PDA

View Full Version : Bush > Kerry at Yale

NeoConIV
06-08-2005, 11:43 AM
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/6/7/104717.shtml

'Moron' Bush Beat Kerry at Yale

President Bush, who is routinely derided as a "moron" by embittered Democrats, earned slightly better grades at Yale University than Sen. John Kerry, the supposed Massachusetts intellectual.

According to college transcripts from the top Ivy League school obtained by the Boston Globe, Kerry was well on his way to flunking out during his freshmen year, receiving no fewer than four D's.

Kerry's intellectual deficit revealed itself in geology, two history courses and, most surprisingly for a top politician, political science.:lol

"I always told my dad that D stood for distinction," the failed presidential candidate told reporters.

He showed a slight improvement in subsequent semesters, topping out with an 81 average his senior year. Kerry had a cumulative average of 76, or what some might call "a gentleman's C."

The president received just one D in his freshman year - a 69 in astronomy - to Kerry's four. His cumulative grade point average was 77 - a point higher than Kerry's.

Last year, when an analysis of Kerry's Navy aptitude test showed that Bush actually had a higher IQ, the top Democrat blamed his lackluster performance on drinking.

"I must have been drinking the night before I took that military aptitude test," Kerry told NBC anchorman Tom Brokaw.:lol

President Bush suffered the same type of derision during the 2000 campaign, when critics regularly portrayed him as intellectually inferior to Al Gore.

Gore attended divinity school after graduating from Yale. But transcripts from Vanderbilt University showed that he received F's in five of the eight classes he took over the course of three semesters.

Gore left Vanderbilt without receiving a degree.

Lacklusterhttp://www.lauraingraham.com/images/home/JohnKerryCollege.jpg

mookie2001
06-08-2005, 12:09 PM
dam
i change my mind
greatest leader in the history of leader, i mean he's such a good leader. and i need to be led, the reason all those dam unamerican liberals hate him is because he's such a good leader, and they hate leaders because theyre unamerican, how could anyone not love a leader such as bush, he's more than human less than god, barely

NeoConIV
06-08-2005, 01:07 PM
Got nothing to say about Kerry's ample D's? Hahahahaha

mookie2001
06-08-2005, 01:10 PM
i dont like kerry

NeoConIV
06-08-2005, 01:13 PM
Good man.

NeoConIV
06-08-2005, 01:34 PM
http://www.sondrak.com/archive/007049.php

LOLOLOLOOL

scott
06-08-2005, 04:42 PM
Okay, so they are both morons. Now what?

The Ressurrected One
06-08-2005, 05:09 PM
Actually, they had to convert President Bush's last two year's grades using an as yet undisclosed method, in order to make the comparison between he and Senator Kerry's grades.

During Bush's last two years at Yale, they moved to a scoring system that only allowed four determinations, Fail, Pass, High Pass, and Honors.

In order to come up with the 77/76 comparison between Bush and Kerry, that meant someone had to convert his grades from the last to years into numerical scores before doing any calculations. And, considering his transcripts show he made all High Passes and Honors (mostly Honors, I believe), I find it rather dubious -- condering he only had one D in his Freshman Year and none in his Sophomore -- that the 77/76 grad comparison is anything more than some crafty revisionism by the articles author or his source.

So, if you consider Bush went on to Harvard where he received an MBA while Kerry was rejected by Harvard Law and settled for a Boston College degree in something or nuther... And, when you also consider two of the D's received by Kerry in his Freshman year were in Political Science and History, I'd have to say Kerry is the bigger moron.

I'm still waiting for the Pod People to release you scott. Even though you've always been a Bush detractor, you used to be reasonable...

Oh, and when you top it off with the fact that Kerry spent the entire election and many months afterward stalling on releasing his military records only because it showed he didn't do so hot in college -- when, other material in the records might have exculpated him on some of the more serious charges being made by the veteran's group, that makes him and even BIGGER moron...

But, I actually believe he's yet to release all his records...so, maybe...there's more to the story.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-08-2005, 05:40 PM
I swear to god if he had the chance, ressurected one would kneel down on all fours and take one from good ole leader bush

then document it in his personal log and post it on here with the words 'liberal bias' attatched to it

The Ressurrected One
06-08-2005, 06:51 PM
I swear to god if he had the chance, ressurected one would kneel down on all fours and take one from good ole leader bush

then document it in his personal log and post it on here with the words 'liberal bias' attatched to it
Just stating the facts...something the Left is short on.

scott
06-08-2005, 08:19 PM
I'm still waiting for the Pod People to release you scott. Even though you've always been a Bush detractor, you used to be reasonable...

Show me where I have ever been anything but reasonable and objective.

Medvedenko
06-09-2005, 01:02 PM
Regardless of the grades....everyone knows Bush is a simpleton and who has stuggles with the English language on a regular basis....

The Ressurrected One
06-09-2005, 02:42 PM
Regardless of the grades....everyone knows Bush is a simpleton and who has stuggles with the English language on a regular basis....
No, not everyone "knows" that.

Many of us believe President Bush is just like the rest of us...

An ordinary person who has never been formally and meticulously trained to speak before audiences;

An ordinary person who spent their life achieving and learning instead of primping and polishing for their future career in politics;

An ordinary person who has difficulty speaking extemporaneously on an endless number of issues because, well, no one who isn't taught to control a dialogue so it appears you're answering a question when you're actually bullshitting can speak extemporaneously on an endless number of topics.

Why do you think politicians have a reputation for speaking a whole lot and saying nothing? It's because they learn how to use terms of art and forms of speech and manners of language to say a whole lot without saying anything at all.

I believe President Bush eschewed that model and struck out as an ordinary person who wanted to talk from the heart to the American People he wanted to serve.

While I can't speak for his term in office since 2000, I personally know he never focus grouped any of his policy initiative while serving as Governor of Texas. He also didn't float "trial balloons" to judge public sentiment before making a decision.

Many of the President's gaffes can be attributed to quite normal afflictions from stage fright to an inability (as much of us have) to speak extemporaneously on an endless range of topics. I think it's that simple.

Trust me, the man is no moron and he certainly isn't a simpleton. Does he struggle with public speaking? Sure. So do I. And so do many other people.

But, while this has provided the left with endless hours of amusement and entertainment, it hasn't affected the execution of his policy one whit. If you want a performer, more concerned with how they appear than what their policy implications are...George W. Bush isn't your man. If you want a serious thinker who is pursuing a cogent, intelligent, and sophisticated policy agenda...he is.

Seriously, keep misunderestimating him...it certainly allows the rest of the world to discount any serious criticism.

As someone on the Left recently said about Amnesty International describing Guantanamo Bay as the American Gulag, (and I'm paraphrasing), "such ludicrous accusations detract from any serious criticism of the President Bush's execution of the war on terror."

Calling the leader of the free world, who was a successful businessman and politician, a moron and simpleton detracts from any serious criticism you may have on his policy agenda.

scott
06-10-2005, 06:19 PM
I want a President not afraid to stand up for what he believes in. Bush fits this description.

I want a President not worried about impressing people as much as he is doing the right thing. Bush fits this description.

However...

I also want a President who thinks through problems logically and comes to logical conclusions. I question whether Bush is this person. His approach toward fiscal policy guides my skepticism.

I want a President who understands the value of maintaining diplomatic relations and knows that "Don't burn bridges" is more than just a clever saying. It is possible to be both diplomatic and strong, I want a President who can maintain that balance. Bush is not this person.

I want a President able to communicate in a coherent and concise manner, just as I would for an employee or friend. There are two extremes of talking in circles... at one end is doing it because you are a politician carefully trained in the art of talking without actually saying anything. At the other end of the spectrum is talking in circles simply because you are a poor communicator. Ronald Regan was a great communicator, inspiring people to action. I want a President with those abilities. Bush is definitely not this person.

I could go on and on with a list of good and bad things about Bush, and there about equal. My President should have 10 good things for every bad thing you can think of about him.

I know this is a high standard, but it is a high office. There are 280 million Americans, and I believe we should demand more out of it's most important job than people like George W. Bush or John Kerry.

scott
06-10-2005, 06:23 PM
And PS... George W. Bush is not what I would consider to be a successful businessman by any means. He failed in every oil venture he was every involved in, and wasn't successful until he bought an interest in a baseball team. I wouldn't call riding the appreciation of a sports franchise a successful business strategy.

mookie2001
06-10-2005, 10:55 PM
Many of us believe President Bush is just like the rest of us...

An ordinary person who has never been formally and meticulously trained to speak before audiences;

An ordinary person who spent their life achieving and learning instead of primping and polishing for their future career in politics;

An ordinary person who has difficulty speaking extemporaneously on an endless number of issues because, well, no one who isn't taught to control a dialogue so it appears you're answering a question when you're actually bullshitting can speak extemporaneously on an endless number of topics.

I believe President Bush eschewed that model and struck out as an ordinary person who wanted to talk from the heart to the American People he wanted to serve.

dam sure sounds ORDINARY