PDA

View Full Version : Huge influx of "challenged" Pistons fans

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-07-2005, 11:12 PM
Chopper goes out of town for a couple of days and my favorite board has been overrun by a bunch of half-wit Piston fans. WTF??!!

I must say, I like their moxie. Nothing like wandering into another team's message board and starting 25 threads on how their team is going to kick our asses.

From what I've seen from their comments so far it's obvious to me that the Spurs play in the west far past most of their bedtimes. They seem to know a lot about their team, but not much about any team playing west of the mighty Mississippi. Note to Pistons fan: Next season ask your mama if you can pick up her stogies or her late-night pint from the corner store one night and find a TV to watch some real basketball being played on the late game on TNT.

Unfortunately for them, it appears that they haven't paid attention to the fact that these Spurs have gradually elevated their game through each round of these 2005 playoffs while the Pistons have beaten a Miami team that had its two stars hurt, and preceeded that 7-game nail biter with two series victories against teams that would have had a tough time even qualifying for a Western playoff slot.

I like the Pistons team, and I think the matchups will prove tougher than had we faced Miami, but I still think the Spurs prevail in 6 games. Unless this Detroit team has been dogging it to this point I don't see them beating the Spurs in a 7-game series if our team can stay relatively healthy. <-- That's not smack, that's fact.

As for the Detroit fans. . .like their team, they'll try awfully hard, but they won't have enough to stop us. Their bravado will be replaced with awe-inspired silent admiration for the posters that comprise Spurstalk. <-- Smack, for those keeping score.

In the end, we'll be back to our comfortable surroundings with only Sparky left to call all Spurs fans idiots, Aggie reminding us why Pop was lucky to coach the Spurs to three championships, and T Park telling us all randomly to go fuck ourselves with Solid trying hard to keep us all on the straight and narrow.

Believe in the SPAM my brothers and sisters and keep Spurstalk controlled by those who have the faith.

SPARKY
06-07-2005, 11:16 PM
San Antonio Against The World.

mookie2001
06-07-2005, 11:52 PM
its hard to keep up with the WC when youre listening to kid rock and eminem all day

fekz
06-08-2005, 12:09 AM
And here I thought I was coming to a board that wasn't full of cocky shitheads (with a few exceptions). I might as well be a troll because the majority of people here are thickskulled with their heads up their asses. Off I go.

mookie2001
06-08-2005, 12:15 AM
see you in hell yankee

myhc
06-08-2005, 12:45 AM
And here I thought I was coming to a board that wasn't full of cocky shitheads (with a few exceptions). I might as well be a troll because the majority of people here are thickskulled with their heads up their asses. Off I go.

haha. i was just thinking, i haven't seen this influx of piston/detroit hatred since.......well since i joined the board a year ago. i could see the civility breaking down the closer we get to game 1. but to be fair, some pistons fans have come trolling here so if you dish it and you get it back. but there are a lot of good discussions too.

fekz
06-08-2005, 01:35 AM
haha. i was just thinking, i haven't seen this influx of piston/detroit hatred since.......well since i joined the board a year ago. i could see the civility breaking down the closer we get to game 1. but to be fair, some pistons fans have come trolling here so if you dish it and you get it back. but there are a lot of good discussions too.

I understand that, but I was one of the first piston fans to post here for this series, and I believe my post was pretty civil. Nobody is looking for a hug or a "pistons could win bro", but damn, I thought spurs fans were more mature, humble, and realistic then what I've seen so far. So far it's the same lame ass jokes about the city of detroit, 'Sheed, and offense that came from miami fans. You'd think a team with a similar composition would have more respect for an equal opponent.

Kori Ellis
06-08-2005, 01:38 AM
I understand that, but I was one of the first piston fans to post here for this series, and I believe my post was pretty civil. Nobody is looking for a hug or a "pistons could win bro", but damn, I thought spurs fans were more mature, humble, and realistic then what I've seen so far. So far it's the same lame ass jokes about the city of detroit, 'Sheed, and offense that came from miami fans. You'd think a team with a similar composition would have more respect for an equal opponent.

A lot of the Pistons fans have been posting city smack, racist comments against Mexicans, bringing up the Spurs asterisk Championship in 1999, etc.

So, there's some bad smack on both sides. But there's also a lot of good conversation.

Take the ribbing (even though some if it is senseless or inappropriate) and carry on.

BadlyDrawnBoy
06-08-2005, 01:39 AM
Well, the Pistons fans are the worst of "new" posters since the playoffs started.

Worse then the Denver fans, worse than the SOnic fans, and diff. worse than the Suns fans.

BadlyDrawnBoy
06-08-2005, 01:39 AM
A lot of the Pistons fans have been posting city smack, racist comments against Mexicans, bringing up the Spurs asterisk Championship in 1999, etc.

So, there's some bad smack on both sides. But there's also a lot of good conversation.

Take the ribbing (even though some if it is senseless or inappropriate) and carry on.

Did you ban any of those retards?

Kori Ellis
06-08-2005, 01:40 AM
Well, the Pistons fans are the worst of "new" posters since the playoffs started.

Worse then the Denver fans, worse than the SOnic fans, and diff. worse than the Suns fans.

Sorry, but that's bullshit. The Pistons fans have actually been the most basketball knowledgable group that's been here in the playoffs.

Kori Ellis
06-08-2005, 01:40 AM
Did you ban any of those retards?

No, should I ban the Spurs fans who are talking shit too?

PM5K
06-08-2005, 01:42 AM
Let's not talk about Spurs fans and being mature, when was the last time there was a brawl at a San Antonio Spurs game, or when was the last time we had riots after winning a championship, or the last time we yelled "bullshit" in unison after a bad call (which we get our share of)?

[/THREAD]

BadlyDrawnBoy
06-08-2005, 01:43 AM
No, should I ban the Spurs fans who are talking shit too?

No, I'm talking about the one who brought up the racist comments.

Kori Ellis
06-08-2005, 01:44 AM
Let's not talk about Spurs fans and being mature, when was the last time there was a brawl at a San Antonio Spurs game, or when was the last time we had riots after winning a championship, or the last time we yelled "bullshit" in unison after a bad call (which we get our share of)?

There was a fight in the SBC Center in the first round of the playoffs (it just wasn't with players, it was fans vs security).

The "bullshit" chants and the "refs you suck" chants are far from non-existent at the SBC Center.

PM5K
06-08-2005, 01:45 AM
Sorry, but that's bullshit. The Pistons fans have actually been the most basketball knowledgable group that's been here in the playoffs.

That's pretty much true, a little trolling and some interesting user names but that's about it, not as bad as the other teams but I won't be shocked if more come out of the woodwork once we go up on them by a few games...

PM5K
06-08-2005, 01:46 AM
There was a fight in the SBC Center in the first round of the playoffs (it just wasn't with players, it was fans vs security).

The "bullshit" chants and the "refs you suck" chants are far from non-existent at the SBC Center.

That wasn't even a scuffle, and I've seen every game for years and I can't recall those chants....

Kori Ellis
06-08-2005, 01:47 AM
That wasn't even a scuffle, and I've seen every game for years and I can't recall those chants....

It wasn't a scuffle? A security guard got punched in the face.

I hear the Refs You Suck chants at every single game -- The Baseline Bums start them. Bullshit chants are more rare.

timvp
06-08-2005, 01:47 AM

Must not go to many games. Chanting BS is tame to what you can hear at the SBC Center.

PM5K
06-08-2005, 01:48 AM
Must not go to many games. Chanting BS is tame to what you can hear at the SBC Center.

I've been to plenty, I'm not saying I won't hear a couple of people yelling shit, but I never hear the chants from the entire crowd...

timvp
06-08-2005, 01:51 AM
Spurs fans have been there, done that.

Kori Ellis
06-08-2005, 01:52 AM
Spurs fans at the SBC Center did the Bullshit chant quite a bit throughout the arena during the Sonics series.

PM5K
06-08-2005, 01:54 AM
I punched a security guard once, what's the big deal?

Wait, you guys are right, you win, Spurs fans are a bunch of stupid fucking assholes....

myhc
06-08-2005, 01:59 AM

The dissing has been both started and continued by both sides so let's not get 1 sided here.

Kori Ellis
06-08-2005, 02:00 AM
No one is saying they are a bunch of assholes. Just people shouldn't act like Spurs fans are all high and mighty and would never do something like chant "Bull Shit", when in fact it happens at least once a series. And other not so nice chants, every game.

PM5K
06-08-2005, 02:04 AM
No one is saying they are a bunch of assholes. Just people shouldn't act like Spurs fans are all high and mighty and would never do something like chant "Bull Shit", when in fact it happens at least once a series. And other not so nice chants, every game.

Yeah the last game I went to they started chanting that I had a small penis, these spurs fans really do suck, I mean it's not huge but it's not small by any means.....

Sense
06-08-2005, 03:49 AM
I've been "watching" ALOT , ALOT of spurs games... very rarely do I get to hear through the Television,(because that's the only way I get to see a game)the Spurs crowd shout "Ref you suck" or "Bullshit", unless the calls are actually stupid, that anyone in the nose bleed section could've seen. Then I would understand, but most spurs fans are mature and know alot of shit about the game, because there's no other sport in san antonio when the NBA season starts..

Anyways I wouldn't know if anything happened in the SBC Center if I haven't been there... so .. You might be right.

Kori Ellis
06-08-2005, 03:52 AM
They chant "Ref, You Suck" at every single home game. It's one of the Baseline Bums every game rituals. On TV, you don't hear as much crowd noise from Spurs game as you do when you are watching games at other arenas, mainly because the SBC Center doesn't mic toward the crowd like some other places do. Also (off topic) the SBC Center doesn't mic their rims like other arenas do.

Sense
06-08-2005, 03:55 AM
They chant "Ref, You Suck" at every single home game. It's one of the Baseline Bums every game rituals. On TV, you don't hear as much crowd noise from Spurs game as you do when you are watching games at other arenas, mainly because the SBC Center doesn't mic toward the crowd like some other places do. Also (off topic) the SBC Center doesn't mic their rims like other arenas do.

hehehe I hear that..

I heard every swish when we played against the Suns in PHX..

Rematch+Repeat=Revenge
06-08-2005, 07:47 AM
Yep, you guys are right. Detroit sucks, Auburn Hills sucks, we are the dredges of humanity. Everyone who has ever been a Pistons fan in the history of basketball was on the court that night, picking fights with the players. Every single person in the stands was throwing drinks and popcorn. Heck, everyone watching the game at home starting throwing whatever they could get their hands on at the TV.
Hitler and Jeffrey Dahlmer were Pistons fans.
Living in the Detroit metro area is the seventh circle of hell. We must have really fucked up in another life to be damned to live in this state.
We kick puppies and small children every chance we get. We can't help it - Kid Rock tells us to. At least, we think it's Kid Rock, who's name refers to a rock of crack, not music - but it could be Bob Seger, who we think is Satan himself.
The state of Michigan is bordered by water on three sides for a reason - it's harder to escape this cesspool of so-called humanity. You should pity us.

/s

Taco
06-08-2005, 07:53 AM
Huge influx of "challenged" Pistons fans

I'll bet they are all Hunters :wow :lol

SpursWoman
06-08-2005, 08:06 AM

That's what I was going to say....I've been reading and reading, and unless a lot of the bullshit 12 year old smack is getting deleted, most posts I've seen from Piston's fans have been good. I've seen more (embarrassing) juvenile stuff from a few Spurs fans than anyone else.

I like it when other teams' fans visit the forum....even the instigators are pretty funny most of the time.

and :lmao @ EHJ!

HULKAROCK
06-08-2005, 08:09 AM
We're just here having some good old fashioned verbal rivalry. It gets heated at times, and after each game, it will get more heated. It's the fun of the game. Hopefully Spurs fans are more knowledgable about the game then the folks in Miami. Those people basically wanted the championship trophy handed over to them, no questions asked, because Shaq said it to be so.

samikeyp
06-08-2005, 08:11 AM
There have been a few exceptions but otherwise the Pistons fans who have come here have been pretty cool. Most of them stick to basketball and that is what it should be.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-08-2005, 08:13 AM
I'm with Hulkarock. It's going to take a little bit of time and patience but if you sift through most of what's been said I think that the level of debate hear is well above what it was with the Nugs and Sonics fans. It's about on par with what we had with the two Suns fans who visited. Some of us haven't been the best of hosts, nor they the best of guests but at the end of the day most of them are simply basketball fans who believe their team is going to win, like many of us. Of course, once this series actually starts I think I'll probably want to bookmark this thread as the last bastion of civility.

SpursWoman
06-08-2005, 08:13 AM
We're just here having some good old fashioned verbal rivalry. It gets heated at times, and after each game, it will get more heated. It's the fun of the game. Hopefully Spurs fans are more knowledgable about the game then the folks in Miami. Those people basically wanted the championship trophy handed over to them, no questions asked, because Shaq said it to be so.

It was funny...we were watching one of the Pistons/Heat games the other day, and one of Miami's own beat writers called out all Miami fans as being front-runners....only GAF about their team when they are winning.

:wow :lol

xcoriate
06-08-2005, 08:17 AM
:lmao at EHF! In SPAM I trust.

Secondly overall I have been pretty impressed with Pistons fans most of the stupid behaviour starts when a Spurs fan decides that this is a Spurs board and blah blah blah.

Other teams posters a re cool with me as long as they don't expect me to tell them yes the Spurs will lose. So be cool no matter whos team they support (yes that includes Mouse). <-- I got ya back Mouse :)

Spurs in 6!

HULKAROCK
06-08-2005, 08:30 AM
The Pistons have had to prove they were a good team last year. They still don't get the respect from a lot of NBA fans. Oh well. I guess that's the way it goes sometimes. The thing that aggrivates me is when there are excuses made as to why the Pistons shouldn't have won last year and this year. Injuries, egos, refs. It's all part of the game. Everybody know a championship is won on many factors and part of the struggle in winning a championship in any sport is the team's ability to stay healthy.

samikeyp
06-08-2005, 08:30 AM
Secondly overall I have been pretty impressed with Pistons fans most of the stupid behaviour starts when a Spurs fan decides that this is a Spurs board and blah blah blah.

very true...or when a Piston fan drops "cowpoke" and "immigrant" smack

ZappaFan
06-08-2005, 08:34 AM
There will always be trolls that come into a board and try to stir up trouble. The really big problem is the way people react to them. People start antagonizing the trolls rather than ignoring them and pretty soon it degrades the whole board. Nobody ever wins in those kind of mud-slinging arguments.

I've seen this first hand over at the IndyStar board for the Pacers. I've been posting over there for five years now, even though I'm primarily a Pistons fan. But I lived in Indiana for about 20 years and also became a fan of the Pacers. That board used to be really good, with a lot of well thought out discussion. Last year it was great. I had some very heated discussions regarding Pistons/Pacers bball, but it was pretty much always civil.

Then came the brawl, and everything changed for the worse. Some Piston fan trolls came in, Pacer trolls surface to antagonize the Piston trolls, and the vicious cycle had begun. It's still pretty bad. People start throwing out insults in regards to everything Michigan and everything Indiana. Really really stupid tripe from both sides.

It got bad enough that some of the best quality posters left the board. There are still some really good folks over there, but the board is fairly dominated by immature bullcrap. It's sad really.

So don't let this board slide into that kind of level regardless of what some trolls may try to do. Don't join in the bullcrap. Just ignore the trolls.

HULKAROCK
06-08-2005, 08:37 AM
very true...or when a Piston fan drops "cowpoke" and "immigrant" smack

Well, I am guilty of asking a Spurs fan yesterday if his horse had an internet hook up on it.. Hey.. Just trying out my new material. :lol

Solid D
06-08-2005, 08:38 AM
The Pistons have had to prove they were a good team last year. They still don't get the respect from a lot of NBA fans. Oh well. I guess that's the way it goes sometimes. The thing that aggrivates me is when there are excuses made as to why the Pistons shouldn't have won last year and this year. Injuries, egos, refs. It's all part of the game. Everybody know a championship is won on many factors and part of the struggle in winning a championship in any sport is the team's ability to stay healthy.

The Pistons v. Lakers matchup last year left nothing in doubt. No further questions. Phil and his boys could only silently smile, shake hands and walk off the court with no "real" excuses. The Pistons threw a wet blanket over the Lakers and there was nothing left but a small trail of smoke and powdery embers.

I most def. respect the Pistons.

samikeyp
06-08-2005, 08:39 AM
Well, I am guilty of asking a Spurs fan yesterday if his horse had an internet hook up on it

Yes...you were the one I was referring to.

SPARKY
06-08-2005, 08:40 AM
...and hey, I am guilty of wondering if Piston fan assraped their younger cousin to "Cowboy" by Kid Rock while high on crystal meth before going to Piston games

SPARKY
06-08-2005, 08:41 AM

Oh cry me a fucking river.

HULKAROCK
06-08-2005, 08:41 AM
Yes...you were the one I was referring to.

I'm sure you guys have some Motor City material you can sling out there..

samikeyp
06-08-2005, 08:43 AM
Why not just talk basketball?

HULKAROCK
06-08-2005, 08:43 AM
Oh cry me a fucking river.

Typical.. Non educated.. Probably from Miami.. Or L.A.. Learn the game son.

HULKAROCK
06-08-2005, 08:45 AM
Why not just talk basketball?
I'll talk plenty of basketball. This site is all new to me. When a guy like Sparky shoots a shot out, I'll respond. In fact, I think it was him that I was talking to.

samikeyp
06-08-2005, 08:47 AM
The next time you talk about basketball will be the first time.

Actually you fired the first shot....Sparky and I fired back.

SPARKY
06-08-2005, 08:48 AM
Typical..

Never ordinary.

Non educated..

You must be proud of your GED.

Probably from Miami.. Or L.A..

SA born and raised.

Learn the game son.

Oh I know the game. And I also know that Piston fan needs to stop complaining to Spurs fans about how they haven't gotten any respect. For someone who knows the game so well you should understand why that is so.

Then again, maybe you're just a whiney little bitch.

Wreck281Shop
06-08-2005, 09:05 AM
We will only be here for two weeks then we will leave you like we left Miami, worrying about baseball season. Wait, you don't have a baseball team. Well football season. Wait, you don't have a football team! Well badmiton or whatever you do when your season is over. Also, the last place on EARTH we need respect from is a city whose downtown closes at 7 PM and built a monument to getting their @$$ kicked by Santa Anna!

SPARKY
06-08-2005, 09:06 AM
We will only be here for two weeks then we will leave you like we left Miami, worrying about baseball season. Wait, you don't have a baseball team. Well football season. Wait, you don't have a football team! Well badmiton or whatever you do when your season is over. Also, the last place on EARTH we need respect from is a city whose downtown closes at 7 PM and built a monument to getting their @$$ kicked by Santa Anna!

Which explains why you are reading and posting in this forum. Are you really this stupid or did your mother drop you on your head when you were an infant?

MadDog73
06-08-2005, 09:07 AM
"Can't we all just get along?" :lol

Seriously, any fan worth his smack should not be surprised the Spurs and Pistons are facing off. Hell, it was my pick last year, too.

We should also not be suprised to see a long, drawn out series. The match-ups are tough for both teams, and the coaching is equal. If it goes down to Free Throws, the Spurs could be in serious trouble.

SpursWoman
06-08-2005, 09:10 AM
Well football season. Wait, you don't have a football team!

Neither does Detroit, so :stfu

:lol

Wreck281Shop
06-08-2005, 09:10 AM
Which explains why you are reading and posting in this forum. Are you really this stupid or did your mother drop you on your head when you were an infant?

Is that the best you got sissy boy?

SPARKY
06-08-2005, 09:11 AM

Oh, I have more. Lots.

You're simply not worth it.

mookie2001
06-08-2005, 09:13 AM
uh were you talking about the alamo? thats not a monument at all

and detroit is year after year rated one of the worse places to live. i'm not into scoffing people for being from somewhere but kid rock and eminem
plus the arenas in auburn hills, change your name bastards

Wreck281Shop
06-08-2005, 09:14 AM
Neither does Detroit, so :stfu

Check the NFL attendance record Bubba. It matters not if our team wins or looses we are always among the cities setting attendance records. You would know that if you were not stuck sucking Houston and Dallas d**ks.

gay abc
06-08-2005, 09:15 AM

you rang???? :lol

mookie2001
06-08-2005, 09:16 AM
yeah they should decide who wins the superbowl by attendence numbers

Wreck281Shop
06-08-2005, 09:18 AM
uh were you talking about the alamo? thats not a monument at all

and detroit is year after year rated one of the worse places to live. i'm not into scoffing people for being from somewhere but kid rock and eminem
plus the arenas in auburn hills, change your name bastards

Which is why we have the Super Bowl this year and every five years you are coughing up a new stadium to keep the Spurs from moving to Fort Worth.

SPARKY
06-08-2005, 09:22 AM
Which is why we have the Super Bowl this year and every five years you are coughing up a new stadium to keep the Spurs from moving to Fort Worth.

Yeah well your state income tax sucks, man.

Yeah well your MSA level economic growth rate is in the bottom quintile...

Yeah man, you don't have to shovel the humidity, man...

Please find a life.

mookie2001
06-08-2005, 09:23 AM
what ??
you cant scoff people for the city they live in not having a NFL team

the spurs will beat the auburn hills pistons, but we'll never see you here again so i'll see you in hell yankee

and man if we only had joey harrington on the spurs, with his all around talent we'd win every year

Clandestino
06-08-2005, 09:25 AM
yeah they should decide who wins the superbowl by attendence numbers

:lmao

Hook Dem
06-08-2005, 09:25 AM
You can't blame anyone for believing in their team and backing them. That includes both sides. That said, may the best team win!

SPARKY
06-08-2005, 09:27 AM
You know a fan is scared about his team's chances when he resorts to 'Chamber of Commerce' smack. Unfortunately for Piston fan, SpursTalk.com possesses the champ in that department... (*paging Buddy/TheWriter/whatever*)

Clandestino
and btw... i went to all the sonics games at SBC this year.. i never heard a full fledged "bullshit" chant like the other arenas.. of course you have fans here and there yelling bullshit and much worse, but it is not a collective chant like in other arenas...

SpursWoman
Check the NFL attendance record Bubba. It matters not if our team wins or looses we are always among the cities setting attendance records. You would know that if you were not stuck sucking Houston and Dallas d**ks.

Bubba? Thanks. I would have hoped at least for a Bertha Mae or something else a little more feminine. :cry

Chill out, Shira, it was a joke. I'm a Dallas fan, which as far as I know doesn't require fellatio. :baby :)

Clandestino
06-08-2005, 09:28 AM
i just want to know why detroit riots when they win anything... tearing up your city is the craziest way to celebrate that i've ever heard of...

Wreck281Shop
06-08-2005, 09:30 AM
what ??
you cant scoff people for the city they live in not having a NFL team

the spurs will beat the auburn hills pistons, but we'll never see you here again so i'll see you in hell yankee

and man if we only had joey harrington on the spurs, with his all around talent we'd win every year

Yeah well if you do beat the Auburn Hills Pistons you won't celebrate downtown San Antonio because it will be closed before the game ends!

Ishta
06-08-2005, 09:30 AM
Damn It's getting ugly and the Finals haven't even started yet!!

Shelly
06-08-2005, 09:32 AM
SW--I think Bertha May should be your new title! :lol

Shelly
06-08-2005, 09:32 AM
Yeah well if you do beat the Auburn Hills Pistons you won't celebrate downtown San Antonio because it will be closed before the game ends!

That was pretty weak.

spurschick
06-08-2005, 09:33 AM

Hehe... just wait and see.

mookie2001
06-08-2005, 09:34 AM
please riot when yall lose
tear auburn hills down to the ground, and enimens and kid rocks house too

Wreck281Shop
06-08-2005, 09:36 AM
i just want to know why detroit riots when they win anything... tearing up your city is the craziest way to celebrate that i've ever heard of...

Because it is not 100 degree outside.

violentkitten
06-08-2005, 09:37 AM
piston fan is doing his part to prove just how "challenged" he is in this thread

violentkitten
06-08-2005, 09:38 AM

that response was so sad i dont know whether to :lol or :cry

Clandestino
06-08-2005, 09:40 AM
hmmm... bc it is not 100 degrees outside they riot? :lmao

SpursWoman
06-08-2005, 09:42 AM

That's not a good excuse at all. The heat makes you even more cranky and foul tempered....and more likely to commit acts of violence.

Which hotel did you say you were staying at? :lol :lol

Wreck281Shop
06-08-2005, 09:46 AM
That's not a good excuse at all. The heat makes you even more cranky and foul tempered....and more likely to commit acts of violence.

Which hotel did you say you were staying at? :lol :lol

The Westin, the one with the mudd gorge running outside the Hotel.

FromWayDowntown
06-08-2005, 09:46 AM
I find it funny that Piston fan spends so much time asking all to talk about basketball, but faced with any real basketball talk, almost universally retorts with "Well, the Pistons are a team," or "the Spurs suck" -- and that's only if they stick to hoops and don't turn to the chamber of commerce schtick. For most of the "let's talk basketball" crowd, the next basketball take will be the first around here, as mikey pointed out.

And for a group that kicks its bottom lip about the lack of respect its team gets, it's AWFULLY lame for Piston fan to scoot in here and start dropping asterisk talk. With some of you, I'm really curious what you've done with your Lakers gear and your Bulls gear -- I guess you're saving it, since your Pistons gear finally came back into fashion.

SpursWoman
06-08-2005, 09:47 AM

Mud gorges are better to hide bodies. :)

Hook Dem
06-08-2005, 09:48 AM
Mudd gorge????? That UP of Michigan is your nuts hanging upside down! :lol

SPARKY
06-08-2005, 09:51 AM
I find it funny that Piston fan spends so much time asking all to talk about basketball, but faced with any real basketball talk, almost universally retorts with "Well, the Pistons are a team," or "the Spurs suck" -- and that's only if they stick to hoops and don't turn to the chamber of commerce schtick. For most of the "let's talk basketball" crowd, the next basketball take will be the first around here, as mikey pointed out.

And for a group that kicks its bottom lip about the lack of respect it's team gets, it's AWFULLY lame for Piston fan to scoot in here and start dropping asterisk talk. With some of you, I'm really curious what you've done with your Lakers gear and your Bulls gear -- I guess you're saving it, since your Pistons gear finally came back into fashion.

Amen.

nkdlunch
06-08-2005, 09:51 AM
No worries, half of them will be gone after game 1 :)

May_The_Best_Team_Win
06-08-2005, 09:52 AM
I knew it was only a matter of time before some trolls showed up but please do not lump all Pistons fans into the "troll" category. A majority of the posts ive seen from fellow Pistons fans have been intelligent civil conversations

SpursChampsIII
06-08-2005, 09:52 AM
Spurs fans at the SBC Center did the Bullshit chant quite a bit throughout the arena during the Sonics series.

I went to every home game in the Sonics series. You might have heard it around you, but it was not being bellowed throughout the SBC Center. I've never disagreed with you before, but you're way off base on this one.

Wreck281Shop
06-08-2005, 09:53 AM
that response was so sad i dont know whether to :lol or :cry

Actually I was being being an ahole because that was a stupid question. There was no riot when we won!

Wreck281Shop
06-08-2005, 09:54 AM

And for a group that kicks its bottom lip about the lack of respect it's team gets, it's AWFULLY lame for Piston fan to scoot in here and start dropping asterisk talk. With some of you, I'm really curious what you've done with your Lakers gear and your Bulls gear -- I guess you're saving it, since your Pistons gear finally came back into fashion.

SPARKY
06-08-2005, 09:54 AM
I knew it was only a matter of time before some trolls showed up but please do not lump all Pistons fans into the "troll" category. A majority of the posts ive seen from fellow Pistons fans have been intelligent civil conversations

Even Piston fan is embarrassed because of you, "Wreck"...

SpursChampsIII
06-08-2005, 09:55 AM

LOL...you don't have baseball or football teams either. We have as many championship rings in those sports as you do. Don't bring your weak stuff down here Yankee.

Wreck281Shop
06-08-2005, 09:55 AM
Hey dumb dumb, this thread is about 'Piston Fans'. Freakin idiot.

Shelly
06-08-2005, 09:56 AM

Yes, this is true and we thank posters like you. :)

SPARKY
06-08-2005, 09:56 AM
You talking to me or the imaginary squirrel on your screen?

Wreck281Shop
06-08-2005, 09:58 AM
Even Piston fan is embarrassed because of you, "Wreck"...

The last time I check I wasn't screwing his sister!

SpursWoman
06-08-2005, 09:59 AM

We don't. :)

FromWayDowntown

I really enjoy good basketball talk that doesn't just devolve into running smack that has nothing to do with the game being played. I tried to couch my post without absolutes, MTBTW because I recognize that there are some amongst your group who will engage in that type of conversation. Props to them -- from what I've seen, you're in that group. But by and large, the protests for "basketball talk" ring pretty hollow from the Detroit side so far.

SPARKY
Poor Piston fan was born without a funny bone.

May_The_Best_Team_Win
06-08-2005, 10:02 AM
Mods,

Can we delete this thread? The salami fest is getting old.

MadDog73
06-08-2005, 10:06 AM
OK, first thing you need to learn about Spurs Talk: there are no mods. So get over it. Kori will lock any thread she feels like, and keep any open she feels like.

She is the basketball princess, after all.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-08-2005, 10:06 AM
"Come on people now. Smile on your brother, everybody get together and try to love one another right now."

Wreck281Shop
06-08-2005, 10:12 AM
"Come on people now. Smile on your brother, everybody get together and try to love one another right now."

If you insist. :-)

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-08-2005, 10:16 AM
I started this thread because I was amazed at how many Pistons fans were posting incorrect facts about my Spurs. . .on my home board!

I liked the one that mentioned only 1 Spur starter and 1 bench player with a championship ring.

I also enjoyed the one that said Ben Wallace won't have to cover Nazr because he can't score. Someone didn't pay attention to Nazr in the Sonics series I guess.

Reading that stopping Manu will be similar to how Detroit stopped Kobe last year because of their similar styles made me laugh a little too.

Oh, and the comment that Bruce will run out of defensive energy cracked me up. Has anyone actually watched Bruce Bowen play defense??

Basically I think if you're going to talk smack on another team's board you should at least be intelligent about it.

Some of the Piston fans in here are great, you can tell. Some not. But I guess that's true of Spurs fans too.

Wreck281Shop
06-08-2005, 10:18 AM
I started this thread because I was amazed at how many Pistons fans were posting incorrect facts about my Spurs. . .on my home board!

I liked the one that mentioned only 1 Spur starter and 1 bench player with a championship ring.

I also enjoyed the one that said Ben Wallace won't have to cover Nazr because he can't score. Someone didn't pay attention to Nazr in the Sonics series I guess.

Reading that stopping Manu will be similar to how Detroit stopped Kobe last year because of their similar styles made me laugh a little too.

Oh, and the comment that Bruce will run out of defensive energy cracked me up. Has anyone actually watched Bruce Bowen play defense??

Basically I think if you're going to talk smack on another team's board you should at least be intelligent about it.

Some of the Piston fans in here are great, you can tell. Some not. But I guess that's true of Spurs fans too.

Wreck281Shop
06-08-2005, 10:27 AM
I was offended by someone claiming we 'need' the respect of San Antonio. That could be far from the truth. Now while I have no idea about SA's ring situation Ben Wallace is not going to have to guard Rasho. He is much faster that Rasho and Mohhomad. He can leave them to play help defense and get back much quicker than you think. Also, it is not like they are offensive players. Neither if them I believe has had a 10 point game this entire playoff. Also Manu is no Kobe. I won't even go there and yes we have watched Bowen play defense. That little drama will have to play itself out but one thing is for sure, Rip is not going to stand around and allow Bowen to hold him.
Were myself and my friends believe we gain ground is on Parker and for the first time this playoffs, or bench. Parker has been known to vanish against guards who play both offense and defense. I still remember when Pop benched Parker in the playoffs because Marbury used him so bad.

PistonFreak
06-08-2005, 10:29 AM

Like everything being posted by Spurs fans is the gospel truth...Come on now. :rolleyes

HULKAROCK
06-08-2005, 10:29 AM
San Antonio, ready for the Pistons, they are not..
Do, or do not. There is no try.. :rollin

SPARKY
06-08-2005, 10:32 AM
Like everything being posted by Spurs fans is the gospel truth...Come on now. :rolleyes

Dumbfuck, it's really quite simple. You come to this board, you post a lot of shit, and then whine like a little bitch because someone opts to respond in kind.

Shut the fuck up already Piston fan.

HULKAROCK
06-08-2005, 10:36 AM
Dumbfuck, it's really quite simple. You come to this board, you post a lot of shit, and then whine like a little bitch because someone opts to respond in kind.

Sparky, we can see you're going to be a real problem. Your name alone sounds like a bad rash. I hope you're around after each game to back up your leaking mouth. That boy needs an enima.

PistonFreak
06-08-2005, 10:36 AM
Hey Spark, do you ever leave the keyboard to take a piss or pinch a loaf? Or do you just shit in a bucket next to you and whiff it the 23 hours your in front of that computer?

Whine??? I don't think so. Also i've been polite, and haven't gotten into the gutter unlike your incest produced ass, realizing this is a Spurs board.

SPARKY
06-08-2005, 10:40 AM
Hey Spark, do you ever leave the keyboard to take a piss or pinch a loaf? Or do you just shit in a bucket next to you and whiff it the 23 hours your in front of that computer?

I'm not the one trolling around the internet looking for self-validation for myself and my team. But I guess you have the time...

Whine??? I don't think so. Also i've been polite, and haven't gotten into the gutter unlike your incest produced ass, realizing this is a Spurs board.

You've been :cry ing like the rest of the pussies.

Oh no, "incest". Is that all you're high school dropout ass came come up with?

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-08-2005, 10:42 AM

Let's just say that I'm getting a kick out of reading some of the Pistons fans posts. Dedrater would be a good screen name for some of you.

HULKAROCK
06-08-2005, 10:49 AM
"Callin out, around the world... are you ready for a brand new beat? Summer's here, and the time is right for the Pistons to REPEAT!!"

:music

SPARKY
06-08-2005, 10:50 AM
While I don't condone NBA players going into the stands to beat down Piston fan...

http://www.basketbrawl.us/fight-3.jpg

...I understand.

fekz
06-08-2005, 10:59 AM

The bitch is you, to be honest. You haven't posed one thing about basketball. Instead you go around flexing your e-thug persona on a message board. Then you want to talk about detroit? The majority of piston fans came in here civil, until bitches like you on your "high horse" came looking for something to troll about. Continue to mention the brawl, kid rock, and whatever other bullshit you can think of, because honestly, thats all you got.

LOL @ the alonzo mourning of spurstalk.com If any spurs fans want to talk about basketball intelligently, set up some threads and lets discuss. The detroit joke shit is old.

PistonFreak
06-08-2005, 11:04 AM
The bitch is you, to be honest. You haven't posed one thing about basketball. Instead you go around flexing your e-thug persona on a message board. Then you want to talk about detroit? The majority of piston fans came in here civil, until bitches like you on your "high horse" came looking for something to troll about. Continue to mention the brawl, kid rock, and whatever other bullshit you can think of, because honestly, thats all you got.

LOL @ the alonzo mourning of spurstalk.com If any spurs fans want to talk about basketball intelligently, set up some threads and lets discuss. The detroit joke shit is old.

Look at that dudes post total in 7 months. 1900 posts of "shut the fuck up dickhead". I know, that fight stuff 10 out of millions of fans is so old. That would be like someone from Michigan spouting the old and tired "queers and steers" thing, to these fine people of Texas.

SPARKY
06-08-2005, 11:05 AM
The bitch is you, to be honest. You haven't posed one thing about basketball.

Yes, I never post about basketball in this forum. You got me there. I've never discussed this series in this forum. You got me there.

I'm sorry if you can't handle it when you are called what you are, a whiney bitch running from fan forum to fan forum of the teams who your favorite team is facing in the playoffs and seeking some kind of psychic reward for that.

Man, I don't care about your team or you. You're just blips on the screen.

Instead you go around flexing your e-thug persona on a message board. Then you want to talk about detroit? The majority of piston fans came in here civil,

Piston fan needs to check the definition of "majority".

until bitches like you on your "high horse" came looking for something to troll about. Continue to mention the brawl, kid rock, and whatever other bullshit you can think of, because honestly, thats all you got.

Actually, I have a lot more, but you don't warrant it.

Actually, there were plenty of worthwhile threads about this series until Piston fan showed up and started spamming the forum with "DEEETROIT BASSSKETBALL" nonsense.

Piston fan acts like an idiot and then tries to be above it all. How cute.

SPARKY
06-08-2005, 11:07 AM
Look at that dudes post total in 7 months. 1900 posts of "shut the fuck up dickhead". I know, that fight stuff 10 out of millions of fans is so old. That would be like someone from Michigan spouting the old and tired "queers and steers" thing, to these fine people of Texas.

Piston fan now cries because one of his brethern exposed them for what they are...nothing but drunk loud trash.

fekz
06-08-2005, 11:09 AM

Probably 1900 posts of digging up as much dirt as he can about each team and city they face, with little "classy" bunnies skipping behind his every post. Problem is, the brawl happened in November. It's June. The majority of detroit is black (which is why I believe some of the insults are closet racism). who listens to kid rock? God damn, throw the bazooka gum jokes in the trash.

SPARKY
06-08-2005, 11:10 AM
Probably 1900 posts of digging up as much dirt as he can about each team and city they face, with little "classy" bunnies skipping behind his every post. Problem is, the brawl happened in November. It's June. The majority of detroit is black (which is why I believe some of the insults are closet racism). who listens to kid rock? God damn, throw the bazooka gum jokes in the trash.

Actually it's been 1,900 posts of discussing Spurs basketball in a forum called "SpursTalk.com". Oh my, that's odd.

How many posts do you have across every NBA fan forum? 20,000?

Before you start throwing stones you might want to think about your glass-walled house, bitch.

fekz
06-08-2005, 11:14 AM
Yes, I never post about basketball in this forum. You got me there. I've never discussed this series in this forum. You got me there.

I'm sorry if you can't handle it when you are called what you are, a whiney bitch running from fan forum to fan forum of the teams who your favorite team is facing in the playoffs and seeking some kind of psychic reward for that.

Man, I don't care about your team or you. You're just blips on the screen.

Piston fan needs to check the definition of "majority".

Actually, I have a lot more, but you don't warrant it.

Actually, there were plenty of worthwhile threads about this series until Piston fan showed up and started spamming the forum with "DEEETROIT BASSSKETBALL" nonsense.

Piston fan acts like an idiot and then tries to be above it all. How cute.

Aww, one detroit fan enranged poor little sparky. So heart wrenching, so sad. Yet you continue to respond to those blips on your screen. probably 1700 out of 1900 posts towards those blips on the screen. Geez sparky, don't you think thats alot of time for blips on a screen? If im a blip on the screen, why acknowledge that? Try not to punch the keys so hard when thinking about detroit. Take your fake class, faux knowledge of basketball, and stick it up your ass. You can keep responding all you want, im done with this thread.

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-08-2005, 11:16 AM
1900 posts! :lmao

Shelly
06-08-2005, 11:19 AM
If all of you Piston Fans were female....well....it would be a totally different story! :lol

SPARKY
06-08-2005, 11:21 AM
Aww, one detroit fan enranged poor little sparky.

Oh yes, it's only one Piston fan. Only one. And I'm the only Spurs fan in this forum who has a problem with Piston fan. Yeah.

So heart wrenching, so sad. Yet you continue to respond to those blips on your screen. probably 1700 out of 1900 posts towards those blips on the screen.

Actually, about 1,800 posts about the Spurs until Piston fan showed up.

Geez sparky, don't you think thats alot of time for blips on a screen? If im a blip on the screen, why acknowledge that? Try not to punch the keys so hard when thinking about detroit. Take your fake class, faux knowledge of basketball, and stick it up your ass. You can keep responding all you want, im done with this thread.

You have 34 posts in this forum over the course of a day. If Piston fan keeps up this pace, in about 210 days (roughly the equivalent of 7 months for those of you in Detroit), Piston fan will have....7,140 posts. And this isn't a Piston fan forum.

Piston fan is a sick, sick, little man.

Rick Von Braun
06-08-2005, 11:24 AM
90% of all the posts I have read from Detroit fans are not basketball related. I have read very few actual basketball takes. I have read a total of one (1) post with a basketball take backed up with a stat (mind you the actual stats being used were fixed to adjust for the pace of the game by ExtraStout http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif)

Based on the posts I've read so far, I can conclude that most of the Pistons' fans that post here know very little about Western Conference teams in general, and the Spurs in particular. Their ignorance would be tolerated a tad more if they would come here w/o the attitude. Sadly, the opposite has happened.

To all Pistons fans posting here, please bring something with more substance. You will find that there are some very knowledgeable posters at SpursTalk.com and you could engage in good basketball talks. Many people here love NBA basketball and watch many games other than the Spurs' ones.

There are also people here that love to talk smack, and/or are blind homers, and/or are not very knowledgeable about the game. May be some of your posts simply reflect a conditional reflex to some of smack posts by local posters. I urge you to see past that since you are posting in a Spurs board.

This place has an open policy regarding posters from all teams, and we have regular posters from most teams, including Pacers, Mavericks, Cavaliers, Suns, Blazers, Lakers, etc, etc. Please take advantage of that!

Quit the smack talk and bring it!

HULKAROCK
This Just In: Sparky Rolls Over The same Old Jokes

Palace not in Detroit
Kidd rock
Eminem
Smoke Crack
High Jack
Kellogs Snack
Indiana attack
Beer Thrower
Pipe Blower
Bob Seger
Joe Louis
Sparky Blew it...

td4mvp21
Chopper goes out of town for a couple of days and my favorite board has been overrun by a bunch of half-wit Piston fans. WTF??!!

I must say, I like their moxie. Nothing like wandering into another team's message board and starting 25 threads on how their team is going to kick our asses.

From what I've seen from their comments so far it's obvious to me that the Spurs play in the west far past most of their bedtimes. They seem to know a lot about their team, but not much about any team playing west of the mighty Mississippi. Note to Pistons fan: Next season ask your mama if you can pick up her stogies or her late-night pint from the corner store one night and find a TV to watch some real basketball being played on the late game on TNT.

Unfortunately for them, it appears that they haven't paid attention to the fact that these Spurs have gradually elevated their game through each round of these 2005 playoffs while the Pistons have beaten a Miami team that had its two stars hurt, and preceeded that 7-game nail biter with two series victories against teams that would have had a tough time even qualifying for a Western playoff slot.

I like the Pistons team, and I think the matchups will prove tougher than had we faced Miami, but I still think the Spurs prevail in 6 games. Unless this Detroit team has been dogging it to this point I don't see them beating the Spurs in a 7-game series if our team can stay relatively healthy. <-- That's not smack, that's fact.

As for the Detroit fans. . .like their team, they'll try awfully hard, but they won't have enough to stop us. Their bravado will be replaced with awe-inspired silent admiration for the posters that comprise Spurstalk. <-- Smack, for those keeping score.

In the end, we'll be back to our comfortable surroundings with only Sparky left to call all Spurs fans idiots, Aggie reminding us why Pop was lucky to coach the Spurs to three championships, and T Park telling us all randomly to go fuck ourselves with Solid trying hard to keep us all on the straight and narrow.

Believe in the SPAM my brothers and sisters and keep Spurstalk controlled by those who have the faith.

You make very good points but the Pistons fans aren't that bad. They do talk smack, but its because we egg them on. And you are right, the Spurs have gotten a lot better in each round. Last night I was watching the elimination game vs. the Nuggets, and we looked bad compared to what we are now. The Spurs have def. elevated their game.

SPARKY
06-08-2005, 11:28 AM
This Just In: Sparky Rolls Over The same Old Jokes

Palace not in Detroit

Actually I've yet to use that one.

Kidd rock

Guilty. Pretty hard to ignore when he's sitting courtside at every game.

Eminem

Nope. Not yet.

Smoke Crack

I don't believe I specifically mentioned the inhalation of smoke from the solid form of cocaine, yet.

High Jack
Kellogs Snack
Indiana attack
Beer Thrower
Pipe Blower
Bob Seger
Joe Louis
Sparky Blew it...

Don't worry, SPARKY will hit the high points of Detroit soon enough...

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-08-2005, 11:30 AM
You make very good points but the Pistons fans aren't that bad. They do talk smack, but its because we egg them on. And you are right, the Spurs have gotten a lot better in each round. Last night I was watching the elimination game vs. the Nuggets, and we looked bad compared to what we are now. The Spurs have def. elevated their game.

Spurs in 6. Detroit's D looks good against Eastern block teams. I like their Wallace Brother tandem, Prince and Billups. Having Antonio MickeyD off the bench is huge.

It should be a great series and I think all the Piston fans know it too.

Wreck281Shop
06-08-2005, 11:31 AM
So should we assume the way all of you assholes use 'Piston Fan' so repetitiously that Jim Rome finally beamed a signal SA?

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-08-2005, 11:32 AM
^^ Good one!

Ishta
06-08-2005, 11:32 AM
While I don't condone NBA players going into the stands to beat down Piston fan...

...I understand.

ROFLMAO at work:lol

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-08-2005, 11:35 AM

...I understand.

That is pretty damn funny! :lol

I love the look on PistonFreak's face, mouth all open. . .waiting to get clocked.

SpursWoman
06-08-2005, 11:37 AM

I love the look on PistonFreak's face, mouth all open. . .waiting to get clocked.

I think Sparky has been purposefully baiting the Piston Fans just so he could get them all riled up....so he could use that picture.

That's funny (the picture)... :lol

Wreck281Shop
06-08-2005, 11:38 AM
ROFLMAO at work:lol

Far be it to acually do some work at work huh?

SPARKY
06-08-2005, 11:39 AM
So should we assume the way all of you assholes use 'Piston Fan' so repetitiously that Jim Rome finally beamed a signal SA?

Nope, don't listen to Rome.

SPARKY
06-08-2005, 11:40 AM

...as opposed to what you are doing, right?

PistonFreak

Na, I wish it was me though. He's completely innocent, he's not the one that started it, and he's in the process of cleaning out Artest's bank account.

Wreck281Shop

At last news report that kid is now a millionaire.

HULKAROCK
06-08-2005, 11:41 AM
I think Sparky has been purposefully baiting the Piston Fans just so he could get them all riled up....so he could use that picture.

That's funny (the picture)... :lol

Pretty funny how that Dumb F Artest is sitting home right now, looking at his rap album sales reach 12 copies..

SPARKY
06-08-2005, 11:43 AM
Piston fan always tries to find a way to shift the blame...

Ishta
06-08-2005, 11:44 AM

My Boss is laughing with me...Get over it... :rolleyes

Wreck281Shop
06-08-2005, 11:45 AM
...as opposed to what you are doing, right?

I am a Network Specialist for a school district. I am off for the REST of the summer. If I were at work (dumb dumb) I wouldn't be as stupid as to tell everyone in a forum I am inappropriately using my computer during work hours!

Kori Ellis
06-08-2005, 11:47 AM
RVB, you missed a lot of posts, because the majority of what Pistons fans were posting yesterday was basketball related. It only got stupid when everyone (Spurs and Pistons fans alike) starting slinging city smack -- which is the stupidest thing in the world (unless you are the city manager or mayor). Then there was that one horrendous thread about the Spurs starters having only one ring -- but hey, I've heard worst takes from Spurs fans.

I'm closing this thread now. It's beyond stupid. Everyone disperse to the other threads and get back to talking basketball.

:princess

Spurs in Five.