PDA

View Full Version : Shhhhhhhh !!!!

tmtcsc
04-28-2011, 08:53 AM
At least Randolph had to swallow his own taunting. This, from Marc Stein:

Yet in the overtime, Randolph (who also rung up 11 boards and six assists) could muster only a solemn nod at a fan behind the scorer's table who caught his attention with a yell and taunted him back with the same finger-to-lips gesture.

Jimcs50
04-28-2011, 08:54 AM
Wish we had him on our team. Dude is a monster.

tmtcsc
04-28-2011, 09:41 AM
Wish we had him on our team. Dude is a monster.

Remember when Duncan was better than him ? 2006 was the end of his greatness. His body rapidly declined after that. It's amazing how fast it happened. You can almost pinpoint the day.

He was playing pretty good basketball and then one game day (I forget who it was against), the knee didn't want to work and he was scratched from playing. Then came the bulky knee brace, less vertical lift and......pffft gone.. It was just like that.

Pretty sad but you won't hear him cry about it. Tons of $$, 4 rings will fix the self pity.

sa_butta
04-28-2011, 09:46 AM
I really thought we should have doubled him down the stretch, not neccesarily the whole game. But in the fourth he was destroying us in the paint. I hope we can at least slow him down in game 6.

tmtcsc
04-28-2011, 10:04 AM
I really thought we should have doubled him down the stretch, not neccesarily the whole game. But in the fourth he was destroying us in the paint. I hope we can at least slow him down in game 6.

Yeah, we HAVE to deny him the ball. The Grizzlies remind me of a bunch of David West's. You have to make them work for their points or they will kill you.

Of course, OKC will kill them in the next round if we lose to them.

Juggity
04-28-2011, 10:14 AM
That was the funniest shit when his stupid taunting came back to bite him in the fucking ass. Even if we win in Memphis, Spurs are too goddamn classy to engage in that kind of thuggery.

dunkman
04-28-2011, 11:22 AM
Remember when Duncan was better than him ? 2006 was the end of his greatness. His body rapidly declined after that. It's amazing how fast it happened. You can almost pinpoint the day.

He was playing pretty good basketball and then one game day (I forget who it was against), the knee didn't want to work and he was scratched from playing. Then came the bulky knee brace, less vertical lift and......pffft gone.. It was just like that.

Pretty sad but you won't hear him cry about it. Tons of $$, 4 rings will fix the self pity.

He slowed down after 2006. However, he would have been the playoffs MVP for the Spurs in 2007, Parker played really well in the finals and won the finals MVP, but the Cavs were shorthanded at PG. Duncan still had very solid production and also played great defense in the finals.

For the 2008-2010 playoffs he was still all-star caliber player. In 2008 the Spurs had to play game 1 against the Lakers after sleeping in the airport, Manu was visibly bothered by injuries and the Spurs didn't had answers for Odom. But Duncan did fine against Gasol. In 2009, Manu wasn't playing, Parker and Duncan played great but it wasn't enough against a very solid Mavs team. Still the Spurs avoided being swept. In 2010, the Suns clearly outplayed the Spurs in 4 straight games. Duncan struggled with P&R defense, he wasn't playing well from the all-star break.

This is the first time his offensive game has suffered, but this season the offense doesn't flow through him anyways.

k_nguyen93
04-28-2011, 03:18 PM
Wasn't 08 the year Brent Barry got screwed out of three free throws? I only casually followed the team back then but remember that they were only down two with Bones shooting like 90% from the line. Fisher got him and league admitted as much the day after.

crc21209
04-28-2011, 03:19 PM
:lol Jackass...

TampaDude
04-28-2011, 03:23 PM
Wasn't 08 the year Brent Barry got screwed out of three free throws? I only casually followed the team back then but remember that they were only down two with Bones shooting like 90% from the line. Fisher got him and league admitted as much the day after.

Yup...and guess who was the ref right there who refused to call such a blatant foul? None other than Joey Crawford. My hate for him was sealed forever at that moment. If Barry makes those FTs, the whole 2008 playoffs may have turned out much differently than it did. But, at least the Lakers lost in the Finals. :lol