PDA

View Full Version : Rasho interview!!!

SLOVENIAN 8
06-08-2005, 07:04 AM
On that link is Rasho interview but only in SLO language. I might will translate it if i will have a time, but if anyone else have time could do it. :smokin

http://sportal.siol.net/default.asp?article_id=10361020506080822570

Taco
06-08-2005, 07:49 AM
On that link is Rasho interview but only in SLO language. I might will translate it if i will have a time, but if anyone else have time could do it. :smokin

http://sportal.siol.net/default.asp?article_id=10361020506080822570

Nice :fro

Maybe we could have Walter Pasacrita translate it :lol

xcoriate
06-08-2005, 07:58 AM
Does he demand a trade for lack of playing time??

:lol

The Big Chicken
06-08-2005, 08:17 AM
No, he said he can't do nothing about not playing. It was bad luck. He is talking about leaving the national team after this European championship. He also said it is going to be a 6 game final series at least. He also doesn't worry with playing time in the finals. If it doesn't happen then it doesn't. Life goes on. That's Rasho.

xcoriate
06-08-2005, 08:24 AM
No, he said he can't do nothing about not playing. It was bad luck. He is talking about leaving the national team after this European championship. He also said it is going to be a 6 game final series at least. He also doesn't worry with playing time in the finals. If it doesn't happen then it doesn't. Life goes on. That's Rasho.

Haha, I wasn't being serious. They day Rasho demands a trade I'll roll out of bed and die. It ain't going to happen. Never the less he may be traded this off-season where do you guys (the slovenians) stand with that. Spurs fan or do you leave with Rasho?

We still got Beno :depressed

kginsa
06-08-2005, 08:31 AM
Hey Slo-8.....could you translate the interview for us if you have time....Please !!!!!!! Thanks......Also, do you know where I can get a Rasho Nesterovic Slovenian Team Jersey ????

Thanks again

SPARKY
06-08-2005, 08:57 AM
My Slovenian is a little rusty, but here are some excerpts from the interview...

http://www.mamut.com/homepages/United_States/3/16/BBXNews/rasa-pogled-zastita.jpg

On his bench role

"...it very important to keep seat warm for Tim and Nazr. I also make sure to move around in the seat during games so that no cold spot remains when they come out of the game."

On the Finals

"...I asked Pop if I could put my seat on eBay but apparently that is not allowed."

On his postgame routine in San Antonio

"...Beno and I usually end up at this place called Jim's. Beno is ladies man. All girls like him. I'm his wingman. I usually end up with his date's ugly friend."

Phenomanul
06-08-2005, 09:05 AM
My Slovenian is a little rusty, but here are some excerpts from the interview...

http://www.mamut.com/homepages/United_States/3/16/BBXNews/rasa-pogled-zastita.jpg

On his bench role

"...it very important to keep seat warm for Tim and Nazr. I also make sure to move around in the seat during games so that no cold spot remains when they come out of the game."

On the Finals

"...I asked Pop if I could put my seat on eBay but apparently that is not allowed."

"...Beno and I usually end up at this place called Jim's. Beno is ladies man. All girls like him. I'm his wingman. I usually end up with his date's ugly friend."

Add these to the list of Memorable Rasho moments...
----"Way to go Big-Doggie!!!!"
----and the towel throwing incident after Duncan's game winner in Cleveland

Cheap Shot Alert:
"Rasho is 20X funnier than SAS without trying to be...."

SLOVENIAN 8
06-08-2005, 09:13 AM
Hey Slo-8.....could you translate the interview for us if you have time....Please !!!!!!! Thanks......Also, do you know where I can get a Rasho Nesterovic Slovenian Team Jersey ????

Thanks again

For translate i dont have time now.
For jersey for now it is not avaliable, but might be when euro 2005 will start on September 2005 we will see...

Damn i cant wait for tomorrow when playoffs starts LIVE in Slovenia :smokin :smokin :elephant :elephant

mcornelio
06-08-2005, 01:26 PM

On his bench role

On the Finals

LMAO-IVE BEEN FEELING SHITTY ALL DAY... AND THAT JUST CHEERED ME UP... GOOD WORK.. WE STILL LOVE YOU RADOSLAV:lol

The Big Chicken
06-08-2005, 01:28 PM
How long does the match last?
I am thinking of watching just the second half, because I'm afraid I'll fell asleep during the halftime break. Everyone cheer so I can hear you in Slovenia.

mavsfan1000
06-08-2005, 01:33 PM

On the Finals

:lmao

Slomo
06-08-2005, 01:46 PM

On his bench role

On the Finals

On what keeps him in a good mood

"...I'm valuable enough to the team not to have been traded to the Knicks."

1Parker1
06-08-2005, 01:48 PM

Ouch!!!

Slo spurs fan
06-08-2005, 02:04 PM
How long does the match last?
I am thinking of watching just the second half, because I'm afraid I'll fell asleep during the halftime break. Everyone cheer so I can hear you in Slovenia.

You should join chat during half time.

Ozzy
06-08-2005, 02:40 PM
Ok, so here is a quick translation...

Small things will make the difference

Before the finals of the north-American professional league NBA we talked with Slovenian basketball player Radoslav Nesterovic of the San Antonio Spurs. Rasho and his teammates are currently preparing for the battle with the defending champions, the Detroit Pistons.

Can you notice additional nervousness in the team before the grand finale of the season?
Maybe, but only cause we are impatiently expecting the start of the finals. Otherwise our preparation for the rivals is just as usual. There is no science in that. You just prepare and walk onto the court… The chemistry in the team is good and what is most important we are all healthy. There are only two teams left in the battle for the first prize. Small things will make the difference.

Which are the things you would point out analysing the Detroit Pistons?
Out biggest danger and their biggest advantage is the fact that they were the champions last year. That creates a special feeling inside the team and a special approach to the game. If I look at their roster, I can see that they are filled with good players at all positions. I am sure, that there is a going to be a hard fight. This isn't the first round of playoffs anymore, where one of the teams can win pretty confidently.

So you are counting on seven games?
I am sure that it will take at least six. Certainly not less!

Detroit is famous for it’s starting five, however their substitutions are less effective. Does longer bench give your team additional advantage?
I can basically agree with this. But on the other hand you can newer know if a player coming from the bench is going to have his day. Two best teams of the league are going to play in the finals so it's really hard to point out the advantages in either team. I couldn't say that one team has better point guard, the other better centers…

Despite the joy of playing in the finals you are probably bothered by the fact that your role has changed significantly when you had to move from the starting five to the bench after injury…
The injury came at the wrong time. It happened at the end of the season and when the playoffs started the 'rotation' tactics has already been set. That was coach's decision so I don't have anything to say about it.

Is there any chance this can change during the finals?
I am just not thinking about that. If it doesn't happen, life will go on normally.

If this trend continues would you consider 'pushing' the team management to trade you elsewhere?
When you sign a contract with a club in the NBA you are their property. Nobody is going to ask you about it. They are going to trade you if they see some sense in the trade.

Slovenian basketball is without the championship ring at the moment. The ring would undoubtedly be some kind of peak in you career?
Without a doubt! That may be the biggest thing you can achieve in basketball. It would be great…

How would you rate the games of your teammate and countryman Beno Udrih?
Great! Despite the season is not over yet I would rate his performance and work in his rookie season as very good. I am sure he learned a lot in his first year. Now he knows what to expect in the future. I am sure that he will only improve in the future.

Lets touch the national team for a moment. You already said last year that you will play in Belgrade for sure. You are probably sticking at this decision?
That's right. If I decided not to play at the European championship, I wouldn't have played in the qualifications.

Have you talked about the 'Eurobasket' with any members of the national team or with the coach of the national team?
I talked with the players that play in the NBA and some others about the national team and our appearance in Belgrade. I recently got a call from the national team coach Ales Pipan, but we only agreed to hear when I return to Slovenia. I am kind of convinced that this is the last chance of my generation, the players born in 1976-1980. If we don't achieve some result this year we should probably give a chance to the younger squad. It would be certainly a right time for the younger players that showed their value at youth championships to step up.

As a captain of the national team are you going to try to influence the players that have some considerations about playing for the national team? Or will you simply leave the decision to the individuals?
I am sure we can talk if there is going to be a need for it. But as I said before, that is a personal decision. Only each individual knows how he can best prepare himself. If the preparations and obligations that come along with playing for the national team are bothersome for some players, we are simply going to have to accept this. We shouldn't blame anyone or close the doors of the national team to those players just because they said no. It could happen that a player that is not going to play in this championship is going to be the key player at the next competition.

Rydia
06-08-2005, 03:14 PM

Aww that picture is cute!!

Thanks for the translation!! I really appreciate it!!

Go Spurs GO!

travis2
06-09-2005, 06:47 AM
Lets touch the national team for a moment.

:wow

Ummmmm...I think I'll let you do that...

ObiwanGinobili
06-09-2005, 07:56 AM
wow! Rasho is soo much more articualte than Manu. I just noticed this.

desflood
06-09-2005, 08:04 AM
He's a pretty bright guy. And cute as hell too. :makeout

Rick Von Braun
06-09-2005, 10:01 AM

Ha ha ha.... http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

Way to go Slomo!

angel_luv
06-09-2005, 10:06 AM
Oooooh! I love him... I mean, it. Oh, who am I kidding... him!!!!!! :makeout

Seriously, awesome post! Thanks :angel

angel_luv
06-09-2005, 10:15 AM

I'm so not saying I'm hot or anything, but if you want your own date Rasho,
" Hello! I'm in the Terrace Club- easy for you to pick up. " =)

RashoFan
06-11-2005, 03:15 AM
and Rasho only has to call 911 to get me .....lights, sirens and diesel and I am sooooooooo there!!!!

milkyway21
06-11-2005, 03:33 AM

"...Beno and I usually end up at this place called Jim's. [B]Beno is ladies man. All girls like him. I'm his wingman. I usually end up with his date's ugly friend.":huh

how can a guy as cute as you find it hard to get a date?
:lmao :lmao :lmao

Slomo
06-11-2005, 03:47 AM
and Rasho only has to call 911 to get me .....lights, sirens and diesel and I am sooooooooo there!!!!

If that's not a good offer - I don't know what is!

milkyway21
06-11-2005, 03:56 AM
I'm so not saying I'm hot or anything, but if you want your own date Rasho,
" Hello! I'm in the Terrace Club- easy for you to pick up. " =)

:lmao

angel_luv
06-11-2005, 01:09 PM

Why would you bring Shaq along on a date?

And Rasho, which would you prefer- an apparent disaster or a night with someone heavenly?
Thought so. () = ) Call me, baby!

WalterBenitez
06-11-2005, 02:50 PM
Hey, Will Rasho an Beno play for Slovenia National Team???

SpizdiStrann
06-11-2005, 02:56 PM
rasho will 100%
beno .. still not sure.. maybe rasho will talk to him later..

WalterBenitez
06-11-2005, 02:59 PM
rasho will 100%
beno .. still not sure.. maybe rasho will talk to him later..

Slovenia will play that Cup in China this year or not?

cqsallie
06-11-2005, 03:20 PM
Rasho is gorgeous! If I were 40 years younger, I'd be very interested. Can't figure out why he hasn't been named to People Magazine's 50... Maybe he's looking for love in all the wrong places - like Jim's. LOL!

WalterBenitez
06-11-2005, 03:39 PM
Rasho has no girlfriend? come on, really??

angel_luv
06-11-2005, 03:54 PM
Only because he hasn't asked me yet... must be waiting until after the Finals. () = )

cqsallie
06-11-2005, 04:08 PM
Only because he hasn't asked me yet... must be waiting until after the Finals. () = )
You go, girl! Rasho's mysterious - the strong, silent type that every woman is looking for... :smokin

desflood
06-11-2005, 04:43 PM
Yumm...

angel_luv
06-11-2005, 07:01 PM
Yumm...

Enough tiger, I caught him first. Go prowl somewhere else. LOL () = )

WalterBenitez
06-11-2005, 08:02 PM
Rasho must be such an European Lover, my girl says "he's so cute" :wtf

angel_luv
06-11-2005, 08:58 PM
Rasho must be such an European Lover, my girl says "he's so cute" :wtf

LOL! What is with the questions??!??!?? Have you not seen him?

B E A UTIFUL! :makeout

SLOVENIAN 8
06-12-2005, 03:52 AM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

desflood
06-12-2005, 07:00 AM
Enough tiger, I caught him first. Go prowl somewhere else. LOL () = )
I was here first, dammit! :lol :lol

desflood
06-12-2005, 07:12 AM
Actually we joined about 20 days apart :lol So, we can fight over him like equals. :p

angel_luv
06-12-2005, 08:57 AM
Actually we joined about 20 days apart :lol So, we can fight over him like equals. :p

But like I said, I was first! Public records are a wonderful thing. () = )

Desflood: Join Date: 11-09-2004

Angel: Join Date: 10-29-2004

Haha! Told! Now, kindly back far away from my Slovenian. () = )

Brodels
06-12-2005, 09:20 AM
WTF? The girlies are fighting over Rasho? Bizarre.

:lol That's awesome, Slomo. And, for what it's worth, it's true.

Slomo
06-12-2005, 10:12 AM
WTF? The girlies are fighting over Rasho? Bizarre.

:lol That's awesome, Slomo. And, for what it's worth, it's true.
You know of course, I was replying to a specific poster :)

Brodels
06-12-2005, 10:16 AM
You know of course, I was replying to a specific poster :)

I know. He hasn't made an appearance since you posted that. We'll see what he comes up with. I'm quite confident that it will have something to do with Slovenia being inferior to the U.S.

Slomo
06-12-2005, 10:18 AM
I know. He hasn't made an appearance since you posted that. We'll see what he comes up with. I'm quite confident that it will have something to do with Slovenia being inferior to the U.S.

It usually does

I was just making it clear since I don't really have anything against Malik.

Sek-cMan
06-12-2005, 10:24 AM
For all the girls. Lets hope his BBall game doesn't carry into the bedroom. He'd be clumsy, slow, and scared to just put it in the hole!!

RashoFan
06-12-2005, 10:41 AM
Then I call "on Top"...Besides I am sure the man knows what to do!!!! Passion is brewing behind those beautiful eyes. This Firefighter would love to start a fire with him.

WalterBenitez
06-12-2005, 12:14 PM
For all the girls. Lets hope his BBall game doesn't carry into the bedroom. He'd be clumsy, slow, and scared to just put it in the hole!! :lol

Girls will go crazy against you :spin

desflood
06-12-2005, 01:13 PM
For all the girls. Lets hope his BBall game doesn't carry into the bedroom. He'd be clumsy, slow, and scared to just put it in the hole!!
Despite what men seem to think, slow is actually a good thing! As for being clumsy, well, teaching men how to be graceful is the fun part :D

desflood
06-12-2005, 01:22 PM
And actually, I'll leave you two to fight over Rasho. I'll keep the man I'm already married to instead.

angel_luv
06-12-2005, 02:34 PM
And actually, I'll leave you two to fight over Rasho. I'll keep the man I'm already married to instead.

I don't have time to fight. I have to get ready to go see Rasho! Coming, baby! :D