PDA

View Full Version : If Obama wins...

Wild Cobra
04-30-2011, 11:54 AM
There have been a couple of time of late that people didn't believe my views of if Obama won the 2008 election. Here is a quote of the past of mine:

I think you'll change your mind when we have a president Obama, or even McCain. Things will be worse. I don't see how they can get better under either as president.

Keep in mind, I agree president Bush has some pretty undesirable traits. I will maintain my contention that both are far worse. McCain does have several good qualities. However, they don't com close to compensating for the bad ones.

Now McCain is the lesser of two evils. However, like I said several times in the past. I would prefer a democrat take this nation rather than a republican. My hope is that the democrats never recover from what happens in 2009 to 2012. I'd rather see their party harmed raher than the republicans. Look at how the republicans were harmed because of the outlook with president Bush! (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2614599&postcount=19)

I may look for more if this thread develops.

ChumpDumper
04-30-2011, 11:57 AM
You're not looking all that prescient right now.

Wild Cobra
04-30-2011, 12:11 PM
You're not looking all that prescient right now.
No, the idea is prescient back then. I have stated this of late and people don't believe I predicted prior to the 2008 elections. I decided to look for one on my beliefs of Obama from the past.

ChumpDumper
04-30-2011, 12:12 PM
You from then are not looking all that prescient now.

Spurminator
04-30-2011, 12:19 PM
Go team!

Wild Cobra
04-30-2011, 12:30 PM
You from then are not looking all that prescient now.
Stop trying to change the subject.

I was right about the "if he wins."

FromWayDowntown
04-30-2011, 12:34 PM
Stop trying to change the subject.

I was right about the "if he wins."

You were right that your opinions haven't changed about a man you openly despised and his political party?

That's pretty amazing, actually.

Wild Cobra
04-30-2011, 12:55 PM
You were right that your opinions haven't changed about a man you openly despised and his political party?

That's pretty amazing, actually.
Well, if I flip, I may turn around and flop also...

Spurminator
04-30-2011, 12:55 PM
Predict that you'll bitch about the President in three years, bitch about the President in three years, claim victory.

Wild Cobra
04-30-2011, 01:04 PM
Predict that you'll bitch about the President in three years, bitch about the President in three years, claim victory.
I simply stated my honest opinion then. When it comes closer to the 2012 election, I may or may not make predictions. I'm not going to make any claim to claim victory later. That could backfire. I have to be pretty certain first.

FromWayDowntown
04-30-2011, 01:39 PM
I simply stated my honest opinion then. When it comes closer to the 2012 election, I may or may not make predictions. I'm not going to make any claim to claim victory later. That could backfire. I have to be pretty certain first.

Three years ago, I didn't like brussel spouts and I claimed in a thread on some internet message board that in three years, I still wouldn't like brussel sprouts.

And you know, I was right!

If I knew what prescient meant, I'd probably have said that I was prescient too.

:king

Wild Cobra
04-30-2011, 01:50 PM
Three years ago, I didn't like brussel spouts and I claimed in a thread on some internet message board that in three years, I still wouldn't like brussel sprouts.

And you know, I was right!

If I knew what prescient meant, I'd probably have said that I was prescient too.

:king
You should give your nonsequter logic a break. It's not the same.

Nbadan
04-30-2011, 02:22 PM
It's exactly the same....you were never going to like Obama, even if he managed to save the economy, many American companies, and the dollar...without deficit spending....

Wild Cobra
04-30-2011, 02:29 PM
It's exactly the same....you were never going to like Obama, even if he managed to save the economy, many American companies, and the dollar...without deficit spending....
Why are you guys sidetracking the OP?

This is what I made bold:
My hope is that the democrats never recover from what happens in 2009 to 2012. I'd rather see their party harmed rather than the republicans.
This came true. His policies, and the enthusiasm of the party made them all look as bad as they really are.

Nbadan
04-30-2011, 03:59 PM
This came true. His policies, and the enthusiasm of the party made them all look as bad as they really are.

I think its way to early to be writing Obama's political obituary when he is looking at a very good chance of being re-elected for another term, a noticeable political swing to the left in a second term would certainly get those pesky progressives back on board...

Stringer_Bell
04-30-2011, 04:14 PM
Obama has played the game (which is dictated by the GOP) quite well, not sure the OP speaks to the success the Democrats will have in 2012. The GOP tipped their hand too early by showing who they really work for. I'd rather this country be sold out to many poor, lazy minorities than a few rich, untouchable white people.

Obama will win the election by 5%+. People are less likely to throwup in their mouths at the sight of Obama than Bush, so I feel like the GOP stills suffers more in the long run.

Wild Cobra
04-30-2011, 04:14 PM
I think its way to early to be writing Obama's political obituary when he is looking at a very good chance of being re-elected for another term, a noticeable political swing to the left in a second term would certainly get those pesky progressives back on board...
That all depends on who the lesser of two evils will be. Have to be a pretty fucked up republican to lose against Obama.

ChumpDumper
04-30-2011, 07:05 PM
All the Republicans have trotted out so far can be labeled "Worse" or "Who?".

LnGrrrR
04-30-2011, 11:41 PM
That all depends on who the lesser of two evils will be. Have to be a pretty fucked up republican to lose against Obama.

Who will the Republicans run? Trump? Palin?

Romney is your best shot so far, but I doubt the base elects a non-Christian.

Maybe the Tea Party can get some support for Ron Paul. :lol

Nbadan
05-01-2011, 07:53 PM
..given the tough choice of candidates who are even thinking of running, I can see pockets of the GOP getting behind Romney and dragging the moral majority by its knuckles into the 21st century....

RandomGuy
05-01-2011, 08:14 PM
Talk about opening up a can of worms.

In regards to the OP:

I would point out that 2012 hasn't quite happened, not to step on your oracle mojo.

It will take years to see what the real results of the last few years are.

My feeling is that the GOP has started painting itself into a corner with ever more radical positions and statements, alienating moderates to an increasing degree.

The voters obviously stepped on the brake pedal with the shellacking the Dems got, but I don't think the next election cycle or two will be all that kind to the GOP.

If the Democrats in general can pull their heads out of their butts and start talking to Americans like they are grown-ups, they stand a good chance of benefiting a great deal from the fact that the GOP, when given a chance, elected a bunch of radical Know-Nothings. (historical allegory intended)

Wild Cobra
05-01-2011, 09:21 PM
Talk about opening up a can of worms.

In regards to the OP:

I would point out that 2012 hasn't quite happened, not to step on your oracle mojo.

I agree we aren't there yet. Do you honestly expect Obaba to do things enough different to be a good president?

It will take years to see what the real results of the last few years are.

To see all the results, yes. We have definitely seen some results of a democrat controlled congress since '07 and Obama since '09.

My feeling is that the GOP has started painting itself into a corner with ever more radical positions and statements, alienating moderates to an increasing degree.

On the contrary. They need more of their party speaning of the things you consider radical. They are not radical to may of us, but common sense.

The voters obviously stepped on the brake pedal with the shellacking the Dems got, but I don't think the next election cycle or two will be all that kind to the GOP.

I don't think it will be kind to either party incumbents. I think the Tea Part movement will continue to increase the numbers of Republicans at the same time.

If the Democrats in general can pull their heads out of their butts and start talking to Americans like they are grown-ups, they stand a good chance of benefiting a great deal from the fact that the GOP, when given a chance, elected a bunch of radical Know-Nothings. (historical allegory intended)
I don't see how the democrats can be honest about their agenda without losing voters.

I wonder what Obama's going to say in 10 minutes?

Cry Havoc
05-02-2011, 12:03 AM
:lmao at Wild Cobra claiming the democrats will be "forever damaged" as a party when they are already on the verge of guaranteed re-election in 2012, over 18 months away.

Yeah man, they're hurting. Incidentally, the Packers just suck at football right now.

By your logic, the GOP has almost no hope of defeating a party who has a crippled reputation? What does that say about the Republicans?

Wild Cobra
05-02-2011, 12:09 AM
:lmao at Wild Cobra claiming the democrats will be "forever damaged" as a party when they are already on the verge of guaranteed re-election in 2012, over 18 months away.

Yeah man, they're hurting. Incidentally, the Packers just suck at football right now.

By your logic, the GOP has almost no hope of defeating a party who has a crippled reputation? What does that say about the Republicans?
You need to learn to read.

I said "hope." I didn't claim they would. Are you in the habit of perpetrating slander?

FuzzyLumpkins
05-02-2011, 03:41 AM
You need to learn to read.

I said "hope." I didn't claim they would. Are you in the habit of perpetrating slander?

Right, which means you have no point.

"I hope the democrats are hurt!" Thanks, Britney.

ChumpDumper
05-02-2011, 03:54 AM
WC predicted he hoped in 2011 that the Democrats will be hurt in 2012.

RandomGuy
05-02-2011, 01:03 PM
I agree we aren't there yet. Do you honestly expect Obaba to do things enough different to be a good president?

To see all the results, yes. We have definitely seen some results of a democrat controlled congress since '07 and Obama since '09.

On the contrary. They need more of their party speaning of the things you consider radical. They are not radical to may of us, but common sense.

I don't think it will be kind to either party incumbents. I think the Tea Part movement will continue to increase the numbers of Republicans at the same time.

I don't see how the democrats can be honest about their agenda without losing voters.

I wonder what Obama's going to say in 10 minutes?

Something about tornadoes, I'm sure.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

Talk about not seeing that one coming. Boooyashaka

RandomGuy
05-02-2011, 01:05 PM

I wonder what he will hope he predicts next. Or is it, predict that he will hope next?

I'm confused, but then, I am pretty closed minded.

Wild Cobra
05-02-2011, 10:31 PM
I see you lack reading comprehension as well.

I said this presidency would be worse, regardless who won. It is.

My hope was that it would destroy the democrats. It seems to have at least taken a good bit out of them.

Please Chumpy, stop being such a libtard. You're smarter than that, aren't you?

ChumpDumper
05-03-2011, 04:38 AM
I see you lack reading comprehension as well.

I said this presidency would be worse, regardless who won. It is.

My hope was that it would destroy the democrats. It seems to have at least taken a good bit out of them.

Please Chumpy, stop being such a libtard. You're smarter than that, aren't you?You predicted you would agree with your future opinion.

You're an idiot.

You don't realize what an enormous idiot you are.

We laugh at you constantly.

Idiot.

Cry Havoc
05-03-2011, 07:46 AM
It seems to have at least taken a good bit out of them.

Yeah, that landslide presidential election coming in 2012 really shows how damaged the Democrats are. I would be surprised if Obama takes less than 350 electoral votes. They're crushed.

hater
05-03-2011, 08:44 AM
did you predict that the right wing would be a bunch of circus freaks?