PDA

View Full Version : Lets all hope for a lockout shortened season!

deibero
04-30-2011, 08:12 PM
I think if a lockout wipes half of next season, like it happened in 99, that will help the spurs a lot, and give us a chance at one more run at a 5th ring...

we played great the beginning of this season, but kinda got injured and tired towards the end and the playoffs like manu said...

if we play a 50 game season, dont you think it will help the spurs a great deal???

Russ
04-30-2011, 08:56 PM
Better yet -- maybe the season will be cancelled completely. :flag:

baseline bum
04-30-2011, 09:09 PM
I think if a lockout wipes half of next season, like it happened in 99, that will help the spurs a lot, and give us a chance at one more run at a 5th ring...

we played great the beginning of this season, but kinda got injured and tired towards the end and the playoffs like manu said...

if we play a 50 game season, dont you think it will help the spurs a great deal???

Back-to-back-to-backs would not be a good thing at all. I really hope the NBAPA and the owners can come to a deal that doesn't wipe out the summer leagues, training camps, and the first 2-3 months of the season.

Bukefal
05-01-2011, 04:57 AM

Is this what it has become?

Mann, the Spurs need WINNER mentality. Not this shit, hoping for a lockout to help them :rollin

Venti Quattro
05-01-2011, 05:07 AM
So the Spurs can earn another *ring? :lmao

baseline bum
05-01-2011, 05:38 AM

LA's gonna have their own asterisk ring this year, tbh.

* Didn't have to play the #1 team in the west.

ploto
05-01-2011, 06:11 AM
Back to backs during the play-offs are killer. It could even be seen this series how playing every other day wore down Duncan.

deibero
06-30-2011, 11:30 PM
I created this thread a couple of months back... Now on ESPN version of 5 on 5 today, they discussed who stands to benefit more from a lockout and 3 out of 5 experts mentioned the spurs and how a short season could favor them...

link for those who didnt like my post then...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=5-on-5-110630

TampaDude
07-01-2011, 12:34 AM
Lockout = #5 for the Spurs

Bring it! :toast

dbestpro
07-01-2011, 07:23 PM
Players keep saying how resolved they are to not bend to the owners, but just like the rest of the country that rides the boat of entitlements, there is no more money left in the cookie jar to continue business as usual.

baseline bum
07-01-2011, 07:45 PM
I created this thread a couple of months back... Now on ESPN version of 5 on 5 today, they discussed who stands to benefit more from a lockout and 3 out of 5 experts mentioned the spurs and how a short season could favor them...

link for those who didnt like my post then...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=5-on-5-110630

I think the Spurs would have a tough time getting a top 4 seed in a season similar to 99. In 99 the Spurs could just ride a young Duncan while Robinson had the burden of being the main scorer lifted off his shoulders. But now? Ginobili and Duncan aren't going to do well in back-to-back-to-backs at all. They're going to be wiped out by the time the playoffs start the way the over the hill Jazz were in 99. a 50-game season starting in February would be really bad news.

Sean Cagney
07-02-2011, 01:40 AM

LA got swept that year, they got swept this year bro :wow:wow Maybe next year they will again!

DMC
07-02-2011, 12:38 PM

No.

If the season started at the playoffs, we would be out in the 1st round again.

ALVAREZ6
07-02-2011, 01:18 PM
bring on the lockout!!!!!

:hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry:

ALVAREZ6
07-02-2011, 01:18 PM
Is this what it has become?

Mann, the Spurs need WINNER mentality. Not this shit, hoping for a lockout to help them :rollin

you're right the spurs need winner mentality and more importantly class! :cry :cry :cry