PDA

View Full Version : Retire Duncan, Trade Parker, Start Rebuilding

ffadicted
04-29-2011, 10:40 PM
It was a fun run while it lasted gentleman. 4 titles, can't really ask for much more. This season was all fool's gold, and a lot of us could tell by the way we were winning games, living on the three, no front court presence, etc....

It's time to rebuild. Tim showed this series that he's absolutely done. -10% left in the tank. Trade parker for picks and young talent, keep Manu as your center piece. Develop Hill, Splitter, Neal, I don't care what you do with Blair.

God Bless fans, and good night on this season

:whine

MannyIsGod
04-29-2011, 10:41 PM
I honestly look forward to rebuilding. The big 3s run is over and I'm pretty sure they'll try one more year but I honestly do wish the rebuilding would start next season. Its truly is over.

benefactor
04-29-2011, 10:43 PM
I honestly look forward to rebuilding. The big 3s run is over and I'm pretty sure they'll try one more year but I honestly do wish the rebuilding would start next season. Its truly is over.
Agreed. I don't want to be like the early '00 Jazz where they are trying to milk every last drop out of an aging core.

ffadicted
04-29-2011, 10:44 PM

Agreed. Unless they can pull some magic and trade RJ for some front court presence, and somehow get a long small forward, it's gonna be all fool's gold again.

MannyIsGod
04-29-2011, 10:45 PM
It doesn't even matter if they can get a small forward because the Big 3 aren't the Big 3 anymore. For the first time in 22 years, the Spurs do not have a legit franchise player.

ATXSPUR
04-29-2011, 10:45 PM
You forgot Retire Pop. The guy has gone senile.

TacoCabanaFajitas
04-29-2011, 10:47 PM
Trade everyone not named Neal, Splitter or Blair. Send Tim to a contender that can use him 20 mpg, send Manu to a team like Atlanta or Orlando in return for a Hinrich or Nelson. Send Tony out for a big man. Everyone else I could care less where they go, just get them out. No reason to try another year unless we can get a Battier/Afflalo/Allen type of wing defender. Rather see the rebuild begin now

Naelven
04-29-2011, 10:48 PM
sure trade parker to NY so that Parker can win more title and Spurs will start a 10 years rebuilding stretch....

I have been following Spurs for 12 years now and I am still amazed how some of so called spurs fans are stupids and know nothing about basketball.

Josepatches_
04-29-2011, 10:49 PM

This.

Better to tank next year.

And I hope TD retires.It'll be sad but it's sad to see him now.

ffadicted
04-29-2011, 10:50 PM
sure trade parker to NY so that Parker can win more title and Spurs will start a 10 years rebuilding stretch....

I have been following Spurs for 12 years now and I am still amazed how some of so called spurs fans are stupids and know nothing about basketball.

lol cute post

Texas_Ranger
04-29-2011, 10:50 PM
Just trade Jefferson and Bonner and I'll be happy.

TacoCabanaFajitas
04-29-2011, 10:51 PM
Would hate to see Tim go out this way, would be really sad. Basically Marc Gasol and Randolph forcing him into retirement...sad way to go

MannyIsGod
04-29-2011, 10:52 PM
Trade Parker? I don't know. My heart says no, my brain says of course. I've lived my life as a Spurs fan with the main players staying their entire career. That being said, we could get good value for Tony and as much as I thought he might be he's not a franchise player.

Tough call.

Spurologist
04-29-2011, 10:53 PM
We need some athletes.

Kuestmaster
selfishly, I'd prefer to see Tim Duncan playing here 20 mpg that in any other team, but the man deserves better, if he wants to go to a contender, let it go.

that's said, and it heartbreaks me to say it, Timmy is truly done. He'll always be my favorite player, but I'd prefer him to retire now, making our last bucket in the playoffs, ending with the best record in the west, than seeing him playing next year for a playoff position and struggling to get 10 ppg

MannyIsGod
Trade Parker? I don't know. My heart says no, my brain says of course. I've lived my life as a Spurs fan with the main players staying their entire career. That being said, we could get good value for Tony and as much as I thought he might be he's not a franchise player.

Tough call.

Kuestmaster
selfishly, I'd prefer to see Tim Duncan playing here 20 mpg that in any other team, but the man deserves better, if he wants to go to a contender, let it go.

that's said, and it heartbreaks me to say it, Timmy is truly done. He'll always be my favorite player, but I'd prefer him to retire now, making our last bucket in the playoffs, ending with the best record in the west, than seeing him playing next year for a playoff position and struggling to get 10 ppg

Mrlunt925
I don't really see any reason for trading TP. Just cause Duncan may be gone, Ginobili too in the next few years, TP is still 28 and he's not slowing down.

scottspurs
04-29-2011, 10:54 PM
You are all crazy.

Duncan Retiring is stupid

If your going to trade Parker you might as well trade Manu too and say fu tim duncan.

Spurs owe it to Tim Duncan to at least try and compete even if it's not for titles anymore.

scottspurs
04-29-2011, 10:54 PM
You are all crazy.

Duncan Retiring is stupid

If your going to trade Parker you might as well trade Manu too and say fu tim duncan.

Spurs owe it to Tim Duncan to at least try and compete even if it's not for titles anymore.

MannyIsGod
04-29-2011, 10:55 PM
There are definitely reasons to trade TP. You can get back younger talent and draft picks.

Capt Bringdown
Watching Gasol waddle up the court reminded me of that big Russian stiff that used to play for Portland. The fact that Tim was helpless against this very average player is enough to tell me that Tim is done.
I suppose there could be a role for Tim as Splitter's mentor, but that should've happened THIS SEASON.
Nice season? Nah, kind of a waste, considering there were some good cards we didn't play.
Spurs need to move on from the stonecutter into a new era.

Bruno
Manu's fan-boys wanting to trade Parker, what a new concept... :rollin

mexicanjunior
04-29-2011, 10:56 PM
Blow it up and let Timmy and Manu try to win 1 more ring with a contender...fire Pop.

benefactor
04-29-2011, 10:56 PM

Tough call.
Pretty much sums up my thoughts. Spurs need picks and young talent badly to start the process...along with shedding salary. The only realistic way to accomplish that is trading Parker.

ffadicted
04-29-2011, 10:57 PM
I don't really see any reason for trading TP. Just cause Duncan may be gone, Ginobili too in the next few years, TP is still 28 and he's not slowing down.

I just feel like with parker, we're gonna be a perenial 8 seed/barely in the playoffs team, and what's the point really? I'd rather use parker to completely start rebuilding, as sad as it is since he has done so much for us. It all depends on the offseason really, and there's still the lockout. Without some major trades, I feel like we just can't win a 'chip anymore.

I'd much rather go OKC style and pick up some sick young pieces (we're not stumbling on a KD, but you know what I mean) and try to be contenders in 3 - 4 years instead of another couple years of meritocracy.

Capt Bringdown
Parker had a dreadful series, but I have zero faith that Manu can remain healthy anymore. And his mental game is slipping badly as his body wears out. Larry Bird he ain't.
Trade Parker, I think not.

ABrooks111
If they deal any of the big 3, especially Duncan or Manu, I'll be completely disgusted.

davethedope
04-29-2011, 10:59 PM
next year is not the year to rebuild. remember it's a league transition year, like '99

jason1301
04-29-2011, 10:59 PM
It was a fun run while it lasted gentleman. 4 titles, can't really ask for much more. This season was all fool's gold, and a lot of us could tell by the way we were winning games, living on the three, no front court presence, etc....

It's time to rebuild. Tim showed this series that he's absolutely done. -10% left in the tank. Trade parker for picks and young talent, keep Manu as your center piece. Develop Hill, Splitter, Neal, I don't care what you do with Blair.

God Bless fans, and good night on this season

Timmy is fine, especially if he gets some sort of help next year from Splitter and Blair.

Let Tony go, and also RJ.

ducks
04-29-2011, 11:00 PM
trade duncan and manu hill for 2 young studs

jefferson as a second option might want to score

the core is done. tbh, it was done last year when they got swept by the suns. can't cross your fingers and close your eyes wishing this isn't the truth. spurs should start unloading the heavy contracts which includes gino and parker's. spurs have some pretty bad contracts in jefferson and bonner but start tanking and try to trade for some good players.

TacoCabanaFajitas
It's up to Tim, we obviously aren't going to be in contention without trading someone. No wiggle room under the cap. One or more of the big 3 has to go if this team is going to even be competitive in the next 5 years. If Tim wants to stay and is fine with this being the new reality that's his choice. As a fan of the organization it's time to blow it up and rebuild through the draft, as a fan of the big 3 I saw keep them all. I can't imagine seeing Manu, Tim or Tony in another jersey but it's time to go another route

benefactor
04-29-2011, 11:01 PM
I'm not a fan boy of either. The Spurs are stuck between a rock and a hard place...mostly by their own creation with the bad deal given to RJ. Now that they are no longer contenders, they have to make some tough decisions about the future. Manu is too old and injury prone to bring value. RJ is RJ and won't bring any value. Even if you sweeten the RJ deal with one of the Spurs good role players it won't bring a whole lot back.

The only valuable piece they have from an appeal standpoint is Parker. If they are going into full rebuild...which they should...they should be willing to listen to what teams have to offer for him and jump on the deal that helps them jumpstart the future the most.

TacoCabanaFajitas
04-29-2011, 11:03 PM
trade duncan and manu hill for 2 young studs

jefferson as a second option might want to score

Can someone ban this fucking stupid motherfucker for a week at least?

Spurtacus
04-29-2011, 11:04 PM
We were a healthy Ginobili (elbow) and healthy Duncan (ankle) away from winning the series. Unfortunately it seems to come down to health every year with these guys. I think we have a decent shot next year with this core. Splitter has one year under his belt though he could have played a lot more. Priority is to retain Gary Neal and find another big man through free agency. We can draft a big but I doubt we'll find someone at #29 overall that can contribute right away.

Mr Fundamental
04-29-2011, 11:04 PM
Trade Duncan? No.

He is getting older but his job on Spurs defence and offence getting bigger. That's the problem.

Trade Parker for a big athlete man who can help Duncan inside and save his energy. So TD can give us 20-25 min efficiently.

Trade Jefferson and Bonner too. But nobody cares of Jefferson with his huge contract.

Das Texan
04-29-2011, 11:05 PM
It doesn't even matter if they can get a small forward because the Big 3 aren't the Big 3 anymore. For the first time in 22 years, the Spurs do not have a legit franchise player.

I truly do believe that Parker has the talent to be that franchise player, just not so sure about his focus all the time.

Strike
04-29-2011, 11:06 PM
Would hate to see Tim go out this way, would be really sad. Basically Marc Gasol and Randolph forcing him into retirement...sad way to go

Larry Holmes forced Muhammad Ali out by dominating him. Who is remembered now?

Tim, much as I love the guy, looks like he has nothing left. Pop has lost whatever coaching skill he had. RC is not the great GM Spurs fan thought him to be. Time to wipe the slate clean from the top down.

MannyIsGod
04-29-2011, 11:06 PM

You should know better. Parker is obviously the biggest piece the Spurs have to trade.

Cherry
04-29-2011, 11:07 PM
Just trade Jefferson and Bonner and I'll be happy.

this this this

Bruno
04-29-2011, 11:09 PM
You should know better. Parker is obviously the biggest piece the Spurs have to trade.

I'm not against trading Parker to quicken the rebuilding process but trading Parker and letting Duncan retire to build a team around a 34 years old Manu is insane.

Barfunk
04-29-2011, 11:10 PM
Just from a fan standpoint: I NEVER WANT TO SEE ANY OFF THE BIG THREE GET TRADED. Thick and thin.

Das Texan
Spurs need to find out if Splitter is a legit NBA big man. He needs to spend all kind of time with Chip this summer. You'd have to have some faith that Splitter can be a starter based on all of the succes he had in Europe.

The Spurs need a 2 and the Spurs need a 3.

That's just the starting lineup.

The only reserve that got any regular playing time that I want back is Neal.

I dont want to see Bonner back, he is a nice role player, but he needs to be the Novak type player on a good team. Bonner isnt good enough defensively.

I'm intrigued by what this Butler kid they signed can do. He was money in college, if he is over his knee injury, the Spurs got one of their components taken care of.

George Hill is mentally weak. But he has some trade value. Spurs need to use it and maybe they can get someone to take Dick's contract with him. He offers nothing to this team. At all.

McDyess needs to retire. He is a great veteran, but he simply doesnt have it night in and night out anymore, but I wouldnt be upset if he came back over a Bonner in a reserve Kevin Willis type role.

Manu needs to be a reserve. His days of being a consistent starter are done. But Manu is the heart and soul of this franchise, so I really cant see them moving him along, unless they plan on going full out rebuild this next year. In that case, move everyone and start over.

ffadicted

Stop putting words in my mouth, just because I have a manu avatar I'm a manu fanboy? Parker is obviously our biggest trade chip, if we're gonna rebuild, letting go of him is where we start. We're not gonna get as much for old Manu.

ducks
04-29-2011, 11:11 PM
manu to denver
karl loves him for jr smith (someone who is not afraid to shoot) and one of their young pieces they got for melo

ducks
04-29-2011, 11:11 PM
we were a healthy ginobili (elbow) and healthy duncan (ankle) away from winning the series. Unfortunately it seems to come down to health every year with these guys. I think we have a decent shot next year with this core. Splitter has one year under his belt though he could have played a lot more. Priority is to retain gary neal and find another big man through free agency. We can draft a big but i doubt we'll find someone at #29 overall that can contribute right away. when the hell was manu healthy the enitire playoffs

Spurtacus
04-29-2011, 11:12 PM
We were a healthy Ginobili (elbow) and healthy Duncan (ankle) away from winning the series. Unfortunately it seems to come down to health every year with these guys. I think we have a decent shot next year with this core. Splitter has one year under his belt though he could have played a lot more. Priority is to retain Gary Neal and find another big man through free agency. We can draft a big but I doubt we'll find someone at #29 overall that can contribute right away.

We also need a big ass tatooed motherfucker who won't take bullshit from anyone. Someone who will just tear the house down. Grizzlies had attitude. We had next to none.

Spurtacus
04-29-2011, 11:13 PM
when the hell was manu healthy the enitire playoffs

03 05 07? I wont pretend to remember if he was 100% healthy but I don't remember him missing any games.

MannyIsGod
I'm not against trading Parker to quicken the rebuilding process but trading Parker and letting Duncan retire to build a team around a 34 years old Manu is insane.

Oh I don't think anyone wants to build around Manu and if they do they're retarded. Manu needs to retire too, but Manu I could see going to another team. Tim Duncan, not so much.

Slippy
The back-court is not the problem. I saw the future in Tiago and Pop knows it too. He's going to be good.Tony, Manu and Tiago will compliment each other well.

Tim's role needs to be like David's was. He's more than useful, the mins gotta be limited in the same vein as DROB.

Gotta get some-one for RJ when he's shrivelling up and we need a big in the Darrell Arthur mold. Seriously, the frontline has some glaring weaknesses. More-so when POP relies on a stretch 4 such as Matt Bonner.

TDfan2007
If Manu doesn't get injured and Tim doesn't re-injure his ankle in game 3 we win this series. This team just once again ran into bad luck. This team still has it. It just wasn't meant to be this year.

DesignatedT
04-29-2011, 11:14 PM
Duncan isn't retiring and Parker isn't going anywhere.

HarlemHeat37
04-29-2011, 11:16 PM
I completely disagree that Duncan is done..he's just an average scorer, at this point, but he's still a very good defensive player, rebounder, screen setter and passer..he could still play a great role on a team that needs a 4th option, or as a 3rd on a team that has an elite 1-2 punch..

If he wanted to be traded to a contender, I'm sure Miami would be calling in an instant..

I agree about the Spurs rebuilding though, I said it last year, too..

ducks
If Manu doesn't get injured and Tim doesn't re-injure his ankle in game 3 we win this series. This team just once again ran into bad luck. This team still has it. It just wasn't meant to be this year.

if manu does not get injured is like it will not rain in washingston

Slippy
Actually , if there's possiblity in hell that RJ can get traded . The spurs need to jump on it. A simple player like battier would be more than enough.

Bruno
Oh I don't think anyone wants to build around Manu and if they do they're retarded. Manu needs to retire too, but Manu I could see going to another team. Tim Duncan, not so much.

Well, OP:

beirmeistr
04-29-2011, 11:17 PM
It's over for the Big Three. Tim should negotiate with the front office to get out of his contract and retire with some dignity. Parker, being the youngest of the Big Three, should be traded somewhere in the East where he might still win some rings. Manu, because of his popularity, should be retained so the fans will show up. Get rid of Bonner (too unathletic, gives up too many points) and Jefferson (he never delivered as expected). If Duncan retires, I think Pop will too. He was badly outcoached by Hollins. Get some big, athletic men who are tough.

ducks
04-29-2011, 11:17 PM
I completely disagree that Duncan is done..he's just an average scorer, at this point, but he's still a very good defensive player, rebounder, screen setter and passer..he could still play a great role on a team that needs a 4th option, or as a 3rd on a team that has an elite 1-2 punch..

If he wanted to be traded to a contender, I'm sure Miami would be calling in an instant..

I agree about the Spurs rebuilding though, I said it last year, too..

duncan and booner for bosh

Russ
04-29-2011, 11:18 PM
Tickets, folks. Don't forget about tickets.

spursbird
04-29-2011, 11:19 PM
Trade Duncan for a top 5 pick of this year
Trade Ginobili for a top 5 pick of next year
Retire Dice.
Spurs won't do so of course, but it's the successful way to rebuild.

BobEX
04-29-2011, 11:20 PM
Duncan should stay until he retires. Age has caught up with him but he is the face of the franchise. Without him the Spurs would still be sitting on 0 championships. Spurs should keep him out of loyalty and only trade if he requests it.

With Manu and Parker I guess you have to listen to offers at this point. Would be sad to see either of them go, but they're easily the two best trade assets the Spurs have. If the right offer comes along you have to take it. Personally though, I'd like to see the Spurs keep Manu just because it's fun watching all the crazy plays he makes. He'd also provide good leadership during the early rebuilding process.

TacoCabanaFajitas
04-29-2011, 11:20 PM
People need to realize you're not going to get everything that fixes this team in one offseason unless every one of the Big 3 is gone. The only way RJ gets shipped is if hes packaged with Manu/Tony/Hill. Tank next year, get under the cap. Try to sign a big name (doubt this is possible in SA) rebuild through the draft. If at all possible rehire Presti

Barfunk
04-29-2011, 11:21 PM

Agreed you can't build around Ginobili since he is 34 yrs old. I would rather see him retire a Spur. I don't want to see none of those 3 in another uniform but this is coming from a hardcore Spurs Big 3 "Fanboy". I know that is not reality because in the end it's all business.

ffadicted
04-29-2011, 11:21 PM
Well, OP:

What would you rather lol Bonner as your main player while you rebuild? Hill? Splitter? RJ?

Fact of the matter is, if you're trading one of them, trading tony gets you more then trading manu, end of story. But you can just ship out every single big 3, that's blowing up the team in ways that I don't think the spurs are willing to do. It's not a "let's build around KD" situation, it's a "Manu will be our leader while we try to rebuild" situation.

MannyIsGod
04-29-2011, 11:22 PM
Well, OP:

Oh shit - my bad. Didn't see that part.

Josepatches_
04-29-2011, 11:22 PM

Who wants to rebuilt around Manu? He'll be done next year if he's not.
:lol:lol:lol

There is not player in the team to build a tittle contender around him.

DesignatedT
04-29-2011, 11:23 PM
I still believe this big 3 can win it again. You just have to abandon this run n gun shit. Get some skilled 7 footers next to duncan and some tony allen/shane battier type defenders on the wings.

We need to try and make this team a defensive team again instead of running up and down the court.

Slippy
you all crazy if you think this team is going into rebuild mode. They got 61 season out of fundamentally flawed team . They flaw got amplified in the play-offs because Tiago wasn't intergrated and we happened to play the grizz in the first round who's front line is just as imposing as the Laker's.

DesignatedT
I still believe this big 3 can win it again. You just have to abandon this run n gun shit. Get some skilled 7 footers next to duncan and some tony allen/shane battier type defenders on the wings.

We need to try and make this team a defensive team again instead of running up and down the court.

Ginobilly
Manu and Tim could go to Miami to help Lebron win his first championship!

MannyIsGod
I'd love to keep Tim as a role player, but they still need to rebuild. I guess trading parker, hill, and blair definitely needs to happen. Sucks.

I do think the Spurs really need to trade Blair. Thats one move I really want to see in te offseason.

Mugen
04-29-2011, 11:24 PM
This team isn't done. Not sure why everybody is so anxious to turn into the 1990s Boston Celtics.

You have one more legit run next year with Tiago implemented from the start. Anderson/Green/Blair/Neal coming back...

They don't have a franchise player anymore but this team is still good for 50-55 wins next year and a chance at a deep playoff run.

Who knows what the draft will bring?

You pray to God somebody takes RJ/Bonner of our hands and see what you have at training camp.

I doubt Timmy wants to go chase rings with Miami. Manu/Parker are locked up for a couple more seasons.

You ride it the fuck out til the wheels fall off.

bigfan
04-29-2011, 11:25 PM
Duncan, Manu and Parker should stay. So should Hill and Neal. Id trade/shitcan everyone else.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-29-2011, 11:26 PM

Dude....you really think Manu needs to retire now?

Strike
04-29-2011, 11:27 PM
This team isn't done. Not sure why everybody is so anxious to turn into the 1990s Boston Celtics.

You have one more legit run next year with Tiago implemented from the start. Anderson/Green/Blair/Neal coming back...

They don't have a franchise player anymore but this team is still good for 50-55 wins next year and a chance at a deep playoff run.

You pray to God somebody takes RJ/Bonner of our hands and see what you have at training camp.

I doubt Timmy wants to go chase rings with Miami. Manu/Parker are locked up for a couple more seasons.

Other than the bold, I'm okay. But nobody not named RC Buford is gonna be dumb enough to take Jefferson or Bonner.

Mrlunt925
04-29-2011, 11:28 PM
I just feel like with parker, we're gonna be a perenial 8 seed/barely in the playoffs team, and what's the point really? I'd rather use parker to completely start rebuilding, as sad as it is since he has done so much for us. It all depends on the offseason really, and there's still the lockout. Without some major trades, I feel like we just can't win a 'chip anymore.

I'd much rather go OKC style and pick up some sick young pieces (we're not stumbling on a KD, but you know what I mean) and try to be contenders in 3 - 4 years instead of another couple years of meritocracy.

I guess I always figured any of the Big 3 would be Spurs for life. Plus in my mind Parker could still lead this team. He's always been behind Duncan, then Ginobili stepped up huge this year. But that's just speculation by me.

Going OKC style is definitely a possible route, but it's hard to read draft classes. The Spurs have had some luck when it counts in the draft though. I guess if a deal is sweet enough it could happen. But otherwise I feel they still have some newer guys that could still help rebuild with out completely tearing down everything. Who knows though. This is gonna be a hell of a long offseason.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-29-2011, 11:29 PM
Tim Duncan is not fucking finished, what the hell is wrong with you people?

It's like once the playoffs started, that most of you expected him to be throwing up 25 and 15 with ease just by Pop giving him extra minutes....who the hell thought this was realistic?

Duncan is what he is. A defensive bigman with the ability to score in slight spurts. He is slow on the fast break, but can hold his own. If Duncan played next to a legit bigman, I am not saying we win championships but he certainly does not look so overwhelmed.

He was our sole legit post option against a team that is built to pound it inside.

I can't stand this Duncan retire bull shit, you guys are fucking out of your minds.

If he wants to resign for a reasonable veteran amount after this current contract expires, I would practically be cheering for it while reading the news on my laptop.

Spurfan awaiting Duncan to retire is the biggest fucking load of shit I've ever read on this entire forum since I been posting here.

Mugen
04-29-2011, 11:29 PM
Other than the bold, I'm okay. But nobody not named RC Buford is gonna be dumb enough to take Jefferson or Bonner.

GMs have done dumber things. It's close to impossible to dealing RJ but you don't worry about equal value. You just find any willing suitor and pull the trigger.

As long as David Kahn is still around, there is a GM dumb enough to do it.

Bruno
04-29-2011, 11:30 PM
What would you rather lol Bonner as your main player while you rebuild? Hill? Splitter? RJ?

If you are rebuilding the main goal is to be as bad as possible to get the best draft pick possible.

A logic rebuilding plan would be:
- Ducnan retiring.
- Manu and Tony traded for picks and/or young players.
- Tanking 2011-2012.
- Tanking 2012-2013.
- Tanking 2013-2014.

In 2014, Spurs should have some capspace to sign some FAs and a young core.

Spurtacus
04-29-2011, 11:30 PM
Stay:
Duncan
Ginobili
Parker
Hill
Neal
Blair
Splitter

Go:
Bonner
Jefferson
McDyess

Barfunk
04-29-2011, 11:31 PM

Duncan, Manu and Parker should stay. So should Hill and Neal. Id trade/shitcan everyone else.

I'd keep Splitter as well.

spursbird
04-29-2011, 11:32 PM
Go:
Bonner
Jefferson
McDyess
Great idea. So who want those shit?

++SaiNt TiAg0++
04-29-2011, 11:33 PM
i mean like the above poster said, they just cant be our number 1 options, so we need to build around tiago i know alot of ppl are going to give me shit for saying that but pp gave me shit when i said tiago is a starter, and im telling you if we can climb in the draft with a trade then thats what we need to do.

james anderson in my opinion is amazing and plays incredible defense why he didnt play who knows but that fucking drunk called our coach,

tiago/james anderson/ ryan richards and then lets go from there let manu and duncan stay i say we get a young strong power forward for tony while we still can the guy plays over seas too much and then plays like shit for S.A and act like an arrogant asshole around here.

when tony wasnt here george hill was flourishing but i agree hes made some bad mental errors this series and i cant believe he didnt really show up. peter holt needs to give pop some shit and this city needs to start questioning his bullshit drunk rotations

Josepatches_
04-29-2011, 11:33 PM
Duncan isn't retiring and Parker isn't going anywhere.

So sadly I think we are fucked next year too.We'll made the playoffs with the 4th/5th seed but we'll have a first round exit again.Second round at best.WeŽll see the same thread next year.Book it

DesignatedT
04-29-2011, 11:35 PM
So sadly I think we are fucked next year too.We'll made the playoffs with the 4th/5th seed but we'll have a first round exit again.Second round at best.WeŽll see the same thread next year.Book it

Most teams would love to be a 4th seed. It's not like Tony being traded or Duncan retiring all of a sudden makes us a title contender again :lmao

Are closest thing to a title is the big 3 and it will continue to be that until they retire. The odds go down every year but that's the truth.

ZB 512
04-29-2011, 11:37 PM
Duncan still has one year left on his contract...i bet ya'll just tweak the roster and try your best again next year and then start the rebuild process the following season when Duncan's contract is off your books

++SaiNt TiAg0++
04-29-2011, 11:38 PM
yeah but while were acting like its a no brainer that Rj/bonner get traded pop is off his rocker and could be thinking Matt bonner as a starter next season for all we know!!!

if you think about it matt bonner has been given more and more opportunity every year

Crookshanks
04-29-2011, 11:38 PM
Seriously, I think all the Eva/Erin crap really messed Tony up this season. He seemed to lack focus. He's still a great player, and I hope he can get his head straightened up during the summer.

Spurs need some guys who can be counted on every game, not these guys like Bonner and Jefferson, and even Hill to some extent, who have a good game every week or so but who can never deliver when they're really needed.

MaNu4Tres
04-29-2011, 11:39 PM
The window is sealed shut.

Sad day.. Really

Spurtacus
04-29-2011, 11:39 PM
Great idea. So who want those shit?

Slap a first round pick to one or two of them and someone might bite.

peskypesky
04-29-2011, 11:40 PM

so true. so sad.

MannyIsGod
04-29-2011, 11:42 PM
Dude....you really think Manu needs to retire now?

No - I think he can be a good role player off the bench. I shouldn't have said he should retire. Definitely not someone you build around though. I'd much rather build around Parker.

PublicOption
04-29-2011, 11:43 PM
the league wants LA and Okie City to play in the WCF.......so they got rid of us.

MaNu4Tres
04-29-2011, 11:50 PM
BTW Here's what I'd do.

I have a feeling the Spurs will try to have one more go around with this nucleus.

I'd trade up to McDyess' contract, Blair and a 1st rounder to get Jefferson out of town. Preferably for a big guy. Chris Kaman comes to mind right off the bat. (To those asking why trade Blair: Blair's contract will be up in 2 years anyway; his salary value will go up 500-600%. Meaning it's highly doubtful Spurs would consider resigning an undersized big at that price anyway. Therefore trading him now should be easy. Especially if they are rebuilding, which most likely will be the case. Therefore sweetening a RJ deal with Blair has to be considered now.)

Then I'd explore deals involving Bonner. (Unfortunately we all know this isn't realistic.)

I'd then look to sign Battier on the cheap and let the winner out of the Green, Anderson, Butler pool to back him up next year.

rayray2k8
04-29-2011, 11:52 PM
Depends on who the Spurs get, but I'll hold off on the "trade parker" threads.

MannyIsGod
04-29-2011, 11:53 PM
I definitely want to deal Blair.

TJastal
04-29-2011, 11:53 PM
The back-court is not the problem. I saw the future in Tiago and Pop knows it too. He's going to be good.Tony, Manu and Tiago will compliment each other well.

Tim's role needs to be like David's was. He's more than useful, the mins gotta be limited in the same vein as DROB.

Gotta get some-one for RJ when he's shrivelling up and we need a big in the Darrell Arthur mold. Seriously, the frontline has some glaring weaknesses. More-so when POP relies on a stretch 4 such as Matt Bonner.

"The future" needed to be "the present". Splitter will be good as soon as Holt fires Poppazit and gets a coach who will actually use him over a 3pt chucking ginger boy

ynh
04-29-2011, 11:57 PM
I'm not sure many of you have an idea of how "easy" rebuilding is. Unless you are transitioning from one top 5-10 player to another or you still have a top 5 player to build around (see what you guys did between championships) it can take years. You are not going to get big name free agents.. so you're left to the draft. You can suck ass as bad as you think you can and you will still have 6 teams worse than you. There are bad teams.. bad. Unless you are tanking in the teens as far as wins and pick to do it on a year where there is a sure fire hall of famer (example not this year) and don't get fucked by the lotto balls.. it takes a very long time.

Rebuilding is not fun.. unless you think watching bad basketball and racking up losses is fun.

TJastal
04-30-2011, 12:00 AM
BTW Here's what I'd do.

I have a feeling the Spurs will try to have one more go around with this nucleus.

I'd trade up to McDyess' contract, Blair and a 1st rounder to get Jefferson out of town. Preferably for a big guy. Chris Kaman comes to mind right off the bat. (To those asking why trade Blair: Blair's contract will be up in 2 years anyway; his salary value will go up 500-600%. Meaning it's highly doubtful Spurs would consider resigning an undersized big at that price anyway. Therefore trading him now should be easy. Especially if they are rebuilding, which most likely will be the case. Therefore sweetening a RJ deal with Blair has to be considered now.)

Then I'd explore deals involving Bonner. (Unfortunately we all know this isn't realistic.)

I'd then look to sign Battier on the cheap and let the winner out of the Green, Anderson, Butler pool to back him up next year.

I thought you were all gung ho happy slappy about the Jefferson contract. Now you wanna dump the spurs' future (and all the time they've invested in Blair + 1st rounder) to get rid of it?

Mugen
04-30-2011, 12:00 AM
I'm not sure many of you have an idea of how "easy" rebuilding is. Unless you are transitioning from one top 5-10 player to another or you still have a top 5 player to build around (see what you guys did between championships) it can take years. You are not going to get big name free agents.. so you're left to the draft. You can suck ass as bad as you think you can and you will still have 6 teams worse than you. There are bad teams.. bad. Unless you are tanking in the teens as far as wins and pick to do it on a year where there is a sure fire hall of famer (example not this year) it takes a very long time.

Rebuilding is not fun.. unless you think watching bad basketball and racking up losses is fun.

Bingo.

I'd rather see the Big 3 go down guns blazing in the WCSF or WCF than to watch a George Hill/DeJuan Blair PnR all season long and hope we draft another Tim Duncan to end up with Hasheem Thabeet.

Manu/Duncan have a couple years left. I'd like to see them retire as Spurs and enjoy every last minute til they hang them up.

MannyIsGod
04-30-2011, 12:09 AM
I'm not sure many of you have an idea of how "easy" rebuilding is. Unless you are transitioning from one top 5-10 player to another or you still have a top 5 player to build around (see what you guys did between championships) it can take years. You are not going to get big name free agents.. so you're left to the draft. You can suck ass as bad as you think you can and you will still have 6 teams worse than you. There are bad teams.. bad. Unless you are tanking in the teens as far as wins and pick to do it on a year where there is a sure fire hall of famer (example not this year) and don't get fucked by the lotto balls.. it takes a very long time.

Doesn't matter if its fun or not. Only way back to another ring. Fun or not, its reality.

ynh
04-30-2011, 12:19 AM
Obviously.. I was giving that comment more so to the individuals in the begining that said that they were looking forward to it. It's nothing to look forward.. Look how long it took the Celtics to get back.. took the pistons 14 years.. Hell look at the Knicks and you would think they wouldn't have big problems because they are a big market. I just don't see how someone can say they are looking forward to it.

Unless you really love watching prospects.. or you can't wait to have that nostalgic feeling about how good it was in 2011 or whatever.. Piston fans called for the same thing. After ever confrence final lost they yelled "break up the team".. well they did.. and the shit sucks.. Gets you maybe one good prospect to watch on your team and the draft lotto circled on your calandar hoping that you can pull the first pick out of your ass.

Like I said.. look at boston.. look at the bulls.. look at my team.. then ask yourself if you look forward to this and really think it will be only a couple of years transition.

ynh
04-30-2011, 12:22 AM
Ride the shit into the ground.. if you are going to crash, crash hard.. nothing worse then being mediocre or below average..

Slippy
04-30-2011, 03:54 AM
"The future" needed to be "the present". Splitter will be good as soon as Holt fires Poppazit and gets a coach who will actually use him over a 3pt chucking ginger boy

about 90 percent of spurstalk posters here share that belief and wanted it happening this season. From March onwards , Tiago looked comfortable out there. The clumsy and confused side of his game was gone .

Pop changing the rotation with splitter involved for game 5 and 6 you could say was an admittance of sorts.

20beastie45
04-30-2011, 04:47 AM
NO DUNCAN RETIRE!!!!!!

less money, less playing time, less offensive contribution, and move him to a true center role.

Defense, shot blocking, and rebounding.

He is still a valuable player

TDMVPDPOY
04-30-2011, 04:52 AM
umm retire duncan, trade parker.....

so where is gino in the headline? nothing beats opening a can of worms for the attention of CoP supporters

dude1394
04-30-2011, 08:18 AM
Trading Duncan would be about as classless as anything I can imagine.

Pauleta14
04-30-2011, 09:09 AM
keep Manu as your center piece

:wow

You can't be serious!

Do you want to see him die on the floor on day or what? :lol

I say keep the big3, even if 2 of them will never be as good as they once been, THEY ARE OUR LAST PROBLEM !!!!!!!!!!!!

+ I wanna see them retire as a spur, we owe them that!

We won 61 games with no center no backup PG and no decent wing player...:wow
That should tell you how the big3 are good enough (to "compensate" the lacks of this team).

Let's not get too emotional.

- MJ's Bulls is the only team in the history that won without a dominant big!
(for ex, Rodman was just on the defensive end)...

- No team has ever won with their major asset being the 3s...

Duncan is still the smartest player in nba, can be more than usefull on the denfensive end (without being alone in the post), has a unique leasership that gives his teamates confidense (see the 6 games losing streak)...
+ He is the franchise, period.

Manu (with fresh legs) is the best "x factor" in the leaque, if he can be used wisely and not carry the same load as this year, he's still a top 5 SG in the league and the best at the line in clutch (whitch is huge)...
Losing him would mean losing some magic and it's the hardest thing to find, any team in the league would kill to have him as a 25-30 min player.

Tony is just 29 and not as "burned" as most of the league (and spurs fans) thought at the begining of the season, even if he won't get faster, he hasn't slowed that much and will always be above average in that matter, +steve nash is the best example to prove that you don't need to be among the fastest to score "easy" layups if you're smart and has a special talent at it. Tony will always be efficient in that area and will keep improving his J because he's smart and knows it's the only way he'll be able to extend his carreer.
It won't be easy to find a good PG who accepts the role/tasks that Pop asked Tony to do, he has shown he can put his ego asside for the better of the team, this year unselfishness at shot taken/game proves it, so unless you can get Paul, Williams or Rose, you don't let Parker go...

dunkman
04-30-2011, 11:38 AM
The Spurs have to acquire an all-star big via trade and sign a quality wing defender for the MLE. This team is redundant in talent at SG/SF positions.

Capt Bringdown
04-30-2011, 11:43 AM
O05BTevivus

Spurtacus
04-30-2011, 11:56 AM
Rebuilding won't happen till 2012 offseason. Duncan will retire and Pop with him. I can see Parker getting dealt then too. Not sure about Manu. Talking of rebuilding now is premature and you should kindly GTFO of Spurstalk.

tp2021
04-30-2011, 12:06 PM
Spurfan awaiting Duncan to retire is the biggest fucking load of shit I've ever read on this entire forum since I been posting here.

Duncan2177
04-30-2011, 02:29 PM
The Lakers became relevant again when and after Kobe cried and Demanded the Lakers F.O. to sign quality role players (or else!), something that Tim Duncan didn't do. Sometimes Timmy was too fundamental, too much of a nice guy for his own good. Even now, Duncan has the opportunity to offer the F.O. an ultimatum; Get me some help in here or I am out!

spurtech09
04-30-2011, 04:12 PM
ducan would be a great back up?its time for duncan to come off the bench but spurs need a gifted big to take over for tim....I like splitter but he isn't that good of an offensive player....maybe im wrong maybe he will play better next season if theres a next season....but for sure spurs need to get stronger and tougher guys....bonner and rj don't cut it....parker?I still like parker but I also think its time spurs get better at pg by getting a decent back up for tony parker..spurs don't need make trades....tweaks but no major trades and I doubt spurs make major trades

rick1991
04-30-2011, 05:05 PM
If Dwight Howard does not accept the Magic's contract extension should we take him for one year then he can leave if he wants but we can at least try to win one last championship?

Magic get:
-Richard Jefferson
-George Hill
-Dejuan Blair
-Tiago Splitter

Spurs get:
-Dwight Howard

Works on ESPN trade machine

Spurtacus
04-30-2011, 05:20 PM
The Lakers became relevant again when and after Kobe cried and Demanded the Lakers F.O. to sign quality role players (or else!), something that Tim Duncan didn't do. Sometimes Timmy was too fundamental, too much of a nice guy for his own good. Even now, Duncan has the opportunity to offer the F.O. an ultimatum; Get me some help in here or I am out!

To step up he should take a pay cut and maybe add an additional year to his contract. That would tell me he wants to win again. But if he stays put and makes his 20mil next season then help won't come. He's worth the money based on past play.

Its difficult enough to lure players to play in San Antonio.