PDA

View Full Version : Send M. Night Shaymalan Back to Film School

Leetonidas
04-28-2011, 11:27 PM
http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/04/18/fans-campaign-to-send-m-night-shyamalan-to-film-school/

:lol

About time some word gets to this asshole about his shitty movies with their horrible plot "twists"

Also, Will and Jaden Smith in a movie together? :pctoss

DMC
04-28-2011, 11:31 PM
Tom Cruise has been making movies for a long time and he cannot act a lick.

I agree about Sham-a-lot.

4>0rings
04-28-2011, 11:43 PM
lol

I saw Devil, just another lame-o shitter. I did like more than just 6th sense though.

Leetonidas
04-28-2011, 11:55 PM
The Village did it for me. What a lame, lame, LAME, antagonist. So fucking boring.

JayTheClown
04-28-2011, 11:55 PM
lol

I saw Devil, just another lame-o shitter. I did like more than just 6th sense though.

Really? I thought Devil was ok

monosylab1k
04-29-2011, 01:26 AM
Tom Cruise has been making movies for a long time and he cannot act a lick.

Frank TJ Mackey says you're retarded for having that opinion.

DMC
04-29-2011, 01:54 AM
Frank TJ Mackey says you're retarded for having that opinion.

He would just judge me in silence.

Midnight Sham's shtick is to make a movie using no money, over promote the hell out of it and then make another before the reviews are in.

MelGibson
04-29-2011, 10:08 AM
Signs. :flipoff

DMX7
04-29-2011, 10:13 AM
_n2IVF9a2IA

CubanSucks
04-29-2011, 01:36 PM
Still better than most out there. 6th Sense and Signs are both really good

IronMaxipad
04-29-2011, 03:38 PM
Midnight Sham's shtick is to make a movie using no money, over promote the hell out of it and then make another before the reviews are in.

http://i56.tinypic.com/2py8igy.jpg

SA210
04-29-2011, 05:09 PM
Tom Cruise is a frickin great actor.

DMC
04-29-2011, 06:29 PM
Tom Cruise is a frickin great actor.
:lmao

DMC
04-29-2011, 06:31 PM
6th Sense was ok. Signs sucked. The whole goddamned movie was in a basement, just like Village all filmed in one fucking spot. What a generic cheap ass director who thinks he can use the mind as a canvas. I would just see a high school play if that was my thing.

BlackSwordsMan
04-29-2011, 06:35 PM
I wikipediaed the ending to devil and felt robbed

Strike
04-29-2011, 06:51 PM
Shamalamadingdong sucks.

/thread

CubanSucks
04-29-2011, 07:15 PM
6th Sense was ok. Signs sucked. The whole goddamned movie was in a basement, just like Village all filmed in one fucking spot. What a generic cheap ass director who thinks he can use the mind as a canvas. I would just see a high school play if that was my thing.

what the hell are you talking about?

symple19
04-29-2011, 07:35 PM
send the talentless fuck to Abu Dhabi in a goddamn box with no holes poked into it

monosylab1k
04-29-2011, 08:22 PM
Tom Cruise is a solid actor when he's being challenged. He's given some great performances, and he's dropped more than a few turds in the name of collecting a paycheck. Not unlike nearly every other big name actor out there.

Fabbs
04-29-2011, 11:13 PM
The Village did it for me. What a lame, lame, LAME, antagonist. So fucking boring.
Wow, you hated it.

Even with Manny explaining what the ending was really about?
The one he and only he understands?

DMC
04-30-2011, 12:19 AM
what the hell are you talking about?

There was nothing but three people in a basement. I know they had to get there and they went to their neighbors house and cut off a really shitty prop's finger, but the basement scene was really fucking cheap. So the dude hit a sleastack with a bat.... Oscar award...

DMC
04-30-2011, 12:23 AM
Tom Cruise is a solid actor when he's being challenged. He's given some great performances, and he's dropped more than a few turds in the name of collecting a paycheck. Not unlike nearly every other big name actor out there.
Tom Cruise sucks. The only time he's done anything remotely close to good is immediately after Rain Man when he did Born on the 4th. In that he was able to actually not be a cocky maverick of a guy. Vanilla Sky was different. Far and Away was ok, but he was still a cocky maverick.

The American Film Institute ranks Cruise at 98 of the top 100, with Robin Williams above him and just below him, Gene Wilder and Wilem Dafoe.

He's not even close to Hoffman, Hopkins or even Leo D.

I like his movies, but he's not a good actor. I like Arnold's movies, he sucked at acting.

SA210
04-30-2011, 10:00 AM
Tom Cruise sucks. The only time he's done anything remotely close to good is immediately after Rain Man when he did Born on the 4th. In that he was able to actually not be a cocky maverick of a guy. Vanilla Sky was different. Far and Away was ok, but he was still a cocky maverick.

The American Film Institute ranks Cruise at 98 of the top 100, with Robin Williams above him and just below him, Gene Wilder and Wilem Dafoe.

He's not even close to Hoffman, Hopkins or even Leo D.

I like his movies, but he's not a good actor. I like Arnold's movies, he sucked at acting.

Wow, Cruise was great in a lot of movies. Jerry Maguire I think he was robbed of an Oscar. He was great as Frank TJ Mackie in Magnolia (also nominated), Last Samurai was awesome, Interview with a Vampire, Vanilla Sky, Born on the 4th of July. He is great. I don't really care for the Mission Impossible movies, but I really think he is very talented as an actor. I think his outside life just kind of makes people think differently of him. His acting has been really good in a good number of great movies.

DMC
04-30-2011, 03:31 PM
Wow, Cruise was great in a lot of movies. Jerry Maguire I think he was robbed of an Oscar. He was great as Frank TJ Mackie in Magnolia (also nominated), Last Samurai was awesome, Interview with a Vampire, Vanilla Sky, Born on the 4th of July. He is great. I don't really care for the Mission Impossible movies, but I really think he is very talented as an actor. I think his outside life just kind of makes people think differently of him. His acting has been really good in a good number of great movies.
He's good in a lot of movies. However you watch him and you know you are watching Tom Cruise. Other actors have the ability to make you forget who they are. Tom is still Risky Business Tom in most of his movies.

Tom is entertaining in movies that fit him. He does not seem to be flexible as an actor. I certainly would not put him into the same category as Hopkins, Hoffman or even a Matt Damon. I even think Pitt is a much better actor than Cruise. Interview with a Vampire was all Pitt, Anyone could have played Tom's role.

Tom has had his moments though, like many actors who've done enough work.

Like I said though, I like most of his stuff.

Imagine Brad Pitt or Leo D in The Last Samurai.

CubanSucks
05-01-2011, 01:46 AM
haters always gonna hate

rr2418
05-01-2011, 01:51 PM
I would say that most people that don't like M. Night's movies simply don't understand or do not want to understand his movies.

LnGrrrR
05-01-2011, 02:02 PM

You are wrong.

CubanSucks
05-01-2011, 02:11 PM
You are wrong.

k

Chief
05-01-2011, 03:49 PM
k

:lol fuck having an opinion !

mrsmaalox
05-01-2011, 03:52 PM
Signs is high on my "guilty pleasures" list. None of his other work has appealed to me much.

mouse
05-01-2011, 04:10 PM
In order to say he sucks you must of watched his films, that alone shows his talent.

mojorizen7
05-01-2011, 08:25 PM
Still better than most out there. 6th Sense and Signs are both really goodYep.
The Village and Unbreakable weren't too bad either.
Red head in the Water sucked and The Happening was garbage....i stopped watching there.

He needs to stop writing....his directing skills are good.

CubanSucks
05-02-2011, 12:28 AM
Signs is high on my "guilty pleasures" list. None of his other work has appealed to me much.

Why guilty? If it weren't for M Night directing it, Signs wouldn't catch so much heat. In fact, back when it came out it was pretty much a universally liked movie but now any project with his name on it will be trashed just for that reason

JoeChalupa
05-02-2011, 11:03 AM
I don't think his movies are that bad.

mrsmaalox
05-02-2011, 01:16 PM
Why guilty? If it weren't for M Night directing it, Signs wouldn't catch so much heat. In fact, back when it came out it was pretty much a universally liked movie but now any project with his name on it will be trashed just for that reason

Yep you are probably on the right track with that....

hater
05-02-2011, 01:42 PM
he sucks bigtime but 6th sense is a top 100 horror movie. Shit, I'd love to have 1/2 his talent.

mouse
05-02-2011, 01:46 PM
I think Mr. M. Night Shaymalan is really a victim of upstaging and some public / Hollywood pressure if you ask me.

I really feel it's all about timing in business, and film is a really a Business, it's not art.... don't fool yourself.

.. If your William Hung you save "she bangs" for your last song.

Same with Fog hat, don't they wait till the end to sing slow ride?

M. Night Shaymalan is like the 80s comic Gallagher who started smashing all the fruit in the first 5 minutes of his show and now is not sure how to keep the audience entertained. That is why the best fireworks explosion is at the end, not at the start.

If you reverse M. Night Shaymalan's movie release dates you will see he will look as though he is getting better as each film comes out. Start with "Devil" and work your way back. Keep in mind he would not be as popular so he can make sub par films at first.

The man was treated like some sort of "Movie God" after The Sixth Sense and the expectations and pressures to keep making films like that must have been enormous.

I think one problem was he made his films tailored for the thinking man and not for the mass "young" audience that wants to be entertained.

Today's movie goers have raised the bar to high, they want Action that jumps off the screen, they want horror that oozes blood into they're seats. they want sex, loud music,cute girls, sexy men,witty jokes and come backs, and so on.... it's all good but not for M. Night Shaymalan.

I bet if The Sixth Sense was released today it would flop. The bar has been raised to high.

Those of you that say The Village sucked could not sit through a classic Twilight Zone.

In closing I feel if M. Night Shaymalan last 4 films would have not had his name associated with any of them the outcome and negativity would be at a minimum.

Since expectations would not be present. If Devil was sent into the Cannes Film Festival by Joe Chalupa it would win best film.

Put M. Night Shaymalan's movies in the years 91-99 and he would rock!

He needs to realize he is the dial up of movies, people need Wifi

redzero
05-02-2011, 01:56 PM
You are wrong.

Did Signs burn down your house and kill your parents when you were a child? You disdain that movie.