PDA

View Full Version : At 80-79...

TheSpurglar
04-29-2011, 11:34 PM
I thought the Grizzlies would tighten up and the game would be over in favor of the Spurs. Hollins called that timeout and I just knew Pop would be over there focusing the Spurs for the finish. Instead, the Spurs tightened up, Memphis went back to the physical, grabbing, grinding, deflecting team they were for practically the entire series and the Spurs buckled under the pressure. When Conley came back in, I was baffled as to why Pop didn't have Parker ISO against him every time down the court, because you knew he'd have to play softer with 5 fouls or he was gone, but other than that I don't really have too many gripes about what happened down the stretch. The Grizzlies played better, Randolph played out of his mind, and I give them all the credit in the world for it. Some of the shots Randolph hit were contested so fiercely that I thought they had absolutely no chance... and they hit nothing but net. McDyess swamped Dirk last year with defense like that, and Randolph rose above it with seeming ease. Props. :toast

TDMVPDPOY
04-29-2011, 11:36 PM
shouldve attacked the rim when conley was back...

fkn

TheSpurglar
04-29-2011, 11:46 PM
shouldve attacked the rim when conley was back...

fkn

Definitely. I was yelling it at the screen every time down the court, but that only works in championship years, I guess.

TE
04-29-2011, 11:54 PM
We shot to many jumpshots with that lead.

Spurtacus
04-29-2011, 11:56 PM
Heart of the Grizzly Bear.

Too bad our Grizzly Blair was ineffective then benched.