PDA

View Full Version : Marc Gasol

k_nguyen93
04-30-2011, 07:08 PM
How good was Marcus Williams in college that Spurs missed out on Marc Gasol at 48? 15 picks later... Landry and Davis I can understand, since they're relatively undersized. Only reasoning I can come up is that he was overweight and Tiago had already been drafted... Buford probably thought he'd never get in shape in a city called San Antonio :p:. Hopefully CIA Pop and Manu were doing work at the end of the game.

Ice009
04-30-2011, 07:21 PM
How good was Marcus Williams in college that Spurs missed out on Marc Gasol at 48? 15 picks later... Landry and Davis I can understand, since they're relatively undersized. Only reasoning I can come up is that he was overweight and Tiago had already been drafted... Buford probably thought he'd never get in shape in a city called San Antonio :p:. Hopefully CIA Pop and Manu were doing work at the end of the game.

People that want Marc Gasol and Shane Battier, I don't understand you guys. Do you guys understand they just kicked our asses? Why would they want to join the team that they just whipped?

DMC
04-30-2011, 07:29 PM
Shane might because he respects the organization and he's lived in Texas (still does I think). Marc Gasol, hard to say, but if you've ever lived in or around Memphis you might know. I have, it's a dump.

k_nguyen93
04-30-2011, 07:37 PM
Ehh it is San Antonio right? Manu must rave about the community here. Gasol's parents do live in Memphis and he has a younger brother going to school there still (DRAFT HIM ASAP). It has more to do with how Memphis is going to afford to keep him. He can make 2x his qualifying offer easily.

fotan2
04-30-2011, 07:46 PM
so, how many brothers are there in the Gasol family? we might have a shot on the next Gasol.

Obstructed_View
04-30-2011, 07:54 PM
Nobody's ever explained the Williams pick anyway.

DJ Mbenga
04-30-2011, 08:58 PM
the next brother is actually already a 7 footer. anywasy marc was borderline obese. i think thats why people shied away

Russ
04-30-2011, 09:09 PM

If the spurs had drafted Marc Gasol, he'd be on the Austin Toros or back in Europe. :)

baseline bum
04-30-2011, 09:14 PM
If the spurs had drafted Marc Gasol, he'd be on the Austin Toros or back in Europe. :)

Much better than the alternative, lol.

Obstructed_View
04-30-2011, 09:24 PM
the next brother is actually already a 7 footer. anywasy marc was borderline obese. i think thats why people shied away

Marc doesn't spread the floor, and Pop knew it wouldn't be fair to the team...

lefty
04-30-2011, 09:52 PM
Marc is not a pussy like Pau

ploto
04-30-2011, 11:53 PM
Ehh it is San Antonio right? Manu must rave about the community here. Gasol's parents do live in Memphis and he has a younger brother going to school there still.

Marc also went to high school in Memphis for 2 years IIRC.