PDA

View Full Version : Racial discrimination scandal in Fench football (ok, soccer)

lefty
04-29-2011, 03:22 PM
FRANCE: French soccer chiefs have approved proposals to limit the number of black and Arab players coming through their national training programs to 30 per cent, according to a report. The influential Mediapart website claimed top management at the French Football Federation, including France manager Laurent Blanc, secretly discussed and approved ''unofficial discriminatory quotas''. ''For the top brass in French football, the issue is settled: there are too many blacks, too many Arabs and not enough white players in French football,'' the website claimed.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/sport/soccer/chiefs-approve-quotas-20110429-1e0qm.html#ixzz1KwglZaUl

Not sure if credible though

Spurologist
04-29-2011, 03:41 PM
What if you're mixed like me. I guess they would have it put a number on your black/arab content. If you're 1% black/arab or just black/arab looking, you're out. They would want all white players if they could but they are hoping for another Henry

That got nothin on Italy though

LOL Italy

lefty
04-29-2011, 03:57 PM
What if you're mixed like me. I guess they would have it put a number on your black/arab content. If you're 1% black/arab or just black/arab looking, you're out. They would want all white players if they could but they are hoping for another Henry

That got nothin on Italy though

LOL Italy
Mandatory LOL Italy

DAF86
04-29-2011, 04:45 PM
WF? Pretty moronic if true.

ALVAREZ6
04-30-2011, 12:36 PM
LOL France

LOL white French boys not being able to compete

They should just accept they blow and embrace the minorities in their system, after all their best players are minorities: Zidane (former), Nasri, Benzema, Malouda, Anelka, Evra, Sagna, Clichy... lol, without them the French national team would be atrocious.

Brazil
05-01-2011, 09:39 AM
lol at thinking this is true... :lmao

The stroy is about the double nationality issue. They are a lot of players trained in federal french structure with double or triple nationality who can change of NT, idea was to try to limit that by just investing state money on potentials who will play for France.

lefty
05-01-2011, 12:46 PM
Lookslike the allegations are true

DAF86
05-01-2011, 05:14 PM
lol at thinking this is true... :lmao

The stroy is about the double nationality issue. They are a lot of players trained in federal french structure with double or triple nationality who can change of NT, idea was to try to limit that by just investing state money on potentials who will play for France.

That's kind of racist too.

resistanze
05-01-2011, 05:37 PM
I'm not surprised.

lol France

sonic21
05-01-2011, 07:21 PM
Why assume this is true? A lot of bs in this article.
there were no "french soccer chief" or "top brass in french football" in that meeting.
Nobody approved anything

lefty
05-01-2011, 09:21 PM
France great Lilian Thuram 'hurt' by ongoing racism row and dismisses dual nationality problem

By Jerome Pugmire, The Associated Press – May 1st, 2011

PARIS — Former France great Lilian Thuram feels "hurt" that his former teammate Laurent Blanc and members of the French Football Federation may have agreed to limit the number of black and Arab players in national training programs.
French football has been plunged into turmoil after investigative website Mediapart reported that Blanc and senior figures in the federation approved proposals to limit to 30 per cent the number of players of African and North-African descent in training academies once they reach 13 years of age.
"Of course you feel hurt, of course," Thuram said Sunday on French football show Telefoot. "You tell yourself that it's a perpetual (cycle) to always cast doubt on people with regards to their colour and religion."
Thuram played alongside Blanc and playmaker Zinedine Zidane in a team that became a national icon after winning the 1998 World Cup and European Championship in 2000, prompting politicians to hail its multi-ethnicity from the rooftops.
"Some people have short memories," Thuram said.
FFF technical director Francois Blaquart has been suspended pending an inquiry into the claims, which included a transcript of a conversation involving Blanc, Blaquart, under-21 coach Erick Mombaerts and under-20 coach Francis Smerecki in November.
Smerecki is the only one quoted as speaking out vehemently against the quota proposals, calling them "discriminatory."
French sports minister Chantal Jouanno wants a probe into the allegations to be completed by the end of next week.
"I hope, once again, that we will get some good news ... that all of this was a nightmare and it wasn't true," Thuram said. "I fear that it's true and that we're in the middle of something very serious."
Blanc maintains that those present were merely raising the issue of dual nationality that sees players profit from France's training academies before deciding to play for the country of their origin.
"That 26 players out of 30 who go through (the national training academy at) Clairefontaine then join a (different) national team, does that not shock you?" Mombaerts told L'Equipe's website. "We've put together national infrastructures that serve others."
Thuram distanced himself from Blanc and Mombaerts by refuting that theory.
"First of all it's a false problem because the best players will be taken on by France. The others, who won't be kept on, will naturally go and play for other countries," Thuram said. "It's the France team which is given priority. The ones who go on to play for another country are the ones France didn't want."
Thuram cites the current France team as an example.
"(Karim) Benzema plays for which country? (Samir) Nasri plays for which country?" Thuram added. "So all of this is a false problem from the outset. When you have the wrong idea from the beginning, you end up giving the wrong answer."
Jouanno said the dual nationality issue is dangerous because "you then spill over into the issue of people's origins."
France midfielder Alou Diarra defended Blanc.
"Laurent Blanc is not a racist. I don't see anything racist in his comments," Diarra said on Canal Plus television. "I see a frustrated (national team) coach."
Diarra turned down an approach to play for Mali earlier in his career.
Thuram, who has campaigned against racism, feels French society still harbours long-standing prejudices.
"When will we emerge from this cycle? When will we escape from these prejudices about skin colour?" Thuram said. "When will we understand that it's not because you're black that you run faster than someone else? It's not because you're black that you're less intelligent than someone else."
The former leader of the far-right National Front party, Jean-Marie Le Pen, shocked many in Europe by reaching the runoff of France's 2002 presidential election on his anti-immigrant, anti-EU platform.
His daughter, Marine Le Pen, has taken over as National Front leader and is expected to run in the next election. She has also adopted an anti-immigration stance.
Federation President Fernand Duchaussoy, meanwhile, maintained there is no approval of quotas within his organization.
"It's neither our philosophy nor our culture," Duchaussoy said on Telefoot.
Instead, Duchaussoy said, there could be a Machiavellian plot against Blanc within the FFF.
Under Blanc, France has started winning again and — up until last week's allegations — had successfully restored its image in the eyes of fans following last year's World Cup debacle in South Africa under former coach Raymond Domenech.
"You can have doubts about what's happening. You can imagine that because the France team is playing pretty well and (has) restored a certain image," Duchaussoy said. "Maybe, in a way, there is an attempt to destabilize the France team."

But former France midfielder Jean-Michel Larqué fears that French football is now mirroring the rise of the far-right.
"Talking about quotas, about (Arabs), about (blacks), about people who take advantage of France to go and wear the jersey of another country," Larqué told RMC radio on Sunday. "Football doesn't escape from the Le Pen-isation of society."

Ginobilly
05-02-2011, 11:52 AM
LOL France

LOL white French boys not being able to compete

They should just accept they blow and embrace the minorities in their system, after all their best players are minorities: Zidane (former), Nasri, Benzema, Malouda, Anelka, Evra, Sagna, Clichy... lol, without them the French national team would be atrocious.

Why is it that the only white boys that could compete are from Spain? Spain always has the token Black, Asian, or Latino on the team though, but all of their superstars are ethnic Spanish though. I think France needs a better system of developing and encouraging local white talent to step up to the plate, kinda like Spain. I'm pretty sure that in Spain you have millions of youth practicing the moves of Villa, Iniesta, Xavi, and being influenced by them. Kinda how an African American team from the US in the summer of 92, influenced a nation forever of the beauty and poetry that is Basketball.

ALVAREZ6
05-02-2011, 12:07 PM
Why is it that the only white boys that could compete are from Spain? Spain always has the token Black, Asian, or Latino on the team though, but all of their superstars are ethnic Spanish though. I think France needs a better system of developing and encouraging local white talent to step up to the plate, kinda like Spain. I'm pretty sure that in Spain you have millions of youth practicing the moves of Villa, Iniesta, Xavi, and being influenced by them. Kinda how an African American team from the US in the summer of 92, influenced a nation forever of the beauty and poetry that is Basketball.

England, Argentina, Germany, Netherlands, Italy, etc.

This post is stupid on other levels as well.

Ginobilly
05-02-2011, 12:33 PM

Oh really??

England's white boys= haven't won shit since 66.
Argentina= their beaners haven't won since my beaner ass was born and Mr. hand of God was last in shape.
Germany = Their goofy Aryan asses haven't won since the destruction of the Berlin wall.
Netherlands= The Dallas Mavericks of World Cup soccer.

Italy = Can't argue with you about Italy, they have taken care of business in the past( 4 titles) and up until recently, with the majority being ethnic Italian.

Ginobilly
05-02-2011, 12:55 PM

Funny you left off France?:lmao Because their *1998 World Cup title clearly belongs to the African nations that Zidane and Henry descend from.

ALVAREZ6
05-02-2011, 01:28 PM
Funny you left off France?:lmao Because their *1998 World Cup title clearly belongs to the African nations that Zidane and Henry descend from.

I left it out France because it's pretty obvious that it is the subject of the thread. In any case, a quick wiki search reveals this:

Malouda, Abidal, Vieira, Gallas, Makélelé, Henry, Thuram....yeah, that starting lineup vs. Italy in 2006 was 75% black.

hater
05-02-2011, 01:34 PM
just wait till Ghadafi opens the floodgates of Africa.

lefty
05-02-2011, 01:47 PM
The 98 France team should have won the African Cup of Nations.

They got robbed, fucking FIFA and fucking technicalities

Brazil
05-02-2011, 04:51 PM
That's kind of racist too.

how so ?

It's like a nba club spending money to develop a player and the guy signs with another team (see Ian M). What do you think about the club who spent the money and trained the guy ?
That was not a clever investment.

Now imagine money coming from your tax payments spend on a young player to see him play for another country. thats pretty dumb.

The whole story is not about racism but just investing wisely the state money.

Brazil
05-02-2011, 04:54 PM

Thats a funny post. Why would it be important to encourage local white talent ??? doesn't make sense.

Zidane and co are french born and raised in France.

Ginobilly
05-02-2011, 05:20 PM
Thats a funny post. Why would it be important to encourage local white talent ??? doesn't make sense.

Zidane and co are french born and raised in France.

Because the Local white talent is "France". They're the founding genetic fathers of the French people. We in the US are spoiled because we live in a heterogeneous society of many cultures and ethnicities. We could cheer for whoever we want and it wouldn't make a difference because we are all mixed. Homogenous societies, like France, (which is down to 60% of ethnic French) really benefit if they start seeing some of their own making it big in Soccer again. I mean, come on, the French have lacked confidence ever sense Napoleon took over France.

It doesn't feel the same I guess. Picture that you are the ruler of a homogenous society. You enter a contest to win a trophy of some kind, but instead of sending your home grown talent, you send some super jacked freak athletes from a different country, or they are only part of that ethnicity. I guess victory and relatedness doesn't feel the same as when a group of your "good ole ethnic" boys wins it. I think it's a message (by the French people) to all the all French ethnic white boys, to stop being pussies and to man the fuck up. That's what it comes down to!

resistanze
05-02-2011, 06:18 PM
Because the Local white talent is "France". They're the founding genetic fathers of the French people. We in the US are spoiled because we live in a heterogeneous society of many cultures and ethnicities. We could cheer for whoever we want and it wouldn't make a difference because we are all mixed. Homogenous societies, like France, (which is down to 60% of ethnic French) really benefit if they start seeing some of their own making it big in Soccer again. I mean, come on, the French have lacked confidence ever sense Napoleon took over France.

It doesn't feel the same I guess. Picture that you are the ruler of a homogenous society. You enter a contest to win a trophy of some kind, but instead of sending your home grown talent, you send some super jacked freak athletes from a different country, or they are only part of that ethnicity. I guess victory and relatedness doesn't feel the same as when a group of your "good ole ethnic" boys wins it. I think it's a message (by the French people) to all the all French ethnic white boys, to stop being pussies and to man the fuck up. That's what it comes down to!
The US is only 12% black but the USA basketball team is entirely entirely black. I doubt you'll see a movement in the States encouraging young tall white boys to 'man the fuck up' and play basketball :lol

lefty
05-02-2011, 06:22 PM
how so ?It's like a nba club spending money to develop a player and the guy signs with another team (see Ian M). What do you think about the club who spent the money and trained the guy ?
Well, if the 100% Fench players didnt suck so much, bi-national players who decide to play for the country of their parents wouldnt be such a problem

We're still friends, Brazil, right?

Right? :(

lefty
05-02-2011, 06:41 PM
Football chiefs accused of setting racial quotas

French football chiefs were accused Thursday of using secret quotas to limit the number of Black and Arab players in training programmes. French national team coach Laurent Blanc denies allegations that he supported the quotas.
By Carla WESTERHEIDE (http://www.france24.com/en/category/tags-auteurs/carla-westerheide) (video)
Sophie PILGRIM (http://www.france24.com/en/category/tags-auteurs/sophie-pilgrim) (text)

French investigative website Médiapart published a report Thursday (http://www.mediapart.fr/journal/france/280411/exclusive-french-football-chiefs-plan-whiten-les-bleus?page_article=4) that claimed to reveal a system of racial discrimination against young football players in national training programmes. Citing sources from within the French Football Federation (FFF), the website reported that academies had been asked to recruit no more than 30 percent of their players over the age of 12 or 13 from among Blacks or Arabs.
Médiapart, which became famous for leaking evidence concerning the Woerth-Bettencourt L’Oreal heiress scandal (http://www.france24.com/en/20100706-bettencourt-scandal-politics-cash-cosmetics) in 2010, says that its journalists were made aware of the alleged quota by “internal sources at the FFF [who are] scandalised by the process”.

Médiapart says that “numerous” sources told them of a meeting of the FFF’s National Development Programme (DTN) on 8 November 2010, when the secret quota was proposed. According to the same sources, French national team coach Laurent Blanc responded favourably to the proposition, citing Les Bleus’ Spanish counterparts – the current world champions – as a team “that doesn’t have any problems and doesn’t have any Blacks”.

According to Médiapart’s report, the proposal was approved in early 2011 and instructions have already been sent to training academies and schools, notably the French national centre at Clairefontaine.

"Odious and racist suspicions": national team chief press officer Philippe Tournon speaks on behalf of coach Laurent Blanc.

The president of the FFF, Fernand Duchaussoy, immediately denied the allegations, saying he had “never heard anything about it” and that “it would be totally abnormal for that to be going on”, in an interview with AFP on Thursday.

Coach Blanc also denied the claims in a message via Les Bleus’ chief press officer, Philippe Tournon. In an interview with FRANCE 24 on Thursday evening, Tournon said that Blanc had rejected the “odious and racist” suggestions, insisting that “this idea of quotas holds no water at all”.

Prayer mats and Halal off the menu

According to Médiapart, this is not the first time players of foreign origin have been discriminated against. The website reports that, in 1997, young North African players had their bags searched by DTN officials, allegedly to check that they were not carrying prayer mats. It also reported accounts of DTN officials referring to Muslim players as Islamists or Saracens.

André Merelle, former head of the French national training centre at Clairefontaine, said on Thursday that the DTN had tried to reduce the number of players of African descent in the early 1990s. “There was no official quota policy at the time," he told RDC French sports radio. “But a reflection about the numbers of Blacks and Arabs. According to [DTN officials] … there were too many.”

Former Marseille president Pape Diouf, who is Black, told RDC on Thursday that he was not surprised about the allegations. “The truth is the following,” he said: “French football is a reflection of [French] society. French football is racist.”

Trouble ahead

Blanc has already been accused of courting controversy since taking on the role of French national coach last summer. One of the first things he did as boss was to ban Halal meat from players’ meals.

He has often and openly complained of dual nationality players who choose to play for another country after being trained in France.

Spokesman Tournon attempted to shift the focus onto this issue when defending Blanc in an interview with AFP on Thursday. “One of the problems evoked by Laurent Blanc is the double nationality issue, namely when players who benefit from a three-year stint in a French national training centre then go abroad and play for other teams," he said. "But to reduce that to an article headlined ‘There are too many Blacks and Arabs’ is simply unbelievable. And it's not going to sit well with Blanc.”

France's minister of sport, Chantal Jouanno, demanded answers “without delay” from the FFF in a statement on Thursday, saying that she acknowledged the federation’s denial but that they must “very quickly shed light on the article's allegations”.

Médiapart, meanwhile, claims to have irrefutable evidence to back its allegations that it says it will reveal in the coming days.

DAF86
05-02-2011, 09:11 PM
how so ?

It's like a nba club spending money to develop a player and the guy signs with another team (see Ian M). What do you think about the club who spent the money and trained the guy ?

Now imagine money coming from your tax payments spend on a young player to see him play for another country. thats pretty dumb.

How so? I think it's pretty clear how so. What you said is that the French federation will try to limit his investments to French players only, therefore discriminating the rest of the kids that live in France. Federations shouldn't make that kind of distinction they should just treat every child the same way. It shouldn't matter what nationality a kid has. Imagine if Barcelona would have done the same to Messi 'cause he isn't Spanish.

ALVAREZ6
05-02-2011, 09:52 PM
How so? I think it's pretty clear how so. What you said is that the French federation will try to limit his investments to French players only, therefore discriminating the rest of the kids that live in France. Federations shouldn't make that kind of distinction they should just treat every child the same way. It shouldn't matter what nationality a kid has. Imagine if Barcelona would have done the same to Messi 'cause he isn't Spanish.

I'm pretty sure it isn't about the domestic leagues, but rather the national team. If so, it makes sense.

"who can change of NT (national team)" ..."who will play for France"

sonic21
05-03-2011, 01:03 AM
Well, if the 100% Fench players didnt suck so much, bi-national players who decide to play for the country of their parents wouldnt be such a problem

that's not really true.
those who are not good enough to play for the french NT then choose to play for the country of their parents. Nobody has a problem with that. For example, your guy Meghni always claimed he wanted to play for france before choosing Algeria.

Bi-national are not the problem and never will be.

Brazil
05-03-2011, 08:17 AM

The founding genetic fathers :lmao :lmao you're just a kkk bitch

I'd love to see how you would define a founding genetic fathers. When do we start ? at the Cro Magnon guy found in the South West of France who liked to paint stuff in Lascaux cave ?

We're still friends, Brazil, right?

Right? :(

What is the concept of 100% French ? There is no such a BS of 100% French.

I'm not more French than Zidane, sorry. BTW I do think considering what he has done for France he is more French than I am. BTW I'm a French bastard living in Brazil and paying tax in Brazil. BTW I'd love Ginobily try to explain to me what are the genetic fathers of Brazil ?... good luck with that.
BTW the so called issue of blacks in France team is a Lepen favorite, good fucking reference.

I'm pretty sure it isn't about the domestic leagues, but rather the national team. If so, it makes sense.

"who can change of NT (national team)" ..."who will play for France"

thanks Alvarez

lefty
05-03-2011, 08:30 AM
Well....

Neal rapERIOD

ALVAREZ6
05-03-2011, 10:00 AM
http://www.thenovakz.com.php5-6.dfw1-2.websitetestlink.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/image001.gif

:lmao :lmao :lmao

only lefty

lefty
05-03-2011, 10:14 AM
:lol

DAF86
05-03-2011, 04:15 PM

I didn't see anything there that said it was about the national team (maybe I'm getting lost in translation), but if it is about the NT the answer should be easy, ask the kid where does he want to play, once a player plays for a national team that player can't perform for another country, it's very simple.

In Argentina we had a similar case a couple of months ago with an Argentinian born kid that was living in Paraguay. The federation asked him where did he want to play and he said "for Argentina", and that was it, not AFA nor the Paraguayan federation made any more fuss about it.

Brazil
05-03-2011, 04:45 PM
I didn't see anything there that said it was about the national team (maybe I'm getting lost in translation), but if it is about the NT the answer should be easy, ask the kid where does he want to play, once a player plays for a national team that player can't perform for another country, it's very simple.

In Argentina we had a similar case a couple of months ago with an Argentinian born kid that was living in Paraguay. The federation asked him where did he want to play and he said "for Argentina", and that was it, not AFA nor the Paraguayan federation made any more fuss about it.

Of course it's for NT it doesn't make sense for private teams because they have contracts to protect their assets.

The issue raised in France is: there is no problem if a young player after being trained by federal structures chose another country to play if federal structure finally thinks he has no chance to play for France NT.

Nevertheless there is an issue when a player decides to play for another country very young. We have cases in France when a young player of 15 years old has been trained during 4 / 5 years for free within french federal structure, who finally decides to play for another country despite the fact french federation consider he could play for France.

ALVAREZ6
05-03-2011, 04:49 PM
I wouldn't wanna play for France either, Gonzalo made the right decision :lol

diego
05-03-2011, 05:41 PM
Nevertheless there is an issue when a player decides to play for another country very young. We have cases in France when a young player of 15 years old has been trained during 4 / 5 years for free within french federal structure, who finally decides to play for another country despite the fact french federation consider he could play for France.

yeah, that makes sense, but isnt it the federation's responsibility to choose players to develop? why do they need quotas or to use race/religion as a filter to determine who will likely leave for another NT? Also, for every player that leaves, how many pan out and help the french NT? it seems to me that immigrant players have been a positive influence in french football, and seems a little silly that they would use an arbitrary quota to limit their involvement on the fears that some might get away from them. Since when are investments guaranteed, much less in sport where a freak injury can change everything?

lefty
05-03-2011, 05:58 PM
Of course it's for NT it doesn't make sense for private teams because they have contracts to protect their assets.

The issue raised in France is: there is no problem if a young player after being trained by federal structures chose another country to play if federal structure finally thinks he has no chance to play for France NT.

Hey if his parents have paid their taxes, why not ?

:D

Spurologist
05-03-2011, 09:58 PM
how so ?

So what you are defining is what a french person actually is. So just because you are black, we won't spend money on you because we don't think you are french and you will probably decide to play for another national team anyway. Instead, we are just gonna focus on the whites. What France is doing is alienated its own people by saying that we don't think you are truly french enough so we will put our money only on whites. You see how some people can perceive it to be racist?

The French are feeling some heat for that bullshit and are trying to do damage control.

ALVAREZ6
05-03-2011, 10:18 PM
So what you are defining is what a french person actually is. So just because you are black, we won't spend money on you because we don't think you are french and you will probably decide to play for another national team anyway. Instead, we are just gonna focus on the whites. What France is doing is alienated its own people by saying that we don't think you are truly french enough so we will put our money only on whites. You see how some people can perceive it to be racist?

The French are feeling some heat for that bullshit and are trying to do damage control.

and to add, France as a whole have done a good job of alienating certain groups over and over again. But such is the case is many places. Just weird to see it in sports, whether or not intentional.

Ginobilly
05-03-2011, 10:31 PM
The founding genetic fathers :lmao :lmao you're just a kkk bitch

I'd love to see how you would define a founding genetic fathers. When do we start ? at the Cro Magnon guy found in the South West of France who liked to paint stuff in Lascaux cave ?

What is the concept of 100% French ? There is no such a BS of 100% French.

You hit the nail right in the head buddy, that's exactly who I'm talking about.

Modern Europeans are the descendants of Cro-Magnon man and Neanderthals.

Italy's, Germany's, England's, and Spain's Cro-Magnums have 9 legit titles combined, Brazil is the daddy with 5, Those pesky, annoying Nazi South Americans have 4 combined, and Africa has 1. It would validate France's *98 Championship if they were to win all again with at least the majority being "ethnic" French.( Like how Italy and Spain recently did it) Kinda like how Tim Duncan validated the Spurs 99 championship when he led the Spurs to the title again in 03.

I'm an American of mixed ancestry by the way(Anglo, Mexican, Native-American, and black). I'm not racist at all, I just call em like I see em. It's okay if you need the help of some brothers from the motherland; in order to compete with the more physical and tougher cro-magnon men from Germany, Holland, and Spain. It has nothing with race, but rather psychological with the French. French society has pussyfied Ethnic French men that I think they could never regain their confidence again. They're the same race as those other countries, so they have no excuses not to put at least 90/95% ethnic national successful teams out there.

Brazil
05-04-2011, 08:58 AM
yeah, that makes sense, but isnt it the federation's responsibility to choose players to develop? why do they need quotas or to use race/religion as a filter to determine who will likely leave for another NT? Also, for every player that leaves, how many pan out and help the french NT? it seems to me that immigrant players have been a positive influence in french football, and seems a little silly that they would use an arbitrary quota to limit their involvement on the fears that some might get away from them. Since when are investments guaranteed, much less in sport where a freak injury can change everything?

Just to clear things up, I'm not saying the debate is right and we need to do something about that by implementing restrictions or increasing selection criteria. I was just explaining that the whole stuff has nothing to do with racism but with investing money wisely. Laurent Blanc is not a racist guy by any mean, the whole scandal is BS.

Then I do agree with your post, quotas are not the solution and every investment has a part of risks and in the case of France it worth it (see Zidane).

Now for instance I do think if a young player accepts to play for let's the sub 17 years old France NT he shouldn't be able to change his mind and play for another country 2 years later unless there is an agreement of the French federation considering his potential.

I do agree regarding the feeling people can have. Point is, it was an internal discussion there was a leak and the interpretation of all that stuff is wrong. Nobody is stupid enough (unless your name is Lepen) in France to try to limit the number of guys who enable us to win a WC.

You hit the nail right in the head buddy, that's exactly who I'm talking about.

Modern Europeans are the descendants of Cro-Magnon man and Neanderthals.

Italy's, Germany's, England's, and Spain's Cro-Magnums have 9 legit titles combined, Brazil is the daddy with 5, Those pesky, annoying Nazi South Americans have 4 combined, and Africa has 1. It would validate France's *98 Championship if they were to win all again with at least the majority being "ethnic" French.( Like how Italy and Spain recently did it) Kinda like how Tim Duncan validated the Spurs 99 championship when he led the Spurs to the title again in 03.

I'm an American of mixed ancestry by the way(Anglo, Mexican, Native-American, and black). I'm not racist at all, I just call em like I see em. It's okay if you need the help of some brothers from the motherland; in order to compete with the more physical and tougher cro-magnon men from Germany, Holland, and Spain. It has nothing with race, but rather psychological with the French. French society has pussyfied Ethnic French men that I think they could never regain their confidence again. They're the same race as those other countries, so they have no excuses not to put at least 90/95% ethnic national successful teams out there.

Dude I don't even know where I have to begin.

First of all Cro Magnon is tied with African Mechta and Afalou, it seems that the fathers of Cro Magnon are African :lol
Second it has been demonstrated for instance that the Basques in France or Spain have nothing to do with Cro Magnon and guess what they are white "caucasian" european. The feeling that Cro Magnon represent the Europeans is at best a floklore, there is absolutely 0 evidence whatsoever.

There is no such BS of Ethnic French men. At the end of the line a white guy isn't more french than a black guy like a fucking basque isn't less french than I am.

Your argument about genetic fathers is dumb as hell.

France NT could be 100% black and I would consider that this is my team and my country. I really don't give a shit if white guys are not part of my team. NT teams are not here to respect the % of blacks, whites, yellows... of the country. There is only Spain in Europe to care about the number of whites or basques within a team.

Brazil
05-04-2011, 09:05 AM
I wouldn't wanna play for France either, Gonzalo made the right decision :lol

Right now I'd choose Argentina too :lol

Evra and co need to gtfo the France NT, they are all quiters, they all shitted on an "old" respected institution. They really can kiss my ass and just limit themselves to make money in Spain, England and Germany to help their multi millionaire teams to win more titles.

I prefer 10 years of disgrace than seeing these fuckers wearing a French jersey

Brazil
05-04-2011, 09:14 AM
Hey if his parents have paid their taxes, why not ?

:D

It's actually a very interesting point you made.

In my case for instance, I'm the product of the french free education system and I'm living in Brazil paying taxes in Brazil. Now you and I could consider that I took advantage of the French system and there is no payback for France. Of course my parents pay their taxes but as they have limited revenues they have low income tax to pay, all in all I received more from France system than my parents and I contributed (thats the beauty of France) and I used that for another country.

Well my case is special because I'm working for a French company and I worked in France 10 years but I have some friends that started their carreer abroad in a non french company and they will never come back. In their cases France just throw money through the window (thats provocative but not that much)

lefty
05-04-2011, 09:42 AM
Here is an interesting interview with Aimé Jacquet, 98 France coach, dating from 2005:

It's in French, so Brazil will translate it for us :D

Foot Africa : Les règles relatives à la nationalité des jeunes joueurs ont changé fin 2003. Certains joueurs formés en France (Sissoko, Kanouté) ont opté pour la sélection de leur pays d'origine et d'autres (comme Ben Saada) pourraient le faire. Cela ne bouleverse-t-il pas la donne en matière de détection des jeunes talents ?
Aimé Jacquet : Cela ne bouleverse rien. Notre système s'adresse à des garçons qui se destinent à l'excellence. Soit l'équipe de France, qui est le but de la plupart d'entre eux parce qu'ils sont nés en France, soit l'équipe de leur pays d'origine, si l'équipe de France ne leur est pas accessible. Je trouve très positif qu'ils puissent choisir entre deux voies vers l'excellence. Même si cela peut poser des problèmes dans notre réflexion un petit peu plus « franco-française ». Contrairement à ce qu'on croit, le Français est ouvert au monde. Même si, comme partout, il y a des cons qui sont racistes… Nous n'avons jamais regardé les origines de nos jeunes joueurs et j'interdis à mes entraîneurs de le faire ! On détecte les meilleurs jeunes, on les forme, on leur donne la possibilité de se réinsérer socialement s'ils ne peuvent pas atteindre le haut niveau. Même s'ils choisissent l'équipe de leur pays d'origine, ils seront reconnaissants au football français de ce qu'il a fait pour eux… Ce qui ne les empêchera pas de venir battre l'équipe de France quand même ! (rires)

Ces règles vont donc dans le bon sens…
Oui ! Dans le monde actuel, on a bien besoin de ça. Le sport reste assez ouvert et montre un certain exemple, même s'il y aura toujours des racistes. L'important, c'est que le football passe car c'est un moyen de convivialité, d'expression, de rassemblement fantastique. Et c'est le sport populaire par excellence. Le seul risque, et les instances ont d'ailleurs mis le holà, venait des naturalisations abusives, comme au Qatar. C'était une dérive dangereuse ! Globalement, je dirais donc que les décisions prises par la FIFA sont très bonnes.

On l'a aussi vu avec l'exemple de Zinédine Zidane en Algérie : ces règles de nationalité concourent au rapprochement des peuples…
Oui, elles encouragent le respect mutuel…

lefty
05-04-2011, 09:45 AM
It's actually a very interesting point you made.

In my case for instance, I'm the product of the french free education system and I'm living in Brazil paying taxes in Brazil. Now you and I could consider that I took advantage of the French system and there is no payback for France. Of course my parents pay their taxes but as they have limited revenues they have low income tax to pay, all in all I received more from France system than my parents and I contributed (thats the beauty of France) and I used that for another country.

Well my case is special because I'm working for a French company and I worked in France 10 years but I have some friends that started their carreer abroad in a non french company and they will never come back. In their cases France just throw money through the window (thats provocative but not that much)
:tu

By the way, are you going to Detroit ?

Ginobilly
05-04-2011, 11:09 AM
Just to clear things up, I'm not saying the debate is right and we need to do something about that by implementing restrictions or increasing selection criteria. I was just explaining that the whole stuff has nothing to do with racism but with investing money wisely. Laurent Blanc is not a racist guy by any mean, the whole scandal is BS.

Then I do agree with your post, quotas are not the solution and every investment has a part of risks and in the case of France it worth it (see Zidane).

Now for instance I do think if a young player accepts to play for let's the sub 17 years old France NT he shouldn't be able to change his mind and play for another country 2 years later unless there is an agreement of the French federation considering his potential.

I do agree regarding the feeling people can have. Point is, it was an internal discussion there was a leak and the interpretation of all that stuff is wrong. Nobody is stupid enough (unless your name is Lepen) in France to try to limit the number of guys who enable us to win a WC.

Dude I don't even know where I have to begin.

First of all Cro Magnon is tied with African Mechta and Afalou, it seems that the fathers of Cro Magnon are African :lol
Second it has been demonstrated for instance that the Basques in France or Spain have nothing to do with Cro Magnon and guess what they are white "caucasian" european. The feeling that Cro Magnon represent the Europeans is at best a floklore, there is absolutely 0 evidence whatsoever.

There is no such BS of Ethnic French men. At the end of the line a white guy isn't more french than a black guy like a fucking basque isn't less french than I am.

Your argument about genetic fathers is dumb as hell.

France NT could be 100% black and I would consider that this is my team and my country. I really don't give a shit if white guys are not part of my team. NT teams are not here to respect the % of blacks, whites, yellows... of the country. There is only Spain in Europe to care about the number of whites or basques within a team.

How is it dumb as hell? You know that I'm talking about the original inhabitants of the French country (Basques, Homo-erectus, caucasians, etc, whatever). The fact of the matter is that they can't get it done for whatever reason with their French dudes.:lmao No wonder white French women would rather go with a French brother, or a French Muslim, instead their goofy white boys. You'll lack testicular fortitude. France= The Dallas Mavericks of world history!:lmao

:lmao France loosing to Mexico in cico de mayo!

Brazil
05-04-2011, 01:13 PM
How is it dumb as hell? You know that I'm talking about the original inhabitants of the French country (Basques, Homo-erectus, caucasians, etc, whatever).

Good you're making progress abandonning the genetic fathers bullshit now you are on the "original inhabitants" ? you don't even know how defining that. I'll try to sum up your thought for you a french guy is white. thats some serious flawed logic right there. breaking news you're wrong.

The fact of the matter is that they can't get it done for whatever reason with their French dudes.:lmao No wonder white French women would rather go with a French brother, or a French Muslim, instead their goofy white boys. You'll lack testicular fortitude. France= The Dallas Mavericks of world history!:lmao

nice the whitty weak dude smack, white boys can't jump and their penis is small. too funny. The fact you are using funny smileys don't help you to hide your stupidity.

:lmao France loosing to Mexico in cico de mayo!

you think you are on the nba forum ? 4 rings faggot and stuff ?
:lmao :lol
:cry loosing to Mexico :cry

Ginobilly
05-04-2011, 09:35 PM
Good you're making progress abandonning the genetic fathers bullshit now you are on the "original inhabitants" ? you don't even know how defining that. I'll try to sum up your thought for you a french guy is white. thats some serious flawed logic right there. breaking news you're wrong.

nice the whitty weak dude smack, white boys can't jump and their penis is small. too funny. The fact you are using funny smileys don't help you to hide your stupidity.

you think you are on the nba forum ? 4 rings faggot and stuff ?
:lmao :lol
:cry loosing to Mexico :cry

I'm just talking BS man don't take this too serious. But seriously though, France should allow whoever could play soccer for their national team, regardless of their biological race, ethnicity, whatever. France needs all the help they can get if they want to contend for the 2014 world cup. But deep down I know the French wished their players could be all cool and shit like the Spanish/Italian players; (pimps:hat) getting all the chicks, glory, and trophies.:lobt: But in the end, everybody wishes they could like Brazilian players of old::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::hat:hat

And I never said that white boys couldn't jump or play. The problem with the French is that they have gotten lazy in raising their young males to exceed in sports. Countries like Germany, Spain, Italy, England, Holland, culturally put more pressure, and challenges for their young males to exceed in physical sports. It's no coincidence that the majority of championships have come from those countries. I bet anything that many more youth in Spain, Germany, and Italy are hard at work at the pitch emulating the moves of Iniesta, and working on their games. While the French youth are probably eating pastries and playing Nintendo Wii.

ALVAREZ6
05-05-2011, 12:59 AM
^^^straight out of your ass^^^

CROFL at making the biggest stretch argument based on the tiny sample size of recent world cups. Recent: past 1-2 decades. Frequency: once every 4 years.

sonic21
05-05-2011, 03:54 AM
And I never said that white boys couldn't jump or play. The problem with the French is that they have gotten lazy in raising their young males to exceed in sports. Countries like Germany, Spain, Italy, England, Holland, culturally put more pressure, and challenges for their young males to exceed in physical sports. It's no coincidence that the majority of championships have come from those countries. I bet anything that many more youth in Spain, Germany, and Italy are hard at work at the pitch emulating the moves of Iniesta, and working on their games. While the French youth are probably eating pastries and playing Nintendo Wii.

:lmao

France has never been a great football nation and never will be. They had great generations (kopa, platini, zidane). They suck in the 90s, 70s, 60s. They will never compete in every WC. Only Brazil, germany, italy and maybe argentina will always have good teams (also Italy i'm not so sure anymore LOL Italy). France are like Spain and Holland, they will sometimes have a shot at winning the WC but won't always be elite.

France right now have good players and i think if Laurent Blanc is doing a decent job, they are only behind Brazil, Spain, Germany, Holland and Argentina (at the same level of England, Portugal, Italy, Mexico) . That's not so bad.

Brazil
05-05-2011, 08:09 AM
I'm just talking BS man don't take this too serious. But seriously though, France should allow whoever could play soccer for their national team, regardless of their biological race, ethnicity, whatever. France needs all the help they can get if they want to contend for the 2014 world cup. But deep down I know the French wished their players could be all cool and shit like the Spanish/Italian players; (pimps:hat) getting all the chicks, glory, and trophies.:lobt: But in the end, everybody wishes they could like Brazilian players of old::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::hat:hat

:lmao I don't take stuff too seriously bur you're so full of fail.

You know absolutely nothing about France, Europe and sports in general

Countries like Germany, Spain, Italy, England, Holland, culturally put more pressure, and challenges for their young males to exceed in physical sports. It's no coincidence that the majority of championships have come from those countries.:lmao

lefty
06-02-2011, 10:00 AM
France youth coach warned over quota scandal

(AFP) – 2 days ago

PARIS — The French football federation on Tuesday issued a "warning" to National Technical Director Francois Blaquart over a controversial plan to introduce quotas for dual-nationality players in the France national football team.

Blaquart, responsible for the youth coaching policy in France, had been suspended pending the outcome of the probe into the plan, which the coach had said was now abandoned.

The federation's deputy director general, Andre Prevosto, received a six-day ban, sources close to the inquiry also told AFP.

The inquiry came about after the influential Mediapart website claimed that top management at the federation, including France manager Laurent Blanc, secretly discussed and approved "unofficial discriminatory quotas" at a meeting last November to limit the number of black and Arab players coming through their national training programmes to 30 percent.