PDA

View Full Version : sagging off your man

Fabbs
04-29-2011, 05:31 PM
leaving your assigned defender/your assigned zone area to go help.

leading to your man being wide open and scoring.

It's happened numerous times with the Spurs, particularly Tony Parker and Soft Dick but also George Hill has gotten in on the *action*.

If you're going to leave you man and help double that's one thing, but i'm talking about meandering off your man (mentally and phys) and floating around and getting caught red handed as the player/area you were supposed to guard is now left for the easy score. Parkers leaving Tony Allen for the game winning wide open 3 (when Spurs ahead by 2, thus OT at worst) was the worst memorable (and costly) one, but again I've seen he, Soft Dick and Hill do it multiple times this series.

It's chronic.
What is up with that?

FalleNxWiZarDx
04-29-2011, 05:35 PM
Pop's defence system :

Help Defence

You leave your guy to help out the person with the ball, but your other mate must rotate to the open guy aswell...

its all about rotations with pops system......

Fabbs
04-29-2011, 05:38 PM
Nooo. The plays i saw were not "failure to rotate" by teamates.
And Parker, Dick and Hill really did not commit to helping anyway.
It's like they went halfway and then vegged.

Not at all.

HarlemHeat37
04-29-2011, 06:56 PM
Jefferson has been the worst for this..he's constantly over-helping and leaving his man wide open, particularly Battier..

FuzzyLumpkins
04-29-2011, 07:02 PM
With Gasol and Randolph in the post you are going to get this. Quit crying about open shooters and look to those two's shooting percentage in the post.

As those two go, Memphis goes. i can live with Conley beating us because we forced it out of Randolph's hands in the post.

Tighten the rotations, be quick and alert.

Seventyniner
04-29-2011, 07:48 PM
Will Pop change things up and start having Parker and Hill fight through screens set for Conley? Not every time, but occasionally to keep Conley out of a comfort zone.

Obstructed_View
04-29-2011, 07:51 PM
Fabbs with the basketball knowledge: Don't leave you man. :lol

Moron.

Fabbs
04-29-2011, 08:06 PM
http://oligoclonal.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/20091009163519ralph_wiggum.pngLeave your man so he can score and the Spurs can lose the game.
I'm hungry.

Fabbs
04-29-2011, 08:10 PM
Will Pop change things up and start having Parker and Hill fight through screens set for Conley? Not every time, but occasionally to keep Conley out of a comfort zone.
This too.