PDA

View Full Version : Mavs in 6

Axe Murderer
04-29-2011, 12:17 AM
Split the first 2 in LA, win the next 2 in Dallas, and then close it out in game 6.

:toast

Tinystarz
04-29-2011, 12:18 AM
you sure you wanna do this? it's gonna get bumped you know.

4>0rings
u mad

DeadlyDynasty
:nope

21_Blessings
Split the first 2 in LA, win the next 2 in Dallas, and then close it out in game 6.

:toast

You already picked the Lakers to come out of the West.

No take-backs.

ElNono
It's happening...

Get on AIM dawg!

Fpoonsie
04-29-2011, 12:19 AM
:lobt2:

Axe Murderer
04-29-2011, 12:20 AM

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/8025/2a9wocg.gif

Jacob1983
04-29-2011, 12:35 AM
If the Mavs pull this off, it would have to be the biggest series win in the history of the franchise. I would just like to see the Mavs get at least a game. I don't want Stern's team and his favorite rapist sweeping the Mavs.

InRareForm
04-29-2011, 12:37 AM
http://thestartingfive.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/souljaboy.jpg

rayray2k8
04-29-2011, 12:42 AM
Chuck just took the Mavs in 6 against the Lakers in an upset....

Fpoonsie
04-29-2011, 12:42 AM
This thing's going at least 6. I could seriously (shtick aside) see the Mavs taking this. They've got the hard-nosed defenders in Stevenson and Brewer to cause Kobe problems. Tyson could neutralize 'Drew (more or less (and you've always got 2 other bigs if you need 12 more fouls)). And you've got Marion's length and quickness/athleticism to give Odom problems. You hafta give the edge to the Mavs when it comes to starting PG's and if Dirk doesn't mind bodying up Pau on D (and can stay outta foul trouble), Dirk should have his way w/ Gasol on the offensive end.

I think Terry's gonna be the X-factor here. If he can keep hitting shots at the clip he currently is, LA's in trouble.

Mavs in 6.

21_Blessings
04-29-2011, 12:52 AM
This thing's going at least 6. I could seriously (shtick aside) see the Mavs taking this. They've got the hard-nosed defenders in Stevenson and Brewer to cause Kobe problems. Tyson could neutralize 'Drew (more or less (and you've always got 2 other bigs if you need 12 more fouls)). And you've got Marion's length and quickness/athleticism to give Odom problems. You hafta give the edge to the Mavs when it comes to starting PG's and if Dirk doesn't mind bodying up Pau on D (and can stay outta foul trouble), Dirk should have his way w/ Gasol on the offensive end.

I think Terry's gonna be the X-factor here. If he can keep hitting shots at the clip he currently is, LA's in trouble.

Mavs in 6.

Brewer on Kobe would be the absolute worst move Carlisle could make.

Drew shot 70% against the Mavs this season and is playing the best ball of his career. Tyson will be in constant foul trouble and Hayw:lol:lold, well.

Odom/Gasol will basically cancel out anything Dirk does, as the German will actually have to defend the paint this series.

Jelloisjigglin
04-29-2011, 12:53 AM
Chuck just took the Mavs in 6 against the Lakers in an upset....

Looks like we're a lock to win now...

Isitjustme?
04-29-2011, 01:00 AM
Looks like we're a lock to win now...

He picked the Grizzlies to beat the Spurs.

Fpoonsie
04-29-2011, 01:02 AM

Obviously, Stevenson gets the nod, first and foremost. Again, I'd lump Brewer into the "at worst, an extra body and 6 fouls to use against him" category; though, you don't necessarily wanna keep sending Kobe to the stripe. I'm also curious as to the condition of Roddy in this series. Not that he'd necessarily be a difference maker, but providing a few spot minutes here and there wouldn't be the WORST thing...especially at home.

Drew shot 70% against the Mavs this season and is playing the best ball of his career. Tyson will be in constant foul trouble and Hayw:lol:lold, well.

You've also got Ian and Cardinal. Not at all comparing their talent or skill-level, but they're more big bodies to throw at him, put him off balance, and deliver some actual playoff fouls that DAL is not afraid to dole out. Wish I could say the same for SA...:depressed

Odom/Gasol will basically cancel out anything Dirk does, as the German will actually have to defend the paint this series.

Dirk can cancel out anything Pau provides offensively. And Dirk's banging inside in the POR series bodes well for the 2nd round. He didn't necessarily stray away from contact. In fact, he actually welcomed it repeatedly in aggressive drives to the hole. It was startling, but impressive.

Again, I think Marion has enough to bother Odom, if not shut him down completely. Marion's obviously gonna hafta take his game up another few notches, but I'd be surprised if Odom simply ran roughshod over him.

It should be a fun series either way, but I still hold true to my pick.

Fpoonsie
04-29-2011, 01:06 AM
I forgot to account for Artest. Who would he be on (typically)? Marion? At least in the starting lineup?

Sean Cagney
04-29-2011, 01:13 AM
He picked the Grizzlies to beat the Spurs.

Has not happened yet, and he picked a million teams to upset the SPURS during their runs, including Mavs last year and Nets in 03 to be honest! More than that also! I guess his word is gold now :lol:lol:lol

Isitjustme?
04-29-2011, 01:15 AM
Beaubois could be a factor for short stretches off the bench because the Lakers defense on quick waterbug point guards is awful.

NewJerSpur
04-29-2011, 01:15 AM

That's going to be a big (no pun intended) problem for the Mavs imo because Haywood is lost.

Isitjustme?
04-29-2011, 01:16 AM
Has not happened yet, and he picked a million teams to upset the SPURS during their runs, including Mavs last year and Nets in 03 to be honest! More than that also! I guess his word is gold now :lol:lol:lol

He was a Spur nut hugger for years. He picked them numerous times over the years. Plus, when he picked the Nets he said he was picking with his heart not his head.

Sean Cagney
04-29-2011, 01:19 AM
He was a Spur nut hugger for years. He picked them numerous times over the years. Plus, when he picked the Nets he said he was picking with his heart not his head.

Should have picked with his head alot more then lol! Yes he loved GINOOOOOOOBILIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII and the Spurs for years, I know that! I still respect him there.

ElNono
04-29-2011, 01:20 AM
tbh, should the Mavs win, would you call it an upset?

21_Blessings
04-29-2011, 01:24 AM
Kobe will eat Stevenson alive in a playoff series. I doubt he gets crunch time minutes. Marion is their best bet and betting against Kobe when it comes to raping the shit out of Dallas is for suckers.

Dirk can cancel out anything Pau provides offensively. And Dirk's banging inside in the POR series bodes well for the 2nd round. He didn't necessarily stray away from contact. In fact, he actually welcomed it repeatedly in aggressive drives to the hole. It was startling, but impressive.

LMA is a farcry from Pau/Odom. They'll be working the paint all series. The only time LMA isn't shooting a jumper is when he does that running, wannabe skyhook. Odom has had some HUGE defensive games against Dirk in the past. Obviously if Dirk is hot nobody is stopping him but Odom can force the issue on the other end through transition. Maybe Pau will get tired looking like a bitch and abuse Dirk every which way on the block. Just like he has on the past. Dirk can not defend Pau Gasol on the block.

Isitjustme?
04-29-2011, 01:25 AM
Should have picked with his head alot more then lol! Yes he loved GINOOOOOOOBILIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII and the Spurs for years, I know that! I still respect him there.

He picked the Spurs before the playoffs in 2003 and stayed with them until he changed at the last minute before the Finals. He also picked them in 2005 and 2007 iirc.

Ghazi
04-29-2011, 01:25 AM
o YE of little faith!

Isitjustme?
04-29-2011, 01:26 AM
Maybe Pau will...abuse Dirk every which way on the block...like he has on the past
:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

Who is this retard? I mean whats his story?

Sean Cagney
04-29-2011, 01:28 AM
He picked the Spurs before the playoffs in 2003 and stayed with them until he changed at the last minute before the Finals. He also picked them in 2005 and 2007 iirc.

Great, maybe I was just pissed AT HIM FOR THIS YEAR, but all in all he is that dude and usually rode with us and picked us, this year and 03 got to me though! He just flat out blasted us this year and maybe rigthfully so! Maybe we are what he said we were BRO :(

ElNono
04-29-2011, 01:29 AM
21_Palins must be reminiscing of some old Lakers teams...

This Lakers team has Pau getting bitchslapped by Aaron Gray, Bynum outplayed by Carl Landry, made Jarret Jack and Ariza look like All-Stars...

If not for Artest and Odom playing well 3/4 of the games, they don't even move on...

mavsfan1000
04-29-2011, 01:31 AM
Dallas impressed me against Portland. LA is no Portland though. They are bigger and better. I think Dallas can take it to 6. Maybe 7 but LA will find a way to win it. The refs always find a way if they slump.

21_Blessings
04-29-2011, 01:33 AM
This Lakers team has Pau getting bitchslapped by Aaron Gray

Gray is 5 times the defender Dirk is.

Bynum outplayed by Carl Landry..
Odom playing well..

Which is code for, "I didn't watch a minute of the series."

monosylab1k
04-29-2011, 01:41 AM
lol 21 Blessings.

Dirk has made a history of taking a hot shit all over Pau.

Isitjustme?
04-29-2011, 01:45 AM
lol 21 Blessings.

Even I, a so called GNSF, know this.

mavsfan1000
04-29-2011, 01:46 AM
lol 21 Blessings.

Diop and Dampier guarded him the last they were in a series. Battier was guarding Dirk. Neither can guard each other. Odom otoh matches up well with Dirk.

21_Blessings
04-29-2011, 01:47 AM
lol 21 Blessings.

Pau gets whatever he wants on the block with Dirk masquerading as a defender out there. He sure took a hotshit on Pau, holding him to a measley 20 on 54% this season:lol. Oh the horror!

Totally forgot about Barnes. He can potentially give Dirk a couple sacrificial elbows and turn him into a certified Gimp just like GS did in 2007.

21_Blessings
04-29-2011, 01:48 AM
Neither can guard each other. Odom otoh matches up well with Dirk.

:tu

Isitjustme?
04-29-2011, 01:48 AM
:lmao Matt Barnes :lmao No one is afraid of that faggot.

namlook
04-29-2011, 01:49 AM
Lakers are highly motivated to send Phil out with a ring and have home court. Odds are definitely against the Mavs.

Isitjustme?
04-29-2011, 01:50 AM
Lakers are highly motivated to send Phil out with a ring and have home court. Odds are definitely against the Mavs.

Neat!

namlook
04-29-2011, 01:51 AM
Neat? LOL.

21_Blessings
04-29-2011, 01:53 AM
3-2 Grizzlies!

Fpoonsie
04-29-2011, 01:55 AM
Odds are definitely against the Mavs.

Of course the odds are against them. Thus, why it'd be labeled an upset.

You should prolly take "offering insightful analysis" off your ignore list.

ElNono
04-29-2011, 01:55 AM
Gray is 5 times the defender Dirk is.

Pau is still a softie that gets regularly anally raped by Dirk...

Which is code for, "I didn't watch a minute of the series."

:lmao did YOU watch the games?

Keep :downspin: that shit... :lol

ElNono
04-29-2011, 01:57 AM
cue Lakerfan MAD going straight to their farm team...

Ghazi
04-29-2011, 02:00 AM
21_Blessings stop being a faggle and get the fuck on AIM! :danceclub

21_Blessings
04-29-2011, 02:01 AM
Pau is still a softie that gets regularly anally raped by Dirk...

Duncan is a softie that gets regularly anally raped by Andrew Bynum. :lmao

So you admit to not watching series. Genius.

ElNono
04-29-2011, 02:06 AM

You mean perennial playoff choker Andrew Bynum that was bukkaked by 6-2 Blair and a 6-3 Carl Landry, and just had his first decent playoff game against a decimated NO team? :lmao

Genius, how did you get that I admitted anything from:

lol Lakers in 4.... wait... Lakers in 5... wait... Lakers in 6... :lol

mavsfan1000
04-29-2011, 02:07 AM
Stevenson on Kobe is definitely a better matchup than Beaubois on Kobe. lol

21_Blessings
04-29-2011, 02:08 AM
You mean perennial playoff choker Andrew Bynum that was bukkaked by 6-2 Blair and a 6-3 Carl Landry, and just had his first decent playoff game against a decimated NO team? :lmao

No the Andrew Bynum that anally raped Tim Duncan every game this season.

Genius, how did you get that I admitted anything from:

l

Bynum outplayed by Carl Landry,

You're the Blink 182 of trolls, ElNono.

namlook
04-29-2011, 02:08 AM
Of course the odds are against them. Thus, why it'd be labeled an upset.

Lakers have repeated without a healthy Bynum. Now he's healthy. Good luck Dallas.

ElNono
04-29-2011, 02:17 AM
No the Andrew Bynum that anally raped Tim Duncan every game this season.

Bynum has nothing on Duncan, that's why the season ended 2-2, after Blair dropped a big fat one on Drew's face ...

Just like your team has nothing on the 3peat this season...

You're the Blink 182 of trolls, ElNono.

The series that just ended:

Landry: 15.8 ppg
Bynum: 15.1 ppg

Do you watch the games? :lol

rayjayjohnson
04-29-2011, 02:24 AM
terry hit shots like a crazy man today. he keeps that up maybe mavs in 6 or 7.

that, or terry gets into a fist fight with that scrub barnes in game one, gets suspended for the rest of the season and the mavs are done and dusted.

Sean Cagney
04-29-2011, 02:41 AM

LOL DUNCAN A SOFTIE, a dude with 4 rings and TWO MVP's and three finals MVPS! HOLLER at me when BYNUM DOES HALF OF THAT OR STAYS HEALTHY a year bro :lol:lol:lol

BTW LA is due for an injury soon, hah? As much as their fans talk sh*t Karma will hit them, book it.

ezau
04-29-2011, 02:59 AM
Mavs should be able to handle these Laker fags in 5

namlook
04-29-2011, 03:14 AM
BTW LA is due for an injury soon, hah? As much as their fans talk sh*t Karma will hit them, book it.

Bynum has been injured the past three playoffs. Karma would be he is healthy for a change.

LkrFan
04-29-2011, 03:54 AM

Hey that's my schtick! :lol

LkrFan
04-29-2011, 03:55 AM
Mavs should be able to handle these Laker fags in 5

'sup ezau. Will there be a game 7 in SA or what? :toast

namlook
04-29-2011, 04:01 AM
Spurs should be able to handle those Grizzlies fags in 5. Oh wait...

ElNono
04-29-2011, 11:38 AM
Hey that's my schtick! :lol

:lol

ElNono
04-29-2011, 11:39 AM
Spurs should be able to handle those Grizzlies fags in 5. Oh wait...

cue Lakerfan MAD going straight to their farm team...

Like clockwork... :lol

BlackSwordsMan
04-29-2011, 12:00 PM
mavs and heat round II in the finals tbh

DazedAndConfused
04-29-2011, 12:15 PM
I think a lot depends on how quickly Kobe can recover here. If he continues to be limited and hobbled all throughout this series the Mavs have a great chance. They have a MUCH better front court than NOH did so they will be able to contain our triple towers much better.

Kobe has always been our ace in the hole against the Mavs.

Spur-Addict
04-29-2011, 12:22 PM

mavsfan1000
04-29-2011, 12:25 PM
I think a lot depends on how quickly Kobe can recover here. If he continues to be limited and hobbled all throughout this series the Mavs have a great chance. They have a MUCH better front court than NOH did so they will be able to contain our triple towers much better.

Yep Kobe 62, Mavs 61. Kobe does own us.

ChrisRichards
04-29-2011, 12:38 PM
Dallas is too soft for the Lakers. They'll run through this team like road kill. Lakers in 6.

OKC is that one team that can knock the Lakers out west IMO.

mavsfan1000
04-29-2011, 12:39 PM
Dallas is too soft for the Lakers. They'll run through this team like road kill. Lakers in 6.

OKC is that one team that can knock the Lakers out west IMO.
You might be right. We'll see I guess.

ChrisRichards
04-29-2011, 12:44 PM
You might be right. We'll see I guess.
+ 1. I love fans like you. Open minded and honest. No disrespect to the Mavs but they just don't have enought tools to beat the Lakers. Its going to be one helluva series though.

jag
04-29-2011, 01:01 PM

:lol thinking Kobe's actually injured

Greg Oden
04-29-2011, 01:17 PM
you take that back. Did you see that nasty dunk Kobe did all while barely being able to walk? Reggie Miller and Kevin Harlan will tell you all about it.

jag
04-29-2011, 01:19 PM
It was funny hearing Charles shit all over Kobe and say what basically everyone watching that game was thinking. "Kobe isn't hurt. Stop being stupid. Kobe is doing all this for the drama."

Findog
04-29-2011, 01:39 PM

I'm gonna say Lakers in 5, 6 at worst. Mavs backcourt is extremely mediocre and we don't have a Tony Parker, Chris Paul or hell, even an Aaron Brooks that can take advantage of Derek Fisher. If Haywood was playing like he did last year, that would give me confidence that we could match the length and production of the Lakers frontline. Worst thing is that no matter what, Dirk has to guard somebody, be it Pau, Bynum or Odom.

I think best-case scenario we give the Lakers the same kind of hard-fought series the Suns did last year.

Killakobe81
04-29-2011, 01:44 PM
I'm gonna say Lakers in 5, 6 at worst. Mavs backcourt is extremely mediocre and we don't have a Tony Parker, Chris Paul or hell, even an Aaron Brooks that can take advantage of Derek Fisher. If Haywood was playing like he did last year, that would give me confidence that we could match the length and production of the Lakers frontline. Worst thing is that no matter what, Dirk has to guard somebody, be it Pau, Bynum or Odom.

I think best-case scenario we give the Lakers the same kind of hard-fought series the Suns did last year.

This is the way im leaning ....
It may be 6 ... but a "tough 6" ... people will say the Hornets pushed the Lakers to 6 ...but it was not that hard a series TBH ...
they won the last two games by over 15 points ...and two of the 3 games played in New orleans ...that is not a tough series.

THIS will be much tougher TBH ... I dont see the Lakers winning ANY game this series by almost 20 points ...

Findog
04-29-2011, 01:47 PM
this is the way im leaning ....
It may be 6 ... but a "tough 6" ...

I don't think the Mavs will get swept because a jump-shooting team will have at least one hot shooting performance, and you know we'll get at least one home game with friendly refs. Stern doesn't want this to be a sweep. So we'll win one, maybe two games.

Fpoonsie
04-29-2011, 01:52 PM
Obviously, if he gets playing time, both his minutes and his production will be limited, but I heard on the Ticket today that there's a better than 50% chance of Butler being available for this round.

Anyone heard anything else/different?

clambake
04-29-2011, 01:57 PM
i don't see how butler could help. he'd be lost out there and tentative.

mavsfan1000
04-29-2011, 01:58 PM
No kidding. He should give it up. He isn't an upgrade over Marion or Stojakovic.

Fpoonsie
04-29-2011, 01:59 PM

Yeah, prolly...that's also what they were saying on the Ticket. He's turned into another Roddy. The longer he stays out, the more people assume that he could be a game-changer.

Killakobe81
04-29-2011, 02:00 PM
I think bringing in an injured (well recovering from) Butler is a mistake. just like when they brought roddy B back too soon ...
Marion and Stevenson will do a credible job against Kobe, and it's not like the Mavs struggle to score points ...

clambake
04-29-2011, 02:05 PM
Yeah, prolly...that's also what they were saying on the Ticket. He's turned into another Roddy. The longer he stays out, the more people assume that he could be a game-changer.

zing

clambake
04-29-2011, 02:06 PM
I think bringing in an injured (well recovering from) Butler is a mistake. just like when they brought roddy B back too soon ...
Marion and Stevenson will do a credible job against Kobe, and it's not like the Mavs struggle to score points ...

trust me, the mavs will struggle to score points.

Spurtacus
04-29-2011, 02:08 PM
Lakers in 7

mavsfan1000
04-29-2011, 02:09 PM
trust me, the mavs will struggle to score points.
And an injured Butler can fix this by?

clambake
04-29-2011, 02:13 PM
And an injured Butler can fix this by?

he can't fix it. i stated that earlier.

Ghazi
04-29-2011, 02:16 PM
o YE of little faith!

clambake
04-29-2011, 02:18 PM
o YE of little faith!

u saying that butler is key?

Ghazi
04-29-2011, 02:18 PM
I'm sayin...

WE GOIN TO THE SHIP!

clambake
04-29-2011, 02:19 PM
i thought they'd lose to blazers in 6........so i'm already impressed.

Banzai
04-29-2011, 03:46 PM
I'm sayin...

WE GOIN TO THE SHIP!

Fishing ship.

Ashy Larry
04-29-2011, 04:11 PM
or once you get chandler in foul trouble ...... just go to the hack-a-haywood .....put theo ratliff in the use those six fouls. possible twelves points, mavs likely to get one

namlook
04-29-2011, 04:39 PM
http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/8657/3quarters.png

21_Blessings
04-29-2011, 05:07 PM
http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/8657/3quarters.png

:bking

Muser
04-29-2011, 05:09 PM
Can't wait for this. About time this series happened.

i MAke GOod POlls
04-29-2011, 05:39 PM
Can't wait for this. About time this series happened.

This.

I think this will be the hardest Western Conference series for LA since they got Gasol, with 09 Denver a very close second.

I think this will go the full 7 with LA winning it

EDIT: in the West

frodo
04-29-2011, 07:00 PM
I predict the lakers win but i wouldn't be too surprised either if mavs won. Mavs are built to beat Lakers & Spurs they always cause some serious match-up problems with Lakers & Spurs when fighting them despite being the underdog. gonna be an even match imho

namlook
04-29-2011, 07:27 PM
This.

I think this will be the hardest series for LA since they got Gasol, with 09 Denver a very close second.

I think this will go the full 7 with LA winning it

The Celtics series last year was the most difficult series for them that they won.

i MAke GOod POlls
04-29-2011, 07:50 PM
The Celtics series last year was the most difficult series for them that they won.

whoops, i meant to put in the West :dizzy

SAtown
04-29-2011, 10:56 PM
Mavs in 5.

Fpoonsie
05-03-2011, 01:22 AM

http://images.askmen.com/fashion/grooming/axe-vice-body-spray_1.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_t4V0SqZ8TY0/TOYgz0q0ivI/AAAAAAAAApw/Id11uTuIY0s/s1600/jr-smith.jpg

i MAke GOod POlls
05-03-2011, 01:55 AM

Splits
05-03-2011, 02:08 AM
In case anyone hasn't noticed, the Lakers have been complete crap since their 5 game tank job towards the end of the season. The Whorenets were a horrible basketball team without their all-star big man and pushed them to 6. There is no flip to be switched. And now, the all-time leading chokers in the history of the NBA are going to either sweep them or take them out in 5. I think it is pretty obvious the winner of the OKC/MEM series will represent the West in the Finals.

cobbler
05-03-2011, 02:10 AM
In case anyone hasn't noticed, the Lakers have been complete crap since their 5 game tank job towards the end of the season. The Whorenets were a horrible basketball team without their all-star big man and pushed them to 6. There is no flip to be switched. And now, the all-time leading chokers in the history of the NBA are going to either sweep them or take them out in 5. I think it is pretty obvious the winner of the OKC/MEM series will represent the West in the Finals.

Morons, They never learn...

Splits
05-03-2011, 02:19 AM

Trolls, they never rebut.

Splits
05-05-2011, 12:26 AM
OP should revise the number 6 to be the number 4.

Cobbler should ask Jack why he was booing his team in their final home game.

Splits
05-06-2011, 11:59 PM

Greg Oden
05-07-2011, 12:01 AM
xe Mur, being the humble guy he is, gives the Lakers 2 games. God bless you.

Splits
05-09-2011, 12:58 AM
OP is an idiot thinking the classless Lakers could win a game.