PDA

View Full Version : Oh Hell Yeah!

GSH
04-27-2011, 01:34 PM
I was just at Lowes, buying some stuff for the house. There were a couple of employees in the garden center, and one asked the other if he was going to watch the game tonight. And the other one said, "Oh hell yeah. I'm ready to watch them win 3 in a row." A third worker walked up, and they were talking about how the Spurs can still come back.

I kind of laughed and thought - until it says 4 on the Grizzlies side, we still have a shot. The rest doesn't matter. I went to a nearby HEB, bought a cheap cooler, a case of beer, and a bag of ice. Took it back to them and told them to enjoy the game.

W.C. Fields insulted a lady at a party once, and she got huffy and told him, "You're drunk!". Fields shot back, "That's right - and you're ugly. But when I wake up in the morning, I'll be sober and you'll still be ugly." I'm sure all the Laker trolls will be confused, but the rest of you should understand. Even if the Spurs lose tonight, I'll wake up tomorrow a Spurs fan. But today, I'm ready to watch them win 3 in a row. Life is good.

hater
04-27-2011, 01:36 PM
that's why they work at Lowes

shit is over. wake up

honestfool84
04-27-2011, 01:36 PM
praise Jesus, hallelujah, amen. Go Spurs.

clambake
04-27-2011, 01:37 PM
u got killed in that other thread.

John Basedow
04-27-2011, 01:40 PM
I was just at Lowes, buying some stuff for the house. There were a couple of employees in the garden center, and one asked the other if he was going to watch the game tonight. And the other one said, "Oh hell yeah. I'm ready to watch them win 3 in a row." A third worker walked up, and they were talking about how the Spurs can still come back.

I kind of laughed and thought - until it says 4 on the Grizzlies side, we still have a shot. The rest doesn't matter. I went to a nearby HEB, bought a cheap cooler, a case of beer, and a bag of ice. Took it back to them and told them to enjoy the game.

W.C. Fields insulted a lady at a party once, and she got huffy and told him, "You're drunk!". Fields shot back, "That's right - and you're ugly. But when I wake up in the morning, I'll be sober and you'll still be ugly." I'm sure all the Laker trolls will be confused, but the rest of you should understand. Even if the Spurs lose tonight, I'll wake up tomorrow a Spurs fan. But today, I'm ready to watch them win 3 in a row. Life is good.

On the whole, I'd rather be anywhere than San Antonio.

John Basedow
04-27-2011, 01:42 PM
u got killed in that other thread.

He's hoping people already forgot about that bukkake sesh...nope.:lol

gospursgojas
04-27-2011, 01:43 PM
New thread, new topic.

Im down with anyone who still has hope. With you GSH

boutons_deux
04-27-2011, 01:54 PM
Grizz are the much better team, physically and mentally.

But theoretically Spurs can still pull off an upset.

John Basedow
04-27-2011, 01:55 PM
I prefer to go to Home Depot when I need inspiration...just personal preference, tbh.

FailureNotAnOption
04-27-2011, 01:57 PM
Failure is not an option for the Spurs - but they're still in it.

5in10
04-27-2011, 02:05 PM
d6wRkzCW5qI

KuntryDude
04-27-2011, 02:12 PM
That's why I love visiting good ol' SA. They allow you to drink on the job.

Rob123
04-27-2011, 02:14 PM
On the whole, I'd rather be anywhere than San Antonio.

Yeah our low unemployment, low cost of living, and lack of property taxes blow. Along with our aggressive growth, and budget increases.

I'd way rather be in california, with a failing economy, power outages, water shortages, defunct democracy, and retarded financial and energy deregulations, with incredible taxes.

Please dont come here when california goes into default and becomes one massive city of compton.

John Basedow
04-27-2011, 02:16 PM
Yeah our low unemployment, low cost of living, and lack of income taxes blow.

I'd way rather be in california, with a failing economy, power outages, water shortages, defunct democracy, and retarded financial and energy deregulations, with incredible taxes.

Please dont come here when california goes into default and becomes one massive city of compton.

1. The reference in my post went over your head.

2. I don't live in Cali, sorry your burn means nothing now:(

Jimcs50
04-27-2011, 02:35 PM
1. The reference in my post went over your head.

2. I don't live in Cali, sorry your burn means nothing now:(

I got your Philly reference.

:p:

Thompson
04-27-2011, 02:36 PM
Was that Fields? I always thought Churchill was the one who said that to the woman.

I also like Churchill's quote from when a woman who didn't like him said "If you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea," and he replied "Madam, if you were my wife, I'd drink it."

John Basedow
04-27-2011, 02:41 PM
Was that Fields? I always thought Churchill was the one who said that to the woman.

I also like Churchill's quote from when a woman who didn't like him said "If you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea," and he replied "Madam, if you were my wife, I'd drink it."

It is a Churchill quote: http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Unquotable:Winston_Churchill :lmao

lol GSH...how can one man fit so much fail into one day

cantthinkofanything
04-27-2011, 02:42 PM

I think that was Bea Arthur that said that.
But my favorite quote of hers was, "Never underestimate the heart of a champion."

Jimcs50
04-27-2011, 02:45 PM
I think that was Bea Arthur that said that.
But my favorite quote of hers was, "Never underestimate the heart of a champion."

That was not Bea Arthur, that was Dr Michael Debakey

John Basedow
04-27-2011, 02:46 PM
I got your Philly reference.

:p:

:tu

bus driver
04-27-2011, 02:55 PM
well i saw #12 at mickey d's on broadway in alamo heights for lunch, so that has to be a good omen! :flag:

i am still on the bus :flag:

mytespurs
04-27-2011, 03:13 PM
Yeah our low unemployment, low cost of living, and lack of property taxes blow. Along with our aggressive growth, and budget increases.

............and. don't forget our smog & earthquakes while you're at it!

I live in california-the republic of la county as a matter of fact , I can't think of a better place 2 live, warts & all! :king

cantthinkofanything
04-27-2011, 03:28 PM
That was not Bea Arthur, that was Dr Michael Debakey

Oh yeah. The guy that fixed Manu's elbow.

John Basedow
04-27-2011, 03:29 PM
Oh yeah. The guy that fixed Manu's elbow.

Thanks for the c-note :toast

cantthinkofanything
04-27-2011, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the c-note :toast

Yeah. Guess I'll have to forego 200 sessions with your mom so I can break even.

Ooops. What I meant to say was, "It's not over yet. Go Spurs!".

John Basedow
04-27-2011, 03:40 PM
Yeah. Guess I'll have to forego 200 sessions with your mom so I can break even.

Ooops. What I meant to say was, "It's not over yet. Go Spurs!".

Good luck scro...I hope SA-OKC battle it out to make the bet more interesting, but it's not looking good.

cantthinkofanything
04-27-2011, 03:41 PM
Good luck scro...I hope SA-OKC battle it out to make the bet more interesting, but it's not looking good.

No, not looking good. If Spurs lose, I'm an OKC fan for the rest of the playoffs.

John Basedow
04-27-2011, 03:43 PM
No, not looking good. If Spurs lose, I'm an OKC fan for the rest of the playoffs.

They're my pick to win it all

cantthinkofanything
04-27-2011, 03:47 PM
They're my pick to win it all

I'm a believer. I thought they would have a tougher time with Denver.

Jimcs50
04-27-2011, 03:48 PM

I won't even watch any more bball if Spurs lose this series.

Fuck em

John Basedow
04-27-2011, 03:50 PM
I'm a believer. I thought they would have a tougher time with Denver.

They are nowhere near the same team since the Perkins trade. Perkins was the exact piece they needed. Not only that, Green's departure gave Harden more minutes off the bench, and he's been averaging over 15ppg since the trade.

They improved their points-against defense by 10ppg. The scary thing is all those guys are 26 y/o or younger. The West is theirs for the forseeable future

cantthinkofanything
04-27-2011, 03:52 PM
I won't even watch any more bball if Spurs lose this series.

Fuck em

Usually that's my attitude. But this year, I want to see the Mavericks lose, then the Lakers. And Miami.

cantthinkofanything
04-27-2011, 03:54 PM
They are nowhere near the same team since the Perkins trade. Perkins was the exact piece they needed. Not only that, Green's departure gave Harden more minutes off the bench, and he's been averaging over 15ppg since the trade.

They improved their points-against defense by 10ppg. The scary thing is all those guys are 26 y/o or younger. The West is theirs for the forseeable future

I still can't figure out the Perkins trade. Boston is going to regret that in a few days.

4>0rings
04-27-2011, 03:58 PM
d6wRkzCW5qI
Woooolveeerriiiinnness!!!!

SourCandy
04-27-2011, 04:24 PM
d6wRkzCW5qI

:lmao @ the first "no we will run and we will live"

Frenzy
04-27-2011, 04:52 PM
XyPkUXGq1S0
:wakeup

johnnyblues
04-27-2011, 05:13 PM

you left out same sex marriages

4>0rings
04-27-2011, 05:16 PM
you left out same sex marriagesAnd private civilian gun control laws

GSH
04-27-2011, 11:37 PM
HAHAHA.... right now I don't care what any of the haters or trolls say. It's great to be a Spurs fan. What a day. A friend called and said they couldn't use their tickets. The AT&T was a freaking zoo. I'm glad I can type, because my voice is completely shot. EVERYBODY was talking about the Memorial Day Miracle and making comparisons. I don't know how the Spurs are going to top this on the road, and I don't care right now. I just hope my DVR was on, because I'm gonna watch it again.

Neal and Parker found their shots, and this thing is coming home for Game 7 baby!!!!