PDA

View Full Version : Hollins looking smug

Calispursfan11
04-27-2011, 10:57 PM
In the press conference he was smiling and joking around after the loss. He plays it cool, but there is an unsettling cocky look on his face that totally bothers me. Am I alone in this?

mexicanjunior
04-27-2011, 10:59 PM
His oversmile was unsettling...hopefully it was just an act and he is hurting inside...

SpurOutofTownFan
04-27-2011, 10:59 PM
randolph being cocky with his finger to the mouth was ridiculous - telling the crown to shut up

ajballer4
04-27-2011, 11:00 PM
I hate that guy. And randolph. And especially Haddadi. Sit the fuck down

SpurOutofTownFan
04-27-2011, 11:01 PM
lol haddadi played 1 second LOL

Marcus Bryant

pjjrfan
He looked worried there the last few minutes of regulation. No smugness there.

Calispursfan11
randolph being cocky with his finger to the mouth was ridiculous - telling the crown to shut up

The disparity between Randolph's unathletic body/face and his apparent awesomeness is also unsettling - like he's an average albeit very tall joe six pack with superhuman abilities. What foul sorcery is this?

Uriel
04-27-2011, 11:02 PM
Where can I watch the press conference online?

SpurOutofTownFan
The disparity between Randolph's unathletic body/face and his apparent awesomeness is also unsettling - like he's an average albeit very tall joe six pack with superhuman abilities. What foul sorcery is this?

man im cracking up right now

TacoCabanaFajitas
He looks like an Isley

gospursgojas
That attitude won them 3 games. Spurs need to overcome it like they did tonight.

SpurOutofTownFan
Where can I watch the press conference online?

nba.com

Reck
04-27-2011, 11:03 PM
Who knows, maybe someone made a joke?

Either way, if I'm Hollins, I would be in a good mood. His team only needs 1 win while the Spurs need two so yeah I would be smiling too.

SpurOutofTownFan
04-27-2011, 11:03 PM
im sure this was a heartbreaker for them - this isn't the way you lose a game up 3-1

i think it was a better loss for them just being blown out

Mugen
04-27-2011, 11:04 PM
what did you guys want him to do? Act depressed and beaten?

Memphis plays better when they are chock full of swag. They get it from their coach. He did what he thinks his team needed to see from him...

Let it slide SpurFan.

HarlemHeat37
04-27-2011, 11:04 PM
His team is the 8th seed and they're unexpectedly up 3-2, going back for a home game..he has plenty of reasons to be happy..

wunderkindepiphany
04-27-2011, 11:05 PM

LOL, what? Randolph is super athletic. He was a handful for McDyess all night.

ElNono
04-27-2011, 11:09 PM
He tanked to get the Spurs, they're 3-2 going to close the series at home... he might be cocky and smug, but he's onto something...

Calispursfan11
04-27-2011, 11:09 PM
LOL, what? Randolph is super athletic. He was a handful for McDyess all night.

Yes, he is pretty athletic, but his face looks like a dude who lives on Cheetos and 7-11 Super Gulps and his body is really weird looking - not buff or cut etc... So what I'm saying is his abilities are far greater than what he looks like he can actually accomplish. This can only be the result of a pact with Satan.

roycrikside
04-27-2011, 11:10 PM
Why shouldn't he be smug? He knows they should've won tonight and it took a miracle for us to pull it out. He knows he's got the tougher, more consistent team with more guys playing well. Manu pretty much said the same thing in his presser. The Spurs' "experience" means nothing so far. The Grizzlies are playing with more aggressiveness and edge. Manu's words.

If Hollins is smug it's because there is absolutely nothing that happened today, NOTHING at all, that suggest Grizzlies won't win Game 6, and probably easily. The Spurs role/bench players have an annoying habit of shriveling up and going soft on the road, and Duncan is capable of at best 1 good quarter per game. Winning Game 6 would be a pretty big upset for us, tbh.

Capt Bringdown
04-27-2011, 11:11 PM
He tanked to get us, his disrespect is a matter of record.
Spurs need to get nasty now.

Trainwreck2100
04-27-2011, 11:11 PM
lol he tanked to get the spurs and called out Duncan before the series. And the Spurs response was to go down 3-1 so of course he's smug. The Spurs haven't given him reason not to be

Calispursfan11
04-27-2011, 11:12 PM

What an arse.

Marcus Bryant
04-27-2011, 11:12 PM
Doesn't mean jack, armchair psychologists.

Calispursfan11
04-27-2011, 11:15 PM
im sure this was a heartbreaker for them - this isn't the way you lose a game up 3-1

i think it was a better loss for them just being blown out

Hope you're right!

NewJerSpur
04-27-2011, 11:15 PM

And wipe that "Wait 'til they get a load of me Joker-like" smile off his face.......1 time.

Budkin
04-27-2011, 11:16 PM
Goddamn I hope we win this series.

Calispursfan11
04-27-2011, 11:16 PM
And wipe that "Wait 'til they get a load of me Joker-like" smile off his face.......1 time.

Time to smack that smile in the mouth!

bigfan
04-27-2011, 11:17 PM
I wish one of our pine-riders would have cold-cocked Randolf when he did that shush thing.

Calispursfan11
04-27-2011, 11:19 PM
I wish one of our pine-riders would have cold-cocked Randolf when he did that shush thing.

Agree and I was about to clock the homer Grizz announcers for continually referring to him as Z-BO. I'm going to call him D-BO from now on as in Dough-Boy.

Obstructed_View
04-27-2011, 11:20 PM
Hollins thinks he's a genius. He sat his players to get the Spurs, and the Spurs have completely lost themselves for the playoffs and he doesn't realize that he has nothing to do with it. The Spurs very well may let him off the hook for that mistake, which is why he's smiling.

The Spurs probably need to play the disrespect card at some point and get themselves going.

NewJerSpur
04-27-2011, 11:21 PM
Time to smack that smile in the mouth!

Would be nice. :toast

Calispursfan11
04-27-2011, 11:22 PM
Hollins thinks he's a genius. He sat his players to get the Spurs, and the Spurs have completely lost themselves for the playoffs and he doesn't realize that he has nothing to do with it. The Spurs very well may let him off the hook for that mistake, which is why he's smiling.

The Spurs probably need to play the disrespect card at some point and get themselves going.

I agree it's time to stop respecting these little punks, but that's one of the Spurs' few flaws - they are TOO nice.

Pauleta14
04-27-2011, 11:27 PM
As much respect I have for their team and hustle, I HATE THEIR COCKINESS!!!

Not only Hollins or ZBo, the whole team...

gospursgojas
04-27-2011, 11:30 PM

This X100. Pop needs to sit the spurs down now and explain all this to them and light a fire on the spurs ass in memphis

Obstructed_View
04-27-2011, 11:33 PM
As much respect I have for their team and hustle, I HATE THEIR COCKINESS!!!

Not only Hollins or ZBo, the whole team...

It's really the Spurs' fault for giving a young team confidence by playing so poorly.

Pauleta14
04-27-2011, 11:34 PM

this.

++SaiNt TiAg0++
04-27-2011, 11:34 PM
Yes, he is pretty athletic, but his face looks like a dude who lives on Cheetos and 7-11 Super Gulps and his body is really weird looking - not buff or cut etc... So what I'm saying is his abilities are far greater than what he looks like he can actually accomplish. This can only be the result of a pact with Satan.

i know what your saying he definitely looks like his mom was a crackhead whore who gave birth to a preemie baby (randolf) like he has a barrel chest and a fucked up deformity around his neck or jaw right??? shit i dont feel bad for that asshole i used to see these kind of babys all the time and he looks like hes got birth defects :wakeup

hes one ugly mofo

lefty
04-27-2011, 11:35 PM
http://i.imgur.com/geLMt.gif

NewJerSpur
04-27-2011, 11:35 PM
It's really the Spurs' fault for giving a young team confidence by playing so poorly.

The start of the 4th quarter was a microcosm of this entire series in how Memphis has punkd the Spurs.....hopefully the final minutes and OT changes that around.

ALVAREZ6
04-27-2011, 11:36 PM
who cares....let him be smug, the more lax he is, the less ready he will have his team for the choo-choo that's gonna arrive ready to play on friday.

SpurOutofTownFan
04-27-2011, 11:37 PM
Next game has to be like the Spurs/Suns series. Remember cheap shot rob... well, the spurs have to show some claws now and play for their lives in their home court. Someone needs to break some nails

Thompson
04-27-2011, 11:37 PM
He looks like an Isley

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQL7d8WeGUse5leI_W00krXHf_gfmO9u wRn1pgbjtRz8Lf6ABOSnw
http://www.whatacharacter.com/p-s/p1201999.JPG

Calispursfan11
04-27-2011, 11:38 PM
i know what your saying he definitely looks like his mom was a crackhead whore who gave birth to a preemie baby (randolf) like he has a barrel chest and a fucked up deformity around his neck or jaw right??? shit i dont feel bad for that asshole i used to see these kind of babys all the time and he looks like hes got birth defects :wakeup

hes one ugly mofo

Could star in a creature sci-fi action/horror flick where marines sent in to investigate the situation get killed off one by one. He would be the creature who kills them off.

ElNono
04-27-2011, 11:39 PM
Doesn't mean jack, armchair psychologists.

Tell me, were you this confrontational as a child? :wakeup

Capt Bringdown
04-27-2011, 11:43 PM
The start of the 4th quarter was a microcosm of this entire series in how Memphis has punkd the Spurs.....hopefully the final minutes and OT changes that around.

Spurs have approached this series with rounded shoulders and downcast eyes from the get-go. Memphis has looked like the crafty hardened veterans, not us. Here's to hoping the Spurs have finally lifted their heads after Neal's courageous shot.

NewJerSpur
04-27-2011, 11:47 PM
Spurs have approached this series with rounded shoulders and downcast eyes from the get-go. Memphis has looked like the crafty hardened veterans, not us. Here's to hoping the Spurs have finally lifted their heads after Neal's courageous shot.

Well said.

Calispursfan11
04-27-2011, 11:48 PM
This is what I'm talking about Spurs. Wipe this

http://media.commercialappeal.com/media/img/photos/2010/05/13/jwhollins2_t607.JPG

off their smug punka$$ faces!

san antonio spurs
04-28-2011, 12:01 AM
Why do spurs fans assume the spurs might just turn it on? They are over matched. If they win, it would have more to do with the Grizzlies playing poorly than the spurs overplaying them.

Obstructed_View
04-28-2011, 12:06 AM
Why do spurs fans assume the spurs might just turn it on? They are over matched. If they win, it would have more to do with the Grizzlies playing poorly than the spurs overplaying them.

The sleepwalking Spurs are almost overmatched, it's true.

So far in this series the Grizzlies have played five good games and the Spurs have played zero good games. It's 3-2. I'll leave it to you to do the math.

VinnyTestesVerde
04-28-2011, 12:09 AM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQL7d8WeGUse5leI_W00krXHf_gfmO9u wRn1pgbjtRz8Lf6ABOSnw
http://www.whatacharacter.com/p-s/p1201999.JPG

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Spurs16212
04-28-2011, 12:26 AM
Why shouldn't he be smug? He knows they should've won tonight and it took a miracle for us to pull it out. He knows he's got the tougher, more consistent team with more guys playing well. Manu pretty much said the same thing in his presser. The Spurs' "experience" means nothing so far. The Grizzlies are playing with more aggressiveness and edge. Manu's words.

If Hollins is smug it's because there is absolutely nothing that happened today, NOTHING at all, that suggest Grizzlies won't win Game 6, and probably easily. The Spurs role/bench players have an annoying habit of shriveling up and going soft on the road, and Duncan is capable of at best 1 good quarter per game. Winning Game 6 would be a pretty big upset for us, tbh.

Well... Miracles have won us championships. Elliott's Memorial Day Miracle, we should have lost to Portland in 99 and Horry's shot in 05 against Detroit. Hollins should be concerned that his team failed to close out the Spurs when they had a chance. The pressure is clearly on Memphis to close it out on Friday because they do not want to return to San Antonio for a game 7.

Obstructed_View
04-28-2011, 12:32 AM
No Spurs team has won a championship without a little bit of luck. Perhaps the Spurs will realize that this was theirs and capitalize on it.

DJ Mbenga
04-28-2011, 12:43 AM
he has no reason to not be confident. this loss was luck. all the other games the grizz outplayed the spurs. he is playing with house fire. he can just tell his team we've outplayed them 5 times already. do it 1 more time

Capt Bringdown
04-28-2011, 12:49 AM
This is what I'm talking about Spurs. Wipe this

http://media.commercialappeal.com/media/img/photos/2010/05/13/jwhollins2_t607.JPG

off their smug punka$$ faces!

Veneers!

Calispursfan11
04-28-2011, 12:50 AM
Veneers!

They do look a bit suspect now that you mention it.

Capt Bringdown
04-28-2011, 12:57 AM
They do look a bit suspect now that you mention it.

Nobody makes it into middle age with pearly whites, nobody! :lol

DeadlyDynasty
04-28-2011, 12:59 AM
That's not smug...there's only one true smug coach in the NBA and we all know who that is :lol

NewJerSpur
04-28-2011, 01:01 AM
Nobody makes it into middle age with pearly whites, nobody! :lol

:lol

tmtcsc
04-28-2011, 01:06 AM

LOL ! He's a black Larry Bird.

Pauleta14
04-28-2011, 05:57 AM

No doubt about it!

They deserve what they got, I just think you have to respect your opponent, no matter win or lose...

You'll never see a spur act like ZBo after his last shot on regulation or Allen calling out Manu a faker, or Conley, Mayo and Holins always smilling like they don't give a fuck...

They are good enough to win without that.

As some poster said, Hollins thinks he's a genius, but as well as the grizz are playing, the spurs level is the main reason they are up 3-2...

If Tony or RJ or Bonner or Hill (...) was playing slightly better, they wouldn't look soo good... :bang:bang

Hoops Czar
04-28-2011, 06:09 AM
His oversmile was unsettling...hopefully it was just an act and he is hurting inside...

What, should Randolph be apologizing to the Spurs for hitting big shots and making clutch free throws down the stretch? They're up 3-2 heading home, why shouldn't he be happy?

mystargtr34
04-28-2011, 06:39 AM
he has no reason to not be confident. this loss was luck. all the other games the grizz outplayed the spurs. he is playing with house fire. he can just tell his team we've outplayed them 5 times already. do it 1 more time

This guy reminds me so much of ploto :lol.. Is it just me?

Venti Quattro
04-28-2011, 07:21 AM
Yes, he is pretty athletic, but his face looks like a dude who lives on Cheetos and 7-11 Super Gulps and his body is really weird looking - not buff or cut etc...

Where were you when he REALLY was that? He's now slimmed down with just the right balance of bulk and strength to push around defenders.

TheProfessor
04-28-2011, 08:35 AM
He's got a young team that just lost an emotional game. By smiling and staying loose at the press conference, he's conveying a "we got this" attitude and preventing some of the pressure from shifting to his players.

CGD
04-28-2011, 09:00 AM
What do you expect from him? He's not going to cry about it, and send to bad message to his team ahead of Game 6. I've been incredibly impressed by Hollins as a coach.

Spur-Addict
04-28-2011, 09:05 AM
He looks like an Isley

:lol