PDA

View Full Version : So where do we go from here?

ATXSPUR
04-29-2011, 10:39 PM
So where do we go from here?

I say it's about time Pop retires. Trade Duncan and Manu to contenders. We can still get some decent pieces from them. Then ride out a few bad seasons and hope we can fall to the number one pick within the next few years.

Martin R
04-29-2011, 10:40 PM
I propose the Mississipi.

mattyc
04-29-2011, 10:49 PM
Suggestions of trading TD are pure lunacy.

arial
Rebuild, get rid of Dice, Hill, Blair, RJ and Bonner

Libri
RJ needs to go but it's going to be difficult to unload his contract. Who wants a crappy player who earns a lot of money.

mexicanjunior
04-29-2011, 10:52 PM
Blow it up and let Timmy and Manu try to win 1 more ring with a contender...fire Pop.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
04-29-2011, 10:55 PM
The words are coming out all weird, where are you nowwww when I need you

Kuestmaster
04-29-2011, 11:00 PM
Suggestions of trading TD are pure lunacy.

this. I'd prefer another year with him fighting for the 8th spot than trading him for picks or any other shit

He's TIM DUNCAN.

I'd only trade him if he asks for it. But I think he'd prefer to retire as a spur ala Robinson, he already have 4 rings, don't need to go for more.

JustinJDW
04-29-2011, 11:03 PM
I was actually going to come in here and contribute to this thread with reasonable and intelligent discussion. But after seeing retarded "Trade Timmy" "Trade Manu" "Fire Pop" posts, I choose to not dignify them by doing so.

Bruno
04-29-2011, 11:06 PM
As sad as it is to say, Spurs are going nowhere.

Spurs are stuck in a hole with aging players linked to big contracts. There is no way for them to get out that hole quickly. Be ready for at least half a decade of bad to average basketball in SA.

Horse
04-29-2011, 11:09 PM
As sad as it is to say, Spurs are going nowhere.

Spurs are stuck in a hole with aging players linked to big contracts. There is no way for them to get out that hole quickly. Be ready for at least half a decade of bad to average basketball in SA.
I disagree I see alot in Hill, Neal, Splitter and Blair. They can still learn from the big 3. Tony is far from done Timmy can take David's old job and Manu still has something to give. Imagine if Tiago played all year we would'nt be talking like this. I say give it one more try.

Ocotillo
04-29-2011, 11:10 PM
Gervin was traded. The front office tried to take CWebb over Robinson at the end of his career. I would be suprised if Duncan were traded unless he asked to be.

Juggity
04-29-2011, 11:12 PM
TD will retire as a spur. Manu will retire as a spur.

SpursDynasty
04-29-2011, 11:13 PM

The team isn't moving cities. They will wait till next season starts and start playing again, right here in SA.

Homeland Security
04-29-2011, 11:19 PM

The story is over. The last four years have been denouement. All that is left is epilogue.

1. The Spurs still can extend their streak of consecutive seasons making the playoffs next year. 45-50 wins is feasible. 61 was a fluke.

2. Tim Duncan can still move up various career NBA statistical lists.

DesignatedT
04-29-2011, 11:20 PM
Get bigger inside

Get rid of RJ

Get some wing defenders

crc21209
04-29-2011, 11:21 PM
Anyone who thinks the Spurs will trade Timmy is an idiot. He's the fucking reason we have four championships sitting in the AT&T Center....

Chomag
04-29-2011, 11:24 PM
Pop does need to go, most likely he would come back next season with relatively the same team that has been killed twice in playoffs in a row. He is to much in love of corporate knowledge and wouldn't give any player that Spurs would bring in a chance to be apart of the new core.

scottspurs
04-29-2011, 11:27 PM
You have to keep Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili.

RJ: let him and his contract rot on the bench unless you can find a trade partner. hahaha
Bonner: Effort is there, but he has to go. Defense wins championships.
Blair: Too short. Trade him.
Hill: Keep developing
Neal: Keeper
Splitter: Develop
Anderson: Develop
Dice: time to retire
Richards: I hope this guy can ball we need bigs badly
Butler: maybe a player if his knee recovers

everyone else is whatever.