PDA

View Full Version : The "Thank You Antonio McDyess" Thread

Sausage
04-30-2011, 12:42 AM
M_Monroe_in_SA Mike Monroe
After 16 seasons, Antonio McDyess plays his final NBA game, says, "I'm pretty definite about that." One of the classiest NBA players ever.

Thank you Antonio McDyess for being such a class act and coming to San Antonio. We enjoyed seeing you in a Spurs uniform, and sorry we could not deliver you a championship here.

:flag:

mexicanjunior
04-30-2011, 12:44 AM
He tried but retiring was the right decision...

TE
04-30-2011, 12:44 AM
Damn....

Thank you Dyess, sorry you couldn't finish off your career with a ring.

Refocus
04-30-2011, 12:45 AM
Still a big Dice fan. He played well this year.

NewJerSpur
04-30-2011, 12:45 AM
Surprised me a lot in last year's playoffs in the 1st round with his energy and the defense he played on Dirk. Feel for him just like I did Grant Hill after the injuries took away from his career, but he was solid.

:toast

chasky
04-30-2011, 12:46 AM
Thank you antonio.

ElNono
04-30-2011, 12:46 AM
A joy to have as a Spur... wish we could have gotten him a little earlier... but he left it all he had out there... thanks a lot, Dice... :toast

DesignatedT
04-30-2011, 12:48 AM
Thanks Dice. Wish he got here a little earlier.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-30-2011, 12:51 AM

Huge thanks to Dice who had some really great moments for us, and was a warrior for the Pistons too, not to mention his high-flying game before the knee issues.

Glad to say that I championed his cause two years ago when almost everyone else was clamouring for Sheed, and he turned out to be a valuable Spur.

Enjoy your rest, old man. :lol

can the spurs still trade his contract? he's partially guaranteed next season.

crc21209
Thank you Dice. :toast I wanted you on this team 3-4 years before we eventually did get you. If it werent for him, we probably would have lost to Dallas last year in the 1st round. I'm really sad they couldnt win a ring for this guy....:depressed

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-30-2011, 12:53 AM
Thanks Dice. Wish we could have got you a ring. Loved your fire in this series, wish it would have carried over to the other guys on the team.

timvp
04-30-2011, 12:54 AM
Perhaps the saddest aspect of the first round loss is McDyess didn't have a fair chance to try to win a championship :depressed

Will always be a favorite of mine.

baseline bum
I have been a big fan of Dice since his early days in Denver; he was Amare Stoudemire plus rebounding and defense before the injuries. He has always been someone I wanted on this team, from his early days flushing on everyone in sight, to his days knocking down that jumper and playing great defense in Detroit's repeat bid. I hate seeing him have to end his career in such a bitter loss, and will never forget the way he guarded Dirk and how he was such a major part of pulling off the upset vs Dallas last season. I'm so glad Dice was able to battle back from those devastating knee injuries in the early 2000s. :toast to Antonio. I have enjoyed following him wherever he played, and loved seeing him here.

DMC
Thanks Dice. Had you gotten hear earlier you would be carrying some hardware. When players try to retire their way to a ring, that's often not productive.

Budkin
04-30-2011, 01:09 AM
Worst part about losing.

guillermo78228
04-30-2011, 01:12 AM
hate to see him go

TJastal
04-30-2011, 01:14 AM
If Tim Duncan would have played with the intensity and fire of Dice tonight he would have logged a 25/20 game

Good bye Dice.

Frenzy
04-30-2011, 01:23 AM
Worst part about losing.

Shit..

duncan228
04-30-2011, 01:24 AM
Couple of quotes.

Loss leaves McDyess hurting (http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/04/29/loss-leaves-mcdyess-hurting/)
Mike Monroe

...“This was my last game,” the 16-year veteran said. “I’m pretty definite on that. But this was not the way I wanted it to end.”

...“I couldn’t have played any better D,” he said. “I keep running it back in my head and I don’t think I could have done different. He hit some really freaking tough shots. I didn’t think there was any way they could go in and I’d look up and he’d made them.

“To see that happen, when you had ground and played as tough a defense as you could, it hurts. At the same time, if he’s going to make those types of shots with the type of defense I played, you have to accept it.”

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/04/29/loss-leaves-mcdyess-hurting/

scottspurs
04-30-2011, 01:26 AM
What a class act. Thank you Antonio McDyess. Enjoy retirement you deserve it.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-30-2011, 01:27 AM
Going to miss him.

Once he and Camby leave the game, its pretty much the end of an era.

Appreciate all your efforts as a Spur Dice.

TJastal
04-30-2011, 01:30 AM
Couple of quotes.

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/04/29/loss-leaves-mcdyess-hurting/

Dice should have hid Bonner's New Balance's sometime before the game started. That would have slowed Z-bo down.

Danny.Zhu
04-30-2011, 01:30 AM
Dyess you deserve much better than this garbage team.

DesignatedT
04-30-2011, 01:32 AM
Dice should have hid Bonner's New Balance's sometime before the game started. That would have slowed Z-bo down.

Dude are you serious? Z-bo destroyed every single player on our team including Duncan and Dice not just Bonner :lmao

TJastal
04-30-2011, 01:37 AM
Dude are you serious? Z-bo destroyed every single player on our team including Duncan and Dice not just Bonner :lmao

He went into hyperdrive in that critical 3rd quarter after feasting on Bonner's defense which gave him easy looks and free throws virutally every possession. After that, he was unstoppable, not even McDyess' best defense could stop him.

You really should open your fucking eyes and watch a game sometime.

loveforthegame
04-30-2011, 01:37 AM
Such a class act. It's a shame he couldn't win a ring in SA. Wish him nothing but the best.

DesignatedT
04-30-2011, 01:40 AM
He went into hyperdrive in that critical 3rd quarter after feasting on Bonner's defense which gave him easy looks and free throws virutally every possession. After that, he was unstoppable, not even McDyess' best defense could stop him.

You really should open your fucking eyes and watch a game sometime.

:lmao :lmao what the fuck are you talking about? :lol at still blaming Bonner.

I am not defending Bonners defense here but the fact is Randolph made Tim Duncan, Antonio Mcdyess and Matt Bonner all his bitch during the series. There is no excuse for any of them.

TJastal
04-30-2011, 01:53 AM

I am not defending Bonners defense here but the fact is Randolph made Tim Duncan, Antonio Mcdyess and Matt Bonner all his bitch during the series. There is no excuse for any of them.

ZBo has been feasting on Bonner in particular all series long. You may think your pulling the wool over people's eyes in your desperate attempt to defend Pop (which is your purpose here, obviously) but your not succeeding.

DesignatedT
04-30-2011, 01:58 AM
ZBo has been feasting on Bonner in particular all series long. You may think your pulling the wool over people's eyes in your desperate attempt to defend Pop (which is your purpose here, obviously) but your not succeeding.

:lmao that is definitely not my purpose. Fact is Randolph shit on Dice and Duncan just as much as he did Bonner so singling out any one of them is retarded and makes no sense...they all got abused and I never once saw Randolph being held in check by any one of those guys. Just found it amusing that we just got knocked out of the first round and you are still babbling on pointing fingers at Bonner :lmao get over it.

TJastal
04-30-2011, 02:02 AM
:lmao that is definitely not my purpose. Fact is Randolph shit on Dice and Duncan just as much as he did Bonner so singling out any one of them is retarded and makes no sense...they all got abused and I never once saw Randolph being held in check by any one of those guys. Just found it amusing that we just got knocked out of the first round and you are still babbling on pointing fingers at Bonner :lmao get over it.

Throughout the series, Duncan did not get abused to nearly the extent Bonner did. Neither did McDyess. The shots Randolph was making in that
4th quarter (against Dice) after Bonner got Randolph going in the 3rd were pure prayers. Any other time those shots would be bricks, even Dice said himself he played his best defense in that time frame. You should really add reading to the list of things you need to learn.

DesignatedT
04-30-2011, 02:07 AM
Throughout the series, Duncan did not get abused to nearly the extent Bonner did. Neither did McDyess. The shots Randolph was making in that
3rd quarter (against Dice) after Bonner got Randolph going were pure prayers. Any other time those shots would be bricks, even Dice said himself he played his best defense in that time frame. You should really add reading to the list of things you need to learn.

Randolph was making unbelievable shots all series, not just tonight. As good as Dice' defense was it clearly wasn't good enough. Dice didn't by any means shut down Randolph at any point in this series and if he was making Randolph "work harder" for his points it sure didn't seem like it as Randolph had plenty in the tank down the stretch of every close game and pretty much put every close game away with Dice as the defender. Randolph continuously destroyed all our bigs on the glass and in the paint.

Singling out Bonner after all our bigs got abused is pretty lame.

DrSteffo
04-30-2011, 02:09 AM
Thank you Dice. Classy guy from start to finish.

TJastal
04-30-2011, 02:10 AM
Randolph was making unbelievable shots all series, not just tonight. As good as Dice' defense was it clearly wasn't good enough. Dice didn't by any means shut down Randolph at any point in this series and if he was making Randolph "work harder" for his points it sure didn't seem like it as Randolph had plenty in the tank down the stretch of every close game and pretty much put every close game away with Dice as the defender. Randolph continuously destroyed all our bigs on the glass and in the paint.

Singling out Bonner after all our bigs got abused is pretty lame.

Half the reason he destroyed "the other bigs in the paint" is because they had to continually leave him to go double Bonner's man (whoever he was guarding, really didn't matter)

carina_gino20
04-30-2011, 02:15 AM
:depressed

Obstructed_View
04-30-2011, 02:36 AM
It would be a major shame in failing to get Dice a ring if he weren't such a pivotal reason why they couldn't get out of the first round.

mattyc
04-30-2011, 02:37 AM
Great guy. Good luck to him. Played some good ball for the Spurs but I can't help but think that we put too much workload on him in his final year.

Will be missed.

Obstructed_View
04-30-2011, 02:38 AM

I am not defending Bonners defense here but the fact is Randolph made Antonio Mcdyess and Matt Bonner all his bitch during the series. There is no excuse for any of them.

Fixed. Duncan more than held his own against Randolph.

Chomag
04-30-2011, 02:42 AM
He was a warrior out there, I wish the Spurs could have gotten him a ring.

timtonymanu
04-30-2011, 02:54 AM
Wish I could have read the post in this thread saying "Finally McDyess. You got a ring." :depressed

Anyway thanks for everything McDyess. Sucks we're stuck with RJ and Bonner instead.

v2freak
04-30-2011, 02:56 AM
Thank you, Dice. Proud that you retired a Spur

Ditty
04-30-2011, 02:58 AM
I hope he pulls a pj brown and comes back in the middle of season next year and takes the minimum, hopefully we will have another 7 footer at that time, and bonner,, and possibly blair gone.

Splits
04-30-2011, 02:59 AM
Dice can go fuck himself for his sorry ass effort. The last person I'd want back on this squad is him. I'm glad he didn't, and will never, win a ring. He was horrible and showed no heart.

TDMVPDPOY
04-30-2011, 03:03 AM
do players get participation medals?

SA210
04-30-2011, 09:26 AM
Loved the effort Dice. God Bless him.

Russ
04-30-2011, 09:50 AM
The Spurs caught a huge break when Rasheed turned them down and McDyess "fell" to them.

McDyess did everything the Spurs asked and more.

He's one of the few current role players who could have played on those title teams.

carina_gino20
04-30-2011, 09:51 AM
I'll miss his jumper. That shot is sweet. Too bad it didn't fall this series.

myhc
04-30-2011, 09:52 AM
Thanks Dice! You will be missed. One of my favorite Spurs of all time.

Dice can go fuck himself for his sorry ass effort. The last person I'd want back on this squad is him. I'm glad he didn't, and will never, win a ring. He was horrible and showed no heart.

so how much money did you lose from betting against the Griz? 2 grand? 5 grand? :lol

DieHardSpursFan1537
04-30-2011, 10:04 AM
I thought he was coming back next season.....Bummer. :(

NickiRasgo
04-30-2011, 10:11 AM
Thank you Dice!:depressed

Bruno
04-30-2011, 10:14 AM
McDyess has had a great career despite his injuries and he is a great off the court guy.

Saying that, he hasn't been that great with Spurs considered how much money he was paid. It's time for him to retire.

Spurs have a nice trade asset with his partially guaranteed expiring contract. Hopefully, they can turn it into somethign good in a trade even if it won't be easy with Spurs' financial constraints.

InTheCrust
04-30-2011, 10:15 AM
damn shame wouldn't deliver for him, thinking he could pull a michael finley after he came so close in 2005.

class act really, could have been a MUCH better player. he was so explosive and athletic, but basketball can sweep your legs from right under you.

dice, you will be missed.

Spurs Brazil
04-30-2011, 06:40 PM
Thanks Dice!

tiagosplitter profile

tiagosplitter Best wishes to Antonio Mcdyess, great player and person!!!

Obstructed_View
04-30-2011, 07:05 PM
Would have rather had Kurt Thomas.

Ross Parrot
04-30-2011, 07:09 PM
Antonio McDyess is showing the same heart any veteran does. Kurt Thomas wouldn't made it any different. Good luck on your future, Dice!:toast

objective
04-30-2011, 07:19 PM
I'm thankful for his contributions. Best of luck to him in his future endeavors, I'm sure he'll be an asset to basketball no matter what.

Also not sad that he's retiring. Great guy, class act, but just another Pop-Lovefest player who received time instead of a player who needed it. If he comes back, he's hurting the team.

Obstructed_View
04-30-2011, 07:33 PM
Antonio McDyess is showing the same heart any veteran does. Kurt Thomas wouldn't made it any different. Good luck on your future, Dice!:toast

I'm not sure what heart means when you aren't playing defense. I'd rather have defense.

Vinnie_Johnson
04-30-2011, 07:39 PM
Damn you Spurs Dice should have a ring first the Pistons failed him now you guys. Thanks Dice for all your great years SA and Det miss you.

fotan2
04-30-2011, 07:50 PM
:depressed:(

Roger Freemason Jr.
04-30-2011, 08:14 PM
Seriously... Next season, Pop better make some adjustments, because right now I'm filled with hatred for Randolph, & I want nothing more than to see the Spurs crush the Grizzlies every time they meet.

Capt Bringdown
04-30-2011, 08:17 PM
Dice's rookie year, 95-96, marked the debut of the Vancouver Grizzlies. Nice guy, but I think he was over-matched and over-the-hill for the role the Spurs expected him to play. As Duncan's career has wound down, adding stiffs such as Kurt Thomas and Dice to the roster hasn't helped at all IMO.

Zero_Twilight
04-30-2011, 08:47 PM
This is heart breaking and really chokes me up. I REALLY, really wanted Dice to get a ring the same way that Fin got one playing here. :depressed

If I could take James Whites ring and give it to Dice, I wouldn't think twice.

Seeing Dice on the court with Timmy often gave me flashes of #50. If only we had you in your prime. Both of them were smiles and soft-spoken off the court but transformed into beasts as soon as the ball tipped.

Thanks for everything Dice. You're all class and wish you all the best for your future endeavors. I will miss you.

Darrin
04-30-2011, 08:50 PM
http://blog.mlive.com/kzgazette/2008/05/large_Pistons.jpg

4-straight Conference Finals, 1 NBA Finals Appearance, 1 All-NBA Selection, 2-time All-Star, finished 4th in Sixth Man voting in 2006, Antonio McDyess was one of the best defenders and post scorers, a tough-nosed player full of ritual. Whether putting up 20-12-2-2 numbers in Denver or coming off the bench for the Pistons and the Spurs, he was a winner, loyal to his emplorer, and a gentleman. It's too bad that he was robbed of a Hall-of-Fame career by his knee injuries, but he battled back and had a solid career, an important second chapter, after those injuries almost washed him out of the league. He remains one of my all-time favorite Pistons. Goodbye, Dyess. We'll miss you dearly.

baseline bum
04-30-2011, 08:51 PM
Dice's rookie year, 95-96, marked the debut of the Vancouver Grizzlies. Nice guy, but I think he was over-matched and over-the-hill for the role the Spurs expected him to play. As Duncan's career has wound down, adding stiffs such as Kurt Thomas and Dice to the roster hasn't helped at all IMO.

I don't agree with this at all. Kurt Thomas was huge in getting past Phoenix in 08. I mean no way the Spurs win the series with Fabricio guarding O'Neal. Didn't Oberto end up getting injured in half the games he guarded Shaq? Dice was outstanding in the Dallas series last season. He's the only guy the Spurs could throw on Dirk and not get killed by him every time down the floor at the end of games. If the Spurs had '10 McDyess in '06 they probably beat the Mavs and win another title.

Obstructed_View
04-30-2011, 08:59 PM
If the Spurs had '10 McDyess in '06 he'd have been sitting on the bench next to Oberto, Rasho and Nazr while Michael Finley played power forward.

Darrin
04-30-2011, 09:11 PM
If the Spurs had '10 McDyess in '06 he'd have been sitting on the bench next to Oberto, Rasho and Nazr while Michael Finley played power forward.

You want '08 McDyess, not '10.

baseline bum
04-30-2011, 09:12 PM

No way. Dice wouldn't have been shooting threes against Sacramento.

baseline bum
04-30-2011, 09:20 PM
You want '08 McDyess, not '10.

If we're gonna play that game, then I want '98 McDyess.

Obstructed_View
04-30-2011, 09:25 PM
No way. Dice wouldn't have been shooting threes against Sacramento.

Got damn you, Nazr!

Actually, Rasho paid for that three as much as Nazr did. Technically, so did Duncan.

1Parker1
04-30-2011, 09:33 PM
Did I miss something? I thought I remember reading an article/interview with him right around the all star break when the Spurs were kicking butt where he said he'd like to play for one more year with the Spurs and come back next season. He mentioned something about how he loves this group of guys and with the way Pop manages his minutes, he still feels like he can extend his career.

Is it because the Spurs got swept and are more likely not going to be champsionship contenders next year that he decided to retire?

james evans
04-30-2011, 09:35 PM
thanks for what? get him out of here. him, bonner, and ESPECIALLY richard jefferson. those dudes have got to go. it's one thing if you're giving up points but giving points too. but if you're giving up points and not giving anything in return, u are worthless.

Obstructed_View
04-30-2011, 09:47 PM
Did I miss something? I thought I remember reading an article/interview with him right around the all star break when the Spurs were kicking butt where he said he'd like to play for one more year with the Spurs and come back next season. He mentioned something about how he loves this group of guys and with the way Pop manages his minutes, he still feels like he can extend his career.

Is it because the Spurs got swept and are more likely not going to be champsionship contenders next year that he decided to retire?

If memory serves, that was a rumor that Dice squashed pretty soon after the break.

Sean Cagney
04-30-2011, 09:50 PM
Dyess thanks for the game winner this year and others shots you hit last year to beat Dallas in that playoff series! You did some things here and gave it your all bro! Dyess is a great dude and was a great player in his prime but it's his time.

SenorSpur
04-30-2011, 09:55 PM

Here's to Dice. A man's man, a professional player's player and a class act. It was a joy to have him in a Spurs uniform. Sure wish we had gotten him a bit earlier in his career.

Good luck in retirement.

CP48107
04-30-2011, 10:23 PM
I wish he can see Spurstalk and realizes how much we appreciate him. Nobody can fools father time, but if he is 10 years younger, this "might" be a different playoff series. I remembered the day he played for Denver and dunked on people like Blake Griffins does.

I felt bad that he never won a ring.

Sigz
04-30-2011, 10:46 PM
Didn't he earlier say, prior to the playoffs, that he was gonna give it one more go?

NRHector
04-30-2011, 10:53 PM
Thanks Dice :toast good luck in the future if you don't come back next year. You helped alot to the Spurs and is appreciated.

da_suns_fan
04-30-2011, 11:52 PM
Loved him both times he was on the Suns.

Geez Im getting old. I remember so well Kidd and Rex Chapman trying to stop him from going back to Denver.

timtonymanu
05-01-2011, 12:03 AM
Loved him both times he was on the Suns.

Geez Im getting old. I remember so well Kidd and Rex Chapman trying to stop him from going back to Denver.

Wasn't he on Suns' fans most hated players? Guess you're in the minority.

SenorSpur
05-01-2011, 02:21 AM
Didn't he earlier say, prior to the playoffs, that he was gonna give it one more go?

Apparently that was mis-reported. He came back letter and proclaimed this season was definitely his last.

If nothing else, the Spurs can use his partially-guaranteed contracts as a trade asset. Dice will still get his money regardless.

jimo2305
05-01-2011, 06:42 AM
sorry mcdyess..
sure wish we had a better team to surround you.. :(
you couldn't have played any better D but fate rules overall..
enjoy the retirement.. and thanks for a great season

yavozerb
05-01-2011, 04:42 PM
People seem to forget how good this guy was in his prime..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQC5g7yezgs&feature=related

Dice
05-01-2011, 05:42 PM
I'm not sure what heart means when you aren't playing defense. I'd rather have defense.

You're a dumbass.

Rebounds
05-01-2011, 09:30 PM
I talked to Antonio at a party 3 weeks ago. I used that opportunity to thank him for the buzzer beating game winner putback against LA. He was gracious, smiled and shook my hand, didn't say anything.
Thanks Dice!

Spurologist
05-01-2011, 09:57 PM
Cheers Dice....you always gave it your all. You rightfully called out the team when you needed to. Too bad we couldn't deliver you a ring. Thanks for your hard work.

Spurologist
05-01-2011, 09:59 PM
AW7w27d7oKU

TeKu
05-01-2011, 10:59 PM
Thanks Dice, you deserved a much better swansong.

Libri
05-01-2011, 11:10 PM
It's a shame he didn't get a ring. Thanks Dice!

MI21
05-02-2011, 02:41 AM
One of my very favourite players of all-time.

A guy who overcame injuries to become a fantastic role player. He really was all athleticism early on and it's a tribute to his dedication that he developed such an awesome mid-range game to extend his career.

It's a travesty players like Bonner have a ring while McDyess doesn't.

peskypesky
05-02-2011, 02:51 AM
Thank you, Dice. You are a class act and a great player and it saddens me that you didn't get a ring with the Spurs. You deserve one.

Slippy
05-02-2011, 04:38 AM
I absolutely love Dice's attitude . It's a damn shame we couln't give him a ring.

All the best to him.

Obstructed_View
05-02-2011, 05:37 AM
You're a dumbass.

Dumbass? I'm not the one who wants a warrior getting his ass handed to him under the basket for six games because he has heart.

Dice
05-02-2011, 07:25 AM
Dumbass? I'm not the one who wants a warrior getting his ass handed to him under the basket for six games because he has heart.

Oklahoma City didn't stop Randolf either. I guess they have a weak front line. I don't know if you watched the game but Zack had 34 points. Those guys didn't put near the pressure or the body on him that McDyess did.

Go complain about how bad you think McDyess was in a thread that's not called "Thank You Antonio McDyess". As you can probably see from the responses, not a lot of people agree with your "obstructed view".

And anyone that puts the loss of this series on McDyess and his guarding of Randolf is a dumbass.

Fireball
05-02-2011, 07:35 AM
Thanks Dice for everything ... you are a class act who even at this age can do some ferocious dunks.

Dice played tough defense against the Grizzlies except for game 1 where he was sleepwalking. Still think we could have won that game without Manu if it would not have been at noon ...

yavozerb
05-02-2011, 08:40 AM

Last I checked Serge Ibaka and Kendrick Perkins were pretty good and Randolph still got 34-10. So yes, you sound like a dumbass talking bad about Mcdyess's defense...

Obstructed_View
05-02-2011, 11:14 AM
Last I checked Serge Ibaka and Kendrick Perkins were pretty good and Randolph still got 34-10. So yes, you sound like a dumbass talking bad about Mcdyess's defense...

Neither of those guys are nearly as good as Duncan, who's the reason Zbo didn't go for 34 against the Spurs.

TwelveGs210
05-02-2011, 12:00 PM
Thank you McDyess, for waiting until the the playoffs to decide your normally accurate mid range jumper no longer goes in the basket.

ambchang
05-02-2011, 12:10 PM
Dice was great, loved him on the Spurs, too bad he didn't join earlier.

Spurs stopped him from his ring in 05, then didn't win one after he joined.

Venti Quattro
05-02-2011, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the great years, Dice

Dice
05-02-2011, 12:16 PM
Neither of those guys are nearly as good as Duncan, who's the reason Zbo didn't go for 34 against the Spurs.

:lol

bigdog
05-02-2011, 02:25 PM
Honestly, the biggest reason for my sadness in this year's Spurs season was that we couldn't get Dice a ring. Since the beginning of the season, that's what I wanted. That's why he came to San Antonio, but it turned out as a disaster in the end. More than the decline of Timmy, more than the loss of defensive identity of the team, I just wanted Dice to get a ring. Sorry, Dice. You're an ultimate class act. Thank you for putting it all on the line. Thanks for everything.

yavozerb
05-02-2011, 02:36 PM

:lol, your right, he only went for 31 in game 6...

spursince#99
05-02-2011, 02:55 PM
THANK YOU DICE FOR 2 GREAT SEASONS...much well respected dude around the league...he was a great player minus injuries and was a great act and a great ball player in his Denver and Detroit days...Much Love...

pancakechef
05-02-2011, 08:42 PM
Thanks man. For stealing minutes from players that could have helped us and creating a HUMAN C-BLOCK with BONNER. I loved the way you disrupted the best season in SA history by starting after 65 games and taking BLAIR'S place in the starting lineup. And even though Blair was statistically our best Big man in reference to minutes played I loved the way you came in with a worse rating than Bonner and just gobbled up those minutes.

More importantly I love how we wasted two years on you so that you could prove to everyone just how you could shot uncontested from the elbow and connect 2 or 3 times a game. Your 6 points per game was just what we needed when we went from scoring over 100 running to scoring 80-something in POPS BS halfcourt system.

I loved watching Hill collect more rebounds than you in less minutes. And I loved watching the subs come in and how my hopes got really high when I thought you were injured and done for. But no, you continued to log minutes and be the plague that you always have been on the offensive side of the ball. It is impressive to me how you are so tall and "athletic" that you literally cannot score in the post or catch a pass cutting through the lane.

Yes McDyess, I truly thank you for being on Offense what Matt Bonner is to defense. Your contract was excellent. You did everything the smartest coach in the world wanted you to. You held down the post and made it very difficult for people to score in the paint.... I also liked the crucial TOs in momentum building moments.

McDyess. I thank you. For I have never seen a player besides matt bonner single handedly destroy momentum, as well as team chemistry like you. Yes I thank you for being the only big man to never draw a defensive foul in the paint.

Great work. The Spurs should just give you every ring that any Spur has ever received.

Dice
05-03-2011, 06:22 AM
Thanks man. For stealing minutes from players that could have helped us and creating a HUMAN C-BLOCK with BONNER. I loved the way you disrupted the best season in SA history by starting after 65 games and taking BLAIR'S place in the starting lineup. And even though Blair was statistically our best Big man in reference to minutes played I loved the way you came in with a worse rating than Bonner and just gobbled up those minutes.

More importantly I love how we wasted two years on you so that you could prove to everyone just how you could shot uncontested from the elbow and connect 2 or 3 times a game. Your 6 points per game was just what we needed when we went from scoring over 100 running to scoring 80-something in POPS BS halfcourt system.

I loved watching Hill collect more rebounds than you in less minutes. And I loved watching the subs come in and how my hopes got really high when I thought you were injured and done for. But no, you continued to log minutes and be the plague that you always have been on the offensive side of the ball. It is impressive to me how you are so tall and "athletic" that you literally cannot score in the post or catch a pass cutting through the lane.

Yes McDyess, I truly thank you for being on Offense what Matt Bonner is to defense. Your contract was excellent. You did everything the smartest coach in the world wanted you to. You held down the post and made it very difficult for people to score in the paint.... I also liked the crucial TOs in momentum building moments.

McDyess. I thank you. For I have never seen a player besides matt bonner single handedly destroy momentum, as well as team chemistry like you. Yes I thank you for being the only big man to never draw a defensive foul in the paint.

Great work. The Spurs should just give you every ring that any Spur has ever received.

You're a fucktard. You analysis is is pretty much incorrect in all aspects.

Wait a minute, were these game against the Grizzlies your first Spur's games you've seen? Ah, nevermind. Even then you fucking blew it with most everything you said. But you wrote this at nearly 9:00 yesterday and grade school can be pretty tough so you were probably tuckered out with it being so late.

Keep trollin.

++SaiNt TiAg0++
05-03-2011, 06:54 AM
wish we had him around the time denver got rid of him up until now, we would have definitely got him some rings and he would of helped us get some too! loved his competitiveness this season one of the very few spurs with balls and what a great person again it pisses me opff we didnt have this gentlemen alot longer

pancakechef
05-03-2011, 06:56 AM
So you are telling me we had a better win % during McDyess starting?

Or are you saying that McDyess helped us win the series?

Or are you saying he scored a lot of paint points?

Or are you saying we didnt change tempo from games 66-67 through the playoffs?

Or are you saying that McDyess played great D on Gasol/Randolph?

Or are you saying that McD didnt turn the ball over DURING OUTLET SITUATIONS that led to momentum busts?

Its not trolling when you speak the truth and watch the games. Great thought though. Instead of trying to refute the ideas with logic you use foul language and no facts....

Keep name calling, it proves that you cant logically argue.

McDyess did nothing for us but prevent people from getting minutes. You know how I know? Randolph Gasol looked better than Duncan in his prime AND we dont have any more rings since his signing.... FAIL

Zero_Twilight
05-03-2011, 11:52 AM

Or are you saying that McDyess helped us win the series?

Or are you saying he scored a lot of paint points?

Or are you saying we didnt change tempo from games 66-67 through the playoffs?

Or are you saying that McDyess played great D on Gasol/Randolph?

Or are you saying that McD didnt turn the ball over DURING OUTLET SITUATIONS that led to momentum busts?

Its not trolling when you speak the truth and watch the games. Great thought though. Instead of trying to refute the ideas with logic you use foul language and no facts....

McDyess did nothing for us but prevent people from getting minutes. You know how I know? Randolph Gasol looked better than Duncan in his prime AND we dont have any more rings since his signing.... FAIL

So, of all the threads you chose to express your displeasure for Antonio Mcdeyess, it's the "farewell thank you" thread...wow.

Reading your idiotic post makes it seem like it was all Antonio's fault for the losses...you make it seem as if you - yourself, are perfect and sports players are sub-human.

Have you seen Antonio play before he was hurt? The fact he is still playing shows how much of a warrior this man is. You will never, EVER amount to even a fraction of what Antonio is. San Antonio is blessed to even have this guy however late in his career. A real class act and a true "Spur."

Now take a look in the mirror tough guy, who the fuck are you?

Rummpd
05-03-2011, 01:18 PM
Thank you for playing and retiring when you should - you did your best always. Class act.

pancakechef
05-03-2011, 02:19 PM
So, of all the threads you chose to express your displeasure for Antonio Mcdeyess, it's the "farewell thank you" thread...wow.

Reading your idiotic post makes it seem like it was all Antonio's fault for the losses...you make it seem as if you - yourself, are perfect and sports players are sub-human.

Have you seen Antonio play before he was hurt? The fact he is still playing shows how much of a warrior this man is. You will never, EVER amount to even a fraction of what Antonio is. San Antonio is blessed to even have this guy however late in his career. A real class act and a true "Spur."

Now take a look in the mirror tough guy, who the fuck are you?

Great response. And I did take a look at him before he came. I stated that he was a horrible signing and wasteful because he was old and couldnt STOP any of the YOUNG STARS. Additionally I said that we needed a post scorer, which he isnt. He scores 6ppg and was an ALL STAR 20 years ago. Not what we needed.

To answer your question I am a logical fan who doesnt jump on the bandwagon any time a move is made. He isnt a warrior, or even a good ball player. He got ate up by Memphis and was highly overrated. Maybe a nice guy, but thats not really what I care about.

Thanks for giving ZERO valid points. And yes. Losing the season was virtually his fault. See previous post for explanation.

Thanks

TJastal
05-03-2011, 02:35 PM
Great response. And I did take a look at him before he came. I stated that he was a horrible signing and wasteful because he was old and couldnt STOP any of the YOUNG STARS. Additionally I said that we needed a post scorer, which he isnt. He scores 6ppg and was an ALL STAR 20 years ago. Not what we needed.

To answer your question I am a logical fan who doesnt jump on the bandwagon any time a move is made. He isnt a warrior, or even a good ball player. He got ate up by Memphis and was highly overrated. Maybe a nice guy, but thats not really what I care about.

Thanks for giving ZERO valid points. And yes. Losing the season was virtually his fault. See previous post for explanation.

Thanks

Not McDyess' fault Popovich had him playing a bigger role than he should've. McDyess was very good coming off the bench for 15 minutes a game, esp when paired with his little pupil, Blair. And he had some great moments (ie last second putback against the lakers).

Really not his fault Pop wouldn't use Splitter in the starting lineup and had to have his ginger playing 20+ minutes a game. IMO that totally screwed his role on the team (and screwed Blair's too).

pancakechef
05-03-2011, 04:05 PM
I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THIS SENTIMENT TJ.... McDyess, like Bonner are effective in tiny increments. But once we see they are ineffective they should be back on the bench because both are liabilities on both sides of the ball.

And I guess maybe the point does come back to that. McDyess, no matter how good of a character, was not in any way a benefit to our team in terms of WINNING basketball games.

This, in fact, was my main point 2 years ago.

Brazil
05-03-2011, 04:50 PM
14 posts and already a reputation :lol

Dice
05-03-2011, 08:14 PM

Or are you saying that McDyess helped us win the series? He helped as much as was expected of him. Other players lackluster performances were not his fault.

Or are you saying he scored a lot of paint points? Was he expected to? He came to this team as a jump shooter. You know who else didn't score a lot of points in the paint this series? The whole f#cking team.

Or are you saying we didnt change tempo from games 66-67 through the playoffs? Which just happened to coincide with Duncan's injury?

Or are you saying that McDyess played great D on Gasol/Randolph? He played better D than anyone else on the team. If I remember correctly he was the only one guarding an all-star.

Or are you saying that McD didnt turn the ball over DURING OUTLET SITUATIONS that led to momentum busts? I always wonder why no one complains about Manu and Tony's turnovers. George Hill did a good job of handing the ball over as well. But you're probably right, his 1.2 turnovers a game and especial those 0 turnovers in the final game really hurt the team.

If you watched the games this season and think that McDyess didn't help this team win then you're a fucktard, plain and simple. BTW I use the foul language because I don't appreciate some jackoff kid who probably can't even dribble a ball coming in here and trolling a thread dedicated to thanking a player for his effort. Thus the name calling. Bitch.

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THIS SENTIMENT TJ.... McDyess, like Bonner are effective in tiny increments. But once we see they are ineffective they should be back on the bench because both are liabilities on both sides of the ball.

And I guess maybe the point does come back to that. McDyess, no matter how good of a character, was not in any way a benefit to our team in terms of WINNING basketball games.

This, in fact, was my main point 2 years ago.

You only joined a year ago. Who were you talking to 2 years ago? Your fifth grade lunch table? Once again the people that watched the games know how McDyess affected this team. See the first 4 pages of posts. Oh, and who was it that tipped in that game winner against the Lakers? Was that McDyess?? Well then I guess he helped win ONE game at least.

Now tell me that the Spurs would have been up by 20 in all the games McDyess contributed had Tiago been in there instead.

Come at me brah.

The ADMIRAL 50
05-03-2011, 09:53 PM
McDyess played his ass off in that Memphis series. Hands down had the most heart out there. Thanks for everything Dice, sorry we couldnt get a ring for you.

pancakechef
05-04-2011, 06:32 AM
If you watched the games this season and think that McDyess didn't help this team win then you're a fucktard, plain and simple. BTW I use the foul language because I don't appreciate some jackoff kid who probably can't even dribble a ball coming in here and trolling a thread dedicated to thanking a player for his effort. Thus the name calling. Bitch.

You only joined a year ago. Who were you talking to 2 years ago? Your fifth grade lunch table? Once again the people that watched the games know how McDyess affected this team. See the first 4 pages of posts. Oh, and who was it that tipped in that game winner against the Lakers? Was that McDyess?? Well then I guess he helped win ONE game at least.

Now tell me that the Spurs would have been up by 20 in all the games McDyess contributed had Tiago been in there instead.

Come at me brah.

McDyess is an awful player. He was a decent defender 10 years ago. He never gained an offensive game. If you call 4 elbow shots a game, with ZERO post moves effective then maybe you should re-evaluate what a basketball player should do.

So in 2 years McDyess helped us win 1 regular season game, and nose-dive 2 playoff series. GREAT PICKUP.

The point is "brah" we will never know what we could have done with Splitter and Blair because McDyess took their minutes and didnt perform. So in reality Dyess should be apologizing to Duncan for ruining his last couple years. Actually we do know how we would have done with him coming off the bench playing SPARINGLY.... WE HAD THE BEST RECORD IN THE LEAGUE UNTIL HE STARTED

ADDITIONALLY it doesnt matter how nice he is or how hard he tried. HE GOT ABUSED. Just like Bonner. He tries hard too, but he is AWFUL.

Good riddance.

TJastal
05-04-2011, 06:50 AM
McDyess is an awful player. He was a decent defender 10 years ago. He never gained an offensive game. If you call 4 elbow shots a game, with ZERO post moves effective then maybe you should re-evaluate what a basketball player should do.

So in 2 years McDyess helped us win 1 regular season game, and nose-dive 2 playoff series. GREAT PICKUP.

The point is "brah" we will never know what we could have done with Splitter and Blair because McDyess took their minutes and didnt perform. So in reality Dyess should be apologizing to Duncan for ruining his last couple years. Actually we do know how we would have done with him coming off the bench playing SPARINGLY.... WE HAD THE BEST RECORD IN THE LEAGUE UNTIL HE STARTED

ADDITIONALLY it doesnt matter how nice he is or how hard he tried. HE GOT ABUSED. Just like Bonner. He tries hard too, but he is AWFUL.

Good riddance.

Did you even watch any of the games? McDyess did not get abused, he continually forced Randolph into difficult shots which Randolph pulled out of his fat asshole (which I guarantee ain't gonna happen again against OKC).

If anyone got "abused" it was Bonner who tried to front him all series long and was held at arm's length like a rag doll while Randolph's teammates fed him cake entry passes in the paint. And if Bonner's man wasn't scoring directly, it was somebody else's man who was wide open after having to come to provide help defense which it seemed the grizz recognized immediately and made the spurs pay every time with an extra pass or two.

pancakechef
05-04-2011, 11:42 AM
Im set with you on the Bonner thing. But Randolph was on fire a whole series. It wasn't a single game thing. And yes, if Randolph sucks that much (as we agree) and he looks like DA MAN against our "defender-o-year"

PS you should look at the reg season stats. BLAIR blew McDyess away in ALL the categories. They were even in shooting %

Dice
05-04-2011, 04:39 PM

Good riddance.

Obvious troll job.

McDyess took minutes away from Splitter and Blair and that's what ruined the last two seasons? :lol You've got to find some other way to try and rationalize why he hurts this team because that theory is retarded.

McDyess was awesome this season and provided a toughness and the hustle plays that help US win games. He was one of the best players in the series against Dallas last year and was one of better players on the floor against Memphis. You must not get to stay up late enough to see the games-just the box score.

Do me a favor and make a list of all the games lost this year because of McDyess.I'll give you a few days, you know, because it'll take you so long to compile such a list.:rollin

I'd bet there are a lot of teams that would love to have him coming off their bench next season.

McDyess rules. He has lots of friends and is very popular. He's a good bowler too. He's got lots of money and a solid jumper.

You jelly?

pancakechef
05-05-2011, 06:44 AM
So you are telling me that this statement is not true:

We had the best record easily and were playing terrific up-tempo ball with McDyess coming off the bench.

Look at what happens when McDyess gets put in for Blair. WE LOSE.

If you would actually go to games and know what to watch for you would understand.

THIS GREAT DEFENSE THEORY of yours is not true. You hang on what the front office says, and if you would pay attention to his close out or help skills you would know that HES TOO OLD, SLOW, and NONATHLETIC.

Its fine for you to have a favorite player. But AT LEAST USE COMMON SENSE. You named one tip-in that justifies 2 years and MILLIONS OF DOLLARS.

He got ATE UP by Randolph AND GASOL. It was hilarious. You know why I liked it? Because now hes done.

Please name these teams that would LOVE to have him....... And I'll give you the 4 games that he killed us single-handedly.

MEMPHIS SERIES.

TJastal
05-05-2011, 07:22 AM
Im set with you on the Bonner thing. But Randolph was on fire a whole series. It wasn't a single game thing. And yes, if Randolph sucks that much (as we agree) and he looks like DA MAN against our "defender-o-year"

PS you should look at the reg season stats. BLAIR blew McDyess away in ALL the categories. They were even in shooting %

If being "on fire" is making easy put-backs, going to the foul line repeatedly, and driving in for uncontested layups then sure, I'll agree he was on fire all series long.

Difference is, McDyess continually muscled him away from the paint (just like he did to Dirk in last year's playoffs) and made him take tough contested fallaway jumpers and difficult running hook shots. When he did foul, he prevented the AND-1 (Bonner's calling card).

TJastal
05-05-2011, 07:29 AM
Pankcakepunk

The reason Blair in the starting lineup worked better was not because Blair > McDyess you homo, it was because Blair's defensive shortcomings were covered up by Tim Duncan and Bonner's defensive shortcomings were covered up by McDyess.

pancakechef
05-05-2011, 10:45 AM
TJ:

ULTIMATE FAIL. BLAIR WAS OUR BEST BIG STATISTICALLY BEHIND TIM.

ADDITIONALLY if you think all Randolph did was "putback" you didnt watch a game this series. I dont care if McDyess "muscled" him up. Thats fine. But Randolph created SPACE between himself and MCDYESS every time he was defended. THAT IS WHY McDyess is awful. Sure he can bang. But it doesnt matter if THEY CATCH THE BALL AND THEN CREATE SPACE.

I would appreciate you leaving the analysis to people who played, watched, and coach. But you're right. McDyess was awesome he really showed Zach who was boss. Im really glad we are playing the Thunder.... OH WAIT....

TJastal
05-05-2011, 01:05 PM
TJ:

ULTIMATE FAIL. BLAIR WAS OUR BEST BIG STATISTICALLY BEHIND TIM.

ADDITIONALLY if you think all Randolph did was "putback" you didnt watch a game this series. I dont care if McDyess "muscled" him up. Thats fine. But Randolph created SPACE between himself and MCDYESS every time he was defended. THAT IS WHY McDyess is awful. Sure he can bang. But it doesnt matter if THEY CATCH THE BALL AND THEN CREATE SPACE.

I would appreciate you leaving the analysis to people who played, watched, and coach. But you're right. McDyess was awesome he really showed Zach who was boss. Im really glad we are playing the Thunder.... OH WAIT....

Lmao

pancakechef
05-05-2011, 01:40 PM
So instead of accepting the fact that you have no point and the FACTS dispute almost everything you previously posted you respond with childish internet lingo. How very adult of you.

TJastal
05-05-2011, 01:47 PM
So instead of accepting the fact that you have no point and the FACTS dispute almost everything you previously posted you respond with childish internet lingo. How very adult of you.

http://basketballvalue.com/topunits.php?year=2011 playoffs

Top 50 units. Spurs make the list twice. On lines 19 & 26. Whose name is there I wonder? :rolleyes

TJastal
05-05-2011, 01:49 PM
Bad linkage. Try this.

http://basketballvalue.com/index.php

Then click on "Top Units"

pancakechef
05-05-2011, 02:36 PM
UM CONSIDERING THE FACT THAT THESE WERE THE ONLY PLAYERS TO PLAY 23 MINUTES TOGETHER THEY WERE THE ONLY ONES TO BE LISTED....

Here is the reg season

http://www.nba.com/statistics/plusminus/plusminus_sort.jsp?pcomb=5&season=22010&split=9&team=Spurs

Blair tops the list

http://www.nba.com/statistics/plusminus/plusminus_sort.jsp?pcomb=4&season=22010&split=9&team=Spurs

And again 4 player

http://www.nba.com/statistics/plusminus/plusminus_sort.jsp?pcomb=3&season=22010&split=9&team=Spurs

And again 3 player....

Now look at the stats you cited. How many points were scored for and against in how many minutes.

The stats that you pointed out really make no sense for dishing out PRO McDyess chants. They basically show McDyess was on the floor a majority of the time and Broke even in terms of score.

What we need to see is a break down of each unit played. But it would be hard to back up claims other than the eye test with such limited data on Blair or Splitter, whom only played 50 minutes each this series.

To gain CREDIBLE evidence you would have to pair up what McDyess did during his minutes against what Randoph and then you could probably compare whether he was worth it in terms of how many pts scored versus points scored on.... Other than that please read exactly what it is you're posting otherwise you will look silly...

pancakechef
05-05-2011, 02:46 PM
I was trying to be kind in not making you look bad trying to hurry up and come up with something positive with McD name on it.

Its about who plays well together and who compliments eachother. McDyess doesnt compliment duncan they are both old, cant close out, have limited help defense ability, and prefer to do their damage from outside the paint settling for jumpers and the glass rather than beating a man down in the paint or getting hustle tips and rebounds. This is why Blair is a much better fit. In a score now offense you have to have chaos in the middle. You cant just EVACUATE the paint. Even when Blair misses a layup it is still better than McDyess missing a J becuase people are moving and defenders are collapsing allowing a miss to be collected by us and slowing down the fast break. NOT TO MENTION This draws fouls on the other bigs.

Defensively its the same thing. The hustle and energy go a lot further than the worn out mcdyess era. They all saw that in detroit. Thats why they didnt want him. Its different when a WHOLE TEAM is good defenders, or you have a solid D man that does OTHER things. But he didnt/doesnt.

He stole the minutes, just like Bonner. Senseless.

You know the reason Manu is so good. HE HUSTLES. If he didnt run ragged on every aspect of the court he would be just another chucker. A one dimensional ball player who is streaky. HE MAKES PLAYS ON BOTH ENDS.

McDyess did not and cannot make these plays. OR ever could in a SA uni.

Good riddance

TJastal
05-05-2011, 03:39 PM
UM CONSIDERING THE FACT THAT THESE WERE THE ONLY PLAYERS TO PLAY 23 MINUTES TOGETHER THEY WERE THE ONLY ONES TO BE LISTED....

Here is the reg season

http://www.nba.com/statistics/plusminus/plusminus_sort.jsp?pcomb=5&season=22010&split=9&team=Spurs

Blair tops the list

http://www.nba.com/statistics/plusminus/plusminus_sort.jsp?pcomb=4&season=22010&split=9&team=Spurs

And again 4 player

http://www.nba.com/statistics/plusminus/plusminus_sort.jsp?pcomb=3&season=22010&split=9&team=Spurs

And again 3 player....

Now look at the stats you cited. How many points were scored for and against in how many minutes.

The stats that you pointed out really make no sense for dishing out PRO McDyess chants. They basically show McDyess was on the floor a majority of the time and Broke even in terms of score.

What we need to see is a break down of each unit played. But it would be hard to back up claims other than the eye test with such limited data on Blair or Splitter, whom only played 50 minutes each this series.

To gain CREDIBLE evidence you would have to pair up what McDyess did during his minutes against what Randoph and then you could probably compare whether he was worth it in terms of how many pts scored versus points scored on.... Other than that please read exactly what it is you're posting otherwise you will look silly...

Regular season we all know Dice coasts through and saves it for when it matters in the playoffs. Sort by playoffs only and tell me how many times McDyess' name appears in the top-10 five man spur lineups.

TJastal
05-05-2011, 03:48 PM
And Blair got the top #1 spot riding Hill & Parker's coattails, courtesy game 1 when the refs sent those two to the line for 29 free throws to be exact in order to help SA start out the series with a win, which they still failed to do anyway.

pancakechef
05-05-2011, 04:35 PM
Really? Glad he decided to pack it in during the reg season and then get DEMOLISHED in the playoffs. Thats what I love to see, Laziness for 82 then go out and get the BIG NUMBERS

6ppg 6rpg and what 1 ORB?

There is no refuting this. Done deal

PS watch the Randolph highlight from game one where he headfakes McD AT THE THREE POINT LINE drives all the way to the rim AND 1.

That is why he needed 82 games of rest? Please.

pancakechef
05-05-2011, 04:37 PM
Regular season we all know Dice coasts through and saves it for when it matters in the playoffs. Sort by playoffs only and tell me how many times McDyess' name appears in the top-10 five man spur lineups.

Again when playing 10 mpg like Blair and Tiago did. Theres really no BIG MEN TO COMPARE WITH MCDYESS OTHER THAN TIM AND BONNER.

Bonner and McD were about even in terms of how bad they stunk up the joint (per usual) and I highly doubt you want to compare McD and Duncan.... Do you?

Dice
05-05-2011, 04:48 PM
Again when playing 10 mpg like Blair and Tiago did. Theres really no BIG MEN TO COMPARE WITH MCDYESS OTHER THAN TIM AND BONNER.

Bonner and McD were about even in terms of how bad they stunk up the joint (per usual) and I highly doubt you want to compare McD and Duncan.... Do you?

You didn't answer my request for the games that Mcdyess lost for us.

Blair was awful on defense while McDyess played great, boxed out, and made the hustle plays.

You know what makes McDyess really special? He makes the hustle plays. He gives that extra effort and gets that offensive rebound or dives into the crowd to get the ball. He might not get a block all game but then stuff Jason Terry as he takes it to the hole. Did the same thing to Westbrook. He had two blocks this season that resulted in us getting the win at the end of games.

You're an obvious troll because no one could be so fucking stupid as to actually believe some of the shit you've written.

And please do a comparision of McDyess and Timmy D for the last game of the series.

Anyways, McDyess is gone and next year you get your 'ship with that Blair/Splitter front line:rollin

I'd write out a long list of teams but instead I'll try and list the teams that are already so deep up front that wouldn't want a McDyess: :wakeup I can't think of any.

So which is it? Are you a troll or just a fucktard?

koriwhat
05-05-2011, 05:40 PM
i like mcdyess a ton but he's definitely too old to ball in this young man's game of today. it's been that way for a couple yrs now.

pancakechef
05-05-2011, 07:33 PM
You didn't answer my request for the games that Mcdyess lost for us.

Blair was awful on defense while McDyess played great, boxed out, and made the hustle plays.

You know what makes McDyess really special? He makes the hustle plays. He gives that extra effort and gets that offensive rebound or dives into the crowd to get the ball. He might not get a block all game but then stuff Jason Terry as he takes it to the hole. Did the same thing to Westbrook. He had two blocks this season that resulted in us getting the win at the end of games.

You're an obvious troll because no one could be so fucking stupid as to actually believe some of the shit you've written.

And please do a comparision of McDyess and Timmy D for the last game of the series.

Anyways, McDyess is gone and next year you get your 'ship with that Blair/Splitter front line:rollin

I'd write out a long list of teams but instead I'll try and list the teams that are already so deep up front that wouldn't want a McDyess: :wakeup I can't think of any.

So which is it? Are you a troll or just a fucktard?

If McD is such a great hustler than why does Dejuan have better stats in EVERY DEFENSIVE CATEGORY? WHY DOES BLAIR OUTREBOUND HIM?

I have proven my point with you. And I already answered you. McD lost every game he started that Blair didnt.

2 years too many he is worthless and was worthless ever since BAMA

Kamnik
05-06-2011, 02:30 PM
I loved him even in Detroit. One of my favourite players in the league, not only Spurs.

Dice
05-08-2011, 05:07 PM
If McD is such a great hustler than why does Dejuan have better stats in EVERY DEFENSIVE CATEGORY? WHY DOES BLAIR OUTREBOUND HIM?

I have proven my point with you. And I already answered you. McD lost every game he started that Blair didnt.

2 years too many he is worthless and was worthless ever since BAMA

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Youhaven't proven anything :rollin

LOL Blair's stats!

LOL McDyess losing every game!

LOL Calling an former all-star and Gold medalist worthless!

Good troll attempt though:downspin:

pancakechef
05-08-2011, 10:03 PM
So I guess I am concerned what just happened there. You looked at Blair's stats, saw he outperformed McD ALL SEASON LONG, pop Mind-F'd him, and he blew in the playoffs....

McDyess hasnt been an ALL STAR for how many years? Are you really bringing up 2001 when he was a ONE TIME ALL STAR. Or Do you mean when it was 1999 and he was an ALL NBA 3rd TEAMER?

You dont get it. HE HAS ALWAYS BEEN AN OVERRATED NON OFFENSIVE MINDED ROLE PLAYER. Which is fine. BUT THAT ISNT WHAT WE NEEDED. We werent going to get 20 years younger with the addition of the oldest player on our roster. WE HAD TO WIN THROUGH SCORING MORE THAN THE OTHER TEAM. When you have guys like Matt Bonner, RJ, and TONY PARKER playing BIG MINUTES you arent considered A DEFENSIVE THREAT. It didnt matter if people can dominate in the paint. What we had to have was a SCORING presence inside that would AT LEAST equal out, or gain fouls on the other teams bigs. McDyess doesnt drive and he doesnt have post moves.

Please note that Blair has a better PER, FG%, ORB%, DRB%, TRB%, STL %, DRTG, OWS, DWS, TWS, WS/48.... and statistically better than him per 36.

I am confused how you couldnt see this VIA THE EYE TEST. But since I had to post it for you there are the stats to confirm exactly what I said from the first post. The only reason McDyess should have touched the floor in the playoffs is if Tiago, Blair, and Bonner were all dead.

He is not good. Face the facts.

TJastal
05-08-2011, 10:44 PM
C'mon DICE it's the famous pancakechef's EYE TEST, notoriously accurate to the 7th decimal point. Just trust it. TRUST.

Holden_Caulfield
05-08-2011, 10:49 PM
kinda sad we couldnt get him a ring. thanks 'dyess

pancakechef
05-09-2011, 08:23 PM
C'mon DICE it's the famous pancakechef's EYE TEST, notoriously accurate to the 7th decimal point. Just trust it. TRUST.

Youre right because heres what I said. MCDYESS IS A BUM WE WONT WIN A RING WITH HIM

And after the eye test which was successful you still want to say that he was a good pick up.

After watching Z ABUSE HIM youre still saying that.

AFTER WE PLAYED HIM, and STARTED HIM A MAJORITY OF THE PLAYOFFS WE GOT BOUNCED, AND DESTROYED IN THE PAINT..... and you still keep "thanking him" and arguing about a good signing????

Im lost of where your logic even starts TJ/DICE