PDA

View Full Version : Dice tells it how it is for 2nd day in a row

cheguevara
04-27-2011, 02:40 PM
:lmao

McDyess doesn’t regret calling his team out after Game 4 loss
Antonio McDyess expressed no remorse Wednesday for some strong comments he had about his team’s attitude during a Game 4 loss at Memphis.

McDyess call his team “a bunch of wussies” after their struggles in a 102-84 loss to Memphis which has dropped the Spurs into a 3-1 hole in the best-of-seven series.

When asked about his stinging comments, McDyess said his strong words made for a reason.

“You saw the game. Everybody saw the game,” McDyess said. “So I ain’t said nothing that wasn’t true.

“We didn’t play like we know how to play. I haven’t seen that team I saw at the beginning of the year all playoffs. What I said was stuff that was coming from the heart and what was true. That’s including myself and coming from myself.”

The Spurs have had trouble in the first four games of the series hitting their shots and matching the defensive intensity of the Grizzlies, who will be looking to become only the second No. 8 seed in NBA history to advance in the first round of a best-of-seven series.

McDyess, the team’s oldest and most experience player, isn’t sure how his team will respond.

“I don’t know yet,” he said. “It’s yet to be seen, because the game hasn’t started. Guys really know what position we are in right now and what we need to do. It’s just a point of coming out and doing it. There hasn’t been anything been said too much. It’s basically all laid on the table knowing that we have to go get in a win.”

But his blunt critique has caught the attention of his teammates at their shootaround Wednesday morning.

“You know McDyess is one of our vets and he wants to win a championship,” Spurs guard Tony Parker said. “He’s very frustrated right now. I can understand that. You’ll see the reaction tonight.”

Cessation
04-27-2011, 02:45 PM
"You'll see the reaction tonight" I'm liking this. I hope its not all talk. Memphis is so annoying, fucking celebrating like they won a championship after every game, I'm half expecting to see streamers and champaigne.

tmtcsc
04-27-2011, 02:49 PM
It's very clear that Dice has pride, unlike some of his teammates. I'm interested in seeing if Manu wears the brace tonight. I say he loses it. "There is no tomorrow Rock ! There is no tomorrow !".

Dex
04-27-2011, 02:57 PM
Dice was already my favorite current Spur outside the Big 3, but my respect for him has sky-rocketed.

Screw the technical foul and the point it cost us. For one, that technical foul got Splitter's ass off the goddamn bench.

More importantly, it's just good to see someone show some emotion about this damn thing. The rest of the team just seems to be sleepwalking through a golden opportunity, and I'm glad someone is trying to wake their asses up. I just really hope its not too little, too late.

John Basedow
04-27-2011, 03:04 PM
"You'll see the reaction tonight" I'm liking this. I hope its not all talk. Memphis is so annoying, fucking celebrating like they won a championship after every game, I'm half expecting to see streamers and champaigne.

They wouldn't be doing that if the Spurs could actually win a game. Food for thought

Mugen
04-27-2011, 03:06 PM
Good for Dice.

Too bad his teammates are proven chokers like Hill/RJ/Bonner who have yet to show a pair in this series.

Libri
04-27-2011, 03:16 PM
Have any the players been self critical? For example, instead of saying, "the team played bad", they say something like, "I played like crap but I'm going to bounce back and play better the next game." I think Manu has done it before after a difficult loss.

John Basedow
04-27-2011, 03:23 PM
If the Spurs don't like them celebrating, then beat them. Simple solution, really.

The Great Fantastic
04-27-2011, 03:44 PM
Way to be, McDyess!

4>0rings
04-27-2011, 03:46 PM
I'm waiting for the Detroit ghetto thug to come out.

Cessation
04-27-2011, 03:58 PM
Can you imagine bonner playing 20 minutes a game on those Detroit teams Dice was a part of? I know I can't.

Cane
04-27-2011, 04:02 PM
Last year the Spurs were playing like dogs, nowadays they're more like pups. Hopefully this shit can turn around. Not even the poodles on the Magic lost their elimination at home last night and Dwight was basically a non-factor.... :flag:

cantthinkofanything
04-27-2011, 04:06 PM
Can you imagine bonner playing 20 minutes a game on those Detroit teams Dice was a part of? I know I can't.

I can't imagine Bonner playing 20 minutes in the Little Dribblers league.

beirmeistr
04-27-2011, 04:08 PM
Have any the players been self critical? For example, instead of saying, "the team played bad", they say something like, "I played like crap but I'm going to bounce back and play better the next game." I think Manu has done it before after a difficult loss.

I am not aware of Parker or Duncan being self critical in this playoff.

elbamba
04-27-2011, 04:26 PM
This could be his last game. I hope he leads by example and doesn't take rushed jump shots.

SpurOutofTownFan
04-27-2011, 04:30 PM
Let's hope they can back it up with making shots, playing though and turning this series around

clambake
04-27-2011, 04:35 PM
good for dice.

GinobiliForTres
04-27-2011, 04:35 PM

I completely agree. If the game starts tonight and they're playing like "wussies" after Parker said THAT, I'm going to be pretty pissed.

FromWayDowntown
04-27-2011, 04:46 PM

TBH, I can't imagine Bonner playing 20 minutes a game for the 2005 Spurs, tbh . . . .

timtonymanu
04-27-2011, 04:48 PM

I hope Parker backs his shit up. He's been playing like shit all series.

Also :tu to McDyess. I'm getting tired of the "they just played better than us" mentality that some of these guys have. Man up and show these bitches the team we were suppose to be ever since. Of course though, the mental midget group of RJ/Hill/Bonner will probably fold as always. It's McDyess' last year and these guys are letting him down.

FromWayDowntown
04-27-2011, 04:48 PM
Good for Dice.

Too bad his teammates are proven chokers like Hill/RJ/Bonner who have yet to show a pair in this series.

He's got to be very disappointed.

He came to SA hoping for one last chance to get a title and this team has at least been in the conversation to get that done. Seeing those chances evaporate in a mist of soft play and quit has to be the ultimate disappointment for him as a basketball player.

peacemaker885
04-27-2011, 04:51 PM
Whoa - is this legit? What's the source? In any case if true, then I knew it that everything was a come on.

polandprzem
04-27-2011, 04:51 PM
To me the season is over.

I don't know but after that game 4 loss I already stopped thinking there is another game to play.

Not good esp. when I always had a faith and the "It's sports and everything can happen" kinda thing

It's too late now to call out a team that totaly lost it

I maybe wrong but I doubt it

xtremesteven33
04-27-2011, 04:54 PM
Bowen,Horry,and Oberto made up for the lack of toughness that Parker and Duncan seem to show. Ginobili obviously doesnt have the lack of toughness but Parker and Duncan dont play pissed off like Manu does.

Mcdyess im sure is suprised to see the lack of toughness from Parker and Duncan. They play as if theyre content with what theyve accomplished so far and dont really care if they win or lose.

boutons_deux
04-27-2011, 04:55 PM
If the Spurs continue to play off of their perimeter man, I'll know in the first quarter that the defense and game outcome won't be different.

temujin
04-27-2011, 04:55 PM
Dice seems to ignore that Horry and Bowen are gone.

Fpoonsie
04-27-2011, 04:56 PM
Mcdyess im sure is suprised to see the lack of toughness from Parker and Duncan. They play as if theyre content with what theyve accomplished so far and dont really care if they win or lose.

Don't lump Timmy in there with Tony. Timmy's doing what he can, but it's only so much against two young, tough 7 footers. His game is obviously not what it used to be, but it isn't as if he isn't trying. It's just that his "try" is no longer good enough.

xtremesteven33
04-27-2011, 05:03 PM
Don't lump Timmy in there with Tony. Timmy's doing what he can, but it's only so much against two young, tough 7 footers. His game is obviously not what it used to be, but it isn't as if he isn't trying. It's just that his "try" is no longer good enough.

Trying and playing tough are two different things. Duncan is trying his hardest but doesnt thrown his body around and doesnt play pissed off. He likes to play with the same demeanor no matter what. He says it himself. But there comes a time where you have to play out of character...Nows the time...

Whisky Dog
04-27-2011, 05:13 PM
Did you just call Randolph a 7 fter? Dude's an inch taller than Blair

The team is soft as shit because Pop has become soft as shit. Gone are hard nosed defenders and precision offense, what he have are finesse big men and 3 pt jackers. I can't blame TD because once the body takes so much abuse and hits mid 30s it just won't happen no matter how much you want it.

Cane
04-27-2011, 05:15 PM
Trying and playing tough are two different things. Duncan is trying his hardest but doesnt thrown his body around and doesnt play pissed off. He likes to play with the same demeanor no matter what. He says it himself. But there comes a time where you have to play out of character...Nows the time...

I disagree about Duncan. He's been doing his part in setting the tone by throwing down several thunderous dunks that we haven't seen all year and he was averaging over 3 blocks a game before the stinker the other night where everyone quit. Remember also that Duncan made some comments about realizing the Grizz tanked. He's been the most efficient and effective player of the big 3 even after tweaking his ankle in the series and he's battling a very physical and big frontcourt with the likes of an ancient Dice and Bonner.

Fpoonsie
04-27-2011, 05:16 PM
Did you just call Randolph a 7 fter? Dude's an inch taller than Blair

My mistake; though, he plays like it. If only our "Randolph" had that kinda skill-set.

Sigz
04-27-2011, 05:20 PM
Spurs need to stop being some soft motherfuckers.

Mr.Robinson
04-27-2011, 05:27 PM
If the Spurs don't like them celebrating, then beat them. Simple solution, really.

Can someone pay attention to this poor guy? This is the second time he says the same shit in consecutive posts.

Slippy
04-27-2011, 05:33 PM
Pop's talk about being grown men know what to do . Blah Blah is just that . Sometimes grown men are content with losing but we all have a burning desire that gets better of us.

Dice is stoking that fire. Wish he did it before game 4.

ploto
04-27-2011, 05:36 PM
Maybe he should call out himself, too. Having a tantrum and getting a technical is not exactly playing tough.

polandprzem
04-27-2011, 05:41 PM
Maybe he should call out himself, too. Having a tantrum and getting a technical is not exactly playing tough.

He did

TheChillFactor
04-27-2011, 05:45 PM
I really wish McDyess would just shut his man-pleaser. He hardly fucking contributes AT ALL.

Even prime Tim Duncan didn't talk shit when we were going down in flames to the Lakers in 2002.

rr2418
04-27-2011, 06:12 PM

CORRECTION! It was "one fan" and not the Spurs team that Memphis celebrations are bothering them. :rolleyes

SenorSpur
04-27-2011, 06:42 PM
I'm glad Dice spoke up. If the team is going to go down, better to do so with nary a bullet left in the gun. Use all your amunition and don't go out with a whimper. For the past four games, this team has been whimpering and have wilted against a far more physical bunc. It's already clear what Dice has on his mind. I just wonder if anyone will join him?

objective
04-27-2011, 06:50 PM
Bowen,Horry,and Oberto made up for the lack of toughness that Parker and Duncan seem to show. Ginobili obviously doesnt have the lack of toughness but Parker and Duncan dont play pissed off like Manu does.

It's not about Bowen and Horry making up for the big three, it's about the absolute freefall in toughness, clutchness, and intangibles from the Bowen and Horry replacements: Jefferson and Bonner.

Bowen could go scoreless in a game and still help the Spurs win with his incredible defense and effort. Jefferson goes scoreless and screws the team with his lack of all those other things.

Horry could miss threes but play incredible defense, grab huge rebounds, get sneaky steals leading to fast breaks, draw fouls, draw technicals, get huge blocks, and help the Spurs win in so many ways. Bonner misses threes and gets destroyed on defense, needs help on defense everytime making the defense suffer, get clobbered and thrown to the ground while trying to block out, pitter-patter about like a wayward chicken, and do nothing to help the Spurs win.

Ice009
04-27-2011, 06:57 PM
TBH, I can't imagine Bonner playing 20 minutes a game for the 2005 Spurs, tbh . . . .

Tony Massenburg would rip both of Bonner's arms off and bitch slap him with them/

objective
04-27-2011, 07:00 PM
Imagine Bonner getting time over Rose and Willis because they didn't spread the floor.

New Jersey Nets, 2003 NBA Champions

Flux451
04-27-2011, 07:03 PM
Playin like deer in head lights. This team is shook. Can't believe it after a hardnosed season. George Hill is a huge disaapointment. He is too timid right now. Right now, Novak should get mins instead of RJ. Neal should start. Tiago, Blair J anderson Manu, hill should be second unit. JA defense has improved since injury, similiar to how was playin at behinning of season.

They need to play like its the end of an era.

timtonymanu
04-27-2011, 08:06 PM
It's not about Bowen and Horry making up for the big three, it's about the absolute freefall in toughness, clutchness, and intangibles from the Bowen and Horry replacements: Jefferson and Bonner.

Bowen could go scoreless in a game and still help the Spurs win with his incredible defense and effort. Jefferson goes scoreless and screws the team with his lack of all those other things.

Horry could miss threes but play incredible defense, grab huge rebounds, get sneaky steals leading to fast breaks, draw fouls, draw technicals, get huge blocks, and help the Spurs win in so many ways. Bonner misses threes and gets destroyed on defense, needs help on defense everytime making the defense suffer, get clobbered and thrown to the ground while trying to block out, pitter-patter about like a wayward chicken, and do nothing to help the Spurs win.

Exactly. You never saw Bowen and Horry quit. When RJ and Bonner screw up, they put their heads down.

VaSpursFan
04-27-2011, 08:14 PM
i approve of dice's message...LOL

ALVAREZ6
04-27-2011, 08:22 PM
Way to go Antonio. Why couldn't you fucksticks play like this during the other games????

MannyIsGod
04-27-2011, 08:39 PM
Speaking out is one thing. Speaking out in the media is another. Dice is one of the reasons we've been down 3-1 as well.

Hasn't exactly been awesome tonight either.