PDA

View Full Version : Say what you will ...

Blackjack
04-29-2011, 10:31 PM
but with the way the Grizz responded after losing the lead, they deserved to win this game and series.

Knew this team wasn't much better than last year without upgrading their perimeter or interior D, not playing the players that could potentially do so, but a first-round loss?

Not so much.

4>0rings
04-29-2011, 10:32 PM
Fuck this team

DPG21920
04-29-2011, 10:35 PM
Choke by the spurs. Unfrocking real. Complete meltdown by Tim and Manu w the to's

Obstructed_View
04-29-2011, 10:35 PM
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q228/GeneralPurpose/Spurstalk/5fa513fd.jpg

LakerHater
04-29-2011, 10:36 PM
Yup, Spurs took a 1 point lead & Memphis went on a 8-0 run...... They wanted it more & deserve it!!

SenorSpur
04-29-2011, 10:37 PM
You can't have 3 rotation players on the roster, who are passive, poor defenders and mentally weak. We all know who they are.

Cry Havoc
04-29-2011, 10:37 PM
but with the way Pop responded by playing Bonner the entire 3rd quarter, the Grizzlies deserved to win the game and the series.

Ftfy.

Obstructed_View
04-29-2011, 10:38 PM
Good defense always beats good offense. The Grizzlies have good defense. The Spurs have Matt Bonner and Antonio McDyess.

Pero
04-29-2011, 10:38 PM
Meh, I didn't expect a first round loss but I'm not that surprised. I'm more surprised so many people actually thought Spurs could win a championship by turning into a kind of version of the Suns.

BG_Spurs_Fan
04-29-2011, 10:39 PM
They were better and deserved it.

angelbelow
04-29-2011, 10:40 PM
Its okay.. i dont think we can beat the thunder, perhaps its better to go out now and save the heartache later.

Blackjack
04-29-2011, 10:42 PM
Ftfy.

Pop and Co. deserve every bit of credit for the 61 wins and the flameout.

Tried to reinvent the wheel and he (they) done got run over by it . . .

Nathan89
04-29-2011, 10:44 PM
Choke by the spurs. Unfrocking real. Complete meltdown by Tim and Manu w the to's

Even if we didn't choke on offense. Randolph scored every time.

SenorSpur
04-29-2011, 10:44 PM
Good defense always beats good offense. The Grizzlies have good defense. The Spurs have Matt Bonner and Antonio McDyess.

...don't forget RJ's sorry ass.

rasho8
04-29-2011, 10:45 PM

Hey give Bonner credit this game. ZBo had to be bailed by the refs when Bonner was humping his shit like it was Eva Longoria.

I actually give props to Bonner for this game.

But fuck RJ and fuck our shooting. Hill could have had a dagger with his fucking airball. Manu and TP just started jacking up shots whenever we sniffed the lead.

Obstructed_View
04-29-2011, 10:49 PM
Hey give Bonner credit this game. ZBo had to be bailed by the refs when Bonner was humping his shit like it was Eva Longoria.

I actually give props to Bonner for this game.

But fuck RJ and fuck our shooting. Hill could have had a dagger with his fucking airball. Manu and TP just started jacking up shots whenever we sniffed the lead.

Uh, I'm not sure why anyone's surprised by that. We knew this was the result during the offseason when Pop and RC were out there saying "we need shooters, we need shooters" when the rest of us are wondering where the defenders were.

rasho8
04-29-2011, 10:52 PM
Uh, I'm not sure why anyone's surprised by that. We knew this was the result during the offseason when Pop and RC were out there saying "we need shooters, we need shooters" when the rest of us are wondering where the defenders were.

Half of our brand new awesome defense was sitting his 7 foot ass on the bench for 90% of everything... thats what this season was supposed to do, bring in a second tower for another twin tower run. But you know... POP!!

KaiRMD1
04-29-2011, 11:20 PM
But honestly, who didn't know that we needed defense to win in the playoffs? Only the Suns and the Mavs from 03 could pull off run and gun to the WCF, the Spurs were never like that. After the All Star break, we f'd up somehow and it fell apart from there.

4down
04-29-2011, 11:36 PM
Pop got destroyed on that adjustment by Hollins. Taking Tony Allen out at that time was excellent situational management. He took him out to free up Z on offense and give him space, then put him back in to ice it when they secured that lead. meanwhile the Spurs decided to take what the defense gave them, and throw away the ball a couple times.

....and this

Half of our brand new awesome defense was sitting his 7 foot ass on the bench for 90% of everything... thats what this season was supposed to do, bring in a second tower for another twin tower run. But you know... POP!!