PDA

View Full Version : Tony allen giving credit to manu?

MANUUU
04-29-2011, 11:04 PM
this makes me feel a little better... not really... but oh well. :depressed

REPORTER: tony allen, manu ginobili has been a guy who has taken very well defenders to school often on the offensive side, what about what you did defensively to limit him tonight?

TONY ALLEN: i watched a lot of film on him, and you know, he's a great scorer, i just had to be ready for him every night, and uhh i have to take my hat off to him, he got some moves!

REPORTER: you guys were talking after the game and he gave you a great embrace, what did you say to him?

TONY ALLEN: nah i just told him about the whole situation about talking about his injury, i told him i would NEVER show him up, he's a hall of famer, a champ, and i love his game and i honor everything he did in this series.

SpurOutofTownFan
04-29-2011, 11:06 PM
he sucked him off there

DMX7
04-29-2011, 11:07 PM
" i just told him about the whole situation about talking about his injury"

He was talking shit about his injury? What a fucking piece of garbage if that's what he meant. The guy was jawing off the whole goddamn series.

TE
04-29-2011, 11:08 PM
Classy

BlackSwordsMan
04-29-2011, 11:08 PM
hall of famer? in argentina?

hitmanyr2k
04-29-2011, 11:09 PM
Tony Allen gave Ginobili mad respect in that postgame interview. Just a warrior respecting another warrior. I like seeing that.

Spurs Brazil
This guy instead of Jefferson would be fucking great

Josh810
Tony Allen's the kinda guy that would only be classy after-the-fact. This dude's really the one I can't stand on Memphis and it'll be nice to see him get his due against OKC.

TacoCabanaFajitas
04-29-2011, 11:10 PM
Tony Allen's the kinda guy that would only be classy after-the-fact. This dude's really the one I can't stand on Memphis and it'll be nice to see him get his due against OKC.

Spurs fans need to quit their fucking whining. Everyone of us would love him or Battier on our team. Everything being said about Allen, every teams fan base was saying about Bowen and the whole team just 5 years ago

DMX7
04-29-2011, 11:10 PM

Exactly. Fuck those idiots who play like thugs then blow kisses after they've won.

TE
04-29-2011, 11:11 PM

Fucking this.

Budkin
04-29-2011, 11:11 PM
Well at least he said something nice.

Strike
04-29-2011, 11:12 PM
this guy instead of jefferson would be fucking great

+1

hitmanyr2k
04-29-2011, 11:13 PM

Well he's not supposed to kiss Ginobili's ass and play nice with him DURING the series :lol You don't make friends during the playoffs. Did you see guys like Bowen and Horry playing nice during San Antonio's title runs?

MANUUU
allen and jefferson. thug and pussy.

Borosai
Would he have said that if the Grizzlies had lost though?

SenorSpur
04-29-2011, 11:14 PM

I agree, but somehow I can't see Pop coaching a guy like him - which may be part of the problem.

I admit I didn't know what a damn dogged defender Allen is. He is an amazing theft artist and is just a very rugged defender.

Borosai
04-29-2011, 11:15 PM
And I agree, he's the kind of player the Spurs need. They are too nice and soft most of the time.

TacoCabanaFajitas
Bunch of fucking idiots on this board which is the reason I don't post a lot on here and just read while shaking my head at some of the idiotic shit people post here. You need guys like Robert Horry, Bruce Bowen, and Tony Allen to get you through the playoffs.

TDMVPDPOY
blowing kisses is still better continue to suck dick, aka rj

MANUUU
04-29-2011, 11:16 PM
spurs WOULD be seen as a "nice" team. hahahah

DirkDoesWork
04-29-2011, 11:17 PM
I agree, but somehow I can't see Pop coaching a guy like him - which may be part of the problem.

I admit I didn't know what a damn dogged defender Allen is. He is an amazing theft artist and is just a very rugged defender.

http://www.nba.com/media/finals2003/jackson_celebrate_030615.jpg

Stephen Jackson says hello.

Harry Callahan
04-29-2011, 11:26 PM
Allen's got a screw loose.

Manu (even at 33 years olds) has pieces of a guy like Allen in his stool when he is healthy. That's the problem, he's never healthy at money time any more (four years in a row he has been hurt).

I guess I'm OK if they bring back Manu, Tony and Tim next year. I don't see any good options at this point. It's not like they don't deserve another shot given their history and tenure.

However, there is no way they can duplicate their regular season of 61 wins and I doubt they will bring a healthy roster into the playoffs, which is manditory.

A 36 year old Duncan and a 34 year old Manu simply will not be able to do it next year either. Players at that age can only be so good - they don't improve with age at that point.

I hate to say this but that is the Spurs reality on April 30, 2011. Their time (as a group) has passed.

We will probably be saying the same obituary for the Mavs and Lakers in the next year or so. (Maybe sooner for the Mavies and they haven't really done anything significant as a franchise).

SenorSpur
04-29-2011, 11:32 PM
Allen's got a screw loose.

Manu (even at 33 years olds) has pieces of a guy like Allen in his stool when he is healthy. That's the problem, he's never healthy at money time any more (four years in a row he has been hurt).

I guess I'm OK if they bring back Manu, Tony and Tim next year. I don't see any good options at this point. It's not like they don't deserve another shot given their history and tenure.

However, there is no way they can duplicate their regular season of 61 wins and I doubt they will bring a healthy roster into the playoffs, which is manditory.

A 36 year old Duncan and a 34 year old Manu simply will not be able to do it next year either. Players at that age can only be so good - they don't improve with age at that point.

I hate to say this but that is the Spurs reality on April 30, 2011. Their time (as a group) has passed.

We will probably be saying the same obituary for the Mavs and Lakers in the next year or so. (Maybe sooner for the Mavies and they haven't really done anything significant as a franchise).

How could Pop not know this?

Mav-elous Man
04-29-2011, 11:43 PM

Durant and Westbrook are going to rape him.

Mav-elous Man
04-29-2011, 11:48 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/finals2003/jackson_celebrate_030615.jpg

stephen jackson says hello.

exactly!!!

ALVAREZ6
04-30-2011, 11:32 AM
Anyone have video?

crc21209
04-30-2011, 12:39 PM
Fuck Tony Allen :lol. Only a matter of time before he's a Celtic again....

ginobili fan
04-30-2011, 12:49 PM
I fell a little bit better after this

Proxy
04-30-2011, 01:24 PM
Bunch of fucking idiots on this board which is the reason I don't post a lot on here and just read while shaking my head at some of the idiotic shit people post here. You need guys like Robert Horry, Bruce Bowen, and Tony Allen to get you through the playoffs.

This

You guys need to man up. Even when he talked about Manu's injury being fake, it was just talk... you guys get so butthurt over stupid shit like that. He's an old school guy... he's the kind of role player that you need for a championship.

DMC
04-30-2011, 03:12 PM
Great defenders work on their opponent all the time, even outside of the game. Just look at how Phil plays mind games with other coaches, how he plants seeds that he hopes causes the other coach to make some adjustments.

Allen is going to round 2. He did something right.

Bobsyeruncle
04-30-2011, 03:54 PM
I'm sick of seeing guys making nice during the playoffs. As much as I've always hated the Celtics, you never saw Larry Bird hugging Magic or that bitch Isaiah Thomas. He wanted to kill them on the court - no room for bro-hugs.

Chomag
04-30-2011, 04:06 PM
I would have loved to of had a player like Allen on this team. Yes, he can be bone-headed at times but Spurs would of had enough high Basketball IQ to balance it out.

Same thing with Ellie, Bowen, and even Horry. These guys had attitude, and no-one liked to play against them becuase they would get under their skin and in their head. Also they would never be afraid to get in a teamates face and tell them like it is.

Spurs current players are like the polar opposite of these guys right now.

spurs10
04-30-2011, 04:25 PM
hall of famer? in argentina?
Basketball's Hall of Fame doesn't care where you were born and isn't exclusively about the NBA. Manu's accomplishments in the NBA, Europe, and for his national team will all be recognized and honored. He's a shoe in if there ever was one.
:toast

blkroadrunners
04-30-2011, 04:49 PM
Good luck against 6'9" Kevin Durant.

DMC
04-30-2011, 05:38 PM
The Spurs in the formidable years always had a rogue "not a real Spur" player to bring the pain. This year they have a bunch of Spur-like players who are nice, don't talk much crap and no one to mix it up and get inside the other team's heads. Manu used to do that quite well, his injury really limited that.

Chomag
04-30-2011, 06:11 PM
The Spurs in the formidable years always had a rogue "not a real Spur" player to bring the pain. This year they have a bunch of Spur-like players who are nice, don't talk much crap and no one to mix it up and get inside the other team's heads. Manu used to do that quite well, his injury really limited that.

Your right, throughout the Spurs championship era run; first it was Ellie, then it was Kevin Willis, then Bowen, and even Horry to some extent.

Not sure if I got that order right but you get the picture.

elbamba
04-30-2011, 08:03 PM
Spurs fans need to quit their fucking whining. Everyone of us would love him or Battier on our team. Everything being said about Allen, every teams fan base was saying about Bowen and the whole team just 5 years ago

Bowen was not a trash talker, at least not to the media. That is a major difference.

ploto
04-30-2011, 11:56 PM
I could not believe I was agreeing with JVG when he said that all teams someone a "little crazy" like Tony Allen.