PDA

View Full Version : Never have I seen such whiney pussies.

Jimcs50
04-28-2011, 08:21 AM
:lol

I just read the game 5 blog and could not believe the flopping of Spurs fans.

(1st Q and part of 2nd) the Spurs have balls, everyone is great, they are showing heart, Manu is the king of the world....so on and so forth.

Then the Spurs are the worst playoff team in the history of the NBA, they all need to be traded next year, the coach needs to be shot, or he needs to retire along with TD, RJ, Manu and Dice.

I even read that Tim Duncan is now a second string PF and the poster would start Eric Dampier over TD, after TD missed that little shot right under the basket in 4th Q. :lol

Then Spurs score 7 points in last 14 seconds, with Neal's 3 pointer sending game in OT. and all of the sudden, the Spurs are all great again, life is good, Pop and TD are wonderful again. :p:

In OT, all the posters are back on TP's nuts again, like he is the greatest pointguard in the NBA again.

If anyone has not read that blog, I highly suggest you do, it is the funniest shit ever.

:lmao

spursfan09
04-28-2011, 08:24 AM
Doesn't get much bipolar than us.

Psychiatric students could come here and do case studies on us.

mouse
04-28-2011, 08:33 AM
There is no such thing as a "real" Spurs fan.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-28-2011, 08:34 AM
Tim Duncan was getting nowhere in the post against Marc Gasol. Gasol has his number and its the number one reason why Memphis is a nightmare matchup for us.

Jimcs50
04-28-2011, 08:49 AM
Tim Duncan was getting nowhere in the post against Marc Gasol. Gasol has his number and its the number one reason why Memphis is a nightmare matchup for us.

Oh, that is why you would start Eric Dampier over TD.......

You do know that Dampier's nickname is Erica?

SpurOutofTownFan
04-28-2011, 08:52 AM
Winning!

alamo50
04-28-2011, 08:53 AM

I beg to differ.

Spur-Addict
04-28-2011, 08:54 AM

He dropped 11 in the first. When they looked at him later in the game, he never got a repost after being pushed out several feet multiple times by Gasol. If you look at Randolphs post ups, often he gets reposts because McDyess pushes him out.

Now, it's hard for Timmy to work from so far out because the Memphis perimeter players close so fast. Because they close so fast, and he's so far out, Gasol can crowd him when fouls are not of importance. He has to get the ball deeper. Granted, he isn't the same Tim from years past, but he's still effective. How often do you see Gasol posting up 17 feet out? Exactly.

There are many reasons why this is a tough matchup, I wouldn't solely put it here because Tim can be effective in the post.

Jimcs50
04-28-2011, 09:00 AM
I beg to differ.

:toast

We fans might be disappointed in every loss or after a season ends in a loss, but I promise you, it hurts a lot more to the Spur players, a hell of a lot more. This is their life, not a hobby or a pastime, they are all trying to win, believe me.

Had Neal not made that shot, he would have felt a lot worse than any of us and probably thought about it for months.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-28-2011, 09:01 AM
Oh, that is why you would start Eric Dampier over TD.......

You do know that Dampier's nickname is Erica?

Thats not what I said dimwit. I do not even post in the game threads because i watch the game with friends.

Read my post one more time and try again.

Jimcs50
04-28-2011, 09:04 AM
Thats not what I said dimwit. I do not even post in the game threads because i watch the game with friends.

Read my post one more time and try again.

I know it was not you. By me saying you, I meant the guy that posted that.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-28-2011, 09:04 AM
He dropped 11 in the first. When they looked at him later in the game, he never got a repost after being pushed out several feet multiple times by Gasol. If you look at Randolphs post ups, often he gets reposts because McDyess pushes him out.

Now, it's hard for Timmy to work from so far out because the Memphis perimeter players close so fast. Because they close so fast, and he's so far out, Gasol can crowd him when fouls are not of importance. He has to get the ball deeper. Granted, he isn't the same Tim from years past, but he's still effective. How often do you see Gasol posting up 17 feet out? Exactly.

There are many reasons why this is a tough matchup, I wouldn't solely put it here because Tim can be effective in the post.

Sure he can but when he posts from the right block he always goes back to the right hand now when he spis to the middle and back into the defender.

its a tough shot to get off especially when you are dealing with someone with Gasol's length.

He was shooting jumpers in the first quarter. They tried to post him later and it was not working.

Randolph got most of his points off jumpers and putbacks. McDyess was giving him nothing in the paint repost or not.

Obstructed_View
04-28-2011, 09:06 AM
A "real" Spurs fan publicly shits on other "fans" after the fact. That makes him a "man", too.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-28-2011, 09:06 AM
I know it was not you. By me saying you, I meant the guy that posted that.

:lol then please forgive the dimwit thing.

Jimcs50
04-28-2011, 09:08 AM
A "real" Spurs fan publicly shits on other "fans" after the fact. That makes him a "man", too.

Yeah, fuck tlong!!!! Fucker comes in in blog right after zach makes that shot over Dice with 30 some secs left.

Why does tlong want to root for Randolph? Just because he once played on Blazers??? Fuck you tlong!!!!

Jimcs50
04-28-2011, 09:09 AM
:lol then please forgive the dimwit thing.

you're forgiven.

Obstructed_View
04-28-2011, 09:10 AM
Ironical.

polandprzem
04-28-2011, 09:17 AM
what a noob

Spur-Addict
04-28-2011, 09:17 AM
Sure he can but when he posts from the right block he always goes back to the right hand now when he spis to the middle and back into the defender.

its a tough shot to get off especially when you are dealing with someone with Gasol's length.He was shooting jumpers in the first quarter. They tried to post him later and it was not working.

Randolph got most of his points off jumpers and putbacks. McDyess was giving him nothing in the paint repost or not.

He had no shot at getting at that move you speak of because of positioning.

Go back if you can, and see how many reposts Randolph received. I cannot access the game footage, but I remember on several occasions he got reposts to get deeper position.

You act as if Tim has one move. Tim has many moves even if he's 35.

And even if Randolph got a lot of his points from boards and jumpers, check the amount of assists he had. I think he had around 6-7 assists which is probably the highest on the team if you recall the amount of scoring Mike Conley was doing. Getting post position is as much about ball distribution as it is scoring. They naturally go together.

There's no way Tim is going to be a ball distribution threat when he's getting post ups that far out. He needs a guard to repost him so he can get better positioning.

What happens is, they post him, then cut through right away. They need to adjust to repost because of where he gets the ball. You will not see Gasol trying to post, or drive from that far out. Randolph has shot jumpers on several occasions from that deep, but that's not really Timmys game at this point. He prefers a proper angle. He must get better positioning.

ManuBalboa
04-28-2011, 09:19 AM
Is there any bigger douchebag in sports fandom then the guy who questions the fandom of others.

Texas_Ranger
04-28-2011, 09:23 AM
I did say that Bonner sucks all the time.

Jimcs50
04-28-2011, 09:23 AM
Is there any bigger douchebag in sports fandom then the guy who questions the fandom of others.

Not questioning the fandom, asshole, just laughed my ass off reading the Dr Jekyll and My Hyde personalities of our posters in the blog...fucking hilarious.

ohmwrecker
04-28-2011, 09:24 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/icons/blackaward.gif . . . and as shitty a poster as they come.

Jimcs50
04-28-2011, 09:27 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/icons/blackaward.gif . . . and as shitty a poster as they come.

Well, not doing this for a living, so I can live with being a shitty poster.

:p:

Spur-Addict
04-28-2011, 09:27 AM
Also, Tim is using a lot of energy fighting down there. That's why he needs a bunch of looks in the 1st, and the 3rd.

will_spurs
04-28-2011, 09:43 AM
Not questioning the fandom, asshole, just laughed my ass off reading the Dr Jekyll and My Hyde personalities of our posters in the blog...fucking hilarious.

It has nothing to do with Jekyll and Hyde personality, and everything to do with immediate reaction to what happens. People use this thread to vent and make instant observations about the game, often taking things a bit to the extreme. If Hill misses a few rotations on D and takes a boneheaded shot or has a bad pass, people won't say "come on Hill" they will say "OMFG Hill gtfo" or "I hope Hill never plays for the Spurs ever again" or "please trade Hill asap". Five minutes later he will have a nice lay-up in clutch time and people will go "OMFG Hill best ever" and "this guy should be making the All-NBA 1st team".

This is exactly why I love the game threads. For more thought out reactions there are other threads, usually on the following day. Don't mistake one for the other, it would be like saying Bonner is a center or Hill is a PG.

Fireball
04-28-2011, 11:13 AM
I can do as much reverse jinxing as I would like to do ... if it supports humor in this forum so be it

rascal
04-28-2011, 11:20 AM

We fans might be disappointed in every loss or after a season ends in a loss, but I promise you, it hurts a lot more to the Spur players, a hell of a lot more. This is their life, not a hobby or a pastime, they are all trying to win, believe me.

Had Neal not made that shot, he would have felt a lot worse than any of us and probably thought about it for months.

They are getting paid the fans are not.

Jimcs50
04-28-2011, 11:54 AM
They are getting paid the fans are not.

Dude, there are 300 some odd players being paid who have never sniffed a title, just because you are being paid does not mean that you can perform to the best of your ability every single time. I think we Spurs fans really have nothing to complain about.

1. Spurs have 3rd most wins all time

2. Spurs have 3rd highest winning percentage all time

3. Spurs have 3rd most division titles all time (17)

4. Their coach has 2nd highest winning percentage all time

5. 4th most titles won since they came into league

6. Have the NBA record for most consecutive 50 win seasons (12, If not for strike shortened season, would be 14)

So, please forgive me if I do not totally get suicidal if the Spurs do not win every playoff series.:p:

There are 26 teams in the league that would gladly trade franchises with SA, the past 34 years....right?

LnGrrrR
04-28-2011, 12:10 PM
I saw a ton of Spurfans conceding the series when you guys were down four with a few minutes left. Ridiculous.

DMC
04-28-2011, 12:12 PM
There are different types of fans (I made a thread about this a few months ago). Some fans stand behind the current team regardless of the outcome. Some stand behind the franchise and feel that players and coaches are interchangeable parts, and they want these parts replaced if the franchise race car isn't performing as well as it should. There are others, but these two seem to be the ones who are being discussed here. Both are fans, they just have different ways of getting to the same place. Many don't care that the Spurs might have totally different players, as long as they win. Others want the current core players to have very successful careers with this team, like a family environment. The acquisitions and bench help them get there, but those guys are still interchangeable.

So, I don't think any of the people being mentioned qualify as not "real" fans. They just have a different outlook.

Budkin
04-28-2011, 12:14 PM
It's always like that, you should know that. Emotional rollercoaster, especially with the season on the line.

DMC
04-28-2011, 12:16 PM
Dude, there are 300 some odd players being paid who have never sniffed a title, just because you are being paid does not mean that you can perform to the best of your ability every single time. I think we Spurs fans really have nothing to complain about.

1. Spurs have 3rd most wins all time

2. Spurs have 3rd highest winning percentage all time

3. Spurs have 3rd most division titles all time (17)

4. Their coach has 2nd highest winning percentage all time

5. 4th most titles won since they came into league

6. Have the NBA record for most consecutive 50 win seasons (12, If not for strike shortened season, would be 14)

So, please forgive me if I do not totally get suicidal if the Spurs do not win every playoff series.:p:

There are 26 teams in the league that would gladly trade franchises with SA, the past 34 years....right?

This is exactly how I feel.

I set a goal early on, and last year it was to get past the 1st round. We did, I was happy.

This year it was to have a good season, for Tim to not go out of the league on a losing team. We had a great season, and we are still in the playoffs so everything now is a bonus to me.

Low expectations? Not really. I could have been a fan of a team like LA or Boston after I got old enough to see that they have a ton of titles, but you like who you like. I like the Spurs.

Mav-elous Man
04-28-2011, 12:18 PM

(1st Q and part of 2nd) the Spurs have balls, everyone is great, they are showing heart, Manu is the king of the world....so on and so forth.

Then the Spurs are the worst playoff team in the history of the NBA, they all need to be traded next year, the coach needs to be shot, or he needs to retire along with TD, RJ, Manu and Dice.

I even read that Tim Duncan is now a second string PF and the poster would start Eric Dampier over TD, after TD missed that little shot right under the basket in 4th Q. :lol

Then Spurs score 7 points in last 14 seconds, with Neal's 3 pointer sending game in OT. and all of the sudden, the Spurs are all great again, life is good, Pop and TD are wonderful again. :p:

In OT, all the posters are back on TP's nuts again, like he is the greatest pointguard in the NBA again.

If anyone has not read that blog, I highly suggest you do, it is the funniest shit ever.

Isn't it funny how Spurs fans think they know more about their team than the 4 championship winning coach who is with them everyday at practice and has probably forgotten more basketball than they'll ever know?

Jimcs50
04-28-2011, 12:19 PM
There are different types of fans (I made a thread about this a few months ago). Some fans stand behind the current team regardless of the outcome. Some stand behind the franchise and feel that players and coaches are interchangeable parts, and they want these parts replaced if the franchise race car isn't performing as well as it should. There are others, but these two seem to be the ones who are being discussed here. Both are fans, they just have different ways of getting to the same place. Many don't care that the Spurs might have totally different players, as long as they win. Others want the current core players to have very successful careers with this team, like a family environment. The acquisitions and bench help them get there, but those guys are still interchangeable.

So, I don't think any of the people being mentioned qualify as not "real" fans. They just have a different outlook.

I agree. Time goes by, all out fav players eventually move on to retire or get traded or cut, but we remain steadfast in our love for the Silver and Black.

I thought I would never get over losing DRob to retirement, but I di and now I have to realize that Tim will soon leave us as well. Hopefully, we will get another franchise player that leads us back to the pinnacle of the NBA mountain, but until this team is dead and buried, I am holding out hope that we have one last title to celebrate.

I might sound holier than thou when I say that I will never call my favorite Spurs player an expletive, but that is just me. I know that when my teams fucks up and loses, they are not doing so on purpose, thay are trying to win, but sometimes, they just fall short.

Betsy
04-28-2011, 12:21 PM
They will win but win or lose I will always root for them to win and always will because I am a true fan. :flag:

ohmwrecker
04-28-2011, 12:27 PM
Complaining about negative comments in a game thread is like complaining about crowds at a concert. If you are going to participate, you just have to accept it.

Crazymaddopeyo
04-28-2011, 12:29 PM

You're kidding right? Go back and find something I've posted saying I hate the spurs, or anything negative for that matter. I was at that game last night and there was no doubt in my mind they would win.

I read this forum more than I post, because its where I get my spurs info. I try to skip over all the negative posts, which is becoming the majority here. Win or lose I'm still a Spurs fan, and if they do lose then they get to go back to their big houses, drink their wine, and take their vacation overseas.

easy7
04-28-2011, 12:31 PM
We live in a fast society, where the meaning of the term "what have you done for me lately" has gone from the last few months to the last few minutes...

Fireball
04-28-2011, 12:32 PM
Obviously the Grizzlies announcers think they have the real fans in their building ... or did I hear something wrong in last nights broadcast?

Obstructed_View
04-28-2011, 01:13 PM
Is it weird that Sean Elliott gets called out by everyone as a homer during the last NBA TV game, but Brevin Knight refers to the Grizzlies as "we" when he played about 100 games for them in the middle of his career? Must be confusing to listen to the broadcast when the Grizzlies play the Jazz.

LnGrrrR
04-28-2011, 01:23 PM

What about the fans who quit on a game and give up hope when they are within reach of a win?

Jimcs50
04-28-2011, 01:27 PM
What about the fans who quit on a game and give up hope when they are within reach of a win?

You mean the fns that leave ballparks, football stadiums and arenas before game ends because they give up, only to try to get back in after they get to their cars and hear the radio broadcast tell them that their team just made some plays to either get back into game or actually start to win?

ohmwrecker
04-28-2011, 01:29 PM

What about taking everyone so seriously in a tight playoff game thread on an internet basketball forum?

Jimcs50
04-28-2011, 01:32 PM
What about taking everyone so seriously in a tight playoff game thread on an internet basketball forum?

WTF takes anyone seriously? Did you even read my opening post???

Spurminator
04-28-2011, 01:39 PM
I think we should treat the Game Thread as an irrational emotion dump and not hold anything posted there against anyone. It happens. People say shit when they're pissed.

Post a dumb thread in the heat of the moment, though, and you're fair game.

rascal
04-28-2011, 01:39 PM

You do. That is your whole point of starting this in the first place.

ohmwrecker
04-28-2011, 01:44 PM

Was I talking to you?

ohmwrecker
04-28-2011, 01:45 PM
I think we should treat the Game Thread as an irrational emotion dump and not hold anything posted there against anyone. It happens. People say shit when they're pissed.

:tu

LnGrrrR
04-28-2011, 01:48 PM

Taking everyone so seriously? I'm just responding to what people write. I'm not psychic. If people write "This game is over" with four minutes left, I assume that they actually have given up emotionally and think it's over. I find that pretty dumb.

Now, if you're down by 25 pts with 2 minutes to go, sure, you can assume your team is knocked out. But down four with minutes to go?

LnGrrrR
04-28-2011, 01:50 PM
You mean the fns that leave ballparks, football stadiums and arenas before game ends because they give up, only to try to get back in after they get to their cars and hear the radio broadcast tell them that their team just made some plays to either get back into game or actually start to win?

Exactly. Those people are the ones telling their kids, "Remember that amazing comeback? I had tickets to that game! Sure, I didn't see it live because I left to beat traffic in the fourth quarter, but I listened to it live on my radio!"

cantthinkofanything
04-28-2011, 02:10 PM
Exactly. Those people are the ones telling their kids, "Remember that amazing comeback? I had tickets to that game! Sure, I didn't see it live because I left to beat traffic in the fourth quarter, but I listened to it live on my radio!"

or if they had to go see about a girl.

TE
04-28-2011, 02:12 PM

Nice.

DMC
They are still fans. I am a fan of Anthony Hopkins but some of his movies suck. That's just how it goes.

People have different levels of involvement. That doesn't make them less of a fan.

This reminds me of the "no true Scotsman" argument.

Jimcs50
You do. That is your whole point of starting this in the first place.

You obviously missed the point of the thread.

I was laughing my ass off reading the whole thread. Go ahead and read it for yourself. I think it should be enshrined the the Spurstalk Hall of Fame.

Yes, most of those posters were being a bunch of whiney pussies, they will admit to it I would hope.

Any time I'm feeing down, I am going to reraed that thread, because it is funniest shit I've read in years.

LnGrrrR
04-28-2011, 02:15 PM
They are still fans. I am a fan of Anthony Hopkins but some of his movies suck. That's just how it goes.

People have different levels of involvement. That doesn't make them less of a fan.

This reminds me of the "no true Scotsman" argument.

I never invoked the "no true Scotsman" fallacy, because I never said that fans who quit halfway through a winnable game aren't "true" fans. I said I think they're sucky fans. There's a difference.

And I would argue that different levels of involvement would make someone more or less of a "fan", if you want to put "levels" to fandom. (If you consider it as a yes or no, black or white, "Are you a fan or not?", then obviously it makes no difference. But I'd argue someone who watches a game occasionally isn't as much of a fan as someone who gets league pass, buys merchandise, watches all the games, etc etc.)

LnGrrrR
04-28-2011, 02:17 PM
or if they had to go see about a girl.

If you end up marrying the woman you left the game for and spend your entire life with her, that's an acceptable excuse. :D

Jimcs50
04-28-2011, 02:20 PM
If you end up marrying the woman you left the game for and spend your entire life with her, that's an acceptable excuse. :D

Hell, if you just get to fuck the girl, that is an exceptable excuse.

DMC
04-28-2011, 02:37 PM
I never invoked the "no true Scotsman" fallacy, because I never said that fans who quit halfway through a winnable game aren't "true" fans. I said I think they're sucky fans. There's a difference.

By default you did. You were responding to my statement regarding "real" fans. When I said that they are still real fans, you asked "but what about..."

They are still real fans. They just aren't as involved as some other fans.

And I would argue that different levels of involvement would make someone more or less of a "fan", if you want to put "levels" to fandom. (If you consider it as a yes or no, black or white, "Are you a fan or not?", then obviously it makes no difference. But I'd argue someone who watches a game occasionally isn't as much of a fan as someone who gets league pass, buys merchandise, watches all the games, etc etc.)
More/less of a fan... that's all subjective. If you support the team and root for them to win, you are a fan. You don't have to have a TD Fathead on your wall and name your first born "Emmanuel Duncan Smith" if your last name is Smith, in order to be a Spurs fan.

Some believe only those who go to the games are fans and the rest of us are just spectators.

It's all the same. I don't care if someone else doesn't consider me a fan. I know what team I root for. I am a fan.

TampaDude
04-28-2011, 02:42 PM

Nope.

rayray2k8
04-28-2011, 02:44 PM
nope.

cheguevara
04-28-2011, 02:55 PM
I'm so ashamed of this team. Man

FU Manu, you over-rated moron. This guy has the basketball IQ of a flea.

lol man the spurs are such pussies. Thats why memphis is winning this series.. They have balls and the spurs are pussies.

Alright Timvp, start your write up for the year and how great it was to win 4 rings to calm this board down. Fork, inserted.

Fitting this game ends with a blown Duncan layup...he is nothing more than a backup PF at this point...I might start Eric Dampier over him at this point.

Watching a franchise on their championship deathbed is surreal.

Spurs need a 4. No way they take this in OT.

Cessation
04-28-2011, 02:57 PM
It's obvious op is being a deuche. Nothing wrong with hating your team one moment and loving them the next during an emotional roller coaster like an playoff game.

LnGrrrR
04-28-2011, 03:00 PM
By default you did. You were responding to my statement regarding "real" fans. When I said that they are still real fans, you asked "but what about..."

They are still real fans. They just aren't as involved as some other fans.

I can understand the confusion; I wasn't very clear.

It's all the same. I don't care if someone else doesn't consider me a fan. I know what team I root for. I am a fan.

Sure. But if you say "It's OVER!!!!" down four with minutes left to go, then you're pretty weak-willed, in my opinion.

Then again, I tend to be optimistic. I don't sit well with Eeyore types.

LnGrrrR
04-28-2011, 03:00 PM
It's obvious op is being a deuche. Nothing wrong with hating your team one moment and loving them the next during an emotional roller coaster like an playoff game.

Hating your team =/= giving up on your team.

Jimcs50
04-28-2011, 03:08 PM

Kind of like the French in all the wars, I think.

mexicanjunior
04-28-2011, 03:14 PM

That was me and, in the 2nd half, he was playing about as soft as Erica ever has...thank goodness Manu and Neal bailed us out with miracle shots. His first half was great though, reminded me of the glory days with that sweet bank shot.

703 Spurz
04-28-2011, 03:18 PM

More proof that people are fucking simple minded fools who don't deserve any of the luxuries life has to offer them.

Spoiled ignoramuses!

Chomag
04-28-2011, 03:19 PM
The game thread is no different then going out and watching the game with a bunch of friends and, or with a bunch of fans at a bar. Allot of stupid things come out in the heat of the moment. I myself am guilty of this at times. Especially with the emotional level of a playoff game. It just comes with the territory when you are with a bunch of people that are passionate about their team.

I agree that a stupid thread made afterwards is fair game.

cheguevara
04-28-2011, 03:21 PM
OP must be anal as shit in real life

nothing wrong with cursing your players for fucking up during a game

LnGrrrR
04-28-2011, 03:24 PM
OP must be anal as shit in real life

nothing wrong with cursing your players for fucking up during a game

Cursing your players for messing up =/= quitting on your team.

TampaDude
04-28-2011, 03:28 PM
Cursing your players for messing up =/= quitting on your team.

^ truth

Being pissed off at shitty play by your team doesn't make you any less of a fan. In fact, it is your right...nay, your DUTY, as a fan to call out shitty play.

Jimcs50
04-28-2011, 03:35 PM
^ truth

Being pissed off at shitty play by your team doesn't make you any less of a fan. In fact, it is your right...nay, your DUTY, as a fan to call out shitty play.

Agree to disagree.

I think it is coach's duty, not fans.

We are supposed to cheer our team and boo other team, not boo our own team, IMO.

Quiet Strength
04-28-2011, 03:40 PM
"lol man the spurs are such pussies. Thats why memphis is winning this series.. They have balls and the spurs are pussies."

I stand by what I said. The only reason spurs are losing in this series is because they are playing too soft. If they would nut up and play how they are capable of playing then in my opinion memphis couldn't compete with them. I don't see that as whining. It's me saying what i believe is the truth but yup whatever i'm a fan and will always be one.

LnGrrrR
04-28-2011, 03:47 PM
Agree to disagree.

I think it is coach's duty, not fans.

We are supposed to cheer our team and boo other team, not boo our own team, IMO.

I don't mind calling out your own team when they don't play up to their potential. Now, if your team sucks and they're trying their best, but they just get blown out all the time, then there's no point in booing. But if you're a favorite, and guys aren't putting forth the effort? Then boo away.

I know other Bostonfans rip into Boston teams. I do often. But I don't quit on them while there's still a chance.

Jimcs50
04-28-2011, 03:49 PM
"lol man the spurs are such pussies. Thats why memphis is winning this series.. They have balls and the spurs are pussies."

I stand by what I said. The only reason spurs are losing in this series is because they are playing too soft. If they would nut up and play how they are capable of playing then in my opinion memphis couldn't compete with them. I don't see that as whining. It's me saying what i believe is the truth but yup whatever i'm a fan and will always be one.

I think the soft Spurs are no longer in existence.

This game has awakened a sleeping giant.

Hoops Czar
04-28-2011, 03:52 PM

So, its no different than Spurstalk after a bad loss. Thanks for sharing.

TampaDude
04-28-2011, 03:53 PM
I don't mind calling out your own team when they don't play up to their potential. Now, if your team sucks and they're trying their best, but they just get blown out all the time, then there's no point in booing. But if you're a favorite, and guys aren't putting forth the effort? Then boo away.

^ the goods :toast