PDA

View Full Version : Who is the most popular GOP candidate in the combined voting pools of Iowa and NH?

Galileo
04-30-2011, 02:24 AM
Who is the most popular GOP candidate in the combined voting pools of Iowa and New Hampshire?

1. Romney +38.5% (60.5% favorable, 22% unfavorable)
2. Ron Paul +35% (54% favorable, 19% unfavorable)
3. Rudy Ghouliani +31.5%
4. Huckabee +30.5% (58% favorable, 27.5% unfavorable)
5. Pawlenty +26% (37.5% favorable, 11.5% unfavorable)
6. Bachmann +28%
7. Palin +20.5%
8. Newt + 15%
9. Santorum +14.5%
10. Barbour +8%
11. Daniels +4.5%
12. Cain +1%
13. Trump -0.5%
14. Huntsman -4%

Basically, for Ron Paul to win the GOP nomination, he simply needs to win the Iowa straw poll; then convert about half the people who already like him into votes; while picking up 5% to 10% more from undecideds, independents, and cross-overs.

Polling data here:

http://www.rightspeak.net/2011/04/ppp-polling-huckabee-1st-romney-2nd-in.html

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_NH_0405513.pdf

:flag:

ChumpDumper
04-30-2011, 11:55 AM
The answer is Romney.

boutons_deux
04-30-2011, 01:06 PM
The Repugs will lose if their candidate comes from that lineup of losers, and the Repugs know that they don't have strong enough candidate.

Wild Cobra
04-30-2011, 02:07 PM
Wasn't Paul going to win the 2008 New Hampshire election?

Could Ron Paul Win in New Hampshire? (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68942)

He only got 8% then...

Election Center 2008 (http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/candidates/#302)

ManuBalboa
04-30-2011, 02:45 PM
america does not deserve Ron Paul.

Nbadan
04-30-2011, 03:53 PM
Yeah, as long as Romney doesn't get swift-boated by the GOP dirty tricks brigade, I see him as the only legitimate GOP candidate that would give Obama a good run.....I think after having a Muslim in office for 4 years, having a Mormon won't be that hard for the 'traditionalists' to accept....

...and there is Romneycare..

Wild Cobra
04-30-2011, 04:00 PM
Yeah, as long as Romney doesn't get swift-boated by the GOP dirty tricks brigade, I see him as the only legitimate GOP candidate that would give Obama a good run.....I think after having a Muslim in office for 4 years, having a Mormon won't be that hard for the 'traditionalists' to accept....

...and there is Romneycare..

I'm thinking none of the current, or recently current political crowd will be a good pick. We need someone who isn't a career politician for a change. Someone with a business or corporate background who understand how to work within a budget.

Nbadan
04-30-2011, 04:04 PM
I'm thinking none of the current, or recently current political crowd will be a good pick. We need someone who isn't a career politician for a change. Someone with a business or corporate background who understand how to work within a budget.

Political inexperience might work at the state or local level, I'm not so sure that a political novice would be positive at the national level....

Wild Cobra
04-30-2011, 04:08 PM
Political inexperience might work at the state or local level, I'm not so sure that a political novice would be positive at the national level....
Do you really think someone adept in business is a political novice? You haven't seen the bureaucracy layers within large businesses or corporations have you? The only difference is they are beholden to making a bottom line. Government bureaucrats are not.

Q) Why don't they run for office?

A) Why would they take a pay cut.

boutons_deux
04-30-2011, 04:22 PM
Born wealthy, Romney ran/runs a money fund, with plenty of tax evasion/avoidance with off-shore scams, did run not a huge industrial, bureaucratized company nor come up through ranks back stabbing his way to the top.

"Christian" morans won't vote for a Mormon cult member.

He's dumb as a brick. Remember he said none of his 5 boys were in Iraq because they were serving their country helping Willard get elected? After he lost the nomination, how many of his boys joined the military?

Nbadan
05-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Do you really think someone adept in business is a political novice? You haven't seen the bureaucracy layers within large businesses or corporations have you? The only difference is they are beholden to making a bottom line. Government bureaucrats are not.

Q) Why don't they run for office?

A) Why would they take a pay cut.

Washington isn't like a business....in most businesses, the CEO is just a figure-head directing the overall direction of the company and promoting its relationship with its customers, lobbyist, etc....in Washington, the President has to know how Congress works, what gets the wheels greased, a tough job if you've never been a Senator or congressman to build relationships, not saying that some state Governors can't do it, but leading the right state can be much like running things in Washington...I think this is the experience that Obama was missing that would have made him a better Prez overall, he just needed more 'seasoning'...

Wild Cobra
05-01-2011, 07:51 PM
Washington isn't like a business....in most businesses, the CEO is just a figure-head directing the overall direction of the company and promoting its relationship with its customers, lobbyist, etc....in Washington, the President has to know how Congress works, what gets the wheels greased, a tough job if you've never been a Senator or congressman to build relationships, not saying that some state Governors can't do it, but leading the right state can be much like running things in Washington...I think this is the experience that Obama was missing that would have made him a better Prez overall, he just needed more 'seasoning'...
And you think real business professionals don't have similar challenges?

Nbadan
05-01-2011, 07:54 PM
And you think real business professionals don't have similar challenges?

No, not by the time they are CEO or above.....

Sarah Palin
05-02-2011, 01:44 PM
I may still throw my hat in the ring to secure a book deal.

elbamba
05-02-2011, 02:05 PM

Wouldn't that be Romney? He isn't a career politician and is a successful businessman.

Cry Havoc
05-02-2011, 02:25 PM

Why don't we just make it a shorter short-cut and put Wal-Mart in charge of the American economy?

Cry Havoc
05-02-2011, 02:25 PM

http://images.askmen.com/galleries/men/donald-trump/pictures/donald-trump-picture-1.jpg