PDA

View Full Version : what's with all the gloom and doom?

blizz
04-27-2011, 06:47 PM
it's not like next year we'll be a lottery team. you all are forgetting that last year we were horrible, we added a player or two and were healthy and we won 61 games. we did all that without Duncan being much of a factor at all. so what's going to be so different next year? it's not like he declined from December till now, he hasn't been great all season and we learned to play without him. we're not practicing that in these playoffs and that's why we're down. you get younger and athletic by adding a player or two..it's really not that hard. why hasn't it happened then? because pop didn't want to take the time or effort to coach a young player when he thought what he had could get it done. he was wrong, time to get a couple of guys in and just let them play. i don't think it's over by any means. is it over with Duncan leading the charge scoring, rebounding, blocking shots, finals MVP...no doubt....that's been over for a few years....can we still compete....scare some teams...be the team no one wants to play and maybe...just maybe surprise some people? absolutely. so chin up spurs fans...even if we lose this series, this isn't over. while i'm sad that the duncan era is coming to an end, i'm excited about the possibilities.

Whisky Dog
04-27-2011, 06:50 PM
If you're not a title contender you're better off being one of the worst 3 teams to rebuild through landing a potential superstar in the draft. The Spurs would be better quicker if they lost 61 games next season. They just aren't title contenders anymore.

spurspokesman
04-27-2011, 06:55 PM
it's not like next year we'll be a lottery team. you all are forgetting that last year we were horrible, we added a player or two and were healthy and we won 61 games. we did all that without Duncan being much of a factor at all. so what's going to be so different next year? it's not like he declined from December till now, he hasn't been great all season and we learned to play without him. we're not practicing that in these playoffs and that's why we're down. you get younger and athletic by adding a player or two..it's really not that hard. why hasn't it happened then? because pop didn't want to take the time or effort to coach a young player when he thought what he had could get it done. he was wrong, time to get a couple of guys in and just let them play. i don't think it's over by any means. is it over with Duncan leading the charge scoring, rebounding, blocking shots, finals MVP...no doubt....that's been over for a few years....can we still compete....scare some teams...be the team no one wants to play and maybe...just maybe surprise some people? absolutely. so chin up spurs fans...even if we lose this series, this isn't over. while i'm sad that the duncan era is coming to an end, i'm excited about the possibilities.

Well for starters we are an 1st seed down 3-1 to an 8th seed with are team playing like a young ladies softball team. I'm pretty sure the creative posters up here can add to the list.

blizz
04-27-2011, 06:55 PM
You have a point. I just don't think this city could sustain a 20 win team for too long.

Cane
04-27-2011, 07:13 PM
If the Spurs lose this series I'm going to blame it mostly on injuries and Tony Parker disappearing for the first few games. Its almost unreal that the Spurs were about to finish with a healthy season then Duncan hurt his ankle late in the season (and in the playoffs), Manu hurt his elbow and missed that pivotal game 1, and Dice tweaked his leg throughout the season. The Spurs don't have the talent to really be competitive without at least a healthy Big 3.

The Grizz are also a terrible match-up for the Spurs since they're bigger, more athletic, and more physical at just about every match-up. Like Barkley said, the Spurs would beat the Hornets but the playoffs are all about match-ups and the Grizz are just a terrible one.

Whether or not they lose, the Spurs need to get bigger bodies in the lineup with playoffs quality defense and athleticism.