PDA

View Full Version : Spurs are the jazz of 2000-2003.We will suck till 2020

SinBAD
04-30-2011, 03:03 PM
Spurs will be good but never good enough.It takes 10 years to rebuild a team and i'm not looking forward to it

TDMVPDPOY
04-30-2011, 03:05 PM
can you take a back seat and log off ur computer

stop creating useless threads man

SinBAD
04-30-2011, 03:06 PM
can you take a back seat and log off ur computer

stop creating useless threads man

its true.look at bulls post jordan, celtics post bird, orlando post shaq.its gonna be a while.stop being in denial

TimDunkem
04-30-2011, 03:41 PM
its true.look at bulls post jordan, celtics post bird, orlando post shaq.its gonna be a while.stop being in denial
Normally that happens when a team loses their all-time great player. Nobody is in denial. It's common knowledge.

rick1991
04-30-2011, 05:06 PM
If Dwight Howard does not accept the Magic's contract extension should we take him for one year then he can leave if he wants but we can at least try to win one last championship?

Magic get:
-Richard Jefferson
-George Hill
-Dejuan Blair
-Tiago Splitter

Spurs get:
-Dwight Howard

Works on ESPN trade machine

NRHector
04-30-2011, 06:13 PM
If Dwight Howard does not accept the Magic's contract extension should we take him for one year then he can leave if he wants but we can at least try to win one last championship?

Magic get:
-Richard Jefferson
-George Hill
-Dejuan Blair
-Tiago Splitter

Spurs get:
-Dwight Howard

First Howard will never come here, he wants to go to LA he already said it.
Second if he does comes here Pop will turn him in to a soft player like he usually does to everybody that comes to the Spurs

Chomag
04-30-2011, 06:15 PM
IT would be allot faster recovery time if Spurs starting making their moves now while they have pieces to move.

Axe Murderer
04-30-2011, 06:41 PM

Magic get:
-Richard Jefferson
-George Hill
-Dejuan Blair
-Tiago Splitter

Spurs get:
-Dwight Howard

why the fuck would the Magic do that trade?

rick1991
04-30-2011, 07:35 PM
why the fuck would the Magic do that trade?

Because if Dwight doesnt sign the extension he will leave. Kind of like the carmelo anthony situation. It may be a one year rental, but hey worth the shot right?

ChuckD
04-30-2011, 09:02 PM
Fail. The Jizz made the WCFs in 2007.

Darrin
04-30-2011, 09:13 PM
Fail. The Jizz made the WCFs in 2007.

10 years after their last Finals appearance. You, me, and Deron Williams could score 125 against that Warriors defense. 2020, 2017--whatever.

james evans
04-30-2011, 10:01 PM
IT would be allot faster recovery time if Spurs starting making their moves now while they have pieces to move.

knowing the organization, they will sign joe smith for 4 million to replace mcdeyss and trade for michael redd.

4>0rings
04-30-2011, 10:02 PM
I called the Spurs the Jazz a year ago.

100%duncan
05-01-2011, 12:02 AM
Who are you btw? Why do you make stupid threads?

timtonymanu
05-01-2011, 12:03 AM
I don't care. I'll still be a Spurs fan no matter what

TDMVPDPOY
05-01-2011, 12:15 AM
2011-2020 you expecting spurs 9 years of suckness?

we be playoff bound 5-8spots...nothing special just probably first or 2nd round exits

davethedope
05-01-2011, 12:19 AM
He makes a good point though. It's impossible to replace hall of famers. It happens to every team. Hell, the Celtics didn't win a championship for 20 years-
the fucking Boston Celtics! In Stern's NBA a place like SA could never win
again and he wouldn't bat an eye.

TDMVPDPOY
05-01-2011, 12:27 AM
He makes a good point though. It's impossible to replace hall of famers. It happens to every team. Hell, the Celtics didn't win a championship for 20 years-
the fucking Boston Celtics! In Stern's NBA a place like SA could never win
again and he wouldn't bat an eye.

its fkn simple, if we cant attract those type of players to come here, might as well head over to europe and scout...i think a top tier national team squad can compete with the likes of a nba team....

remember theres 28 teams, at least half of them are shit....as long we in the middle of the pack and contend for a low seed, anything is possible

davethedope
05-01-2011, 12:36 AM
its fkn simple, if we cant attract those type of players to come here, might as well head over to europe and scout...i think a top tier national team squad can compete with the likes of a nba team....

remember theres 28 teams, at least half of them are shit....as long we in the middle of the pack and contend for a low seed, anything is possible

You make an excellent point about getting European
talent. That is something relatively new, and perhaps had management
of teams like the Celtics and Lakers knew that 20 years ago, they
wouldn't have gone through decades of uncompetitiveness. Bulls seemed
to know having picked up Toni Kukoc as a role player years ago.

Fireball
05-01-2011, 01:33 AM
It is what it is. Tim Duncan was the foundation that led to the championships. Without such a draft pick winning future titles is not possible ... Spurs don't have and hopefully do not want an owner like Mark Cuban who throws money around. Also the Spurs in the next years (without a total rebuld) will still be good enough to not get a high draft pick.

I wanna see Tiago Splitter, James Anderson, George Hill and Gary Neal develop with the Spurs the next years ...

peskypesky
05-01-2011, 01:48 AM
all it takes is one really good draft pick to turn a franchise around, so there's no reason it'll take 20 years for the Spurs to return to being a quality team. after Duncan leaves, we become a lottery team for a few years, and if we're lucky, we get a great player in the draft, or a couple of really good ones.

of course, it is a lottery and there are no guarantees that even #1 draft picks will be great, but i think its pessimistic to assume the Spurs will suck for 20, or even 10 years.

DirkDoesWork
05-01-2011, 01:52 AM
all it takes is one really good draft pick to turn a franchise around, so there's no reason it'll take 20 years for the Spurs to return to being a quality team. after Duncan leaves, we become a lottery team for a few years, and if we're lucky, we get a great player in the draft, or a couple of really good ones.

of course, it is a lottery and there are no guarantees that even #1 draft picks will be great, but i think its pessimistic to assume the Spurs will suck for 20, or even 10 years.

Yeah, until they leave for a bigger city, and you're right back at the beginning. Sorry, but there's not a lot of Tim Duncan's and Kevin Durant's out there.

peskypesky
05-01-2011, 02:01 AM
Yeah, until they leave for a bigger city, and you're right back at the beginning. Sorry, but there's not a lot of Tim Duncan's and Kevin Durant's out there.

you don't need a lot. you just need one.

Vic Petro
05-01-2011, 02:47 AM
Replay 1996 and tank it for the #1 Anthony Davis. Pop can even fire himself after 18 games when the whole team is hurt.

SinBAD
05-01-2011, 03:13 AM
Who are you btw? Why do you make stupid threads?
I am the biggest tim duncan fan.I'm a student here at UTHSCSA and the only reason i even applied to SA was because i loved Tim Duncan.This is not a stupid thread.Over the past 20 years name players that were the foundation of a dynasty? Duncan, Shaq and Kobe.Thats it.There is a lot of talent but even lebron couldnt be a leader.he had to join Wade.These players dont come around very often.SA got very lucky with Duncan.His personality, skill and commitment everything about him was phenomenal. It'll be a long time till we get someone even close to duncan especially in SA. we need a new owner who will spend Holt is too cheap and the team wont survive.

TD21-FTW
05-01-2011, 04:37 AM
Lakers post Shaq.

NickiRasgo
05-01-2011, 09:43 AM
I don't also care, I still love our team, Spurs became part of my life, small-market team but a great organization with classy fans. :toast I'm still going to support this team no matter what happens. :flag: Damn! I remember those days where we're dominating, memories. :depressed