PDA

View Full Version : Are you excited about rebuilding?

tim_duncan_fan
04-29-2011, 11:29 PM
It is inevitable so you may as well embrace it!

And I said "excited about" not "happy to be".

LakerHater
04-29-2011, 11:30 PM
Im pissed off about right now!

redskinfan
04-29-2011, 11:32 PM
We got some young pieces like Anderson who will be like getting an extra first round draft pick and Neal and Hill, if we can get us a nice back up point guard and a real small forward just maybe we dont have to fall that hard!

alchemist
04-29-2011, 11:32 PM
there's nothing exciting about rebuilding, especially since the Spurs have enough talent to win 50 games a year meaning they won't be picking up #1's anytime soon.

TD will have to be sacrificed (traded) to get some talent or the Spurs will be stuck in mediocre land (without #1 picks)

SenorSpur
04-29-2011, 11:34 PM
In order to rebuild, some of the dead weight (RJ and Bonner especially) will need to be jettisoned.

Will Pop and RC have the stones to do it?

Borosai
04-29-2011, 11:36 PM
The Spurs will rebuild when Duncan and Manu are gone. So, no, not yet.

redskinfan
04-29-2011, 11:36 PM
In order to rebuild, some of the dead weight (RJ and Bonner especially) will need to be jettisoned.

Will Pop and RC have the stones to do it?

I think they can package Dick and Blair, maybe we can convince Jordan to take these clowns on for a Diaw or that young power forward who's name is eluding me.

rogcl1
04-29-2011, 11:38 PM
We got some young pieces like Anderson who will be like getting an extra first round draft pick and Neal and Hill, if we can get us a nice back up point guard and a real small forward just maybe we dont have to fall that hard!

We need big guys period. Big , tough aggresive big guys and those guys don't grow on trees. And one or more of those big guys have to have a decent postup game. It will not be easy.

mexicanjunior
04-29-2011, 11:45 PM
I'll be excited once we are in the lottery with a chance at a franchise player again...

tim_duncan_fan
04-29-2011, 11:48 PM
It won't be easy, but difficult choices need to be made.

I don't want this same team in the playoffs next year. It would be pointless.

Tim stays as long as he wants, even after the wheels fall off, but these other guys...we do what we must to get youth and length.

Neal is a keeper if for no other reason than his cajones.

Bonner and Jefferson must go. We simply can not afford to have them on the roster as they cost waaay too much in terms of wins.

If we can get rid of Parker and whoever else (except Tim) for up and comers, do it.

Dice will retire.

I don't care for Blair unless we move him to small forward. Don't laugh-- he has quick feet and he can't play 4 or 5.

I like these guys:

Tim, Manu, Neal, Hill (as a sixth man or 2-guard), Splitter, Anderson, and Greene but none but Tim are untouchable.

Russ
04-29-2011, 11:49 PM
Oh joy.

underdawg
04-29-2011, 11:55 PM
The Spurs will rebuild when Duncan and Manu are gone. So, no, not yet.

the Spurs need to rebuild now (with the big 3 still present) - the FO has done a poor job of surrounding 3 great players with good role players. The next few years will be a Spurs team that has 3 good players that need to be surrounded by really good role players. Pop is not the coach or GM that can accomplish that task (Buford isn't either)

Spurtacus
04-29-2011, 11:57 PM
We're not rebuilding till 2012 offseason.

stealthjbravo
04-29-2011, 11:57 PM
Tiago Splitter along side Lucas Nogueira and we are golden for another decade.

BobEX
04-30-2011, 12:12 AM
Kind of. I'm excited about the next generation of Spurs basketball, but I will miss the current core when they are gone. Their championship window is closed, but they are among the best ever to play in the NBA. 80's Lakers/Celtics/Pistons, 90's Bulls/Rockets, 00's Lakers/Spurs.

SenorSpur
04-30-2011, 12:39 AM
The sooner one embraces the suckiness, the sooner the rebulding can begin. The sooner you rebuild, the sooner you can get back to respectability.