PDA

View Full Version : Greg Poppovich should win COY hands down

Axe Murderer
04-29-2011, 09:51 PM
Seriously, how he got this team to win 61 games was amazing. Whether it was Bonner or Blair starting, the Spurs had 2 huge liabilities out there in the starting lineup with Jefferson as the other, yet he was able to mask them brilliantly.

Outside of an end-of-the-line Duncan their frontline was nonexistent, yet he created a scheme where they were able to pull out 61 wins. Just incredible really. This team was nowhere near a contender but he still turned them into a #1 seed with a guard heavy lineup.

I've always liked Pop but my respect for him just went up tremendously.

jeebus
04-29-2011, 09:55 PM
I can't stop reading this thread. My eyes are filled with tears and I'm sobbing so hard right now.

Ed Lover
04-29-2011, 09:58 PM
c'mon son

Gregg Popovich should explain why it looks like somebody lit his face on fire and tried to put it out with a shank

Axe Murderer
04-29-2011, 09:58 PM
I can't stop reading this thread. My eyes are filled with tears and I'm sobbing so hard right now.

:cry

thanks brah, recommend to a friend or two please. i want this thread to get out there

Greg Oden
04-29-2011, 10:01 PM
5 star thread, will forward to the voters for further examination

i MAke GOod POlls
04-29-2011, 10:07 PM
can't ever tell when the OP's being serious

i dont even think he cares tbh

Axe Murderer
04-29-2011, 10:09 PM
:lmao there's no way that sad sack of shit team shouldve had 61 wins. Pop pulled a miracle.

this thread bettter be moved to the fucking classic section srs tbh

Kyle Orton
04-29-2011, 10:17 PM
5 star coaching job

21_Blessings
04-29-2011, 10:33 PM
Agreed. Pop is a phenomenal coach. Made the most out a bunch of heartless, shitbirds.

Nathan89
04-29-2011, 10:34 PM
Pop is fucking terrible.

Isitjustme?
04-29-2011, 10:35 PM
I don't see any trolling here. The op is 100% accurate. I think he should have played Splitter and Duncan together more so they could have ready to play together in the playoffs but other than that he did an amazing job. The Spurs also got lucky to play a bunch of teams when their stars were injured.

DMC
04-29-2011, 10:39 PM
Been saying it all year. This team is last year - 1 Duncan year.

Pop did a great job changing the offense. They would have struggled to even make the playoffs otherwise.

Teams like this only win in the movies.

BlackSwordsMan
04-29-2011, 10:40 PM
I wrote your post on a paper tea letter and will mail it to my future self. :cry

JJ Hickson
04-29-2011, 11:12 PM
Agreed. How the hell did this piece of shit team full of a washed up "big 3" and soft jump shooters win so many regular season games? Well done Greg. Well done.

DMC
04-30-2011, 12:11 AM
I wrote your post on a paper tea letter and will mail it to my future self. :cry
At what address?

Axe Murderer
04-30-2011, 02:52 AM

black motherfuckin swordsman, always got love for ya dawg!!!

jag
04-30-2011, 04:25 AM
Not only did the Spurs win 61 games, Pop also did a remarkable job of managing Tim, Tony and Manu's minutes so they'd be in tip-top shape for the Real Season.

LkrFan
04-30-2011, 05:49 AM
Agreed. Pop is a phenomenal coach. Made the most out a bunch of heartless, shitbirds.

:lol

Get on AIM dawg!! :lmao

ManuBalboa
04-30-2011, 06:03 AM
5 Start thread.
Will print screen and paste into MS Paint.
Will then print out on multiple sheets of paper and place in a time capsule.
Will dig hole in my backyard and put time capsule in said hole.
Will wait around for 50 years.
After 50 years I will tell my grandson to dig up the hole in my backyard and read this thread OP.

jag
04-30-2011, 06:46 AM
5 Start thread.
Will print screen and paste into MS Paint.
Will then print out on multiple sheets of paper and place in a time capsule.
Will dig hole in my backyard and put time capsule in said hole.
Will wait around for 50 years.
After 50 years I will tell my grandson to dig up the hole in my backyard and read this thread OP.

5 Star post. Not sure who i will recommend it to, but they will be very important to me.

Stamm32089
04-30-2011, 08:43 AM
Seriously, how he got this team to win 61 games was amazing. Whether it was Bonner or Blair starting, the Spurs had 2 huge liabilities out there in the starting lineup with Jefferson as the other, yet he was able to mask them brilliantly.

Outside of an end-of-the-line Duncan their frontline was nonexistent, yet he created a scheme where they were able to pull out 61 wins. Just incredible really. This team was nowhere near a contender but he still turned them into a #1 seed with a guard heavy lineup.

I've always liked Pop but my respect for him just went up tremendously.

It's actually not that amazing at all. The Spurs avoided the injury bug all season. They were the healthiest team in the West and their record showed it.

21_Blessings
04-30-2011, 09:34 AM
It's actually not that amazing at all. The Spurs avoided the injury bug all season. They were the healthiest team in the West and their record showed it.

Shouldn't be amazing to Dallas/Suns fan. They wrote the book on empty 60 win seasons.

Mike Breen
04-30-2011, 11:29 AM
shouldn't be amazing to dallas/suns fan. They wrote the book on empty 60 win seasons.

baaaaaaaannnnnnngggggggggggg

Venti Quattro
04-30-2011, 11:30 AM
Shouldn't be amazing to Dallas/Suns fan. They wrote the book on empty 60 win seasons.

The Spurs have written a revised version of the book :rollin :lmao :rollin :lmao :rollin :lmao

Darrin
04-30-2011, 02:20 PM
I think when Chicago leap-frogged them, Pop lost any chance at the award. They had a larger turnaround, the coach is a rookie, they made it to the second round with the best chance of any team left at making the Conference Finals. I think it's Tom Thibodeau.

Ghazi
04-30-2011, 04:56 PM

:lol

DMC
04-30-2011, 06:37 PM
I think when Chicago leap-frogged them, Pop lost any chance at the award. They had a larger turnaround, the coach is a rookie, they made it to the second round with the best chance of any team left at making the Conference Finals. I think it's Tom Thibodeau.

Since the coach with the most wins in NBA history has only one CotY award, it seems geared more toward turn around seasons than overall results.