PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: Kobe Still Limping as Lakers prepare for Mavs.

Isitjustme?
05-01-2011, 05:25 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6457673

Look for more throwback dunks in game 1.

ChrisRichards
05-01-2011, 05:55 AM
This is getting ridiculous :rolleyes This is just an act, there's no way he could be limping in practice and then throw down left handed facials the next day. Kobe's a great player but this is just really pathetic of him.

Capt Bringdown
05-01-2011, 07:53 AM
This is getting ridiculous :rolleyes This is just an act, there's no way he could be limping in practice and then throw down left handed facials the next day. Kobe's a great player but this is just really pathetic of him.

Agreed. No sign of a limp on the court when he wants to score - we're supposed to believe it's his superhuman will in action. Just once I'd like to see this attention whore deal with a real injury.

namlook
05-01-2011, 07:56 AM
"I'm fine," Bryant said..."I finished off Game 4 fine, played Game 5 fine, Game 6 was fine [too]."

That's quite an act. :lmao

Giuseppe
05-01-2011, 09:07 AM
This is getting ridiculous :rolleyes

You know what else is getting ridic? Yep, James without a ring. 7 years and counting, but, what is the saying over there at ESPN Central? Oh, yeah,,,,"James is going to win a ring. He's just too good not to." That's it.

tee, hee.

alchemist
05-01-2011, 09:15 AM
lakerfag just faking the injury he's supposed to fake

Giuseppe
05-01-2011, 09:17 AM
lakerfag just faking the injury he's supposed to fake

Lettin' Memphis do ya that-a-way.

tee, hee.

djohn2oo8
05-01-2011, 10:14 AM
You know what else is getting ridic? Yep, James without a ring. 7 years and counting, but, what is the saying over there at ESPN Central? Oh, yeah,,,,"James is going to win a ring. He's just too good not to." That's it.

tee, hee.

James = Finals appearance without a dominant bigman. Actually without a servicable big man

Kobe = Not so much

DMC
05-01-2011, 10:16 AM

tee, hee.
That's not ridic. That's karma.

Kobe can limp all the way to the bank. He's still in the hunt and we aren't. If acting gets you there, the Spurs need some acting classes.

ElNono
05-01-2011, 10:35 AM
Why is anyone surprised? This is a guy that would pull a cobbler before and after the games just to give the media something to talk about...

djohn2oo8
05-01-2011, 10:37 AM
lol Kobe complains more than Gasol

jag
"I'm fine," Bryant said..."I finished off Game 4 fine, played Game 5 fine, Game 6 was fine [too]."

That's quite an act. :lmao

Then he asked for crutches and refused an MRI.

At this point it's just hilarious.

jag
Why is anyone surprised? This is a guy that would pull a cobbler before and after the games just to give the media something to talk about...

:lol

ChrisRichards
05-01-2011, 10:40 AM
:lol:lol:lol

Juggity
05-01-2011, 10:40 AM
if this is the kind of drama he stirs up when he isn't really injured, just imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth that would occur if he was :lol

ChrisRichards
05-01-2011, 10:41 AM

tee, hee.
Its coming Dear old Culby, it took Jordan 7 years to get his first taste of glory. Its coming...

Jelloisjigglin
05-01-2011, 10:42 AM
:lol at actually believing he's faking injuries even though there's clear video evidence of him rolling his ankle.

I guess that's fake too :lmao

Giuseppe
05-01-2011, 10:43 AM
Kobe can limp all the way to the bank. He's still in the hunt and we aren't. If acting gets you there, the Spurs need some acting classes.

^Here El, drag dj's head out from neath the covers and read it.

ElNono
05-01-2011, 10:45 AM
^Here El, drag dj's head out from neath the covers and read it.

mornin' Culby... :lol

Giuseppe
05-01-2011, 10:45 AM
Its coming Dear old Culby, it took Jordan 7 years to get his first taste of glory. Its coming...

There ain't no Pippen to save James as Pippen saved Jordan.

I'll go naked in Central Phoenix if the Heat ring next month.

jag
05-01-2011, 10:48 AM

You'll do no such thing.

But you will show your face in here for the public flogging that will ensue. You understand?

ElNono
05-01-2011, 10:49 AM
:lol at actually believing he's faking injuries even though there's clear video evidence of him rolling his ankle.

lol refusing an MRI when you didn't need one... :lol

Giuseppe
05-01-2011, 10:49 AM
You'll do no such thing.

But you will show your face in here for the public flogging that will ensue. You understand?

Jaggy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome back.

TheManFromAcme
05-01-2011, 10:52 AM

what? no trenchy with that ensemble?

culby? :D

jag
05-01-2011, 10:56 AM
Jaggy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome back.

I didn't go anywhere, son

djohn2oo8
05-01-2011, 10:56 AM

I think you mean clear evidence of getting embarrassed on a crossover and trying to play it off for a few days

Jelloisjigglin
05-01-2011, 10:57 AM
I think you mean clear evidence of getting embarrassed on a crossover and trying to play it off for a few days

Just more proof he's playing injured. No way that happens if he's 100%

ElNono
05-01-2011, 11:04 AM
Doris in ABC/ESPN will likely announce in about 3 hours that Kobe Bryant arrived at Staples on a custom wheelchair specifically designed for him...

http://news.cnet.com/i/bto/20100221/Kobechair.jpg

"He didn't want to tell us anything, but the NBA's publicist says the ankle is rotting, Bean declined medication, punched the team doctor and screamed he's going to play."

djohn2oo8
05-01-2011, 11:11 AM
Doris in ABC/ESPN will likely announce in about 3 hours that Kobe Bryant arrived at Staples on a custom wheelchair specifically designed for him...

http://news.cnet.com/i/bto/20100221/Kobechair.jpg

"He didn't want to tell us anything, but the NBA's publicist says the ankle is rotting, Bean declined medication, punched the team doctor and screamed he's going to play."

:lmao:lmao:lmao

djohn2oo8
05-01-2011, 11:13 AM
Just more proof he's playing injured. No way that happens if he's 100%

:lmao Its clear you can't see the video through those purple and gold tinted shades, but in the real video he doesn't even roll his ankle. And if he did, he did not roll it bad enough to be that much of a concern for days after.

ElNono
05-01-2011, 11:16 AM
@RicBuchner Word coming from Staples is that Kobe will announce not one, but two new injuries before the Mavs series start. This is exciting, we'll keep you posted.

Ace
05-01-2011, 11:23 AM
@RicBuchner Word coming from Staples is that Kobe will announce not one, but two new injuries before the Mavs series start. This is exciting, we'll keep you posted.

:lmao

mavsfan1000
05-01-2011, 11:27 AM
Kobe is such a drama queen. Fuck him. Go rape some more people in Colorado you bastard.

Giuseppe
05-01-2011, 11:28 AM
I can see Ace in here acting like this. But, El & dj?

Giuseppe
05-01-2011, 11:30 AM
Kobe is such a drama queen. Fuck him. Go rape some more people in Colorado you bastard.

& now 1000. You got no rights. Not after the Heat broke your ass.

You O & Forever thing, you.

ElNono
05-01-2011, 11:31 AM

Just like my team, I just bring the lols... :lol

djohn2oo8
05-01-2011, 11:36 AM

Come ta pappy!

Jelloisjigglin
05-01-2011, 11:38 AM
:lmao Its clear you can't see the video through those purple and gold tinted shades, but in the real video he doesn't even roll his ankle. And if he did, he did not roll it bad enough to be that much of a concern for days after.

You a medical expert or do you just play one online :lmao He's not even saying it's bad, in fact he said he's fine. It is Jackson who is saying his ankle is bad. Not sure
how this is getting spun to "oh look what a drama queen" Just typical Kobe hating tbh

djohn2oo8
05-01-2011, 11:40 AM
You a medical expert or do you just play one online :lmao He's not even saying it's bad, in fact he said he's fine. It is Jackson who is saying his ankle is bad. Not sure
how this is getting spun to "oh look wha a drama queen" Just typical Kobe hating tbh

Oh ok, that explains why Kobe himself walked out on crutches. Or did Phil replace his ankle with Kobe's?

ElNono
05-01-2011, 11:41 AM
Kobe's 'injury' schtick is a lot like Culby.... old & tired... :lol

mavsfan1000
05-01-2011, 12:06 PM
Storyline: Kobe comes back from a career ending injury to score 39 points in a win against the Mavs. What a hero he is.

Jodelo
05-01-2011, 12:26 PM
Nothing new here, just wants to let everyone know that he is a warrior, getting old!

Ace
05-01-2011, 12:33 PM

Cully you turning on me? I just find it funny how Kobe dick suckers are defending this. He's obviously not hurt but acts like it in front of the media and then turns and says he's fine. Playing both sides only to build the excuse in case of failure, while trying to make it seem as he is playing injured. Most great players don't have to try so hard to build their legacy, they just do.

Giuseppe
05-01-2011, 01:12 PM
Cully you turning on me?

Please.

21_Blessings
05-01-2011, 01:17 PM
He's obviously not hurt

More hurt than Jordan was sick during the Flu game.

OH NO MY STUFFY NOSE

Kobe has swelling in his badly sprained ankle. It's a legit injury.

ElNono
05-01-2011, 02:05 PM
:lmao

HarlemHeat37
05-01-2011, 05:32 PM
“Stupid. They’re stupid,” Bryant told Yahoo! Sports. “It’s an injury. They don’t know me very well. They think I’m done. I just hear it. I just hear it. I find it amusing. It’s entertaining

No, it’s just an injury, and that’s what drove me nuts and made this even sweeter was everybody kept talking about, he’s old, he’s old. I was hurt. I drained my knee, and all of a sudden reeling off 30 point games like they’re 10 point games and everybody said how young I looked. I was hurt.

Biggest excuse maker in NBA history..

LkrFan
05-01-2011, 05:34 PM

ElNonobrains with the bads. :lol

windboy226
05-01-2011, 07:02 PM

Hello there kettle. At least Kobe limps and walks around instead of getting off the floor in a wheel chair. You guys have the greatest actor in league history but I guess that means Heat fans would know better than anyone when someone's faking an injury.

LakerHater
05-01-2011, 07:05 PM
Oh gimme a fuckin break, KoME is fine!!

ChrisRichards
05-01-2011, 07:30 PM
Hello there kettle. At least Kobe limps and walks around instead of getting off the floor in a wheel chair. You guys have the greatest actor in league history but I guess that means Heat fans would know better than anyone when someone's faking an injury.
Dude Wade was crying when he dislocated his shoulder. He was in pain. How can that be an act? :lol

namlook
05-01-2011, 07:35 PM
Pierce and Wade were taken off in wheelchairs. LMAO!

Wheelchair > crutches

Pierce goes off in a wheelchair then comes back a few minutes later. Wade hurts his shoulder and needs a wheelchair. Those guys are clearly the ultimate pros at being pussy drama queens. :lol

ChrisRichards
05-01-2011, 07:39 PM
:lmao@ Kobe playing bone on bone, fractured fingers, sprained ankle and then shooting 26 FGA :lol

HarlemHeat37
05-01-2011, 07:41 PM
:lmao@ Kobe playing bone on bone, fractured fingers, sprained ankle and then shooting 26 FGA :lol

:lmao:lmao..

namlook
05-01-2011, 07:41 PM
:lmao Wade needing a wheelchair for a shoulder injury. :lol

Killakobe81
05-01-2011, 07:45 PM
but he's faking!!!!! dramaking ....LOL

cobbler
05-01-2011, 07:56 PM

Maybe you should take off your hater glasses and go back a few weeks to the Dallas game where the side of his foot rolled flush with the floor. Ever have a sprained ankle? Doesn't take much at all to retweak it. It could be a concern for months on end until he gets the proper rest. It it as overblown as the media makes it out? Of course not. Is it a non issue like the haters whine about daily? Nope. Somewhere in between. But the media is going to play it to the hilt and why do they do that? Because Kobe is one of the most polarzing figures in sport and anything they write becomes a hot topic of debate because you haters simply perpetuate it. And we laugh as we garner titles.

Giuseppe
05-01-2011, 07:58 PM
^Cobby, testifying.

windboy226
05-01-2011, 08:33 PM
Dude Wade was crying when he dislocated his shoulder. He was in pain. How can that be an act? :lol

I don't know...how do actors cry when they are acting? How does Wade act like he's shot when no one's around to touch him to draw a call?I'm not a big fan of Kobe but calling out Kobe for being a drama queen over injuries doesn't make much sense when Wade is the biggest cryer/faker of them all.

cobbler
05-01-2011, 08:38 PM
I don't know...how do actors cry when they are acting? How does Wade act like he's shot when no one's around to touch him to draw a call?I'm not a big fan of Kobe but calling out Kobe for being a drama queen over injuries doesn't make much sense when Wade is the biggest cryer/faker of them all.

Logic isnt one of the welchers strong points.

Kyle Orton
05-01-2011, 08:40 PM
Why would Wade want to fake cry? Crying from a fuckin dislocated shoulder did nothing other than make Wade look like a bitch. You'd have to be a moron to think Wade made an effort to cry on national TV.

ChrisRichards
05-01-2011, 08:42 PM

ChrisRichards
05-01-2011, 08:42 PM
Logic isnt one of the welchers strong points.
Actually its one of our strongest points. Case in point, its not logical and not in one's best interest to believe a stranger over the internet.

cobbler
05-01-2011, 08:56 PM
Actually its one of our strongest points. Case in point, its not logical and not in one's best interest to believe a stranger over the internet.

Character is character regardless of medium.

You are who you are. LOL @ trying to use the internet as an excuse for personal shortcomings.

It's OK. I knew you didnt have the hundred after you backed out of the 500. You ran like the pussy you are too when the 4th quarter ass kicking was in full swing. You talk a lot of shit... and back up NONE OF IT.

It's what losers do. Kudos! :toast

Axe Murderer
05-01-2011, 09:10 PM
idk how serious the injury is, but you have to give Kobe credit for staying in the New Orleans game when he rolled it. That was pretty incredible.

It's right there on tape so you can't say he was 'faking' the injury

Ace
05-01-2011, 09:13 PM
What's funny is when Kobe does that he sees five jaws when he looks down at the mirror shine on his rings.

ChrisRichards
05-01-2011, 09:16 PM
Character is character regardless of medium.

You are who you are. LOL @ trying to use the internet as an excuse for personal shortcomings.

It's OK. I knew you didnt have the hundred after you backed out of the 500. You ran like the pussy you are too when the 4th quarter ass kicking was in full swing. You talk a lot of shit... and back up NONE OF IT.

It's what losers do. Kudos! :toast
I donated $100 to a better cause. I gave it to Red Cross in behalf of Spurs Talk. That's character son.

namlook
05-02-2011, 01:30 AM
What's funny is when Kobe does that he sees five jaws when he looks down at the mirror shine on his rings.

Hopefully soon to be :lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt:

cobbler
05-02-2011, 02:16 AM
I donated $100 to a better cause. I gave it to Red Cross in behalf of Spurs Talk. That's character son.

Sure you did. :lol

cobbler
05-02-2011, 02:17 AM
sprained ankle /= broken wheel

Brilliant!!!! Good one. Very impressive on your part! :toast

SanAntonioHeat
05-02-2011, 09:16 AM
Lol Kobe trolling Spurs Talk

Spurtacus
05-02-2011, 08:43 PM
lol ESPN riding Kobe's dick