PDA

View Full Version : Pop is coming to his senses finally

Rummpd
04-28-2011, 02:16 PM
His rotations and end of game decisions have given hope and even though Spurs are down 2-3 = he has been the one finally playing Splitter more, and giving key end of game minutes to Hill and Neal. If he coaches well on F this is going to 7 games. Props to him (finally again) and all the Spurs (especially the erratic but supremely talented and clutch Manu and his balsy sidekick, Neal) for one of the guttiest comebacks of all time.

Cessation
04-28-2011, 02:18 PM
No Turd Towers, and spurs controlled most of the game. Who knew that was possible?

TE
04-28-2011, 02:19 PM
I think pop may have found his new favorite player.

igruex
04-28-2011, 02:20 PM
Nobody comes to his sense after being down 1-3. Winning this series would even make it worse because it would mean he could have done much different during the first 4 games.

cantthinkofanything
04-28-2011, 02:20 PM
His rotations and end of game decisions have given hope and even though Spurs are down 2-3 = he has been the one finally playing Splitter more, and giving key end of game minutes to Hill and Neal. If he coaches well on F this is going to 7 games. Props to him (finally again) and all the Spurs (especially the erratic but supremely talented and clutch Manu and his balsy sidekick, Neal) for one of the guttiest comebacks of all time.

I'm not willing to go that far. If he had given Splitter more minutes in the regular season, he would surely be in better game shape and able to make an even bigger impact. Possibly to the point of the Spurs having already won this series.

ChumpDumper
04-28-2011, 02:21 PM
He must've read your email.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-28-2011, 02:25 PM
I agree, but in typical Pop fashion, is it too little too late?

JamStone
04-28-2011, 02:49 PM
Neal should generally not be in for key end of the game minutes except for situations like last night as a three point threat. And even then, he shouldn't be a primary option. He made the shot and it was great for the Spurs and Spurs fans. But I don't put him in before Parker, Ginobili, or Hill. Unless you're running four guards, he shouldn't be in for key end of the game minutes. It was a Sundiata Gaines moment. The shot doesn't mean he's now a closer.

Nathan89
04-28-2011, 02:57 PM
Neal should generally not be in for key end of the game minutes except for situations like last night as a three point threat. And even then, he shouldn't be a primary option. He made the shot and it was great for the Spurs and Spurs fans. But I don't put him in before Parker, Ginobili, or Hill. Unless you're running four guards, he shouldn't be in for key end of the game minutes. It was a Sundiata Gaines moment. The shot doesn't mean he's now a closer.

Neal is clutch. If there is a 3pt shot to be taken at the end of the game it should be either Manu or Neal. The only reason not to play him at the end of the game is his defense.

Cessation
04-28-2011, 03:01 PM
Neal is a great option, he's still somewhat uknown to most teams, they expect manu to take the last shot.

TampaDude
04-28-2011, 03:06 PM
I'm not willing to go that far. If he had given Splitter more minutes in the regular season, he would surely be in better game shape and able to make an even bigger impact. Possibly to the point of the Spurs having already won this series.

^ truth

suitedkings
04-28-2011, 03:55 PM
Props to him for going going with his only move left to salvage the series?

FailureNotAnOption
04-28-2011, 03:58 PM
In my honest opinion, it appeared as though Pop may have actually underestimated the Grizzlies, especially their size advantage. Bizarre for the master of adjustments and gameplanning to do such a thing, but I'm presuming he believed they'd play more mentally erratic than they have been.

temujin
04-28-2011, 04:00 PM
Neal ha been clutch all his career.

More Splitter and neal in the 3rd.

enough with Bonner and jefferson, enough with losers.

redskinfan
04-28-2011, 04:18 PM

Chump is a troll?

spurspokesman
04-28-2011, 04:19 PM
Neal is clutch. If there is a 3pt shot to be taken at the end of the game it should be either Manu or Neal. The only reason not to play him at the end of the game is his defense.

This. He has the most heart next to manu in these situations

spurspokesman
04-28-2011, 04:20 PM

I've been saying this from the beginning of this series.

TDMVPDPOY
04-28-2011, 04:30 PM
players bailing out the coach...fck him

mingus
04-28-2011, 04:37 PM
If Spurs start off 3rd quarter bad again I think running a play for Neal to jumpstart the offense would b good. Spurs can't afford to let the tide turn like last game in Memphis. They literally lost the game in a 4-minute span.

alchemist
04-28-2011, 05:42 PM
players bailing out the coach...fck him
so that's why the players lost the lead? or was that Pop by himself.

When the Spurs lose = Pops fault
When they win = in spite of Pop

:lmao

silverblk mystix
04-28-2011, 05:52 PM
Chump is a troll.

fify

Hooks
04-28-2011, 06:09 PM
All Pop needs to do now is play Green or Anderson! He's limited Gasol/Z-Bo, but their guards/forwards are killing them. They're WAY too big for the Spurs, all they have to do is post them up and score with ease or shoot right over them. At least Anderson/Green would be able to hold their own or alter their shot.

silverblk mystix
04-28-2011, 06:12 PM
All Pop needs to do now is play Green or Anderson! He's limited Gasol/Z-Bo, but their guards/forwards are killing them. They're WAY too big for the Spurs, all they have to do is post them up and score with ease or shoot right over them. At least Anderson/Green would be able to hold their own or alter their shot.

I would much rather see Green guard Conley while TP rests...instead of hill...

Green is longer and more athletic and if he can mess up Conley's shot and confidence a little...the grizzlies would fold.

DO IT POP!

ChumpDumper
04-28-2011, 06:41 PM
Chump is a troll?I don't think that was part of the email.

nomanches
04-28-2011, 06:45 PM

http://i.imgur.com/iN3ms.gif

Isitjustme?
04-28-2011, 06:54 PM

A lot of playoff teams fortunes rise or fall on whether their role players/three point shooters hit 3s. I have more confidence in Neal now in that regard than either Hill, Bonner, or RJ.

20beastie45
04-28-2011, 06:55 PM
It looked like Tiago was a little upset that pop took him out of the game. IMO only because he wanted to be out there fighting with those big guys. If he has half of Manu competitive spirit, then he is going to be a great competitor against the big men of the NBA. But still needs to develop (thanks a lot POP)

Reminded me of Ginobili when he first got here. Pop would bench him and Manu would look frustrated because he wanted to get out there and compete.

Go Tiago

GO SPURS!!!!!!

pjjrfan
04-28-2011, 07:01 PM

This is key to chemistry. Splitter has done well but he has very little game experience, if anything, I think Splitter is relying on his euro experience in handling the time he is getting, but sooner or later it will catch up to him and the rest of the team. Both Manu and Tony gave Splitter the ball in bad spots in game 4, Manu did a better job in game 5, and you can tell that Splitter gets gassed. Better late than never I guess, but things would have been a lot smoother if he had just stayed in the rotation.

Rummpd
04-28-2011, 07:10 PM
I agree earlier would been better.

MavDynasty
04-28-2011, 07:30 PM
tbh even with the greatest adjustments of all time, Spurs had to rely on 2 bullshit shots in the final minute on their own home floor against the Memphis 8thseeded fucking Grizzlies :lmao

FailureNotAnOption
04-28-2011, 07:34 PM
tbh even with the greatest adjustments of all time, Spurs had to rely on 2 bullshit shots in the final minute on their own home floor against the Memphis 8thseeded fucking Grizzlies :lmao

Unlike you, I didn't find Pop's adjustments incredibly intuitive. They had been rather obviously needed since the start of the series, in my honest opinion.

pjjrfan
04-28-2011, 07:37 PM
I also wonder why Pop doesn't run more plays for Neal similiar to what the celtics run for Allen. The guy has a quick release and he can hit them. They do it on occasion but it's not something that they will run more than once or twice a game if at all. If Tony and Manu had made a decent effort to find this guy in the first 4 games he would have gotten into a monster rhythem by now and be a real thorn in the Grizzlies side. As it is I just think that in game 6 Tony and Manu are going to driblbe down the shot clock and wind up taking forced shots.

alchemist
04-28-2011, 07:50 PM
these grizz would literally pound the shit out of the Mavs. take it for what it's worth.

Whisky Dog
04-28-2011, 07:54 PM
Did Jamstone say Hill should get an end of game 3 before Neal? Rofl, besides the reverse layup in this game Hill has missed every dagger shot in the final minute he's ever taken. A couple of missed 3s this series that couldve given the Spurs a win, especially game 1 I believe.

rmt
04-28-2011, 08:38 PM
As far as in the clutch:

Free throws:
1. Manu
2. Hill
3. Neal

3s:
1. Neal
2. Manu
3. Hill (corner) or RJ (top of the arc)

For the remaining game(s):
More Splitter with Bonner or Dice (2nd unit) - pick and roll w/Manu
More Neal with plays for him off a screen
Hill - attack, attack, attack the basket

No Blair, as little Bonner and RJ as possible.
Will game 5 Parker please stay for the remainder of the playoffs?

SpurOutofTownFan
04-28-2011, 09:13 PM

:pop: i really thank you for your advise in this issue

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-28-2011, 09:42 PM

Yeah, not everyone can blow the NBA Finals after being up 2-0 and putting out press releases about the victory parade, but maybe one day SA will get there....

Obstructed_View
04-28-2011, 09:46 PM
Chump is a troll?

For far, far too long.

Doctor J
04-28-2011, 11:32 PM
I believe Neal will get more playing time in Game 6 and he will play better, something like scoring 15+ points to boost the Spurs.

bluebellmaniac
04-28-2011, 11:52 PM
Chump is a troll?
LOL!

Well, you have your good trolls and your bad trolls... ;-)

NRHector
04-28-2011, 11:55 PM
I believe Neal will get more playing time in Game 6 and he will play better, something like scoring 15+ points to boost the Spurs.:wow did Pop fired himself?

Yorae
04-29-2011, 03:18 AM
Hey guys, do the spurs run or do they slow it down? After watching the first half of game 5, almost every time we run it ends up as a turn over.....Maybe the spurs should look first before running, because the grizzlies usually don't run down immediately, the try to get a turn over first.....

Obstructed_View
04-29-2011, 07:28 AM
Hey guys, do the spurs run or do they slow it down? After watching the first half of game 5, almost every time we run it ends up as a turn over.....Maybe the spurs should look first before running, because the grizzlies usually don't run down immediately, the try to get a turn over first.....

They need to run smart. The Grizz are doing a good job of getting their hands into passing lanes, but that makes them more vulnerable to a GOOD long pass. The other obvious adjustment is to adjust their spacing a bit for kickouts. It seems inevitable that at some point the Spurs are going to be able to shoot on this team at will, but they're sort of running out of time.