PDA

View Full Version : Good series Lakers

Pelicans78
04-28-2011, 10:19 PM
Hornets weren't good enough to compete tonight and didn't take enough advantage of a passive Lakers team earlier in the series. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Still don't think it was worth trading Collison and Thornton just to get pounded in the 1st round. This playoff season was a nice facade to placate casual fans into supporting an owner-less. If our minority owner didn't back out of his transaction due to the oil spill, I'm pretty sure he would have traded Paul and started over.

Anyway, good series, and don't take other teams lightly. Portland/Dallas/OKC are all much better than the Hornets.

DeadlyDynasty
04-28-2011, 10:20 PM
Props.

The Gemini Method
04-28-2011, 10:58 PM
congrats on taking this to six. I thought it would go six and mentioned it to my good friend who is a Laker die-hard and he laughed. Said the lakers would win in 4 or 5 max. Let's hope the team can keep CP3 and get some more star-power around him. That's a fanbase that can be super loyal if given the chance.

21_Blessings
04-28-2011, 11:13 PM
Bees would have curbstomped the Spurs just like Memphis.

HarlemHeat37
04-28-2011, 11:15 PM
Hornets were probably the worst team of the 16, but they were missing the best scorer on their team, so it's understandable..it's also tough to strategize when you don't know whether your best player is going to give any effort for a particular game..

They won 2 more games than most thought they would..

Pelicans78
04-28-2011, 11:20 PM
Hornets were probably the worst team of the 16, but they were missing the best scorer on their team, so it's understandable..it's also tough to strategize when you don't know whether your best player is going to give any effort for a particular game..

They won 2 more games than most thought they would..

They were better than the Pacers without West and at least as good as the Sixers, but still, I question whether it was worth trading away two young talented players just to get stomped in the 1st round.