations here showed footage all day of three Pistons entering a South Beach nightclub, Prive, at 2 a.m. Monday.

The stations tried to make a big deal out of it, but the three Pistons involved -- Chauncey Billups, Prince and Antonio McDyess -- don't drink alcohol. The reporter, Jill Martin of Channel 6, said in her report that the three Pistons weren't partying or carousing. They were just relaxing.

"Antonio was mad," Prince said. "He doesn't ever go out, ever. The one time he does, the cameras are there."

As Billups said, often on the road after a long flight, players can't fall asleep and prefer to spend some time unwinding.

"I don't ever worry about that stuff," coach Larry Brown said. "I know these guys care and I know how professional they are. I know they are doing the right things."

When reporters pursued the story before shoot-around, Campbell responded angrily.

"Get away from me with all that National Enquirer stuff," Campbell said when questioned by Martin.

"We're here to play a basketball game."

bonesinaz
06-07-2005, 10:12 PM
Sounds like the Pistons were celebrating a bit early, alcohol or no alcohol.

To contrast this, a profile on Horry stated that he doesn't return calls during the playoffs to family or friends. He likes to keep focused on the task at hand.

SilverPlayer
06-07-2005, 10:17 PM
Glad they are ok, They really shouldn't be out at 2am on the eve of a championship run. Its not the time to celebrate.

Kori Ellis
06-07-2005, 10:23 PM
They really shouldn't be out at 2am on the eve of a championship run. Its not the time to celebrate.

Several Spurs were spotted at a nightclub this past weekend too.

Clandestino
06-07-2005, 10:25 PM

Yep...

1Parker1
06-07-2005, 10:26 PM

:lol For some reason, I just can't picture our guys at a nightclub, relaxing/dancing.

Clandestino
06-07-2005, 10:27 PM
tp is seen quite often at antro and devin is always at midnight rodeo...

PM5K
06-07-2005, 10:28 PM
:elephant :elephant :elephant

I saw a bunch of Spurs at the white rabbit one time back in the day.....

I was driving by going to a gentlemens club and saw them going in...

IX_Equilibrium
06-07-2005, 10:30 PM
devin is always at midnight rodeo...

why the hell would he want to go to that dump?

Solid D
06-07-2005, 10:31 PM
They have a 2nd-shift body clock, since they start their work day later in the day than most 8-5 1st-shifters. Out that late for them isn't a big thing and they certainly have fewer crowds to avoid.

Now, as to the place of business they choose....that's a different story.

Kori Ellis
06-07-2005, 10:32 PM
I just don't want to see any players out late the night before a game. (Like we saw Ron Mercer at 4am the day before a Spurs game when he was here.) Other than that, it's expected that they would go out.

PM5K
06-07-2005, 10:34 PM
Hell Jordan used to go out and gamble all night before games, he used to play one or two rounds of golf before game day, he even stayed up all night playing cards during the olympics....

Kori Ellis
06-07-2005, 10:35 PM
Hell Jordan used to go out and gamble all night before games, he used to play one or two rounds of golf before game day, he even stayed up all night playing cards during the olympics....

He was Jordan.

PM5K
06-07-2005, 10:35 PM
He was Jordan.

I'm not sure what that means but it's funny....

Kori Ellis
06-07-2005, 10:36 PM
:lmao

I just mean that he's Michael Jordan, he could do anything and still be awesome. It's not the same for the average NBA player.

spurschick
06-07-2005, 10:53 PM
It's not the same for the average NBA player.

OMG, I just had a thought... if the Spurs win the championship and end up on Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, a la Red Sox...

Can you imagine?

PM5K
06-07-2005, 10:54 PM
OMG, I just had a thought... if the Spurs win the championship and end up on Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, a la Red Sox...

Can you imagine?

I know something will happen to Manus hair and something has to happen to Rasho....