PDA

View Full Version : Shaq Blows Off Press Conference

dbreiden83080
06-07-2005, 11:45 PM
I am watching NBA TV after the game waiting patiently for Shaq to get to the podium to hear about the loss waiting and waiting until i realized he was blowing it off. They never said that he did but it is obvious they talked to RIP, Chauncy the coaches, Wade everyone but Shaq he obviously said no when asked to come to the podium. That is one of many reasons i do not like now nor will i ever like Shaq. His Ego is so damn big he never admits defeat or gives any credit to the other team. I saw him on Sportscenter with his head down by his locker mumbling about how this will make them better and they will be back. When the Spurs lost last year in game 5 after the Fisher shot Duncan dragged himself up there and politely answered every question after probably the most hearbreaking loss of his career. After they lost in game 6 gets up there gives the lakers all respect and leaves with class. No not Shaq he gives no respect to anyone and demands it from everyone it makes me sick. The media kisses his butt like crazy and give Duncan no credit or respect, they just call him boring, well i guess if giving your opponents the class and respect they deserve is boring then he must be.

mavsfan1000
06-08-2005, 12:10 AM
Shaq is a big reason why I was such a Laker hater and now I have become a Miami hater. He gives me so many reasons to not like him.

PM5K
06-08-2005, 01:37 AM
How can you blame the guy for not wanting to answer a bunch of stupid ass questions from idiot reporters after a big loss like that?

Ever get asked a stupid question after something has happened that pissed you off, that's how Shaq felt.

Props to the players that will and can but I don't hold anything against those that don't....

mavsfan1000
06-08-2005, 01:52 AM
He never owns up to when he fails. He is always talking about being the greatest ever then he should win championships without Bryant. Screw Shaq. He is a rich punk that acts like a a**hole.

mavsfan1000
06-08-2005, 02:09 AM
what?

milkyway21
06-08-2005, 03:10 AM
Shaq always ditched the media after a big loss unlike Duncan.

well, not talking is better than trash talkin' at this time:lol

zip it while you can ShaQ.

TDMVPDPOY
06-08-2005, 06:37 AM
i think shaq should stfu and go EAT A 8D

He dishes everyone on the mic, now its his turn to get back in his face when he cant back it up, the biggest BS talker and fuck the media loves suckin his shit. Dont wear a hat if it doesnt fit ur head...

HULKAROCK
06-08-2005, 07:53 AM
Are you kidding?That's why Shaq is a load. He is such a sore loser. It would have been a match made in heaven. Shaq calls his shot like Babe Ruth for a championship, but no. The Pistons blow the ending, change his history. He's such an idiot.

Wallace ²
06-08-2005, 08:27 AM
I hate Shaq, he is the reason I hate the heat and why I hated the Lakers. The main reason though, is he brings all of the bandwagon fans with him no matter where he goes. If its one thing I hate more than Shaq, it is bandwagon fans. The Pistons had them last year and the Red Wings had them when they had their run the last 10 years or so. They know nothing about the sport but claim to know everything.

Spurminator
06-08-2005, 09:21 AM
Ah full circle... After years of the press blowing Shaq, he's now blowing them off.

1Parker1
06-08-2005, 09:33 AM
Ah full circle... After years of the press blowing Shaq, he's now blowing them off.

:lol Everything in the Universe is in place. Shaq is out of the Finals as is Kobe, and Spurs are rightfully back in.

KEDA
06-08-2005, 10:50 AM
Ah, got to go with the Diesel on this one.

I bowled like shit last night and I was pissed enoughto just leave, and not say goodbye to Krista, I didnt want to talk to anyone. So if I get mad enough at that, then I can see whay he was mad enough not to talk to the media.

HB22inSA
06-08-2005, 11:42 AM
I'm sorry, but your bowling and being a professional athlete are on very different levels.

He's supposed to address the media, it's almost his job.

No one cares about a bowling game.

Kori Ellis
06-08-2005, 12:22 PM
I saw Shaq in a postgame interview. He had his head down, but he was definitely talking and answering all the questions of the press. So how did he blow it off?

PM5K
06-09-2005, 03:18 AM
I saw Shaq in a postgame interview. He had his head down, but he was definitely talking and answering all the questions of the press. So how did he blow it off?

That's correct, he didn't go to the podium like other players did, which I guess isn't good enough for some here.

mavsfan1000
06-09-2005, 03:23 AM
So What. This guy never stops talking during the season about how great he is. I don't know how the average fan can tolerate his big mouth. I admit he can be funny at times but it gets sickening how much of an ego he has.

cqsallie
06-09-2005, 04:08 AM
I'd like to think Shaq is as funny as he seems to think he is, but the fact that he doesn't seem able to speak in a loud, clear voice detracts from whatever humor he believes he's bringing to the table.
Shaq: "Immmmmmmmm mumble, mumble, mumble, mmmmmrrrrrrggggghhhh."
Shaq's Hangers-On: "Ha! Ha! Ha! Way to go, funny man. You the man, Shaq! And just to prove what a man you is, see here all the big names from Hollywood who is laughin' at youse funny ways! Ha! Ha! Ha!"
The Rest of the World: "What the hell did he say?"
Shaq thinks he's much better than he really is; much funnier than he really is; much nicer than he really is; much more important than he really is; a world champion - which he sure as hell is NOT, for two years running.....

dbreiden83080
06-10-2005, 04:51 PM
Kori i said he blew off the press conference not the media altogether. He should have gone up there and owned up to the loss like other players do and he did not.

Kori Ellis
06-10-2005, 05:36 PM
Kori i said he blew off the press conference not the media altogether. He should have gone up there and owned up to the loss like other players do and he did not.

Only two players from each team are brought out for the press conference normally and they are selected by the team's media department.

mavsfan1000
06-10-2005, 05:39 PM
It should be Shaq and Wade.

Kori Ellis
06-10-2005, 06:31 PM
Who comes out depends on a lot of things. Sometimes the players are doing national interviews one-on-one in another room and not available at the time the press room is ready for them. Sometimes they are getting treatment. Sometimes they are still in the shower. Sometimes they just need to leave because family is waiting for them. I wouldn't judge much by the fact that Shaq wasn't at the press conference. If he hadn't even talked to anyone in the lockerroom or gave short bad answers ala Rasheed Walalce, then that would be something to talk about.

mavsfan1000
06-11-2005, 03:10 AM
I had to listen to him talk about how they are going to win the championship and he is the most dominant player in the league. He could at least give Detroit credit or say they played a better team. He sounded like Detroit stole it and Miami should've won. :pctoss

TMSKILZ
06-12-2005, 06:08 AM
I never liked him since the day he started ripping DROB in the media in his Orlando & then Faker playing days.

mavsfan1000
06-12-2005, 01:50 PM
The way the press talks about Shaq that everyone likes him and whatever he says is funny. They also act like Shaq is the good guy and Kobe is the bad guy which is so lame.

Vashner
06-12-2005, 11:03 PM
Question from reporter: Did all those show off dunks ruin your abs and stuff right?
Shaq: No comment...