http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/110429_ginobili.html

Tony Parker

http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/110429_parker.html

Antonio McDyess

http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/110429_mcdyess.html

Highlights

http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/110429_highlights.html

Ginobili's Buzzer-Beater

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/playoffs/2011/04/29/0041000146_sas_mem_play10.nba/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

Nathan89
04-30-2011, 12:48 AM
Thanks for all the effort you put into this site.:toast

arles
04-30-2011, 10:56 AM
thanx. so sad.

gospursgojas
04-30-2011, 11:26 AM
"Is this as tough as lose as you have experianced?"

Tim: "Easily"

duncan228
04-30-2011, 04:30 PM
Post-Game Quotes (http://www.nba.com/grizzlies/)

Gregg Popovich

“First I want to congratulate the Grizzlies on a fine job. They were the better team and they played better than we did. I thought their athleticism, their strength, their size really hurt us offensively. We could not get a lot done; we really had trouble scoring against their defense. They deserve a lot of credit for that. Obviously, I am sad about the loss but happy for them and what they have accomplished. It has been a while for the city, so congrats to those guys.”

“Lionel (Hollins) was great. He had a game plan. The defense that he has instituted with that team is pretty impressive.”

(On the last three minutes in the fourth quarter) “Zach (Randolph) was great. (Mike) Conley hit a jumper, and then Zach scored three times in a row. They did it, and they have done it in other games. They finished very, very well.”

(On what the Grizzlies did to make it out on top) “Zach (Randolph) was great. Marc Gasol is really underrated. He busts his butt down there and he gets his position and really goes after the board strong. He is physical. They did a wonderful job.”

(On the rarity of an eight-seed beating a one-seed) “Most people would think that, but they don’t understand the West. We split with them during the season. All of us basically split with each other I am sure. It doesn’t matter what your seeding is in the West. We all know that everyone is basically as good as everybody else. We are all pretty darn close to each other.”

(On discussion with Zach Randolph after the game) “I think he is a hell of a talent and he has really turned into a heck of a team player. The success that he is having right now is well deserved and I am very happy for him. I just wanted to let him know in my own light.”

(On the remainder of the playoffs) “I am looking forward to watching some good games.”

Manu Ginobili

(On the loss) “Of course it’s disappointing. But overall, I think we lost to a team that played better than us. It hurts because we went through a great season. We got in a position to win 61 games, but we couldn’t maintain that kind of high level of competition. We got beat by a tough, young, aggressive team. They did things better than us.”

(On getting an 80-79 lead midway through the fourth quarter) “We were in a timeout and we were talking between us. We said that we were where we wanted to be with five minutes to go, up one and in a great situation. But Zach (Randolph) got hot and we turned the ball over once, missed a shot and that’s what happens in the playoffs when two teams are so close. The only game where it was a big difference was Game 4 where they beat us fair and square. All the other ones were very close. They got Game 1 because Shane (Battier) made a big shot from the wing. They got Game 3 because Zach made one. Game 5 you all saw it, so it is what it is.”

(On whether he views the outcome of the series as an upset) “It’s always an upset because one and eight is a big difference. We won 61 (games) and I don’t know how many they won (46), but the reality is that if you watched the last 15 games of the season, I’m not saying that they played better than us-but we were pretty close. They were a team rising, getting better, and we couldn’t sustain the type of basketball that we were having in January and February. We were kind of winding down a little bit. With the playoffs, the most important thing is to get there at your best possible moment.”

Tim Duncan

(On how tough this playoff series loss is) “With the seeding and the situation, I just think we’re a better team than we showed. They played really well and all that stuff, but I think we had a lot in our tank to show and I thought we could have put together a much better series. All in all, so many close games. We get one of those games to fall our way, it’s a different series. But credit to them, they did great.”

(On entering next season in the final year of his contract) “I just lost a game. I’m not even worried about any of that stuff. I’m worried about the end of the season here and that stuff will take care of itself.”

(On what he said to his teammates when he got into the locker room) “I didn’t say anything to them. We don’t need to say anything.”

Lionel Hollins

(On the series) “I’m definitely satisfied and excited about the series that just ended. Before I do anything, I just want to say congratulations to a hard-fought series with the Spurs. They are true champions. We had them on the ropes in San Antonio; they came back and won. We thought we had them on the ropes tonight; they came back and took the lead. We had to scratch and claw to overcome them. My hat is off to Pop (Gregg Popovich) and the San Antonio Spurs and their coaching staff.

(On the Grizzlies) “I’d like to just say something to my coaching staff about the job that they have done as we conclude this series. I remember when I first got here and we had an issue with responsibility. We had an issue with work ethic. That was the first thing I set out to do, try to change the culture of what it took to just get yourself a chance. Once we started getting consistent in those areas, I just tried to get them to understand how to play together. It didn’t matter who got the glory or who got the points or stats. It’s about winning. Some guys are going to rebound. Some guys are going to score and defend. I am pleased where we are. I am satisfied from the perspective that this is something really special. Not a lot of people knew about us coming in. We certainly have made some noise and turned some heads. If we hadn’t won, we would have just been another eighth seed losing to a one seed.”

(On keeping composure) “I don’t remember talking about composure. All I remember is getting them ready to score. We got the ball at the basket. My whole point was making sure we got the ball at the basket and not let it get to three points. We didn’t want them to get the win. It was a struggle. We got off to a fantastic start. They came right back and got back into the game.”

Marc Gasol

(On Zach Randolph’s performance) “The way he performed against a team that wasn’t giving him anything. He found a way to get his shots off, and made them.”

(On Greivis Vasquez’s performance) “We’re all NBA players. We’re all professionals. There are only certain minutes that the Coach (Lionel Hollins) has to play all of the guys. He loves this type of atmosphere. Trust me; he enjoys an atmosphere like this. He embraced the moment.”

Greivis Vasquez

(On the game) “I can’t even begin to describe how I feel right now – stepping up in the biggest game of my career. I’m so blessed to be on this team. It was a great, collective effort from everybody. Everybody did a great job, and we got the win. I’ve been waiting for this chance the whole season. I never really had a good chance to prove myself, and I have so much room to get better. Today was a great opportunity for me to just go out there and play my game. I don’t want to worry about myself. I am just happy that we won.”

(On players having to step up) “This is why we are going to the second round (players stepping up). It’s just a perfect team effort; sometimes it was TA (Tony Allen), sometimes it was O.J. Mayo, sometimes it was Darrell Arthur – tonight it was me. We all just want to win so bad, and the next series is going to be fun.”

Mike Conley

(On Greivis Vasquez’s performance) “I give Greivis (Vasquez) the game ball today. He did a great job of being poised, especially for a rookie. This was the biggest game he’s seen and for him to come in and handle the ball without turning it over, and he played defense very well on Tony Parker. It was unbelievable to see him. From my standpoint, on the bench, I was just clapping for him every time he made a play.”

(On what’s next) “I’m overjoyed, but we’re not done. We’re happy and celebrating tonight, but we understand that there is another tough team in front of us, so we have to come back tomorrow ready to work. They (Oklahoma City Thunder) can score in bunches and can score very quickly. They’re a very good offensive and defensive team especially with Perk (Kendrick Perkins) down low. With (Russell) Westbrook and (Kevin) Durant on the perimeter they’re a tough team. I thought we did a good job with them in the regular season – doesn’t mean much now. I think if we can play our game we’ll be fine.”