PDA

View Full Version : 2011-2012 Trade Thread

Beanzamillion21
04-30-2011, 01:50 PM
Here it is, Have at it.

BoneyTee
04-30-2011, 03:05 PM
The big talk in this forum is Timmy should retire. Look Timmy was not effective because we don't have another Big Man to demand some sort of doubleteam and play defense with him. We get a Kaman, a Dalmbert, or a HOWARD:p::king:lol that will prolong Tim's career. I agree this team is pretty good I was really proud of our bench last night. We really need to get more athletic, tall and defensive PF, C and more defensive minded SF. And someone to run the team and take TIMELY shots like a Chauncey Billups type of PG. You know just my opinion
:flag::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::flag:

Hoops Czar
04-30-2011, 03:08 PM
ok here we go. ill be the first to say that i am really proud of my spurs and still am forever a proud spurs fan and will be. but saying that i an a spurs fan that doesnt accept losing very well and neither so the spurs. ok here we go first trade should be bonner + RJ for chris kaman

When they underachieve, you should be proud.

BTW- Bonner + RJ aren't going anywhere and Kaman won't be traded.

DMC
04-30-2011, 03:09 PM
Isn't this what the think tank is for?

Beanzamillion21
04-30-2011, 03:16 PM
I also like most of this team. but if you never pull the trigger, you end up like post Bird Celtics or the Post Magic Lakers. In their case (lucky for them) they are a big markets and always will be. Not sure how long it would take San Antonio to rebuild. Also, I am sure Tim has a big say in who he want to play with and doesn't, and I defiantly want to see him retire a Spur, but it is also a business things need to be shaken up time to time. Gotta get back to basics, Defense, and why not now?

My proposals are as followed, Parker, Hill and Bonner to Denver for Lawson, Chandler, and Motzgov.

Or RJ and Blair to Phoenix for Channing Frye.

I doubt Denver would want to dump that many players, so the first is probably unrealistic but I like thinking about it.

And the 2nd would be nice, but I didn't really take a look at how Frye's contract looks.

Beanzamillion21
04-30-2011, 03:18 PM

Yeah, but I need to start Padding my Thread Count like Kevin Love Pads Stats.

rick1991
04-30-2011, 05:04 PM
If Dwight Howard does not accept the Magic's contract extension should we take him for one year then he can leave if he wants but we can at least try to win one last championship?

Magic get:
-Richard Jefferson
-George Hill
-Dejuan Blair
-Tiago Splitter

Spurs get:
-Dwight Howard

Works on ESPN trade machine

Anonymous Cowherd
04-30-2011, 05:12 PM
RJ to the Clippers is the one possibility that seems intriguing.

They could use an experienced SF and have a large contract Center to shift. Include Blair and a pick in the deal and it could be a goer.

Aside from that, if it's possible to use Dice to trade Blair or Hill for someone of value that could be useful. Otherwise there's few on contracts small enough who are good enough to be worth giving them up.

elemento
04-30-2011, 05:34 PM
2 trades IMO

1st

Hill for Batum straight up

Blazers are desperate for a PG and we need a long SF that can defend.

2nd

Jefferson + Blair for Kaman's expiring. We want to get rid of Dick and the Clips need a better SF than Gomes. Blair is the incentive for the Clips in order to get Dick's bad contract.

Jelloisjigglin
04-30-2011, 05:40 PM
Do you guys want Luke by any chance? Luke for whoever you want to give up would be awesome for everyone tbh

Anonymous Cowherd
04-30-2011, 05:42 PM
Do you guys want Luke by any chance? Luke for whoever you want to give up would be awesome tbh

it's a deal! :)

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=63mqx5s

Beanzamillion21
04-30-2011, 08:01 PM
it's a deal! :)

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=63mqx5s

:lol NO

Chomag
04-30-2011, 08:08 PM
I just can't seem to see the way others are thinking Spurs can just trade away their fodder and get something good with it. It's going to take something of Value to get something of Value. Isiah Thomas is no longer working in the NBA anymore.

No one is taking on RJ's contract without one of the big 3 being involved. We are stuck with his useless 30 mil lazy ass for the next 3 years unless we give up TP, or Manu to get rid of him.

Nathan89
04-30-2011, 08:29 PM
Chalie Vill.+ Resigned Prince

for

Rj,Blair,Anderson,Dice(retires Pistons save some cash)

-Prince is not expected to return to the Pistons
-Charlie is over paid for the same amount of years as RJ.
-If Dice retires the Piston save some cash. Right?
-Everyone wants to give Kidd all the credit for RJ's success but RJ performed very well with the Bucks
-Rj shot half the amount he did with the Bucks this year. His numbers will increase with the Pistons. He will be a better player for the Pistons than Charlie.
-On top of saving money allowing the Pistons to sign multiple FA they get some young pieces. Blair,Anderson,and maybe others

Roger Freemason Jr.
04-30-2011, 08:52 PM
I'm pretty sure the Spurs' top priority is signing Prince. I mean, that's only logical is it not?

Nathan89
04-30-2011, 10:56 PM
I also like most of this team. but if you never pull the trigger, you end up like post Bird Celtics or the Post Magic Lakers. In their case (lucky for them) they are a big markets and always will be. Not sure how long it would take San Antonio to rebuild. Also, I am sure Tim has a big say in who he want to play with and doesn't, and I defiantly want to see him retire a Spur, but it is also a business things need to be shaken up time to time. Gotta get back to basics, Defense, and why not now?

My proposals are as followed, Parker, Hill and Bonner to Denver for Lawson, Chandler, and Motzgov.

Or RJ and Blair to Phoenix for Channing Frye.

I doubt Denver would want to dump that many players, so the first is probably unrealistic but I like thinking about it.

And the 2nd would be nice, but I didn't really take a look at how Frye's contract looks.

Not saying I would make that trade but it isn't a terrible proposal if Motzgov is pretty good. I just don't know much about the guy.

Channing Frye is one of the worst defenders in the league. This would be a terrible trade to make.

Vinnie_Johnson
04-30-2011, 10:57 PM
If Dwight Howard does not accept the Magic's contract extension should we take him for one year then he can leave if he wants but we can at least try to win one last championship?

Magic get:
-Richard Jefferson
-George Hill
-Dejuan Blair
-Tiago Splitter

Spurs get:
-Dwight Howard

:lmao

JamStone
04-30-2011, 11:05 PM
No team will take Richard Jefferson and his contract. And I mean NO team.

By no team, I mean none. That means not one other NBA team. In other words, zero teams will take him in a trade. Zero. None. No team. Not one. None. Did I say none?

lmbebo
04-30-2011, 11:07 PM
What about Biedrins for RJ straight up or adjust it as necessary?

HankChinaski
04-30-2011, 11:12 PM

By no team, I mean none. That means not one other NBA team. In other words, zero teams will take him in a trade. Zero. None. No team. Not one. None. Did I say none?

Yeah, it's looking that way, ONE CAN CONTINUE TO DREAM TILL THEN.

Nathan89
04-30-2011, 11:12 PM

Charlie Vill. sucks pretty bad and has a terrible contract for the same amount of years. Pistons will be better off with RJ+young pieces+free agents than they would be with Charlie+free agents.

Enjoy RJ:toast

sefant77
04-30-2011, 11:14 PM
RJ trade option:

Hedo
Arenas
Roy
Lewis
Al Harrington
Drew Gooden
Josh Childress
Baron Davis (with luck)
Ben Gordon (with luck)
C. Villanueva (with luck)

Chomag
04-30-2011, 11:16 PM
What about Biedrins for RJ straight up or adjust it as necessary?

Great deal for the Spurs, but why would the Warriors want this?

lmbebo
04-30-2011, 11:23 PM
Great deal for the Spurs, but why would the Warriors want this?

Why would anyone take RJ? Prob add some pieces like Blair/Bonner/GHill/JAnderson and whatever pieces they got to maybe make it worth it. I think the previous Warriors coach didn't like Biedrins much either.

Also as likely, or even less.

G. Henderson and Jackson for RJ and JAnderson?

elemento
04-30-2011, 11:23 PM
Every contract in the league is movable with the right incentive

Everyone thought Hedo could not be moved, but he was. TWICE

jesterbobman
04-30-2011, 11:43 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3umjbu7

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4xp63qq

Essentially, pay Cleveland Hill to take on RJ's contract with their trade exception, Give Blair to Dorell Wright(Starting SF) and get a productive big with a long contract. (Biedrins or Varejao).

Realism of these is an issue, but we are giving up talent for better fits.

Chomag
04-30-2011, 11:48 PM
Why would anyone take RJ? Prob add some pieces like Blair/Bonner/GHill/JAnderson and whatever pieces they got to maybe make it worth it. I think the previous Warriors coach didn't like Biedrins much either.

Also as likely, or even less.

G. Henderson and Jackson for RJ and JAnderson?

If they were going to offer that much I would much rather see them make a play on Roy Hibbert in a packaged deal. Much more upside and less injury prone. Spurs would probably have to eat TJ fords contract in that deal, but at least TJ produces more then RJ, and he would also be a decent back up PG.

I think it would still would be kind of a longshot to get them to bite on this though. Realisticaly, I don't know, but since we are talking about these things here :lol

sefant77
04-30-2011, 11:59 PM
Hibbert?

Pacers made the playoffs and Hibbert is a key piece. And this year was the last year with heavy contracts (Dunleavy, Ford, Foster etc). You are 1-2 seasons too late for this.

Biedrins has 27/3 left and much more trade value than RJ. Warriors also doesnt have other bad contracts they would like to dump in a package. They can get much better deals than RJ+crap for Biedrins.

Jax has two years left, why the hell the Bobcats would trade him (and Henderson!) for a even longer contract?

Every contract in the league is movable with the right incentive

Everyone thought Hedo could not be moved, but he was. TWICE

Hedo got moved for other shitty contracts, thats why i posted a list of players with shitty contracts that run also at least (!) three years like RJs.

Thinking of Hibbert or a Biedrins swap is laughable

james evans
05-01-2011, 12:03 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3umjbu7

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4xp63qq

Essentially, pay Cleveland Hill to take on RJ's contract with their trade exception, Give Blair to Dorell Wright(Starting SF) and get a productive big with a long contract. (Biedrins or Varejao).

Realism of these is an issue, but we are giving up talent for better fits.

no way. don't bring in flopping raggedy ann. with both him and ginobli flopping hitting the floor on the regular, those guys are gonna hurt someone if not each other..

Chomag
05-01-2011, 12:05 AM
Hibbert?

Pacers made the playoffs and Hibbert is a key piece. And this year was the last year with heavy contracts (Dunleavy, Ford, Foster etc). You are 1-2 seasons too late for this.

True, I know he was untouchable before but I have been watching him in the playoffs and they have been only playing him a bit over 20 minutes a game in the Chicago series. Maybe he has fallen out of favor? Then again maybe not, I don't know, just throwing it out there as a possibility.

IT would probebly take TP in a packaged deal to get it done anyway, so meh..

lmbebo
05-01-2011, 12:26 AM
Well, I don't think there is a great trade out there for us with the pieces we got at the moment.

Thats not to say nothing can't happen. Just unrealistic. Best bet may be trying to pry Pryzbilla to SA. Last I had read was that he wanted to resign with charlotte.

Also Dalembert is a FA as well.

lmbebo
05-01-2011, 12:33 AM
Any interest in Casspi?

or this one with Minny?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3vh2q38

TimmehC
05-01-2011, 01:52 AM
Ah, fuck it. Probably still zero chance of happening, but I tried to be somewhat of a realist.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3j7842f

pookenstein
05-01-2011, 03:17 AM

I have the feeling you're trying to say something. But what is it?

Russo21
05-01-2011, 04:00 AM
Richard Jefferson for Becky Hammon.

Least we'd have something to look at:blah

Kuestmaster
05-01-2011, 04:35 AM
I only want RJ off this team as soon as possible. Thanks

venitian navigator
05-01-2011, 04:46 AM
One trade that I think could be good for both teams, is, as absurd as it could seem, with Milwaukee.
RJ + Blair for Maggette + their first round draft choice

Rj is obviously better than Mag for the up tempo "Jennings" bucks...and has a fair contract compared to Mag's.
Mag didn't have a good season with Milw, but showed stretches of still having a good game.
Mag imho could work a lot better than RJ in our system...more than all 'cause he has the body to be the "small ball four" we always wanted and that rj has swowed he can't be. Plus, differently from rj, has still the ability to create his own shot that's necessary in a slower rythm that we play (and, like rj, has some ability to shoot the three, expecially if so requested).

Blair looks like the ideal complement of a young Bogut...

EmantheSpursFan
05-01-2011, 04:49 AM
Lets Blow this joint!!

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=65azpyp

tony, dj
manu, neal
Batum, Anderson
Tim, Thomas
Kaman, Splitter

depth

Portland gets a clutch shooter in Jackson and gets a younger Point guard

Clippers get a better SF in Jefferson and also get blair who between him and blake the league wont get any rebounds

Bobcats get a star name to bring fans back in B-roy, also get some young talent in hill and fernandez

ps im half asleep
haha
:toast

Chomag
05-01-2011, 05:21 AM
One trade that I think could be good for both teams, is, as absurd as it could seem, with Milwaukee.

Rj is obviously better than Mag for the up tempo "Jennings" bucks...and has a fair contract compared to Mag's.
Mag didn't have a good season with Milw, but showed stretches of still having a good game.
Mag imho could work a lot better than RJ in our system...more than all 'cause he has the body to be the "small ball four" we always wanted and that rj has swowed he can't be. Plus, differently from rj, has still the ability to create his own shot that's necessary in a slower rythm that we play (and, like rj, has some ability to shoot the three, expecially if so requested).

Not sure if you remember, but the Bucks were the team that droped RJ onto the Spurs like a hot potato.

The Bucks couldn't wait to find a sucker like the Spurs to drop him on so they can wash their hands from him. I just don't see the Bucks wanting, or willing to take him back.

Texas_Ranger
05-01-2011, 05:26 AM
On the end of the day we all know no one will get traded. Pop will say RJ was good and that Bonner can spread the floor. I'm 99% sure they will both stay and play just as many minutes as this year.

Chomag
05-01-2011, 05:29 AM
On the end of the day we all know no one will get traded. Pop will say RJ was good and that Bonner can spread the floor. I'm 99% sure they will both stay and play just as many minutes as this year.

As sad as it sounds it honestly would not surprise me if the Spurs came back with basicaly the same team that has been bounced twice early in the playoffs.

jiggy_55
05-01-2011, 05:50 AM
This isn't a trade idea, but it's a free agent idea..

What about K-Mart? Sure he's a thug lol, and has some knee problems, but he's a legit PF and is really strong and can play aggressive defense.. He's a free agent and will maybe want to sign with a contender? Dunno if SA is a fit for his personality or style (neither was Rasheed Wallace and the Spurs went for him too), but he is a decent PF to look to if Mcdyess retires and other top options aren't available..

Thoughts?

venitian navigator
05-01-2011, 06:02 AM
Not sure if you remember, but the Bucks were the team that droped RJ onto the Spurs like a hot potato.

The Bucks couldn't wait to find a sucker like the Spurs to drop him on so they can wash their hands from him. I just don't see the Bucks wanting, or willing to take him back.

yeah but that was mostly for his enormous contract...thet's been re-dimensioned.
actually, as of now, they face quite the same problem with maggette...and the trade idea is based more than all on the fact that the two player's style loke better for the teams they would be traded to than to their actual teams.

silverblk mystix
05-01-2011, 08:24 AM
None of these trade ideas mean shit if Pop will only bury them on the bench in favor of Bonner.

These ALL need to go;

1) Pop
2) Bonner
3) RJ
4) Hill

TD...either come off the bench or retire.

Manu/Parker...choose Spurs full time (no international ball)
or get traded.

Or just continue being mediocre.

Russo21
05-01-2011, 08:29 AM
Jiggy...i did'nt know KMART was a free agent. He'd be a great addition to our team. Would love to sign him on the cheap. 24 minutes each for kmart and timmy at the PF position would be pretty sweet.

Russo21
05-01-2011, 08:31 AM
RJ for Becky Hammon!

Russo21
05-01-2011, 08:36 AM
Timmy is my favorite all time player of course, one of the 10 greatest in history easy. But he's on the books for $18,835,381! Sorry but thats way overpriced for Tim these days. If Tim wants to finish with another ring i wish he could re-negotiate a smaller contract, surely he's made enough to retire comfortably for the rest of his life already. 18 million is like 1.5 million per point averaged, crazy. I wish he could shave off heaps of his contract to sign another good Centre and Small Forward. I make $40,000 a year. What the heck do these guys need with 18 million a year...

jiggy_55
05-01-2011, 09:01 AM
Jiggy...i did'nt know KMART was a free agent. He'd be a great addition to our team. Would love to sign him on the cheap. 24 minutes each for kmart and timmy at the PF position would be pretty sweet.

Yes, he is an unrestricted FA..

I think Timmy could get his 28 mins like this year and K-Mart could get around 24 mins split between mostly PF and some center minutes. He's a not so bad option, tough, very athletic and doesn't back down. He could defend lots of the guys that give us defensive issues like Dirk, Zbo, Odom, etc.

Main issues against him as I said earlier are his age, mentality, and injury history.

Russo21
05-01-2011, 09:28 AM
True that. He could guard Zach and Lamar and Dirk, Aldridge and the others. He'd be fantastic. We need someone tough with an attitude who won't back down to anyone. Been to two NBA finals, played with RJ if we keep him around (pray we don't) . Big upgrade over the retiring Dice and Bonner. Bring him on board! Need to go out with a bang:flag:

Russo21
05-02-2011, 04:13 AM
How about a trade with Golden State.

RJ and Boner for Biedrins and Dorell Wright. Immediately get a 7 foot centre and 6'9" SF who averaged 16 points 5 rebounds and 37% from 3 and 1.5 steals a game.

Would love that to go down

Anonymous Cowherd
05-02-2011, 05:56 AM
we'd have to give up Blair for it to have a chance

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3cthqob

Obstructed_View
05-02-2011, 06:02 AM
I would love to have gotten Dorell two years ago when it would have cost nothing.

PDXSpursFan
05-02-2011, 12:17 PM
Now that the Spurs have Wallace, Batum is available for the right price. They're looking for a PG since Miller is old and his contract expiring. Spurs should make an offer that centered around Hill.

DPG21920
05-02-2011, 12:41 PM

Link?

If Hedo can be moved with his shit play and contract, anyone can be moved. By anyone, I mean anyone. That means any other player in the NBA. In other words, all players can be moved. All. Every. One. Of. Them. Did I say all of them?

MaNu4Tres
05-02-2011, 12:57 PM
Link?

If Hedo can be moved with his shit play and contract, anyone can be moved. By anyone, I mean anyone. That means any other player in the NBA. In other words, all players can be moved. All. Every. One. Of. Them. Did I say all of them?

I have to agree with Mr. DPG on this one.

Drewlius
05-02-2011, 01:04 PM
I obviously have no basis for saying this, but I always feel like teams are not interested in any trade the Spurs propose. I feel like a lot of it has to do with; how highly respected our scouting is(was), and how we rarely(Well, RJ/Bonner) make mistakes in free agency & the trade market. It seems like if we offer a package for a player then that team knows that they have a talented piece on their hands.

JR3
05-02-2011, 01:28 PM

Yes, but doesn't the main spurs forum become one big think tank in the off season anyways?

Russo21
05-02-2011, 08:38 PM
Parker and Bonner for Steve Nash and Gortat.

We all hate Bonner and he sucks balls. Parker cheated on his hot as hell wife with his teammates (former teammate?) hot as hell wife so loyalty is out of the cards here.

Gortat averaged 10pts 8reb 1block and 56%. In the last 5 games of the season he averaged 18 points and 10 rebounds! Stevie Nash is old but who gives a crap, we have 1 year left to win a ring. He averaged 15 and 11 and makes everyone around him better.

Oh yeah, the Suns hate the Spurs with a passion so it aint gonna happen lol:)

Russo21
05-04-2011, 10:12 AM
Darko and Beasley for Bonner and RJ.

Beasley career 35% 3 point shooter which isnt bad. Career average 16 and 6.

Darko 9pts 5reb 2blocks and is massive.

Be interesting to go back to tall ball

C 7'0 275lbs Darko
PF 6'11 260lbs Timmy
SF 6'10 235 Beasley
SG Manu
PG Tony

Pretty tall beastly lineup. But who am i kidding nobody would take Bonner and RJ off our hands!!

cantthinkofanything
05-04-2011, 10:20 AM
Parker and Bonner for Steve Nash and Gortat.

We all hate Bonner and he sucks balls. Parker cheated on his hot as hell wife with his teammates (former teammate?) hot as hell wife so loyalty is out of the cards here.

Gortat averaged 10pts 8reb 1block and 56%. In the last 5 games of the season he averaged 18 points and 10 rebounds! Stevie Nash is old but who gives a crap, we have 1 year left to win a ring. He averaged 15 and 11 and makes everyone around him better.

Oh yeah, the Suns hate the Spurs with a passion so it aint gonna happen lol:)

I was thinking of this exact trade yesterday but can't get over the defensive liability of Nash.

JamStone
05-04-2011, 02:29 PM
Link?

Here are a couple of links:

Link1 (http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=310429029)
Link2 (http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/spurs.jsp)
Link3 (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/1006/richard-jefferson) note: special attention to birth date and the "last five" gamelog
Link4 (http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/197220/AP_McHale_Out_In_Minnesota)
Link5 (http://www.nba.com/nba_news/isiah_fired_080418.html)

DPG21920
05-04-2011, 03:44 PM
Doesn't cut it. Hedo is more than enough to refute you.

JamStone
05-04-2011, 04:20 PM
Will the Spurs trade Jefferson this summer?

If not, will it be because they still like him and don't want to trade him?

HankChinaski
05-04-2011, 05:03 PM
The spurs issues are in the frontcourt. That is it. They are okay in the backcourt, but they seriously need to draft/trade/sign for a solid 6-10 big that can help facilitate locking down the paint better against the larger frontcourts in the league. The offense is going to struggle with someone like that out there. But the biggest flaw of the teams make up was the lack of interior defense. Sure the spurs could score, but in the memphis series, the spurs had to work extremely hard to get there shots where as the grizzlies not so much. And that was do to the help inside the paint.

I think with the current squad minus one or two players that could be shipped out for caliber inside defender could make their chances better in the post season. The spurs backcourt is still fine and it seems that there is an abundance of replaceable talent in the 2 guard position.

Really depends on the front office whether they want to tweak and run with the current squad or look into the draft or trade for something. If there is a good quality mold player that can fit into the spurs plans they can make a run at them. But after close to week passing by now from the series lost. I just don't see a lot of options with the current squad unless the squad is blown up a little bit to adjust to a earlier molded mind set of defense.

Russo21
05-05-2011, 09:59 PM
So much for the spurs front office being the best in the association.

RJ 4 years 39 million? For that total piece of shit? Why the hell did they resign him when he clearly didn't fit.

Fuck you Pop RC and Peter. Hope you get rid of that worlthless trash:toast

TD 21
05-06-2011, 05:10 PM
Jefferson is absolutely moveable. There is no such thing as an unmovable contract; it's been proven many times. It will be difficult and they may need to swap him for another team's problem, but it's definitely doable.

The Spurs should offer Jefferson for Casspi

Why the Kings would do it: If they strike out in free agency with all of their cap space (which is likely) and gaping hole at SF, they may get desperate. Jefferson is at least a name to sell to their fans and he'd be an upgrade on what they currently have at SF. He'd also add a professional, veteran example for their immature young players, as well as upgrade their three-point shooting. Casspi has fallen out of favor and wants out.

Potential hangup/deal breaker: Garcia's contract.

This isn't about what type of fit Casspi would be; this is about flexibility, as well as gaining a decent young asset. And it could setup a trade for a starting caliber big. Instead of having to use Anderson as an additional asset to McDyess' partially guaranteed contract, Blair and either this year's 1st or a future 1st, they could throw in Casspi.

That may be enough to acquire Varejao. He's not ideal, because he's similar to Splitter (which means he'd be redundant) and despite what his inflated listing suggests, he's more like 6-10 250, but he may be the best the Spurs can realistically do. And adding him to Duncan and Splitter would instantly give them one of the best defensive front courts in the league.

If they can pull that off, then Battier makes sense as a stop gap at SF. He's not as good a defender as his reputation suggests, but he's still better than anyone the Spurs have had on the wing since Bowen.

That would leave the Spurs with . . .

Varejao/Bonner
Battier/Anderson
Duncan/Splitter
Ginobili/Neal
Parker/Hill

Hoops Czar
05-06-2011, 05:31 PM
Varejao/Bonner
Battier/Anderson
Duncan/Splitter
Ginobili/Neal
Parker/Hill

That would leave the Spurs with three sg's and one pg. They would still need a back up point guard. Hill is NOT that guy.

TD 21
05-06-2011, 06:16 PM
That would leave the Spurs with three sg's and one pg. They would still need a back up point guard. Hill is NOT that guy.

Not necessary with an SG like Ginobili. They have four guards capable of handling the ball some and making plays (even though Hill and Neal can only make plays for themselves).

Nathan89
05-06-2011, 08:16 PM
Next Year:
Rj contract 9.3mil
Casspi contract 1.3mil

Are you telling me they are going to pay 8mil more for a guy that might not even be as good as the one they have. You pitch Rj like he is going to bring a lot of interest from fans, he is not.

He may be movable but it wouldn't be deal like this. It would be us taking a bad contract back. If Spurs were capable of doing the deal you proposed they would no longer be interested in Varejao and his terrible contract.

TD 21
05-06-2011, 08:41 PM
Next Year:
Rj contract 9.3mil
Casspi contract 1.3mil

Are you telling me they are going to pay 8mil more for a guy that might not even be as good as the one they have. You pitch Rj like he is going to bring a lot of interest from fans, he is not.

He may be movable but it wouldn't be deal like this. It would be us taking a bad contract back. If Spurs were capable of doing the deal you proposed they would no longer be interested in Varejao and his terrible contract.

The Kings have the most cap space in the league and down the stretch used Garcia/Greene as their SF combo. When they inevitably swing and miss on anyone credible in free agency, they'll be left with overpaying mediocrity (like the Nets did last off season). Jefferson is no different than that, he'd just come in the form of a trade and not a free agent signing. He wouldn't "bring a lot of interest from fans", but he's an established name to sell to their fans, so that they can pretend they did something worthwhile.

Obviously there's no guarantee they'd do this. I even said, they might insist on the Spurs taking Garcia, but I don't think this is out of the realm of possibilities, either. If the Spurs are capable of doing the deal I proposed, then it gives them the financial flexibility to add Varejao or someone of that ilk without dramatically increasing payroll in the next few seasons. In fact, Varejao makes less than Jefferson.

I'm not big on Varejao (I saw him as a better fit before Splitter came over), but he and Okur are probably the best the Spurs can realistically do. As weak defensively as the front line has been in recent seasons, if you add Varejao to Duncan and Splitter, it would instantly become one of the best in the league. They still wouldn't have a big, wide bodied type, but the Bynum's and Gasol's (Marc) of the world don't grow on trees.

The alternative is going with the four rotation bigs under contract and trying to sign a Foster or Mohammed or Collins to serve as the fifth and to play ahead of Blair against the bigger teams.

TJastal
05-06-2011, 10:43 PM

Great idea but I don't think the bucks want him back after his first tour of duty there.

Russo21
05-07-2011, 08:34 AM
Might have to give up Tony to make this one work with Milwauke.

Andrew Bogut, Brandon Jennings, Corey Maggette

for

Tony Parker, Richard Jefferson and Matt Boner

Get a fantastic big who idolised Timmy growing up and would have no problem in our system, we both from melbourne australia! Maggette the spurs wanted a few years ago and instead we got roger mason jr, maggette would be big upgrade over jefferson. Sad to let tony go but the bucks get a superstar point guard and we get a potential all star point in jennings in return.

Bogut
Duncan
Maggette
Manu
Jennings

No holes in that lineup anywhere. Get that deal done guys!! I'd love Bogut to play for SA:toast

rudwick
05-07-2011, 10:26 AM
OK How about this one:

Minnesota gets:
Jefferson
Blair

Spurs get:
Randolph
Pekovic
Ridnour

I think this helps us more than the trade machine thinks...

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3o3l5oa

EmantheSpursFan
05-07-2011, 10:29 AM
Not sure if serious ^

EmantheSpursFan
05-07-2011, 10:30 AM
(Talking about the Bogut trade)

EmantheSpursFan
05-07-2011, 11:11 AM
I dont think its time for this team to blow up just yet, we still have another run in this team we just need a few pieces. Now If we could get tim to reconstruct his contract, i think Dalembert and luc richard mbah a moute would be the most realistic offseason for the spurs.

If we do have a major trade just think about how long it will take them to learn the spurs system and by that time Manu and Tim might be too old at that point.

Dalembert might be tired of a loosing team and pop could possibly guarantee him a starting spot on the team that had the best record in the west. We wont be asked to score 20 points a game just provide solid defense and grab rebounds. Luc richard mbah moute is the solid defender that the spurs have lacked.

Dalembert/Blair/Bonner
Tim/tiago
Luc/RJ/Anderson
Manu/Neal
Tony/Hill

the defense would be day and night from our current team, RJ would be better utilized off the bench. We would probably have to sell our draft pick this year which i wouldnt mind doing since it is a pretty weak draft.

what do y'all think?

CGD
05-07-2011, 11:45 AM
As a poster in another thread suggested, if are going to move RJ we need to look for team with an comparably bad misfit on their team. For example, Childress is probably more suited for the Spurs' style than RJ, and RJ for the Suns' style than Childress.

Also the paradigm has shifted away from building around the "big 3." Pick ups like Dalembert, Varejao, and Darko are USELESS since they don't address our need for a post player who can initiate offense for himself.

elemento
05-07-2011, 12:01 PM
Timmy is not what he used to be, but if he had some help in the post, i'm pretty sure he can be this post player that can initiate offense for himself. He is the only guy in the Spurs roster than can to that.

It's just too damn hard for a 35 year-old guy to anchor the defense and be a reliable weapon on offense.

Just start Tiago Splitter ! I don't think we can do much better than that in the offseason considering our situation financially.

Spursfan 87
05-07-2011, 12:24 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3schyk9

Sjax
T.Thomas

For

Dice
Hill
Blair
RJ

Spurtacus
05-07-2011, 12:56 PM
Richard Jefferson
Matt Bonner
Antonio McDyess (will likely retire)
2011 2nd round draft pick

for

John Salmons
Corey Maggette
Ersan Ilyasova

ChuckD
05-07-2011, 01:01 PM
I just can't seem to see the way others are thinking Spurs can just trade away their fodder and get something good with it. It's going to take something of Value to get something of Value. Isiah Thomas is no longer working in the NBA anymore.

No one is taking on RJ's contract without one of the big 3 being involved. We are stuck with his useless 30 mil lazy ass for the next 3 years unless we give up TP, or Manu to get rid of him.

RJ to a bad team is totally possible. His contract next year is a shade over $9M, and as a higher rotation option, he could still drop 18+ppg. He's just a terrible fit here, but he scored 20ppg in his last season, pre-Spurs. If the Spurs are willing to salary dump him for ending contracts, he's gone, and quicker than you think.

He's proven that he can't be an important cog on a contender and step up when needed. Guess what? 20+ teams don't give a shit about that. He's a solid citizen who can score efficiently with enough touches. If we put him out on the curb, someone will pick him up.

Russo21
05-08-2011, 05:50 AM
2 trades IMO

1st

Hill for Batum straight up

Blazers are desperate for a PG and we need a long SF that can defend.

2nd

Jefferson + Blair for Kaman's expiring. We want to get rid of Dick and the Clips need a better SF than Gomes. Blair is the incentive for the Clips in order to get Dick's bad contract.

Would definately like to see those two trades go down:toastnice job

TJastal
05-08-2011, 07:02 AM
Richard Jefferson
Matt Bonner
Antonio McDyess (will likely retire)
2011 2nd round draft pick

for

John Salmons
Corey Maggette
Ersan Ilyasova

The bucks aren't going to take trash in trade for solid players, and I'm pretty sure they don't want Jefferson back after getting rid of his overpaid ass once already.

And I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the same for the other 27 teams in the league. But what the hell, if it makes you feel better to think up dream trades that are never gonna happen at least use the color blue so people know your not serious. :lol

TJastal
05-08-2011, 07:07 AM
RJ to a bad team is totally possible. His contract next year is a shade over $9M, and as a higher rotation option, he could still drop 18+ppg. He's just a terrible fit here, but he scored 20ppg in his last season, pre-Spurs. If the Spurs are willing to salary dump him for ending contracts, he's gone, and quicker than you think.

He's proven that he can't be an important cog on a contender and step up when needed. Guess what? 20+ teams don't give a shit about that. He's a solid citizen who can score efficiently with enough touches. If we put him out on the curb, someone will pick him up.

But he didn't step up "when needed". All I remember in the playoffs is a bricked a wide open 3 at the top of the key that sealed the spurs' fate. No team is going to pay that much for a proven playoff choker.

kobyz
05-08-2011, 07:17 AM
Would definately like to see those two trades go down:toastnice job

two unrealistic trades...
even though i would like to think Portland or any team value Hill as a good player and would like to give us great talent such as Batum, i don't think it's that situation, Hill is Just a bad player!

and why would the Clippers for Jefferson would give us Kaman who is a better player and has expiring contract when the only compensation they get is Blair who doesn't have much value, this trade also far from the reality.

TJastal
05-08-2011, 07:50 AM
even though i would like to think Portland or any team value Hill as a good player and would like to give us great talent such as Batum, i don't think it's that situation, Hill is Just a bad player!

and why would the Clippers for Jefferson would give us Kaman who is a better player and has expiring contract when the only compensation they get is Blair who doesn't have much value, this trade also far from the reality.

Hill was a 6th man of the year candidate and is still young enough to develop confidence (the only thing holding him back). He has some decent trade value IMO.

kobyz
05-08-2011, 08:37 AM
Hill was a 6th man of the year candidate and is still young enough to develop confidence (the only thing holding him back). He has some decent trade value IMO.

but that the problem, it's look like he has the skills on paper but there is things that make him not to be significant player, things like feel for the game, too passive, mind things. i don't belive in him and i don't see any team belive in him!

CGD
05-08-2011, 01:22 PM
It occurs to me that while folks correctly point to how "overvalued" RJ's contract is, that we should apply similar reasoning with respect Blair/Hill. I would argue that each of them is "undervalued" for the 2 years remaining on their respective contracts. Next year, the Spurs will pay the duo roughly $2.5M, and the following year about $3.3M. I'd go as far as to say that the Hill & Blair duo is more undervalued, than RJ is overvalued.

I'm not sure teams would be able to find a comparable combination of talent for that price. All this is to suggest that packaging RJ (overvalued) with Hill & Blair (undervalued) together -- a sum total of nearly $12M -- may help bring back a decent player notwithstanding RJ's three year deal. Just food for thought...

Cane
05-08-2011, 01:23 PM
Sixers want to deal Igoudala. Doubt the Spurs will be players in that though. Carry on.

elemento
05-08-2011, 01:48 PM

Classic case where we over-valuate other players and under-valuate our players.

While I igree that Hill is not our future in the PG position, the boy is not bad at all. He has his flaws, but he is a really good role player. A lot of teams would love to have him and then we would be crying watching him playing really well for some other team, just like we have been crying about Scola.

And Portland has the same problem with Batum that we have with Hill. Great talent with tools that play way too passive.

The same can be said about Blair. A lot of teams would love to have him. If you dont believe me, just ask fans from other franchises.

And yeah, its going to be almost impossible to trade Dick with his contract, but at least this trade attempt was not totally delusional like Howard for Jefferson + Hill + Blair and some other crap trade attempts that i have seen..

jesterbobman
05-08-2011, 04:08 PM
Hill and Blair were key role players in a team that won 61 games. They have value. Look at the league for teams that need either a guard who can create his own shot, or rebounding help.

They're not star players, but they certainly have specific skills that help teams win. Could they get Dwight Howard etc: No. Could they be used to get good players who are overpaid: Yes. e.g.,

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3zrp5tf

Dyess, Blair to Philly
Jefferson to Sacramento
Iggy Here

Saves Philly 15 million a year, Can resign Thaddeus Young, sacramento uses cap space to sign RJ(and RJ is free of the burden of playoff pressure, and can just score), We get Iggy. A better player than RJ, but on a more expensive contract for the same length of time.

It's a talent upgrade for us, and Philly would get a trade exception of ~ 7 million, which they could use to pick up another rotation player(A shooter might be an option).

Do I see that actually happening: No, probably not. But that's not too outlandish.

TJastal
05-09-2011, 10:05 AM
Parker/Bonner/Dice exception for Gasol / Blake / Ebanks
RJ + 1st round pick for Travis Outlaw

Gasol/Splitter
Duncan/Blair/Novak
Outlaw/Ebanks
Manu/Hill/Green
Mid level exception PG signing (Dragic/Brooks/Price) / Blake

JonNOKC
05-09-2011, 11:23 AM
It will be tough to make trade that gets the Spurs much in return unless you put TP on market. Hill and Blair would appeal to some teams but not sure you get equal value especially considering their salaries. Maybe if the Lakers really are determined to blow things up and over react to the total embarrassment of DAL series then the Spurs could benefit, but could not imagine Lakers wanting the Spurs as trade partners unless it was just a one sided deal - looking around the NBA the team that may be most willing to make moves is Detroit Pistons. Dumars is under some pressure to make changes and they are clearly moving towards youth with Stuckey, Monroe, and Daye + 7th overall pick - they have alot of money tied up in guys that do not seem part of their future and play limited minutes - pay, yrs left, avg minutes.

Hamilton - 12.5/2 , 27min
Gordon - 10.4/3, 26min
C-Villa - 7.2/3, 22 min
Maxiell - 5/1, 16 min

The problem is RIP is 33yo, Gordon is many ways is a much more expensive GNeal, Charlie would be a more athletic,longer Bonner (I think that is kinda a good thing), and Maxiell is a more expensive DBlair.

Maybe it would be possible for Spurs to do sign and tade involving Prince packaged with CharlieV - for RJ,Dice(for salary reason), & pick - you could possibly even get rid of Bonner if you include Hill and take back Bynum - anyway tough to structure that trade between new CBO and not knowing what Prince value on market is.

Since the Pistons will not have much cap room they could get some salary relief with Dice retiring, get rid of Charlie and get something in return for Price
vs losing him in FA - if you pull this trade you would like to involve Bonner or have a second trade in the works as having BonBon & Charlie makes no sense.

JonNOKC
05-10-2011, 10:25 AM
Hill and Blair were key role players in a team that won 61 games. They have value. Look at the league for teams that need either a guard who can create his own shot, or rebounding help.

They're not star players, but they certainly have specific skills that help teams win. Could they get Dwight Howard etc: No. Could they be used to get good players who are overpaid: Yes. e.g.,

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3zrp5tf

Dyess, Blair to Philly
Jefferson to Sacramento
Iggy Here

Saves Philly 15 million a year, Can resign Thaddeus Young, sacramento uses cap space to sign RJ(and RJ is free of the burden of playoff pressure, and can just score), We get Iggy. A better player than RJ, but on a more expensive contract for the same length of time.

It's a talent upgrade for us, and Philly would get a trade exception of ~ 7 million, which they could use to pick up another rotation player(A shooter might be an option).

Do I see that actually happening: No, probably not. But that's not too outlandish.

Don't see this happening but the thing in the NBA is it only takes one GM/Owner that really likes a player to make a move - there is always hope despite RJ and Bonner contracts

Agloco
05-10-2011, 04:22 PM

Magic get:
-Richard Jefferson
-George Hill
-Dejuan Blair
-Tiago Splitter

Spurs get:
-Dwight Howard

:rolleyes

Lurk for a while, you'll get the hang of it.

venitian navigator
05-11-2011, 11:37 AM
One player we probably could have for RJ is Marvin Wiliams...imho both players fits the opposite team style (expecially Jefferson for them).

venitian navigator
05-11-2011, 11:45 AM
Following what I just posted, in case we opt to re-build and re-jouvanate the team, here are three deals that could work, for both teams involved :

1) Jefferson for M. Williams (RJ fit Atlanta style, Wiliams is still 25, has potential and his style doesn't work in Atlanta and probably, looking at his playoffs minutes, they totally lost confidence in him)
2) Parker for Bynum (solve the Lakers oroblem at pioint guard)
3) Ginobili for Iguodala (for winning now gino is better than Iguo...)

carib
05-11-2011, 03:36 PM

Magic get:
-Richard Jefferson
-George Hill
-Dejuan Blair
-Tiago Splitter

Spurs get:
-Dwight Howard

can you give them bonner as a thank you note

Spurtacus
05-11-2011, 05:46 PM
Bonner/RJ for Luol Deng

I can't logically explain why Chicago would do this unless they want inconsistent outside shooters.

tdunk21
05-11-2011, 06:50 PM
Bonner/RJ for Luol Deng

I can't logically explain why Chicago would do this unless they want inconsistent outside shooters.

chicago needs a SG pretty badly.....is it worth giving up James Anderson in that package and get deng? deng is a very good defender and a slasher....

MR.SILVER&BLack
05-11-2011, 06:56 PM
chicago needs a SG pretty badly.....is it worth giving up James Anderson in that package and get deng? deng is a very good defender and a slasher....

na i think anderson will be a Wesley Matthews clone and have an amazing season next season. dengs not showing much in the playoffs anyways.

elemento
05-11-2011, 06:57 PM
Have you guys actually seen the Bulls?

Deng has been the 2nd best player in Chicago. Now that they are real contenders, they wont let Deng. Plus, Thibs loves the guy. Chicago would move Boozer before Deng.

Totally unrealistic

Spurtacus
05-11-2011, 07:46 PM

If Deng was a few years younger I would definitely sweeten the deal with Anderson.

EmantheSpursFan
05-11-2011, 11:38 PM
Would you do this trade?
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6jr5vyd

Magic get:
RJ
McDyess

Spurs get:
Hedo
Bass

Spurs might have to throw a first or Blair to get it done

Hedo already knows the spurs system and bass is just like blair with better defense.

RJ will get a fresh start in Orlando with Gilbert throwing him easy passes and Orlando saves some money from turks contract.

EmantheSpursFan
05-11-2011, 11:43 PM
I think its pretty realistic for both teams.

Tony/hill
Manu/Neal
Hedo/Anderson
Tim/Bass
Tiago/Bonner

Use the MLE to get Spencer Haws or Oden??

ynh
05-11-2011, 11:57 PM
Oden is going to get more than the MLE.. speaking of which I thought PORT already threw a qualifying at him at around 9.. might be wrong but thought I heard that.

ynh
05-12-2011, 12:00 AM
Yeah I'm right it was 8.8 million to keep him restricted.

pad300
05-12-2011, 12:24 AM
Have you guys actually seen the Bulls?

Deng has been the 2nd best player in Chicago. Now that they are real contenders, they wont let Deng. Plus, Thibs loves the guy. Chicago would move Boozer before Deng.

Totally unrealistic

Yeah, at the end of last season, for RJ`s expiring and a couple of picks. They would have strongly considered it . Now, they laugh you out of the room...

EmantheSpursFan
05-12-2011, 12:56 AM
Oden is going to get more than the MLE.. speaking of which I thought PORT already threw a qualifying at him at around 9.. might be wrong but thought I heard that.

Do you think the Full MLE will get Chuck Hayes down here to SA?

EmantheSpursFan
05-12-2011, 12:57 AM
Tony/Hill
Manu/Neal
Turk/Anderson
Tim/Bass
Tiago/Hayes/bonner

a little short but gets the job done

Nathan89
05-12-2011, 01:04 AM
Do you think the Full MLE will get Chuck Hayes down here to SA?

6'6 center:hat

EmantheSpursFan
05-12-2011, 01:17 AM
Backup Center haha just not starting
:toast

spursince#99
05-17-2011, 02:55 PM
None of these trade ideas mean shit if Pop will only bury them on the bench in favor of Bonner.

These ALL need to go;

1) Pop
2) Bonner
3) RJ
4) Hill

TD...either come off the bench or retire.

Manu/Parker...choose Spurs full time (no international ball)
or get traded.

Or just continue being mediocre.Head on except number 4...but i would desperately like for us to release Blair BONNER & RJ even if its for nothing and we still have to pay them for waiving them...please & thank you...be blessed...

Mugen
05-17-2011, 03:43 PM
RJ/Bonner to Golden State for Biedrins/Dorrell Wright

Biedrins is pretty redundant with Splitter around but he's still a great shot blocker/rebounder when healthy, and you can never have enough of those.

Wright is better than RJ at every facet of the game right now and 6 years younger.

Maybe GS does it to unload Bied's contract and fit RJ in their uptempo game.

Doubt Pop does it because Bieds can't shoot outside of dunking and his ginger obsession.

My dream scenario, tbh.

Holden_Caulfield
05-19-2011, 02:38 AM
#2 pick and ricky rubio for TP + 29th pick.

take kanter or williams with the number 2 pick.

Ditty
05-19-2011, 02:41 AM
what I posted in the think tank:

Richard Jefferson for Mike Miller and Joel Anthony

Miami gets a player more fitted for there system

Spurs get a 3 point shooter to fit in our system, and get a shot blocker and big body

salaries match

blkroadrunners
05-19-2011, 03:05 AM
Richard Jefferson for Mike Miller and Joel Anthony

RJ would be worse off there than he is here since he'll be playing behind Lebron and Wade.

Can't see Miami wanting to pull that off.

Russo21
05-19-2011, 07:39 AM
RJ/Bonner to Golden State for Biedrins/Dorrell Wright

Biedrins is pretty redundant with Splitter around but he's still a great shot blocker/rebounder when healthy, and you can never have enough of those.

Wright is better than RJ at every facet of the game right now and 6 years younger.

Maybe GS does it to unload Bied's contract and fit RJ in their uptempo game.

Doubt Pop does it because Bieds can't shoot outside of dunking and his ginger obsession.

My dream scenario, tbh.

Yep i'd do that trade without hesitation also:toastFingers crossed something like that goes down. I like both Biedrens and Dorrell i think they'd both fit here beautifully and have thought about that exact trade myself. Massive upgrades from this years starting centre in Blair or Dice and a massive upgrade over RJ at SF offensively and defensively.

Biedrins
Duncan
Wright
Manu
Tony

Pretty formidable starting lineup

Mhak
05-19-2011, 12:35 PM
As most of you think about pipe dream trades, this is what going to happen... NOTHING!!!!!
RC and Pop will look at the draft and see what they can get!! They are in love with the big man that can shoot 3's. The front court problem we have will be filled with a rookie (PF or center) that can shoot 3's.

They need to rethink and change their strategy! Stop looking for Robert Horry type player. Anyways here are the people i want out!!

Blair: Good at time but way to short and defense is suspect.
To be effective next season: He needs to improve on his jumper and maybe grow a little

Bonner: Can't Defend!!
To be effective next season: Nothing he will do will help him!! He already reach is capability as a player.

RJ: I dont know where to start
To be effective next season: Work out with Pop Again? (Pop is probably done with this kid)

Pop: I think he needs to step down and just work in the office!! He's plays are already checked by most couches!! We need a new system!!!

Killakobe81
05-19-2011, 01:47 PM
Parker/Bonner/Dice exception for Gasol / Blake / Ebanks
RJ + 1st round pick for Travis Outlaw

Gasol/Splitter
Duncan/Blair/Novak
Outlaw/Ebanks
Manu/Hill/Green
Mid level exception PG signing (Dragic/Brooks/Price) / Blake

Not a horrible deal ...but Pau is a PF, not a center. And parker needs to be better at 3pt shooting to play with Bynum ...

TJastal
05-20-2011, 12:36 PM
Not a horrible deal ...but Pau is a PF, not a center. And parker needs to be better at 3pt shooting to play with Bynum ...

True, I should have just listed Tim Duncan as "center" as that's what he plays nowadays.

But Parker would help ease the scoring burden even though it's true he's not a 3pt specialist. It could work if you think about it. One way is if Kobe became more of a 3pt specialist, with Parker handling the ball and setting up teammates. I bet TP could average 10-12 assists a night as the primary ballhandler in the triangle offense. Don't forget, he is still the best in the league at getting in the paint.

This has the additional benefit of letting Kobe relax a bit and not always have the pressure of trying to be the facilitator and scorer for the laker offense.

Course, you'd have to take a questionable contract (Bonner) off our hands but at the same time we'd be taking one back (Blake). We could even throw in a draft pick.

In the end, probably not the best idea for a trade but its still fun to speculate.

TJastal
05-20-2011, 12:39 PM
As most of you think about pipe dream trades, this is what going to happen... NOTHING!!!!!
RC and Pop will look at the draft and see what they can get!! They are in love with the big man that can shoot 3's. The front court problem we have will be filled with a rookie (PF or center) that can shoot 3's.

They need to rethink and change their strategy! Stop looking for Robert Horry type player. Anyways here are the people i want out!!

Blair: Good at time but way to short and defense is suspect.
To be effective next season: He needs to improve on his jumper and maybe grow a little

Bonner: Can't Defend!!
To be effective next season: Nothing he will do will help him!! He already reach is capability as a player.

RJ: I dont know where to start
To be effective next season: Work out with Pop Again? (Pop is probably done with this kid)

Pop: I think he needs to step down and just work in the office!! He's plays are already checked by most couches!! We need a new system!!!

Pop tried to step down earlier this season but Holt apparently still has wet dreams about the ol' days.

G-Dawgg
05-20-2011, 05:53 PM
Trade Parker. He said it himself, we aren't contending anymore anyways.So I say trade him for younger peices that we can build a future on, since he's the only player that we have right now with any real trade value...

Thomas82
05-20-2011, 10:54 PM
Trade Parker. He said it himself, we aren't contending anymore anyways.So I say trade him for younger peices that we can build a future on, since he's the only player that we have right now with any real trade value...

Is it true that we passed up a chance to trade him at midseason? I heard the deal was Tony Parker and a filler for Devin Harris and Derrick Favors. If it was me in charge, I would have done that trade in a heartbeat.

Man In Black
05-21-2011, 02:18 AM
I wish the peeps that know Euroball would chime in...even KBP(As long as he can keep it to just about the hoops and not any of that drama shit he does so well).

If this was Soccer, then the Spurs would be like Tottenham looking to trade with Bayern Munich. Maybe we can trade RJ to Caja Laboral for Mirza Teletovic.

Master splitter
05-24-2011, 12:32 PM
Seems like their will be more tp trade rumors compared to last year. I'm hearing minny, lakers, Atlanta, Milwaukee, and cleaveland are thinking of trading players and picks. I've got a good feeling that Tony will be traded this summer. Just hope it's not for that old twig Gasol. Can't believe many spurs fans really want this guy. But I feel it will be minny or bucks, just hope it's a good deal.:flag:

TJastal
05-24-2011, 04:55 PM
Seems like their will be more tp trade rumors compared to last year. I'm hearing minny, lakers, Atlanta, Milwaukee, and cleaveland are thinking of trading players and picks. I've got a good feeling that Tony will be traded this summer. Just hope it's not for that old twig Gasol. Can't believe many spurs fans really want this guy. But I feel it will be minny or bucks, just hope it's a good deal.:flag:

What would be so terrible about having another 7'1" tower with length and a post game? Who can pass the ball. This year he effortlessly put up 18/10/3/2. And he's only 31 years old (3-4 solid years left).

Him and Timmy would make the best passing frontcourt in the league. All he needs to do is find his motivation to play inspired basketball again, which I'm sure he would do in a different setting. I think he lost it somehow with all the expectations & media attention in LA and I especially think he's tired of being a lackey to a selfish egomaniac who takes 90% of the credit (take a guess who that is). I think a change of scenery would do him good and his last 3-4 prime years would see him play inspired again, and post some impressive numbers.

vander
05-24-2011, 05:19 PM
14 first round picks for howard :downspin:

seriously, anything that doesn't bring in a legit superstar won't accomplish shit