PDA

View Full Version : Lots of Chest Thumping...

SpursChampsIII
06-08-2005, 12:48 PM
...but Spurs are the only team in the NBA not intimidated by Pistons attempted "swagger." I saw them get off the plane with their WWF Championship belts...all part of the mind games that work on the weak. We are not weak, in fact, we are the most formidable opponent Detroit will have faced all season, given this is a seven game series. Our route to the playoffs--beat Denver who had the best record in the NBA in the 2nd half of the season. Beat a Seattle team who up until the last month, was a threat to have best record in NBA. Beat the team with the best record in the NBA for the season...3 times on their home court. Spurs are playing the best ball in the NBA right now, have the home court advantage, and the hottest team usually comes out on top...Detroit should know that. I think you will see a Spurs team who will be able to play their style of defense without having to key on an offensive star like Barbie Doll Ray-Ray, Amare, or Nash. Head up, manu el mano, etc. We'll go ahead and take those WWF belts now.

MadDog73
06-08-2005, 12:52 PM
Nice take. I, too, was like, :wtf is Detroit thinking? Like Parker wearing his 2003 T-shirt, not a good way to start a series....

boutons
06-08-2005, 01:00 PM
"WWF Championship belts."

Totally tacky balla "in your face" shit, but the NBA ballas ain't nothin if they ain't tasteless poseurs and fakers.

This bullshit balla swagger will soon be seen, perhaps as soon as next Monday morning, as actually "whistling past the graveyard", esp by that lazy, chickenshit nut-case of an emotional cripple Rasheed.

spur219
06-08-2005, 01:03 PM
Detroit is trying to intimidate. Too bad it ain't working.

combs84
06-08-2005, 01:03 PM
Cmon guys, the belts are cool. Its just how we roll. We are the Champs and the belts are on the line. Come and get it.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-08-2005, 01:07 PM
LOL!!!! Its funny because it cannot be stressed enough how different this series will be from detroits other series. Eastern conference, what a joke.

Time for to finish this business and show them who the real champs are. They can keep those sissy belts though.

Kori Ellis
06-08-2005, 01:08 PM
I think the belts are funny. I don't think the Pistons think that anyone is actually intimidated by them. It's all in good fun.

Sonia_TX
06-08-2005, 01:11 PM
I didn't see the belts...picture?

2centsworth
06-08-2005, 01:12 PM
Cmon guys, the belts are cool. Its just how we roll. We are the Champs and the belts are on the line. Come and get it.

they're are trying to sike themselves out. It's immature, but we're all good.

MadDog73
06-08-2005, 01:13 PM
I think the belts are funny. I don't think the Pistons think that anyone is actually intimidated by them. It's all in good fun.

Well, I agree with you. But coming off the bus wearing them? That seemed a bit much.

Larry was cool enough to sign autographs, though.

combs84
06-08-2005, 01:17 PM
they're are trying to sike themselves out. It's immature, but we're all good.

I didn't know the fun police were watching.

CosmicCowboy
06-08-2005, 01:30 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/graphics/sports/buck/img/dec04/belt1203.jpg

CosmicCowboy
06-08-2005, 01:32 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/pistons/wallpaper_041102_640.jpg

nkdlunch
06-08-2005, 02:13 PM

:lmao first time I see it that shit is funny. They'll probably show up on Ebay the day after Spurs win the championship and sell for like $5

1Parker1
06-08-2005, 02:19 PM
The belts are ugly, but, hey--they stand out which is what the Pistons wanted. Actually I believe it was Rasheed Wallace who designed and got them made for the team.

There is nothing wrong with wearing the belts coming into SA. They are the DEFENDING CHAMPS, getting ready to play in the Finals again the very next year. The trophy is still there's until we take it away. Why wouldn't you show off when you have the chance?

ObiwanGinobili
06-08-2005, 02:20 PM
I think the belts are stupid.
this is BASKETBALL , not wrestling or boxing.. or anmy other sport. It stands on it's own.

FearDaFro
06-08-2005, 02:25 PM
the belts are symbolic. The more we wear them, the more the other team tries to get rid of them. But to do that, you gotta beat the champs, and nobody's done that yet.

SpursChampsIII
06-08-2005, 02:26 PM

You are not the champs...you were last year's champs, just like we were before you. We want it and we'll take it...give up a struggle and we'll make it hurt :lol

ALVAREZ6
06-08-2005, 02:28 PM
I could care less about those belts...Belts don't mean shit, it's the NBA.

The only thing that matters in the LOB trophy, and we are taking that away this year.

bigzak25
06-08-2005, 02:34 PM
the belts are fun and funny.
i give them props for being a TEAM...so good for them.

but our Spurs will be content to reclaim the O'brien and Finals MVP trophies.
:smokin

admack
06-08-2005, 02:35 PM
I believe that what you people are doing is called "HATING".
Dont be hating on the Pistons because they came up with some original stuff.
If David Robinson would have bought the Spurs belts when they won I wonder if your views would be different.

:fro FEAR THE FRO IN SAN ANTONIO! :fro

spur219
06-08-2005, 02:42 PM
I don't hate the belts. They are pretty nice. I think they will look better on the Spurs after this series.

combs84
06-08-2005, 02:44 PM
Aww Runner-up belts. How cute :). jp.

samikeyp
06-08-2005, 02:51 PM
the belts are symbolic. The more we wear them, the more the other team tries to get rid of them. But to do that, you gotta beat the champs, and nobody's done that yet.

more like the fans are really. I don't think the Spurs players care nor should they. The belts themselves don't mean squat, its what's behind them. The players on both sides know that. Detroit knows that just because they wear the belts doesn't mean they will win and vice versa. I wouldn't have done that personally but hey its unique and a team thing so why not? If they walked into SBC holding them up like the WWE that would be one thing but I don't see the harm of walking from the bus to the hotel with them on.

ObiwanGinobili
06-08-2005, 02:57 PM

uhh.... yeah.. these are the 1st finals since Detroit won . ie: an attempt hasn't even been made yet dude. Hold your horses.
Win this year and I could accpet a statement like that........but not yet.

stmfuller
06-08-2005, 03:07 PM
LOL!!!! Its funny because it cannot be stressed enough how different this series will be from detroits other series. Eastern conference, what a joke.
It's also funny because it cannot be stressed enough how different this series will be from the Spurs' other series.
Western Conference...all show...no go.

Sonia_TX
06-08-2005, 03:10 PM
haha, I think the belts are hilarious. Thanks for posting those pictures... crazy Pistons.

rr2418
06-08-2005, 03:20 PM

Again, that is what differs the Pistons from the Spurs. The Pistons are to concerned with the " we look bad image, look at us now " thing, while the Spurs are here just to play basketball and win!

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-08-2005, 03:26 PM
Again, that is what differs the Pistons from the Spurs. The Pistons are to concerned with the " we look bad image, look at us now " thing, while the Spurs are here just to play basketball and win!

I disagree. The Pistons want to shut up every writer and prognosticator that has said last year was a fluke. They are hungry, they are determined. They are not resting on last year's accomplishments because they believe no one is giving them credit for last year.

The Spurs are hungry and determined as well. The Spurs are a more talented team 1-8. Will talent win out or does will beat skill? I dunno, but it should be a great series.

nkdlunch
06-08-2005, 03:29 PM
I disagree. The Pistons want to shut up every writer and prognosticator that has said last year was a fluke. They are hungry, they are determined. They are not resting on last year's accomplishments because they believe no one is giving them credit for last year.

Exactly, Pistons always have something to prove. Spurs don't want to proove nobody wrong, don't even care if they make the headlines or not. They just want the championship, besides their fans, they don't care who's watching.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-08-2005, 03:33 PM
Exactly, Pistons always have something to prove. Spurs don't want to proove nobody wrong, don't even care if they make the headlines or not. They just want the championship, besides their fans, they don't care who's watching.

But that's different than saying "we look bad, look at us." The Spurs and Pistons are both motivated to win the championship, does it matter where that motivation comes from?

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-08-2005, 03:35 PM
I think the real question is how are the Pistons going to keep there pants up after the Spurs win and take those things?

LilMissSPURfect
06-08-2005, 03:40 PM

too funny...... what will they come up with next ? :lol :lol :lol :lol

i've give em this much....without those belts theres nothing to hold their jocks from falling when manu and parker whip right past them.......

:spin :spin :spin :spin :spin :spin :spin :spin :spin :spin :spin :spin

spurster
06-08-2005, 03:45 PM
Girdles?

Some jeweler with the wrong ring size?

benjirh
06-08-2005, 04:11 PM

Sorry to completely disagree with you. It is always about proving someone wrong. First it was proving to Jackson that there should be no *. Then it was proving to the media that we deserve more pub. Not saying that the Spurs went about it in the same way that the Pistons do. But the spurs do want recognition for their play. They aren't crushed when they don't get it, but they do play to prove that they are the best team. Why would the Spurs not want to increase their fan base? As far as the belts go, they must have an impact on some of the fans in this site, because there are a few people getting pretty uppity about them.

benjirh
06-08-2005, 04:14 PM

Now here is my question to you and to the Wallaces. Will you hand us the belts if we win. That could be a part of the wager that the mayors make. Not that the spurs want them, but more that the pistons would have to hand them over, representing their defeat.

SpursChampsIII
06-10-2005, 02:26 PM
I believe that what you people are doing is called "HATING".
Dont be hating on the Pistons because they came up with some original stuff.
If David Robinson would have bought the Spurs belts when they won I wonder if your views would be different.

:fro FEAR THE FRO IN SAN ANTONIO! :fro

They did not come up with the idea of title belts. Boxing and pro wrestling did it first and you know it. I think the phrase for taking someone else's idea is called gravy-training. You keep the belts, we'll take the rings.

SpursChampsIII
06-10-2005, 02:30 PM

The Spurs are hungry and determined as well. The Spurs are a more talented team 1-8. Will talent win out or does will beat skill? I dunno, but it should be a great series.

Last year was not a fluke...Pistons were the best team in the NBA at the right time, they were hot and everything was clicking. Spurs have those things going for them this year.