PDA

View Full Version : Is the NBA rigged? I'd like to think so!

Venti Quattro
04-27-2011, 12:38 AM
Here is the proof:

Game 1
Fouls: MEM - 33, SA -27
Freethrows: MEM - 21/33, SA - 36/47

Game 2
Fouls: MEM - 25, SA -23
Freethrows: MEM - 14/20, SA - 22/32

Game 3
Fouls: MEM - 24, SA -19
Freethrows: MEM - 21/29, SA - 24/32

Game 4
Fouls: MEM - 19, SA -16
Freethrows: MEM - 17/21, SA - 11/14

Why does the NBA allow such blatant cheating like this? The Spurs are already the #1 seed, they don't need help from the refs in trying to defeat the #8 Grizzlies!

Isitjustme?
04-27-2011, 12:39 AM
The Spurs are outmatched versus the Grizzlies. Refs have nothing to do with it.

Venti Quattro
04-27-2011, 12:40 AM
The Spurs are outmatched versus the Grizzlies. Refs have nothing to do with it.

But then when it comes to the Lakers outmuscling and outworking the Hornets, it's rigged and foul-infested? Please explain this. I don't understand.

GoodOdor
Such blatant rigging. How are the soft jump shooting spurs getting so many more ft's than the grizzlies, who operate from the paint??!!!

spurs = class.:depressed:depressed

BlackSwordsMan
Venti this is how God must have felt when Lucifer fell from heaven seeing the one he loved decent into the abyss as he was pulled down by his sins and the angels who were stripped of their wings. Don't do it, Venti, don't become Lucifer.

John Basedow
04-27-2011, 12:41 AM
Game 1 of the Spurs series was an atrocity tbh...how do you get 47 freebies and lose?

davethedope
04-27-2011, 12:45 AM
It's small market vs. small market. No one, including Stern gives a shit either way.

TheMACHINE
04-27-2011, 12:48 AM
youd think stern would atleast give the Knicks a win.

John Basedow
04-27-2011, 12:49 AM
youd think stern would atleast give the Knicks a win.

New York is a small market and they have no superstars...Stern doesn't care for such teams.

Isitjustme?
04-27-2011, 12:50 AM
But then when it comes to the Lakers outmuscling and outworking the Hornets, it's rigged and foul-infested? Please explain this. I don't understand.

If you watch the fucking game you can judge foul calls individually. If you notice a lot of foul calls that are bad. You say "that game was reffed badly."

Do you want me to use an analogy or is that comprehensible?

davethedope
04-27-2011, 12:51 AM
you would, but NY, as much as it's called 'the mecca of basketball' is really a Baseball and Football town. But the Knicks got fucked up dealing with Isiah Thomas and that lunatic Marbury and it's taken nearly a decade to recover. We went to the finals in '99 so
to speak, and it's been hell since.

Isitjustme?
04-27-2011, 12:53 AM
No had little chance against LA anyways, but the refs gave them zero chance.

TheMACHINE
04-27-2011, 12:53 AM
New York is a small market and they have no superstars...Stern doesn't care for such teams.

fuck! you are right homie. Stern loves the big market like San Antonio with crazy personalities like Duncan.

TheMACHINE
04-27-2011, 12:54 AM
No had little chance against LA anyways, but the refs gave them zero chance.

thanks God for the refs!

Venti Quattro
04-27-2011, 12:54 AM
you would, but NY, as much as it's called 'the mecca of basketball' is really a Baseball and Football town. But the Knicks got fucked up dealing with Isiah Thomas and that lunatic Marbury and it's taken nearly a decade to recover. We went to the finals in '99 so
to speak, and it's been hell since.

Son the Knicks are on the Rise.

Isitjustme?
04-27-2011, 12:55 AM
thanks God for the refs!

Hilarious.

davethedope
04-27-2011, 12:58 AM
Son the Knicks are on the Rise.

It would be nice. If you're not from NY, some people might not know
how badly Isiah fucked our team up. And we got Donny Walsh who
did real good with the Pacers, and now his contract is up, so, we're
trying to figure out if he's coming back and if D'Antoni is coming back.
The only two guarantees, if there is a season next year, is Stat and Melo.
Everybody else is on notice.

mavsfan1000
04-27-2011, 01:14 AM
The only team the refs really care for are the Lakers.

NewcastleKEG
04-27-2011, 01:25 AM
IMO, here's the argument you could make

None of the other sports depend so much on marketing as the NBA. A good portion of their fan and money/sales are overseas so they need a marketable player & team.

Pistons title runs were some of the best fundamentally and hard fought basketball we've seen but they didn't click with the general NBA fan. Then guess who came back on the scene OLE SHAQ n the new guy Wade. I mean some of those 2006 Finals games were definitely rigged

When it's been proven the refs controlled series to make them longer so tv ratings how outrageous is it for them to make 2 questionable calls on a certain player to rig an entire game?

NFL is the king of American sports. You could dress replacement players in uniforms and people would still watch. MLB is the American past time and a large portion of the American population plays it growing up. NBA is constantly fighting an image battle with the average American. They view most NBA players as spoiled, un educated thugs.

You have to sell something. Dynasties and players is the way to go.

4>0rings
04-27-2011, 01:36 AM
Spurs suck at FT's and it doesn't create rhythm. This is an attempt by the NBA to get SA out of the playoffs.

Darthkiller
04-27-2011, 01:37 AM
it was pretty disgusting to watch how much the refs help the spurs , everytime u breeze on ginobili or parker it's a foul. zach randolph gets hacked everytime and no calls

ElNono
04-27-2011, 02:02 AM
Game 1 of the Spurs series was an atrocity tbh...how do you get 47 freebies and lose?

You miss 11 and lose by 3? :depressed

ElNono
04-27-2011, 02:05 AM
In Spurs' defense, they were one of the top teams committing the less amount of fouls throughout the season.

But besides of that, home cooking is real... Game 3 is the only one where you could make a point... the rest show the usual disparity between playing at home or on the road...

NewJerSpur
04-27-2011, 02:13 AM
Game 4, particularly the 3rd quarter was pretty crappy, especially with the non-calls that won't show up on the boxscore in terms of how Gasol was able to defend the slashers (especially Tony). Outside of that, as Nono mentioned, I've got no gripes.

The Gemini Method
04-27-2011, 02:49 AM
God damn it's a devine privilege to be a Laker fan...amirite?

SomeCallMeTim
04-27-2011, 08:35 AM
It would be nice. If you're not from NY, some people might not know
how badly Isiah fucked our team up. And we got Donny Walsh who
did real good with the Pacers, and now his contract is up, so, we're
trying to figure out if he's coming back and if D'Antoni is coming back.
The only two guarantees, if there is a season next year, is Stat and Melo.
Everybody else is on notice.

This is the worst freestyle I've ever seen. No flow. Doesn't even rhyme.

rayjayjohnson
04-27-2011, 08:40 AM
Stern doesn't care if the grizz or sperms win.

He certainly cares about LA tho

Tinystarz
04-27-2011, 10:01 AM
This is the worst freestyle I've ever seen. No flow. Doesn't even rhyme.

http://i.imagehost.org/0617/hhhgggf.jpg