PDA

View Full Version : As a Spurfan

Bill_Brasky
04-30-2011, 12:33 PM
What would you rather see happen in the WC playoffs now that we're out? The way I see it, there's 2 things that can happen:

1) The Grizz look like the confused, young team we thought we would be playing and Randolph, though a good player, gets dominated by Ibaka, because he is essentially a fat guy that doesn't even jump when he shoots. Gasol gets thoroughly owned by Perkins, and Durant/Westbrook are just way too much for their perimeter defenders to handle. Suddenly, with no interior threat, their shooter go cold, miss open jumpers, and look the way they should have against us. The Thunder absolutely dominate the Grizz and sweep them, maybe get them in 5 if the Grizz steal one. This would satisfy me, but would also piss me off because the Grizz played their asses off against us and couldn't miss, then brick everything against the Thunder.

2) The Grizz come out even hungrier and Randolph/Gasol keep producing. Their perimeter players get nice looks from 3 and knock them down, and Conley keeps playing well, maybe not better, but good enough against Westbrook. The Grizz perimeter D can't hold Durant as well, but limits him to lower than his season avg's and shuts down Russell Westbrook, forcing him to take dumb, contested shots and scaring him into making silly passes. The Grizz shock the Thunder, then go on to win against whoever comes out of the Mavs/LA series, making them the first 8 seed in history to come out of the west. This would really satisfy me, and would completely shut up everybody talking shit about us losing to an 8 seed. It would also be pretty special to watch as an objective basketball fan, tbh. Then the Bulls would outmatch them in the Finals and win it all, finally giving the NBA a non-Laker faggot champion.

Scenario 2 would be pretty sweet, tbh. Keep it up Grizz!