PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Stat

TiMMeH*faN*frOmNY
04-28-2011, 10:38 AM
Found out via Espn the Spurs are 8-0 in the playoffs when Ginobli scores 30+. Im guessing he has to do that on Friday right?

Leetonidas
04-28-2011, 10:44 AM
Fairly meaningless stat. The Spurs were pretty damn close to losing and then his 30 points last night would have been meaningless. If Ginobili scores 30+ points it usually means he is shouldering the offensive load and the rest of our team isn't doing so well on that end. Then again, if he scores 30+ points, he's probably in Super Manu mode, which makes it very difficult to beat the Spurs.

TiMMeH*faN*frOmNY
04-28-2011, 10:49 AM
Ginobli is top 10 guards of all time...yeah i said it.. I predict a great game, but tony parker will be the 1 with the 30 point game, that OT definitely woke him up..i see timmy getting a dbl dbl again but no 20+ point game..Watching this whole series he hasnt been consistently scoring...he'll either have a good first half or second half or scub it all together (game 4). The choo choo train (oh yeah!) and red rocket (yikes!) need to step up..Hill played well down the stretch, but I wanna see Tiago more man...Pop open your fucking eyes son

K-State Spur
04-28-2011, 10:50 AM
nothing outlandish needs to occur for the spurs to win - just play better. our perimeter guys just need to hit some shots (40% 3 would be nice) and Memphis' shooters need to cool off a bit. coming into this series, i wanted possessions ending in sam young & mike conley jumpers - but they've worn us out.

it would also be nice if trick or treat tony had the trick version show up.

ohmwrecker
04-28-2011, 10:58 AM
Without looking it up, I'm pretty sure that the Spurs have won a few playoff games when Manu did not score 30+.

Leetonidas
04-28-2011, 11:05 AM
Ginobli is top 10 guards of all time...yeah i said it.. I predict a great game, but tony parker will be the 1 with the 30 point game, that OT definitely woke him up..i see timmy getting a dbl dbl again but no 20+ point game..Watching this whole series he hasnt been consistently scoring...he'll either have a good first half or second half or scub it all together (game 4). The choo choo train (oh yeah!) and red rocket (yikes!) need to step up..Hill played well down the stretch, but I wanna see Tiago more man...Pop open your fucking eyes son

Ginobili is my 2nd favorite player of all-time, but I don't know about top 10 all-time.

In no order:

Jordan
Kobe
Wade
Drexler
West
Gervin
McGrady
Miller
Dumars
Iverson

That's not even accounting for players I've never seen play at all like Maravich, Monroe, Greer, Jones, etc. Looking over it though, I think a case could be made for Ginobili being in the bottom half, maybe 9 or 10. Iverson was definitely more talented but he was selfish and not a winner, same thing McGrady as well as his laziness and injuries. Dumars was more talented as well, but Ginobili does so many intangibles and encompasses drive. You could say Ginobili has more drive/passion/heart/will than anyone outside of the top 2 though (and even that's questionable), I would agree with that.

Cry Havoc
04-28-2011, 11:12 AM
http://thehoopdoctors.com/online2/2010/11/top-10-nba-guards-of-all-time/

I can't see Manu making the top 10. Maybe top 15.z

I'd take Manu over Reggie though.