PDA

View Full Version : Very sad this is how the tale ends

SinBAD
04-30-2011, 04:47 AM
We had a great run spurs fans.we've been spoiled over the past decade with championships, riverwalk parades, beautiful basketball and execution, MVPs, All stars everything.This wonderful tale had to end at some point. It ended in 2008 but this is the exclamation mark.The spurs as we know them are gone.This era of spurs basketball accomplished everything possible and will always be remembered. Its sad for the city of San Antonio since we have nothing else except basketball.We'll have to endure some miserable times ahead.

I'm dreading this next period.it could go either way and I just hope it goes in the right direction.We could end up being like the celtics and not winning anything for 22 years or the blazers who haven't won since 1977.We wont be as lucky as the lakers because everyone wants to go to LA. When Kobe leaves they'll just sign a big free agent and it'll be ok.We would be lucky if we're like the bulls who got rose 10 years after their last championship.

For the next 2 years we will be the Utah jazz of early 2000 with stockton and Malone who were good but never good enough.We wont be able to acquire a hall of famer like timmy or DRob, except through a trade maybe or lottery but forget about D12, he isn't coming to San Antonio.

the most disheartening thing was that this spurs team could've beaten anyone except maybe LA and memphis.We werent ready for a grind out series.Our biggest problems were defense and execution.It was very poor even in game 6 when we were up by 1 we couldn't execute.the players were rattled and that happened because game 1 set the tone.

I just hope Pop and RC dont leave the franchise when TD and MG retire.I hope they still take care of the team and try to build a new contender but it wont be easy.

The door is shut on this team though.Dont think that minor tweaks here and there will help.We need major overhaul.Keep the big 3 and splitter.That's it.But even then OKC will only be better next season, Bulls, miami.It's their turn.

I'm 27 now and to think the spurs wont be good again till possibly in my 40s is a terrible thought.I just hope it happens eventually.