PDA

View Full Version : Laker Fans Deserve An Apology

LkrFan
04-30-2011, 05:35 PM
SAN ANTONIO -- San Antonio Spurs coach Gregg Popovich still believes the Grizzlies changed the landscape of the Western Conference for the foreseeable future.

Once a major critic of the February 2008 decision to trade Pau Gasol to the Los Angeles Lakers, Popovich now concedes Memphis also made out good in the deal.

"They gave up a great player but it helped them extend the franchise's success into the future," Popovich said. "It's shown that they've done a good job. Whatever they were thinking a couple of iterations ahead at the time has paid off for them."

Popovich's immediate reaction to the Gasol deal wasn't as kind.

Popovich, who also serves as the Spurs' president of basketball operations, called the trade that sent Gasol to the Lakers for draft picks and salary-cap flexibility an incomprehensible deal.

The Griz received Kwame Brown, rookie Javaris Crittenton, the rights to Marc Gasol and first-round picks in 2008 and 2010.

"What they did in Memphis is beyond comprehension," Popovich said at the time. "There should be a trade committee that can scratch all trades that make no sense. I just wish I had been on a trade committee that oversees NBA trades. I would have voted no to the L.A. trade."

What Popovich -- or no one -- could forecast is that Marc Gasol would evolve into a top NBA center, and the Griz could eventually use money under the salary-cap to acquire Zach Randolph in a trade.

Randolph is the only Western Conference player averaging at least 20 points and 10 rebounds. He was named a Western Conference All-Star for the first time in his nine-year career Thursday when the coaches voted him in as a reserve.

The Gasol trade was frowned upon nationally and locally in part because the Grizzlies' benefits would be seen over time.

"When you make decisions you try to make them good," Popovich said. "Obviously, the decision they (the Grizzlies) made then has served them well in the future, which is now."

Tip-ins: Popovich wouldn't reveal how he voted for the Western Conference all-star reserves. But he said Randolph was a deserving selection based on the Grizzlies' success. Said Popovich: "He's the biggest change in that franchise. He and Lionel (Hollins). They've changed them into a team that can win every single night no matter who they play." ... Marc Gasol celebrated his 25th birthday Friday. ... Randolph on what he plans to do with his roughly $330,000 bonus for making the All-Star team: "It's going in the bank. I wish it was more."LINK (http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2010/jan/29/popovich-re-thinks-pau-deal/)

A simple "I'm sorry Laker Fans, I was a short-sighted idiot. Lakers didn't rape Memphis." will do. ;)

Ashy Larry
04-30-2011, 05:41 PM
can you imagine if the Lakers found a away to keep baby Gasol????? Damn

djohn2oo8
04-30-2011, 05:42 PM
retardedness and 28 yr old naruto loving asian faggots runs in the lakerfan dna

Jelloisjigglin
04-30-2011, 05:43 PM

The level of asshurt around the league would be off the charts. :lol

LkrFan
04-30-2011, 05:46 PM

Trust me - they tried. Imagine a Pau/Marc PF/C combo. Then Bynum comes back later in the year. And they still would have had LO because Memphis would not have wanted his big KT (remember they were unloading salary and rebuilding). That would have been one hell of a frontline. Easily the best in NBA history. :wow

LkrFan
04-30-2011, 05:48 PM

Off Topic: Houstonians are faggots for closing AstroWorld.

On Topic: Rockets suck and they will NOT get Brian Shaw to coach them.

:toast

LkrFan
04-30-2011, 05:49 PM
The level of asshurt around the league would be off the charts. :lol

Word. :lol

Ashy Larry
04-30-2011, 05:54 PM

with the twelfth pick in the 2011 NBA draft, the Houston Rockets select:

DMC
04-30-2011, 05:57 PM
The Gasol deal wasn't bad for Memphis. That's not the point. The point is that no other team had a shot at it. When two teams do that, it's called collusion. We make you a winner now and we shed our payroll, yet we get someone who isn't Pau and won't ever be.

Had all teams had the shot at Pau, the Grizzlies could have still gotten a quality pick or two and perhaps would be even better today.

Marc Gasol is not the reason for the Grizzlies' success. That would be Randolph. Where Pau was the centerpiece, Marc is not. Marc is better than expected however.

There's no way Memphis saw Marc as a good prospect, certainly not better than Pau.

Also, as Hollins pointed out, the work ethic in Memphis was abysmal. No star was going to save that. There had to be big changes in the front office and coaching staff.

I have a feeling that we will see more colluding in the next few years to combat the build up of power in so few locations.

Nice try though.

djohn2oo8
04-30-2011, 06:05 PM
Off Topic: Houstonians are faggots for closing AstroWorld.

On Topic: Rockets suck and they will NOT get Brian Shaw to coach them.

:toast

Point out to me where I said they would.

with the twelfth pick in the 2011 NBA draft, the Houston Rockets select:

14th pick, get it right Ash :toast

ElNono
04-30-2011, 06:06 PM
The Gasol deal wasn't bad for Memphis. That's not the point. The point is that no other team had a shot at it. When two teams do that, it's called collusion. We make you a winner now and we shed our payroll, yet we get someone who isn't Pau and won't ever be.

Had all teams had the shot at Pau, the Grizzlies could have still gotten a quality pick or two and perhaps would be even better today.

Marc Gasol is not the reason for the Grizzlies' success. That would be Randolph. Where Pau was the centerpiece, Marc is not. Marc is better than expected however.

There's no way Memphis saw Marc as a good prospect, certainly not better than Pau.

Also, as Hollins pointed out, the work ethic in Memphis was abysmal. No star was going to save that. There had to be big changes in the front office and coaching staff.

I have a feeling that we will see more colluding in the next few years to combat the build up of power in so few locations.

Nice try though.

Exactly, thread is a strawman at best, revisionist history 3 seasons later at worst.

LkrFan
04-30-2011, 06:08 PM

Nice try though.

You are still being a short-sighted faggot. The Lakers had draft picks and expiring contracts ready to trade right then and there. No other team was ready at that time. I'm sure they had better talent to give Memphis, but at what price? They were NOT taking on any more salary. Kwame Brown's $9M expiring KT was one of the the biggest in the league. They wanted cap relief and prospects. Considering Memphis drafted Pau, it would not be too big of a stretch to assume that they must have scouted his younger brother too. In other words they could see his potential and made sure that he was part of the deal.

The Lakers didn't want to trade him (hell they scouted and drafted him). But the Lakers had wasted 3 years of Kobe's prime and were in win now mode. Pau helped pacify Kobe (who relented on his trade me rant) and ended up fitting into the triangle offense like a glove. It was a seamless transition.

So again, other teams could have given Memphis more talent. That wasn't the issue because that wasn't primarily what Memphis was looking for. The Lakers had the goods for them and they took it.

And Logo wasn't part of their organization anymore so there was no collusion. :toast

Jloyola
04-30-2011, 06:10 PM

and Memphis wanted Sun Yue instead! :wow

LkrFan
04-30-2011, 06:12 PM
Exactly, thread is a strawman at best, revisionist history 3 seasons later at worst.
Like I said, Memphis scouted and drafted Pau. I'm POSITIVE that they did the same with Marc and insisted that he be part of the deal. Revisionist history is not the word you should be using for mission - vision is more appropriate. Nice :downspin: job though. :lol

djohn2oo8
04-30-2011, 06:16 PM
You are still being a short-sighted faggot. The Lakers had draft picks and expiring contracts ready to trade right then and there. No other team was ready at that time. I'm sure they had better talent to give Memphis, but at what price? They were NOT taking on any more salary. Kwame Brown's $9M expiring KT was one of the the biggest in the league. They wanted cap relief and prospects. Considering Memphis drafted Pau, it would not be too big of a stretch to assume that they must have scouted his younger brother too. In other words they could see his potential and made sure that he was part of the deal.

The Lakers didn't want to trade him (hell they scouted and drafted him). But the Lakers had wasted 3 years of Kobe's prime and were in win now mode. Pau helped pacify Kobe (who relented on his trade me rant) and ended up fitting into the triangle offense like a glove. It was a seamless transition.

So again, other teams could have given Memphis more talent. That wasn't the issue because that wasn't primarily what Memphis was looking for. The Lakers had the goods for them and they took it.

And Logo wasn't part of their organization anymore so there was no collusion. :toast
If the Grizzlies just wanted expiring contracts, why the Lakers?

Many other teams got expiring contracts. So the Grizzlies wants to rebuild? You don't rebuild with expiring contracts and 2 late first round draft picks!!!

The timing made no sense either. Pau was traded 2 weeks before the deadline, Why didn't the Grizzlies wait for a better offer? Oh yeah, . No other teams even knew Pau was on the trading block!

ElNono
04-30-2011, 06:20 PM
Like I said, Memphis scouted and drafted Pau. I'm POSITIVE that they did the same with Marc and insisted that he be part of the deal. Revisionist history is not the word you should be using for mission - vision is more appropriate. Nice :downspin: job though. :lol

Please. You're trying to associate two unrelated things. If you told me this Memphis team is making a run with Kwame Brown and Javaris Critterton, then you would be onto something... Marc is not even top 3 on that team.

That said, as I pointed out in another thread, the Lakeshow future looks quite bright once they call up a few of those guys from the farm team... :lol

ElNono
04-30-2011, 06:22 PM

Many other teams got expiring contracts. So the Grizzlies wants to rebuild? You don't rebuild with expiring contracts and 2 late first round draft picks!!!

The timing made no sense either. Pau was traded 2 weeks before the deadline, Why didn't the Grizzlies wait for a better offer? Oh yeah, . No other teams even knew Pau was on the trading block!

But, but, but Memphis already knew 3 seasons ago Marc was better, ZBo was going to turn things around, Hollins was a good coach, and Gay was going to be injured and forced them to get two guys (Allen, Battier) that would actually turn Memphis into a playoff team! :lol

jag
04-30-2011, 06:27 PM

The Lakers currently have the baby Gasol.

Hey-O!

LkrFan
04-30-2011, 06:31 PM
Because LA was ready to give them exactly what they wanted right then an there. None of this extensive negotiating until the 11th hour of the trade deadline. In the meantime they were losing games and money. Little known fact: MK was after Pau at least a year before he traded for him. So there was some dialogue (GMs talk all the time). The timing just wasn't right. The Lakers knew what Memphis wanted then when the timing was right, they gave it to them and the Lakers got what they wanted. Neal with it. :lol

Many other teams got expiring contracts. So the Grizzlies wants to rebuild? You don't rebuild with expiring contracts and 2 late first round draft picks!!! Like the 26th pick in this year's draft would help the Grizzlies in any way!!!
They were shedding payroll and rebuilding through the draft, trades, and FA. "26th picks" and 2nd round picks are cheaper than lottery picks. When you do your homework, it pays off. Case in point, no one wanted Zach Randolph because of his reputation. And apparently 32 teams didn't want Marc Gasol (including your Rockets) because he was a 2nd round pick. They did their homework and they are sitting pretty. They will rule the SW division for years now. Neal with that too. :lol

Again, MK was after Pau for at least a year and knew what Memphis wanted. Pau had been an unhappy camper for a while. You honestly think that other GMs didn't know that an unhappy camper is ripe to be traded? See Shaq, Melo, D-Will, etc. It doesn't surprise me that Pau was potentially on the trading block. It shouldn't surprise you either.

ElNono
04-30-2011, 06:35 PM
LkrFan :downspin: that shit... :lol

Let it go bro... you guys got a steal and two ships out of it...

Oh, and get on AIM dawg!

djohn2oo8
Because LA was ready to give them exactly what they wanted right then an there. None of this extensive negotiating until the 11th hour of the trade deadline. In the meantime they were losing games and money. Little known fact: MK was after Pau at least a year before he traded for him. So there was some dialogue (GMs talk all the time). The timing just wasn't right. The Lakers knew what Memphis wanted then when the timing was right, they gave it to them and the Lakers got what they wanted. Neal with it. :lol

They were shedding payroll and rebuilding through the draft, trades, and FA. "26th picks" and 2nd round picks are cheaper than lottery picks. When you do your homework, it pays off. Case in point, no one wanted Zach Randolph because of his reputation. And apparently 32 teams didn't want Marc Gasol (including your Rockets) because he was a 2nd round pick. They did their homework and they are sitting pretty. They will rule the SW division for years now. Neal with that too. :lol

Again, MK was after Pau for at least a year and knew what Memphis wanted. Pau had been an unhappy camper for a while. You honestly think that other GMs didn't know that an unhappy camper is ripe to be traded? See Shaq, Melo, D-Will, etc. It doesn't surprise me that Pau was potentially on the trading block. It shouldn't surprise you either.

How often do you see anyone an all star caliber player traded weeks before the deadline? Most teams who aren't in collusion wait until the last second so they can get the most value.

namlook
The Gasol deal wasn't bad for Memphis. That's not the point. The point is that no other team had a shot at it.

No other teams even knew Pau was on the trading block!

Bullshit.

"Heisley and General Manager Chris Wallace said that it was known throughout the league Gasol was available during the 2007-8 season, and that the Lakers were the best and most willing partner."

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/01/sports/basketball/01grizzlies.html?_r=2

They definitely saw him as a good prospect. The Lakers tried to hold on to him and the Grizz insisted he be included. He didn't have to be better than Pau. They got cap space and picks too.

The final tally:
Marc Gasol
Zach Randolph
Darrell Arthur
Hamed Haddadi
Greivis Vasquez
Sam Young

Many other teams got expiring contracts.

Because the Lakers had the biggest expiring contract available.

DMC
04-30-2011, 06:45 PM
Shut the fuck up you rice eating gook. Chicago didn't want to give up Sent and spares for Pau. Eat cock.
http://bighugelabs.com/output/motivator55db7e9ec1a9c2aba1636c5face2b15964001be5. jpg

Nick, the Nazi
04-30-2011, 06:50 PM
Shut the fuck up you rice eating gook.

Now what's wrong with this picture?

Shouldn't I be calling YOU that?

cobbler
04-30-2011, 07:06 PM

It was close. The grizz held out and wouldnt do the deal without him. Some of us back then saw the potential. The stat sheet boys have no clue how to determine that. The trade was good for both team and there is no denying it now. Would any of us not trade Pau right now for Marc and Zach? However, we have our 2 championships so all is good!

Ace
04-30-2011, 07:08 PM
LINK (http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2010/jan/29/popovich-re-thinks-pau-deal/)

A simple "I'm sorry Laker Fans, I was a short-sighted idiot. Lakers didn't rape Memphis." will do. ;)

You should consider ending yourself imho

cobbler
04-30-2011, 07:10 PM

Except that what you are saying is complete bullshit. Pau was on the market for well over a year. Several teams were concidering offers and Chicago was actually in in trade scenariotalk with the Grizz. It's all documented. Now of course several GM's whined and said we never knew. What would you say if you dropped the ball?

Nice try though. :lol

cobbler
04-30-2011, 07:12 PM

History that many people predicted. :toast

cobbler
04-30-2011, 07:16 PM

Well documented... Lakers had the largest expiring of any team.

All teams knew and it's BS to say otherwise. Chicago made an offer weeks before. What a bunch of whining pussies still 3 years later. That you cannot admit it was a good deal for both teams after all the developments is astonishing to me. Haters gotta hate.

ChumpDumper
04-30-2011, 07:17 PM
You really want an apology?

lakerfan is pathetic.

cobbler
04-30-2011, 07:18 PM
How often do you see anyone an all star caliber player traded weeks before the deadline? Most teams who aren't in collusion wait until the last second so they can get the most value.

Weak Sauce!

ElNono
04-30-2011, 07:23 PM
History that many people predicted. :toast

You predicted what exactly??? That ZBo was going to move from the Clippies and turn into a team player? That Rudy Gay was going to be injured and Battier and Allen were going to be available and willing to sign with Memphis?

Don't make me laugh cobbler... :lmao

ElNono
04-30-2011, 07:23 PM
I'm sure Lakerfan predicted that Allen Iverson was going to sign with Memphis, then take a hike... you guys are hilarious... :lol

cobbler
04-30-2011, 07:28 PM
You predicted what exactly??? That ZBo was going to move from the Clippies and turn into a team player? That Rudy Gay was going to be injured and Battier and Allen were going to be available and willing to sign with Memphis?

Don't make me laugh cobbler... :lmao

I went on record back then may times that Marc was going to turn into a quality big man. Alanon did as well if you remember him. Took a lot of crap for it too. Well look whats happened. It was no secret the Grizz were going to use the Kwame expiring to pic up some big name. It happens to be ZBo and its worked out. It wasn't really difficult to see what Memphis was doing if you stop crying long enough about the Lakers good fortune to clear your vision. And eveyone still said BS. Well look at today and how it all came to fruition! :toast

How's that offseason treating ya so far? :lol

namlook
04-30-2011, 07:30 PM
I'm sure Lakerfan predicted that Allen Iverson was going to sign with Memphis, then take a hike... you guys are hilarious... :lol

Actually you are the hilarious one bringing up completely irrelevant bullshit. :blah

Giuseppe
04-30-2011, 07:34 PM

^This fucker deserved last nite, royally.

cobbler
04-30-2011, 07:40 PM

Not even worthy of a thought. Let em stew.

ElNono
04-30-2011, 07:47 PM
Actually you are the hilarious one bringing up completely irrelevant bullshit. :blah

The first relevant thing you post in this thread would be your first, tbh.

I mean, do you read what you post? What do you think Wallace is going to say when asked if they were shopping Gasol? "No, we actually colluded"? :lol

Giuseppe
04-30-2011, 07:53 PM
The first relevant thing you post in this thread would be your first, tbh.

I mean, do you read what you post? What do you think Wallace is going to say when asked if they were shopping Gasol? "No, we actually colluded"? :lol

Bend over. I'll f'in' collude ya.

djohn2oo8
04-30-2011, 07:53 PM
Weak Sauce!

Hot Sauce!

djohn2oo8
04-30-2011, 07:54 PM
Lakerfan seriously thinks they didn't collude, but gets pissed off about the Garnett trade

ElNono
I went on record back then may times that Marc was going to turn into a quality big man. Alanon did as well if you remember him. Took a lot of crap for it too. Well look whats happened. It was no secret the Grizz were going to use the Kwame expiring to pic up some big name. It happens to be ZBo and its worked out. It wasn't really difficult to see what Memphis was doing if you stop crying long enough about the Lakers good fortune to clear your vision. And eveyone still said BS. Well look at today and how it all came to fruition! :toast

How's that offseason treating ya so far? :lol

ZBo was:

a) A bust in the Knicks during that trade, followed to being a bust in the Clippers AFTER the Pau trade. lol big name.

b) Acquired by Memphis in exchange for Quentin Richardson, so the whole going for a big name is retarded seeing ZBo was not a free agent.

If you're going to try to bullshit your way through, might as well do a little research beforehand... :lol

ElNono
Bend over. I'll f'in' collude ya.

No.

ElNono
04-30-2011, 07:56 PM
I'll give LkrFan props though... the :downspin: in this thread by Lakerfan is hilarious... :lol

ElNono
04-30-2011, 08:00 PM
And for those short on memory, this Grizz team with Gay and no Battier or Allen is not a playoff team, period.

This Grizz team turned a corner when Allen beat the shit out of OJ Mayo on the team plane and installed the alpha-dog status there, and it went over the top when Battier came around and ZBo was the exclusive #1 option.

Marc Gasol is a talented guy, but he isn't even a top 3 guy in that team.

Giuseppe
04-30-2011, 08:02 PM
No.

I won't do it dry like Memphis did.

tee, hee.

ElNono
04-30-2011, 08:03 PM
I won't do it dry like Memphis did.

tee, hee.

No means No, and you're not Kobe or Neal :lol

TheMACHINE
04-30-2011, 08:08 PM
I see another gasol for gasol trade soon

Bito Corleone
04-30-2011, 08:12 PM
Why do the fans deserve an apology for something they had absolutely no hand in? The fans didn't get praised when the Lakers got Pau, nor should they get an apology for the deal ending up working for Memphis in the long run.

cobbler
04-30-2011, 08:18 PM
ZBo was:

a) A bust in the Knicks during that trade, followed to being a bust in the Clippers AFTER the Pau trade. lol big name.

b) Acquired by Memphis in exchange for Quentin Richardson, so the whole going for a big name is retarded seeing ZBo was not a free agent.

If you're going to try to bullshit your way through, might as well do a little research beforehand... :lol

If you dont think a 33 mil over two years player with his skillset is a big name regardless of his issues on and off the court at the time then I don't know what to say. They took a chance on him for his skills and he matured in the process. It was all possible because of the trade as well as his extensions. Same with Marc. Everybody scoffed and laughed.

Look who's laughing now!

ElNono
04-30-2011, 08:30 PM
If you dont think a 33 mil over two years player with his skillset is a big name regardless of his issues on and off the court at the time then I don't know what to say. They took a chance on him for his skills and he matured in the process. It was all possible because of the trade as well as his extensions. Same with Marc. Everybody scoffed and laughed.

Look who's laughing now!

You don't get a 'big name' player for Quentin Richardson. :lol
Your spinning is hilarious though.

All props go to ZBo for turning his attitude around, but you understand how silly it sounds you or Memphis had all this figured out when the Gasol trade happened? :lmao

Tell me, did you get shivers when you foresaw in the master plan that they were signing Allen Iverson? :lol

cobbler
04-30-2011, 08:41 PM
You don't get a 'big name' player for Quentin Richardson. :lol
Your spinning is hilarious though.

All props go to ZBo for turning his attitude around, but you understand how silly it sounds you or Memphis had all this figured out when the Gasol trade happened? :lmao

Tell me, did you get shivers when you foresaw in the master plan that they were signing Allen Iverson? :lol

Nobody said that. I said I and the Grizz foresaw Marc being a good player. And I even said they gambled on ZBo and won. They don't have the flexability to take on ZBo's 33 milion contract if they hadn't made the tade. Geeeez. It's not rocket science. Did they know when the Pau trade went down exactly who and when they would get someone? No. Did it give them the room to do so... YES.

They gambled on the Iverson thing too. Didn't work out. Still, with Kwame being waived, they had the flexabilty to do what they in fact DID.

The proof is in the pudding.

ElNono
04-30-2011, 08:48 PM
Nobody said that. I said I and the Grizz foresaw Marc being a good player. And I even said they gambled on ZBo and won. They don't have the flexability to take on ZBo's 33 milion contract if they hadn't made the tade. Geeeez. It's not rocket science. Did they know when the Pau trade went down exactly who and when they would get someone? No. Did it give them the room to do so... YES.

The point being that they would have had the same cap space, and possibly bigger, if they waited for a better deal at the end of the season. ZBo was in New York when the trade happened. He had a tour with the Clippers for a season until he finally landed in Memphis.

They gambled on the Iverson thing too. Didn't work out. Still, with Kwame being waived, they had the flexabilty to do what they in fact DID.

Marc Gasol is not the reason they're in the playoffs. Neither is ZBo and Mayo. If that would be the case, then they would have been a playoff team last season too. The reason they're a playoff team this season is Allen, Battier and Hollins.

To claim a 'trade' that happened 3 seasons before had a hand in that, and that they would still be stuck with Pau at this point is what's incredibly silly.

cobbler
04-30-2011, 08:54 PM
The point being that they would have had the same cap space, and possibly bigger, if they waited for a better deal at the end of the season. ZBo was in New York when the trade happened. He had a tour with the Clippers for a season until he finally landed in Memphis.

Marc Gasol is not the reason they're in the playoffs. Neither is ZBo and Mayo. If that would be the case, then they would have been a playoff team last season too. The reason they're a playoff team this season is Allen, Battier and Hollins.

To claim a 'trade' that happened 3 seasons before had a hand in that, and that they would still be stuck with Pau at this point is what's incredibly silly.

Well, seeing as its all the talk and Pop even commented similarly, I guess there's a lot of silliness out there.

Giuseppe
04-30-2011, 09:02 PM
Terrific conversation though.

BlackSwordsMan
04-30-2011, 09:04 PM
Only laker fan I respect is Kori and not f'n anybody else.

namlook
04-30-2011, 09:05 PM
Why do the fans deserve an apology for something they had absolutely no hand in?

You really want an apology?

LOL. The OP is being facetious.

Darrin
04-30-2011, 09:05 PM
6-figure salary for an All-Star Appearance? And you bitch?

ElNono
04-30-2011, 09:27 PM
When we trade Bonner, Jefferson and Hill for Dwight Howard, I'll apologize... :lol

lefty
04-30-2011, 09:46 PM
Apology accepted

LkrFan
04-30-2011, 10:01 PM
LkrFan :downspin: that shit... :lol

Let it go bro... you guys got a steal and two ships (and counting!) out of it...

Oh, and get on AIM dawg!

FIFY. No thanks necessary. :toast

ElNono
04-30-2011, 10:04 PM
FIFY. No thanks necessary. :toast

Could've been 3 if not for those pesky Celtics... :lol

LkrFan
04-30-2011, 10:06 PM
You should consider ending yourself imho

'sup Ace? You guys gonna beat Boston or what? Don't answer that. We already know... :toast

LkrFan
04-30-2011, 10:08 PM
:cry We can't beat the Grizzlies so I want to pick on LkrFan. :cry

LkrFan
04-30-2011, 10:10 PM

Kill him with the goods then get on AIM dawg!! :lol

LkrFan
04-30-2011, 10:14 PM
Lakerfan seriously thinks they didn't collude, but gets pissed off about the Garnett trade

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_wAxDMfEGhoY/TNXN6QQ0u0I/AAAAAAAAAWI/bw3_EiZUxS8/s1600/Not+Sure+if+serious.jpg

That's a big negative. The Lakers would have sent Bynum and LO as part of a deal for KG. I'm glad Lurch screwed that up. If you were a Laker fan, would you like Kobe and KG, or Kobe and Bynum/Gasol/LO tandem? Even you aren't that dumb. Are you? Don't answer that cowtipper. :lol

LkrFan
04-30-2011, 10:16 PM
I'll give LkrFan props though... the :downspin: in this thread by Lakerfan is hilarious... :lol

Apologize damnit!:downspin:

Ghazi
04-30-2011, 10:17 PM
LkrFan whats your AIM man!

lefty
04-30-2011, 10:19 PM
LkrFan whats your AIM man!

omg soooooo funny

LkrFan
04-30-2011, 10:22 PM
No means No, and you're not Kobe or Neal :lol

:lol

LkrFan
04-30-2011, 10:24 PM
When we trade Bonner, Jefferson and Hill for Dwight Howard, I'll apologize... :lol

:lmao

LkrFan
04-30-2011, 10:26 PM
Could've been 3 if not for those pesky Celtics... :lol

Shit still pisses me off to this day. Even last year's "revenge" doesn't erase that memory. :depressed

Jelloisjigglin
04-30-2011, 10:28 PM
Shit still pisses me off to this day. Even last year's "revenge" doesn't erase that memory. :depressed

Same here. It's the losses that stay with you more. :depressed

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
04-30-2011, 11:07 PM
I've posted much of the following recently, I'll try again. Some of it has been said by others, but bears repeating.

The initial Shaq trade of 2004 changed the power balance of the west. Why was there no discussion of a trade committee then? There was only celebration among the Spurs, Mavs, and Suns. What the Lakers did was suck for 3 years, draft Bynum, then move the last piece; Caron Butler/Kwame Brown/Pau Gasol.

Who else could the Lakers have traded Kwame Brown for? Garnett was on the market but the T-Wolves insisted on getting Odom and Bynum. New Jersey would unload Kidd, but Bynum had to be part of the package. Lakers wouldn't take Shaq back, he went to the Suns. Kwame Brown was going to go, the only question was where.

Myth: Grizzles took the first offer. Wrong, Gasol was on the market for at least a year. I saw a thread at a Lakers boad where a fan predicted the Brown for Kwame trade a full year ahead of it happening when it was clear he was on the block. Both the Bulls and Suns made offers, but were turned down.

One thing that is clear, is the Grizzlies would only take expiring contracts. This refutes the useless comments that say the Grizzlies could have done better trading elsewhere. Yes, they could have. Bulls offered a package with Luol Deng, but his wasn't expiring. I don't know what Gasol made in 2008-09 but that salary saved became profit for Memphis owner. Basketball is a business.

"The Lakers gave nothing up to get Gasol." If Odom were included, that would weaken the Lakers, but again, his contract wasn't expiring. Deals like this happen all the time. What did the Spurs give up to get Richard Jefferson? Yeah, I know he hasn't worked out as planned, but it's the exact same concept.

Now, I mentioned this, but no one has really noticed. Memphis made a deal that meant a total rebuild, and they have to justify it to their fans. Marc Gasol was a prospect at the time, but it was a name their fanbase knew. They give up an older Gasol for a younger one, making it totally acceptable move when spun to the fans. If this isn't clear, imagine this: Suppose Manu Ginobili had a 21 year old brother playing Euroball with incredible potential but another team had his NBA rights. Spurs send Manu to a contender for expirings, but get his little brother in the deal. Trading Ginobili may be a sin nearly as bad as trading Tim Duncan, but I would wager the Spurs' fanbase would accept a deal like that, because a core piece would be in place to build around for years to come. Sending Pau to the Lakers helped them win 2 championships and Memphis hasn't won one yet, but they are now threatening to be contenders. Both teams made the best deal possible period, and end of story.

I guess there is one more thing to add though. If Pau, or no other help come to the Lakers, who wins the last 3 titles?

2008: Celtics beat anyone.
2009: Nuggets or Magic
2010: Suns or Celtics.
2011: To be determined....4-5 contenders not named Lakers.

Those are the teams and fanbases that should complain the most about the Gasol trade.

ElNono
04-30-2011, 11:25 PM
2011: To be determined....4-5 contenders not named Lakers.

But the Spurs were eliminated because of the Pau trade!

/gnlf

LkrFan
05-07-2011, 07:00 PM
*** Bump ***

The 8th seeded Grizzlies are still going...

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7640T2NnfMf2XghXOW0YnQYHUjYkhc 1rQ5145GE-ORAtJWTAH

Killakobe81
05-07-2011, 07:04 PM
The Lakers currently have the baby Gasol.

Hey-O!

Good shit.

Isitjustme?
05-07-2011, 07:05 PM
What are Laker fans talking shit about now?

DMC
05-07-2011, 07:06 PM
The comparison aka revisionist history would be like trading a prime years Shaq for the draft rights for Howard. Right now it would look like a fucking hell of a deal. Back then it wasn't. How many years do you allow to call a trade a good deal?

Spurtacus
05-07-2011, 07:07 PM

Sure its easy to imagine. Lakers would have not made it to three straight championships (since Pau wouldn't be on the team). It would have taken 3 years for baby Gasol to become relevant. By the time he became relevant Kobe would have bitch fucked the entire Lakers organization.

ChumpDumper
05-07-2011, 07:53 PM
What are Laker fans talking shit about now?They have a deep, aching need for spurfan approval.

Giuseppe
05-07-2011, 08:03 PM
They have a deep, aching need for spurfan approval.

& vice versa.

4>0rings
05-07-2011, 08:04 PM
Pau - 2

Mark - 0

Splits
05-07-2011, 09:28 PM
The only apology Laker fans deserve is from their team, who are in the process of being swept by the most choking franchise in NBA history.

Giuseppe
05-07-2011, 09:29 PM
The only apology Laker fans deserve is from their team, who are in the process of being swept by the most choking franchise in NBA history.

You've no room. You got skunked by the Suns.

Splits
05-07-2011, 09:31 PM
You've no room. You got skunked by the Suns.

Actually, I do. Because I think Spurs fan deserves an apology for that. And for 8

ChumpDumper
05-07-2011, 09:32 PM
& vice versa.spurfan approval does not have a deep, aching need for lakerfan.

Giuseppe
05-07-2011, 09:34 PM
spurfan approval does not have a deep, aching need for lakerfan.

That exactly what it has. Thank, you.

ChumpDumper
05-07-2011, 09:35 PM
That exactly what it has. Thank, you.That's exactly what it does not have.

You can't read.

You're welcome.

Giuseppe
05-07-2011, 09:36 PM
That's exactly what it does not have.

You can't read.

You're welcome.

No. That's exactly what it does have.

Thank, you.

ChumpDumper
05-07-2011, 09:38 PM
No. That's exactly what it does have.

Thank, you.Nah. It's stupid of you to anthropomorphize a concept.

You're stupid.

Giuseppe
05-07-2011, 09:40 PM
Nah. It's stupid of you to anthropomorphize a concept.

You're stupid.

Dumper, gettin' his
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQIFAfWqJvgfDTAcXY9DcsLdc7xUdz6z MvfnyKI5-5dTQ2Yi228eyNoOis (http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://randomwithjenn.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/another-balloon-knot.jpg&imgrefurl=http://randomwithjenn.wordpress.com/author/randomwithjenn/page/11/&usg=__waFoOCOm96YaBN-ELkj1b8rsD1w=&h=238&w=300&sz=11&hl=en&start=2&zoom=1&itbs=1&tbnid=RQmIpom2nZLYiM:&tbnh=92&tbnw=116&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dballoon%2Bknot%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG%26b iw%3D763%26bih%3D421%26gbv%3D2%26tbm%3Disch&ei=awLGTfLQB8LpgAfn3JnOBA)

on.

ChumpDumper
05-07-2011, 09:48 PM
That's a stupid thing to say.

Giuseppe
05-07-2011, 09:49 PM
That's a stupid thing to say.

You'd be the one to know.

ChumpDumper
05-07-2011, 09:50 PM
You'd be the one to know.Yes, I know when people say stupid things.

Giuseppe
05-07-2011, 09:55 PM
Yes, I know when people say stupid things.

You must live alone.

ChumpDumper
05-07-2011, 10:01 PM
You must live alone.No, I don't live alone.

Kamala
05-07-2011, 11:32 PM
I apologize for ever respecting the disgraceful cheater Jerry West. The 2 championships that resulted from his collusion have more taint on them than a bicycle seat.