PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Grizzlies

ShoogarBear
04-29-2011, 10:37 PM
You thoroughly outplayed and outclassed the Spurs at every position from the head coach down to the 12th man.

You played tough and played defense. Playoff ball. Hope the Spurs learned something.

SenorSpur
04-29-2011, 10:39 PM
Congrats to the Grizz. They played like veterans and displayed the type of defense that the Spurs USED to be known for.

san antonio spurs
You thoroughly outplayed and outclassed the Spurs at every position from the head coach down to the 12th man.

You played tough and played defense. Playoff ball. Hope the Spurs learned something.

I agree 100%. And they did so in each and every game. They deserve to move on to the 2nd round.

SenorSpur
Congrats to the Grizz. They played like veterans and displayed the type of defense that the Spurs USED to be known for.

Damn this hurts.

Spurminator
04-29-2011, 10:40 PM
We need some fucking junkyard dogs on this team. I have to wonder if Blair could have made a difference with some of the loose balls inside but who knows. The Grizzlies played more desperately and were rewarded for it. Fuck, man, this sucks.

Splits
04-29-2011, 10:41 PM
Fuck you Dice. You fucking suck

Fuck you Manu. What the fuck was that?

Fuck you RJ. You should find a shower rod

Fuck you Parker. You don't deserve to retire a Spur.

Fuck you NBA for your bullshit officiating

Fuck you Memphis. I hope the entire state of Tennessee gets destroyed by tornadoes and all you fat fucks die in a fire

Fuck you life.

Cry Havoc
04-29-2011, 10:42 PM
Pop: F----------------------- for the series. Worst coaching job in his career.

san antonio spurs
04-29-2011, 10:42 PM
I think we should leave this thread to congratulating the grizzlies because they deserve it. There are many threads out there addressing the spurs needs.

Spurs Brazil
04-29-2011, 10:43 PM
Congrats to the Grizz. They played great D the whole series

Splits
04-29-2011, 10:43 PM
Fuck you George Hill you piece of 3-10 shooting piece of shit

Fuck you Gary Neal 3-12

Fuck you Charles Barkley

Fuck you TNT

Fuck you ESPN

WHY THE FUCK is HILL playing 39 minutes when he sucks ass holes?

rasho8
04-29-2011, 10:44 PM
good job Grizz, I will drink one for you tonight.

TE
04-29-2011, 10:44 PM
yeah everything and more in this thread.

san antonio spurs
04-29-2011, 10:45 PM
Fuck you George Hill you piece of 3-10 shooting piece of shit

Fuck you Gary Neal 3-12

Fuck you Charles Barkley

Fuck you TNT

Fuck you ESPN

WHY THE FUCK is HILL playing 39 minutes when he sucks ass holes?
Fuck you Splitman4evah,
WHY THE FUCK are you still posting in this thread?

DPG21920
04-29-2011, 10:45 PM
I agree. Hats off to them. Played very consistent and tough and disciplined. I just can't believe the spurs played at such a bad level.

Pero
04-29-2011, 10:46 PM
We need some fucking junkyard dogs on this team. I have to wonder if Blair could have made a difference with some of the loose balls inside but who knows.

How come Blair didn't get much/any playing time the last few games? Did he have a fight with Pop or something? Though I don't think he would've helped much anyway hehe.

mattyc
04-29-2011, 10:46 PM
Good luck to them. Would rather them win the lot than the Lakers.

ShoogarBear
04-29-2011, 10:48 PM
We need some fucking junkyard dogs on this team.

But they don't spread the floor.

Splitter was a type of junkyard dog, on defense at least. Couldn't get off the bench. Hell, Danny Green showed more fight in fifteen minutes of play in one game than Richard Fucking Jefferson did all season.

Russ
04-29-2011, 10:49 PM
Congrats to the Grizz. They deserved the win.

They have no chance against OKC.

They are are not emerging.

But they did beat the Spurs. Fair and square.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-29-2011, 10:50 PM
Mad Prahps to the Grizzlies. Every single time they called a timeout, they came out a re-focused, determined, well-executing team. Prahps to their players, their style, and their coach, as well as their Front Office.

Like I said, they were the better team.

Chomag
04-29-2011, 10:52 PM
Hats off to them, they didn't crack under the pressure and kept with it.. I'm so proud of our guys though, they went down fighting

I still hold to it that this Grizzlies team reminds me allot of the Spurs when they were first starting their era of title runs.

Cherry
04-29-2011, 10:52 PM
Hats off. Well done

Fernando TD21
04-29-2011, 10:54 PM
Congrats Grizzlies. Good luck on next round.

angelbelow
04-29-2011, 10:56 PM
But they don't spread the floor.

Splitter was a type of junkyard dog, on defense at least. Couldn't get off the bench. Hell, Danny Green showed more fight in fifteen minutes of play in one game than Richard Fucking Jefferson did all season.

Makes it hard to look forward to next season.. good thing the offseason is here and we can get a better idea on how were going to improve from here.

TDfan2007
04-29-2011, 11:01 PM
Props to Memphis. They matched up perfectly with us and it showed. Their bigs mangled our bigs, their perimeter players played tougher and faster than our perimeter players, and they got to almost EVERY loose ball. They wanted this series more, executed better, had their best players step up more, and just showed more poise than the Spurs did throughout the entire series.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
04-29-2011, 11:01 PM
Great fuckin series from the Grizz, congrats :tu

FromWayDowntown
04-29-2011, 11:02 PM
Props to the Grizz for showing poise and resolve throughout and for playing the game hard and aggressively for all of 6 games.

And, if there are any Grizz fans lurking, congrats on seeing your team get through and play another round; from a group of fans who have come to take advancing in the playoffs for granted and have become somewhat indifferent about the significance of winning even one series, I'm sure this is a sweet feeling and I'd encourage you to savor it.

Spursnlego
04-29-2011, 11:03 PM
:toastHats of to them, they out played us the entire series, don't really care for the players but congrats to Lionel Hollins, great guy, done great with the young team.
Now they better get to the WCF.:rolleyes

Holden_Caulfield
04-29-2011, 11:04 PM
congrats.

Spurtacus
04-29-2011, 11:05 PM
Congrats to the Grizzlies. They played with more attitude and more heart.

beachwood
04-29-2011, 11:07 PM
Grizz earned my respect for sure. What a tough team. Reminded me of the Spurs of old. Well deserved win. The best team won.

timaios
04-29-2011, 11:09 PM
Congrats to the Grizzlies, they played a fantastic serie against the Spurs

They are playing the game of basketball the right way.

They have talent, they have some great vets, some great defenders, and fearless young guys... and they have a great superstar : Zach Randolph, he was an absolute beast the entire serie !!!

They played with toughness and intelligence, they shared the ball and they have a great coach.

They remind me the 2005 Spurs... I wish them the same fate. :toast

spyder
04-29-2011, 11:09 PM
Really? Man fuck the Grizzs..tanking so they can play the Spurs cuz we had match up problems..wAy to go so u can get out first rd then get butt fucked by OK..that's your championship season..fuk Em..

Kamala
04-29-2011, 11:10 PM
The decline of Duncan is difficult to watch for me. It happens to players if they stick around long enough. Zach Randolph and Gasol dominated him. In the next series we will see how Perkins, Ibaka, and whatever bigs OKC has to offer will contain these guys. Spurs were up 80-79 I went to take a piss and get a beer and the Grizzlies were up by 7. Damn they are simply better.

Spur-Addict
04-29-2011, 11:12 PM
The Grizz took it to us. Tip of the hat

ShoogarBear
04-29-2011, 11:13 PM
The decline of Duncan is difficult to watch for me. It happens to players if they stick around long enough. Zach Randolph and Gasol dominated him. In the next series we will see how Perkins, Ibaka, and whatever bigs OKC has to offer will contain these guys. Spurs were up 80-79 I went to take a piss and get a beer and the Grizzlies were up by 7. Damn they are simply better.

The Spurs stayed a lot closer than they probably should have by rights. The problem is that at every critical point, the Griz would regroup and turn up the D while the Spurs would Corporate Knowledge another turnover.

Crookshanks
04-29-2011, 11:14 PM
Really? Man fuck the Grizzs..tanking so they can play the Spurs cuz we had match up problems..wAy to go so u can get out first rd then get butt fucked by OK..that's your championship season..fuk Em..

That's how I feel. I'm not going to be a good sportsman about this - it hurts too much. I hate the Grizz and I hope they enjoy this 1st Round Championship because I want the Thunder to roll over them just like all those tornados this week!!!!! Screw Memphis and their fans!

jag
04-29-2011, 11:14 PM

Fuck you Memphis. I hope the entire state of Tennessee gets destroyed by tornadoes and all you fat fucks die in a fire

Fuck you life.

God, you fucking suck

jag
04-29-2011, 11:15 PM
Props to the Grizz for showing poise and resolve throughout and for playing the game hard and aggressively for all of 6 games.

chasky
04-29-2011, 11:16 PM
They a great team, play with a lot of heart. Congratulations Grizzlies.

DesignatedT
04-29-2011, 11:17 PM
Yeah congrats cocksuckers. You deserve it. The grizz saw our weakness and exposed us.

Solid D
04-29-2011, 11:19 PM
Well deserved series win for the Grizzlies.

You hate to see the Spurs battle back to take the lead and then have its leaders give it away in the last 3 or 4 minutes of a close-out game.

Two of my favorite defensive players (and prospective Spurs target players) for years have been Shane Battier and Tony Allen. They both were great additions for Memphis this year and were a huge difference for them in this series.

Oh, and chazley, I told you but you scoffed.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-29-2011, 11:20 PM
The Spurs stayed a lot closer than they probably should have by rights. The problem is that at every critical point, the Griz would regroup and turn up the D while the Spurs would Corporate Knowledge another turnover.

At every critical point, Hollins would call a timeout, and his team would then regroup.

That's sign of a good coach.

Splits
04-30-2011, 12:12 AM
Fuck Memphis, no wonder their greatest legend died of an overdose

Fuck you Zach Randolph, your bullshit shots with every fucking roll won't go down in the next series.

Fuck you Marc Gasol, go stick you dick in your brother's ass

Fuck you rookie Vasquez dominating pieces of shit Parker and Hill

Fuck you George Hill, you are a retarded bastard.

Fuck you Tony Parker, I am so glad that Eva has a chance to take a shit on your face

Fuck you Richard Jefferson. You are the most overpaid player in the league and I hope Gary Neal rapes your mother

Fuck you Manu, why can't you show up for 1 game?

Fuck you Tim Duncan. I love you more than I hate you but that was the worst performance of you career.

Fuck you Dice. You are an overrated piece of shit. Please fucking retire.

SA210
04-30-2011, 09:30 AM

Fuck you life.

:lol

bigfan
04-30-2011, 09:43 AM
They just beat us, plain and simple. Ill give them the credit they deserve. Now that thats over... Not the end of the world, just the end of the season. It hurts but we will be back Im certain. We have alot to do in the offseason now so time to take a break, get healthy, shitcan Bonner (Mr Playoff Fade) and RJ (Mr Spare), trade Blair (Mr Whataburger) and start again.

Anonymous Cowherd
04-30-2011, 09:49 AM
Credit to the Grizzlies for the way they played.
I shall be supporting them as my team of preference in the West.

But it can never be whole-hearted because they deliberately eased off in the season. That to me shows a lack of class and is gamesmanship which shouldn't be incentivised.

As someone who was first and foremost a football ('soccer') fan I am eternally incredulous that the NBA can have an EIGHTY-TWO game regular league season which ends up meaning so very very little.

In the English Premiership you can go out and win the elite competition (Champions League) but the first measurement every time is how you do in the league.

ata
04-30-2011, 11:39 AM

This.

and
:lmao @Splitman4evah

DarrinS
04-30-2011, 11:46 AM

:lol Same here. Memphis is a pretty damn good team. Randolph is a beast. They will have their hands full in the next round though.