PDA

View Full Version : Western Conference Semis predictions

SpursDynasty
04-30-2011, 03:06 PM
1. Thunder vs. Grizzlies - There will be a lot of great players to watch in this series. Kevin Durant, the NBA's best player today at a mere 22 years old has simply been a scoring machine all year and will continue to be against a weak Grizzlies defense. Durant was robbed last year in the series vs. the Lakers by Stern and the officials, but not even Stern and the refs will be able to stop OKC this year as they win the NBA championship. Then there's Russell Westbrook. Another talented young player who will be the Scottie Pippen of OKC. Also robbed of the championship last year was Kendrick Perkins, who had to sit out for Game 7. If Perkins plays, he gets another ring. Boston lost all hope of another championship by trading Perkins, but Perkins will get his championship this year. I expect a lot out of OKC this series, they are the heavy favorites to win. This will be a warmup series before they face Dallas in the WCF's. As for Memphis, their best player has been sitting on the bench in a suit, so Memphis does not really have any standout players to watch in this series. OKC is talented, hard-working, and humble, a younger version of the Spurs so I'll be happy to see them take the torch in the Western Conference once the Spurs big three era is over.

2. Lakers vs. Mavericks - I never thought I'd be saying this, but Dallas is the better team in this series. Dirk's jumpshooting will not win a championship against a strong defensive team, but these Lakers are anything but a strong defensive team, so jumpshooting will be enough to get Dallas by this Lakers team on the decline. They've got two 7-footers in Chandler and Haywood, so the so-called size advantage that the Lakers have against everyone with Gasol and Bynum won't be a factor here. Gasol is averaging only 13.5 points on 42% shooting, and we all know Kobe isn't the "old Kobe" anymore. He's just old and declining. Mavericks will win in six, it will go to seven if Stern blows too many tick tack foul whistles against the Mavs.

JamStone
04-30-2011, 03:10 PM
I think it might be time to retire your schtick or account or both.

namlook
04-30-2011, 03:19 PM
these Lakers are anything but a strong defensive team

Lakers are top 5 in defensive FG%.

ChrisRichards
04-30-2011, 04:14 PM
That's a horrible prediction. Lakers are winning this series no doubt. OKC vs LA is where the music stops for Laker fans.

Killakobe81
04-30-2011, 04:51 PM
LOL OKc only western team left with a legit shot at beating us ... but they will not either ...

ChrisRichards
04-30-2011, 04:52 PM
LOL OKc only western team left with a legit shot at beating us ... but they will not either ...
Bet on it?

Killakobe81
04-30-2011, 04:59 PM
Bet on it?

I dont bet with random people on the internet but if I am right you can ban yourself if you choose or come in here like a man and just say that I was right ...I will be here to freely admit I was wrong but like chuck, I doubt it ...

You just worry about your team, the celts wont go meekly.

I am focused on the Mavs and although I expect OKC to beat the Grizz in 5 the thunder are not promised the WCF ...

Isitjustme?
04-30-2011, 05:05 PM
What a retarded op.

ChrisRichards
04-30-2011, 05:18 PM
I dont bet with random people on the internet but if I am right you can ban yourself if you choose or come in here like a man and just say that I was right ...I will be here to freely admit I was wrong but like chuck, I doubt it ...

You just worry about your team, the celts wont go meekly.

I am focused on the Mavs and although I expect OKC to beat the Grizz in 5 the thunder are not promised the WCF ...
Nobody said anything about banning but ok, if OKC wins you ban yourself, LA wins, I'm gone. sounds fair tbh.

I'm not worried about the Celtics . they're hinging their hopes on Shaq :lol

#41 Shoot Em Up
04-30-2011, 05:20 PM
lol spurs