PDA

View Full Version : Ginobili #9 in PER Rating for Playoffs... Splitter #7

Blue-Lightning
04-28-2011, 02:50 PM
Two Spurs players now grace the top ten in PER for the 2011 NBA Playoffs. Ginobili is expected at #9... but Splitter? At #7?

Play him, Pop!!! Twenty-five minutes a game! Let's go!

elbamba
04-28-2011, 02:55 PM
Splitter only needs about 12-15 a game to make a difference. More time and I think he will hurt the Spurs. I have to give credit to Pop, no way did I think he would play SPlitter after game 3, but he proved us wrong. This is saying alot for Pop to make this move.

He is not in good enough shape to go more than 15 minutes. He is playing the perfect amount of time where he can score, rebound and defend. Anymore time and he will wear down. Next year, I expect him to play 30+ minutes a game, but not this year.

rasho8
04-28-2011, 03:27 PM
^^ There is this and there is the fact that he and Timmy don't know what to do together. Timmy always sets the high screen on the PnR, but thats Tiagos bread and butter. So Tiago just kind of wanders down to the basket and hangs out a little to the right of it, which clogs the paint if his defender plays him inside (which they are doing).

Put Duncan down there and out a few more feet and his person would have to hedge. If Tiago streaks to the basket after the pick and he goes to help the guard can pass to Duncan who will have an open 10-12 footer. If the help stays on Duncan Tiago has a good chance of an open layup. If Tiago stays and Duncan stays the paint is empty of bigs allowing the slashing guard to come down and get a layup, which if the help comes and leaves Tiago or Tim one of them is open for a mid range jumper. Or Tiago can stay put on the high screen and Tim can position himself inside he has a clear look and can move to the basket for a dunk/layup.

Plenty of options but Tiago is the young guy that can run, he needs to set the screen. Duncan needs to draw the other big away from the action and get his money bank shot ready. I predict we will see a lot of this style next year.

SnakeBoy
04-28-2011, 03:34 PM
If Tiago stays and Duncan stays the paint is empty of bigs allowing the slashing guard to come down and get a layup, which if the help comes and leaves Tiago or Tim one of them is open for a mid range jumper.

If Tiago can develop something even remotely close to a jumper the summer. I like Tiago but that boy needs some help on how to shoot.

Ginobilly
04-28-2011, 05:30 PM
^^ There is this and there is the fact that he and Timmy don't know what to do together. Timmy always sets the high screen on the PnR, but thats Tiagos bread and butter. So Tiago just kind of wanders down to the basket and hangs out a little to the right of it, which clogs the paint if his defender plays him inside (which they are doing).

Put Duncan down there and out a few more feet and his person would have to hedge. If Tiago streaks to the basket after the pick and he goes to help the guard can pass to Duncan who will have an open 10-12 footer. If the help stays on Duncan Tiago has a good chance of an open layup. If Tiago stays and Duncan stays the paint is empty of bigs allowing the slashing guard to come down and get a layup, which if the help comes and leaves Tiago or Tim one of them is open for a mid range jumper. Or Tiago can stay put on the high screen and Tim can position himself inside he has a clear look and can move to the basket for a dunk/layup.

Plenty of options but Tiago is the young guy that can run, he needs to set the screen. Duncan needs to draw the other big away from the action and get his money bank shot ready. I predict we will see a lot of this style next year.

They should have been doing what you just said during the regular season. I'll also think that one of the reasons Pop doesn't play Splitter and Duncan together, is the fact that both Tony and RJ are lousy 3 point shooters. The only starter that really spaces the floor for our point guard and SF is Manu. If Tony was a decent to good 3 point shooter, then it would do wonders for RJ's game, which relies cuts and open lanes to the basket. RJ is and has always been an "on the move" type of offensive player. He is not a spot up shooter. At this point I would rather have Novak/Green or Anderson in the starting lineup over Dick Jefferson.

analyzed
04-28-2011, 05:36 PM
And what is Bonner's ranking ? LOL

Two Spurs players now grace the top ten in PER for the 2011 NBA Playoffs. Ginobili is expected at #9... but Splitter? At #7?

Play him, Pop!!! Twenty-five minutes a game! Let's go!

waly.mg
04-28-2011, 05:38 PM
Bonner is 4 of 15 3P%, less than 1 for game, do you need more or not?