PDA

View Full Version : Stop hating on Dice.

4>0rings
04-28-2011, 01:10 AM
He goes to war with Zbo every time. There were plays where non-spur/basketball fans were asking me who was going at it with Zbo under the basket. There were plays I was amazed at where Dice brought his Detroit thug game into the paint and the refs let them play. Yeah his mid-range jumper is off, it's been off. His tip-ins, his war with Zach in the paint is finally paying off.

Dice isn't the major reason why the Spurs aren't competing on a high level night in and night out. Expect another hit and miss from the outside but also WW3 in the paint with him and Randolph game 6.
:flag:

gospursgojas
04-28-2011, 01:12 AM
Whos hating on Dice?

He played his ass off tonight. Not too mention some great tip is...one huge one in OT.

Obstructed_View
04-28-2011, 01:20 AM
He played his best game of the series tonight, but he still can't cover anyone. At least he can block out and has scored a few points.

TDMVPDPOY
04-28-2011, 01:58 AM
stupid thread title, no one has question his intensity so far in this series

4>0rings
04-28-2011, 02:03 AM
stupid thread title, no one has question his intensity so far in this series
BS, most everyone has called him out. Washed up, don't come back next year, etc.

TDMVPDPOY
04-28-2011, 02:09 AM
BS, most everyone has called him out. Washed up, don't come back next year, etc.

according to who?

this is his final season, we want him to go out with a bang

z0sa
04-28-2011, 02:16 AM
Dyess was beasting in the paint defensively. Watching him work his guts out and back up his "wussies" comment with 110% effort ... just amazing. As tough as it is to guard Randolph, he made him work for everything. And while both Randolph and McDyess will both wake up sore as fuck tomorrow, Randolph has an entire team on his shoulders in a couple nights; and Dyess will be waiting to knock him around some more.

GSH
04-28-2011, 02:18 AM
He played his best game of the series tonight, but he still can't cover anyone. At least he can block out and has scored a few points.

I'm feeling too good to start any arguments, but I'll tell you what I saw. McDyess denied Randolph the ball all night long. You could see the Griz trying to get the ball to him, but McDyess wasn't letting it happen. Randolph did get the ball some, and made some good shots. But I promise you there were a lot of shots that never happened because of McDyess. It was some pretty amazing footwork and stamina, even for someone younger.

That tip-in he made in OT absolutely saved our asses, because it kept the pressure on Memphis and made sure they were the first ones to blink. You may not put as much stock in momentum as I do, but I think that was THE turning point in OT.

I would hate for us to have been without him tonight. And there may be a few players who could have done a better job on Randolph, but the list isn't very long.

4>0rings
04-28-2011, 02:30 AM
according to who?

this is his final season, we want him to go out with a bang
Do your own research, there's plenty.

Capt Bringdown
04-28-2011, 03:06 AM
Love it when he's moving and rebounding well and tossing in putbacks, but when putting up weak-sauce jumpers and letting Randolph rip through him like shit through a goose, not so much.
No one ever questioned his good intentions, however the fact that this Methuselah is a starting "big" man on our squad is part of the problem, not the solution.

Proxy
04-28-2011, 03:12 AM
Dice was great tonight.... he wouldn't have to work so hard if he did a better job on preventing Randolph from getting deep positioning.... easy to say though.... regardless, he did great today. Wouldn't have won without him.

Capt Bringdown
04-28-2011, 03:16 AM
Wouldn't have won without him.
Agreed. Still don't want him back next year, though.

G-Dawgg
04-28-2011, 05:25 AM
McDyess is old but he's a fuckin gladiator... without him we'd be DONE already. Put down your pitchers of MGD and sober up fuck.....

jimo2305
04-28-2011, 05:37 AM
i never questioned mcdyess all season..

however after the calling out of the team and all the chi he played with tonight.. my respect for him went up even more

Hoops Czar
04-28-2011, 05:38 AM

Duncan 4

Dice 0

P.S. Find me a post where somebody said don't come back next year.

Dice
04-28-2011, 06:59 AM

I'd like to know who the f#ck is guarding their man on the team? Which guy is locking down their man?

And who, in the whole f#ckin NBA, comes in and shuts Z-bo down?

pad300
04-28-2011, 08:59 AM
I'd like to know who the f#ck is guarding their man on the team? Which guy is locking down their man?

I'm not sure that anyone is. Which is the problem...

Dave Stern, obviously...:p:

Obstructed_View
04-28-2011, 09:00 AM
I'm feeling too good to start any arguments, but I'll tell you what I saw. McDyess denied Randolph the ball all night long. You could see the Griz trying to get the ball to him, but McDyess wasn't letting it happen. Randolph did get the ball some, and made some good shots. But I promise you there were a lot of shots that never happened because of McDyess. It was some pretty amazing footwork and stamina, even for someone younger.
I guess there's just no way to prevent him from scoring 26 points, 18 in the fourth quarter and overtime. I said 18 in the fourth quarter and overtime.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/slideshows/552/slideshow_55298/display_image.jpg

Dice
04-28-2011, 09:32 AM
I guess there's just no way to prevent him from scoring 26 points, 18 in the fourth quarter and overtime. I said 18 in the fourth quarter and overtime.

How many of those 18 points were scored while Bonner was in the game?
And I mean the Z-bo that only averages 20 points a game. Not the other one that usually only scores 10.

Randolf got 4 of those points on intentional fouls and another 4 on putbacks.

And Tim Duncan can't even stop all-star Marc Gasol.

Also who was guarding all-stars Sam Young and Mike Conley who scored 18 and 20?

Obstructed_View
04-28-2011, 10:02 AM
And I mean the Z-bo that only averages 20 points a game. Not the other one that usually only scores 10.

Randolf got 4 of those points on intentional fouls and another 4 on putbacks.

And Tim Duncan can't even stop all-star Marc Gasol.

Also who was guarding all-stars Sam Young and Mike Conley who scored 18 and 20?
If you want to blame Bonner for Dice's inability to cover Randolph or Gasol, be my guest. If Bonner's taking threes he's neck and neck with Dice in terms of value. Dice makes some great energy plays which helps the team psychologically, even if it's a wash points wise.

Duncan shouldn't be on Gasol, he should be on Randolph, who he routinely stuffs and frustrates. Dice should be covering people for a few minutes at a stretch so he can be active and frustrating. Splitter's the only one with a prayer of covering Gasol.

MaNu4Tres
04-28-2011, 10:05 AM
Dyess played with a lot of heart last night and was effective defensively most of the time.

Two things that still bothered me though:

1) Dyess is playing too many minutes to stay consistently effective possession by possession. The more he plays, the shorter his jumper falls, and the less consistently effective he is on the defensive end. Thirty-two minutes is too many for Dyess at this stage of his career. Splitter should have some of his and some of Bonner's minutes ( I believe Bonner and McDyess are playing a little too much; IMO Splitter should be seeing 20-25 minutes.)

2) The other thing that really bothered me was the possession where Randolph put the Grizzlies up 3 after the long jumper at the end of the 4th. McDyess was on Randolph and as the clock went down to 4 then to 3, Randolph jab stepped to his left (with 2 on the clock; 20 feet from the hoop) and McDyess bit on the jab step, giving Randolph plenty of room to get a clean look from 20 feet. McDyess should NEVER bite on that jap step with two seconds on the clock, from twenty feet out. McDyess has to be smarter than that and realize the situation. There was no time for Randolph to put it on the floor, McDyess should have been in his shorts, draped all over him contesting that jumper. Maybe fatigue set in and effected his mentality on this possession? I don't know. But he has to be better than that.

All in all, Spurs won't get very far relying on 36 year-old McDyess 30-32 minutes a night. His role needs to be more limited.

Obstructed_View
04-28-2011, 10:08 AM

According to the play by play, it looks like 8 of them were when Bonner was in the game. Don't know if Splitter was guarding him for any of those, but let's assume he wasn't. Dice only gave up 2 more points than Bonner did. Happy now?

Dice
04-28-2011, 12:26 PM
According to the play by play, it looks like 8 of them were when Bonner was in the game. Don't know if Splitter was guarding him for any of those, but let's assume he wasn't. Dice only gave up 2 more points than Bonner did. Happy now?

I'm happy with the win. I'm happy with how McDyess played. I'm sick of people downing him like he's some clown that almost single handly lost the game for us. What the f#ck do you guys expect of him? All season long if he doesn't shut down some f#cking all-star PF from the other team he's old and washed up. IMO he's played pretty damn good this season and has been big in a lot of games including this one. He's not one of the big three. He's not even in the top five of scoring options. What the hell did you people expect? And how bout instead of blaming old Dice for getting scored on, we look at ALL the guys who are getting scored on. Thank god it was Tim Duncan that missed that dunk.

take your homer goggles off do you realize dice almost threw the game away with a horrible inbounds pass ......

And you can suck a d!ck. All of your comments sound like a child wrote them and are always anti-McDyess. How's your Laker team doing RocketfanYAO?

4>0rings
04-28-2011, 12:46 PM
P.S. Find me a post where somebody said don't come back next year.
You go find them, there are tons.

4>0rings
04-28-2011, 12:49 PM
take your homer goggles off do you realize dice almost threw the game away with a horrible inbounds pass ......
lol @ almost

Dex
04-28-2011, 12:50 PM
How about that pick that Dice laid on Memphis (I think it was Battier or Allen). Downright leveled the fool. Was lucky not to get called for it as he kinda leaned into it, but that was a good, old fashioned playoff foul right there!

Obstructed_View
04-28-2011, 01:15 PM
Happy for Dice's energy. Happy for his tip in. I suppose in retrospect I'm happy for his TWO horrible passes in a row that led to Manu's 2.49 pointer.

Dice
04-28-2011, 01:27 PM
Happy for Dice's energy. Happy for his tip in. I suppose in retrospect I'm happy for his TWO horrible passes in a row that led to Manu's 2.49 pointer.

Well at least we agree on something.