PDA

View Full Version : Wow Memphis is destroying OKC.

ginobili fan
05-01-2011, 12:56 PM
I fell better now Memphis is a top 3 team.
Zach is tha man

Anonymous Cowherd
05-01-2011, 12:57 PM
it's really refreshing being able to actually enjoy watching them win, after games of feeling like shit as they dominate by beloved team.

100%duncan
05-01-2011, 01:01 PM
memphis got my respect after our loss but I don't see them getting past OKC, just saying

ginobili fan
05-01-2011, 01:07 PM
I think I will support them now i know it wasn't luck and the Spurs were clearly not the best team.
Memphis have all the things the Spurs had once and are dreaming of now.
They have a franchise in Randolph and the Big Twin with Gasol.
Bowen type player in Tony Allen with better offensive skill and warrior mode.
A good PG in Conley, young athletic swingmen in Young, Arthur...
good 6th man in Mayo and all of that without Rudy Gay:wow
Imagine if they could trade him against High Picks or Big man...
Know we understand the Pau gasol trade...
Props to Memphis organisation what a rebuild!:toast

FalleNxWiZarDx
05-01-2011, 01:08 PM
lol lets wait till the 4th before we start sucking there cocks

Leetonidas
05-01-2011, 01:09 PM
They may take this game, but I don't see them beating OKC. They have a legitimate bonafide superstar and Westbrook is a top 10 PG not to mention a great wing defender in Thabo and great interior defenders in Perk, Ibaka, and Mohammed. They'll be fine.

k_nguyen93
05-01-2011, 01:10 PM
http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz26/g0tricebeyotch/asdagasdasdas.jpg

No Paint? Three ball time.

Anonymous Cowherd
05-01-2011, 01:13 PM
I agree OKC should beat them...

but we should have beat them and I know how that turned out.

TE
05-01-2011, 01:14 PM
Still early.

Just the first half.

silverblk mystix
05-01-2011, 01:16 PM
Right now...the OKC players are in shock at how physically they are getting hacked/manhandled/abused.

If the coach makes adjustments and they regroup and begin to punch memphis in the mouth-so to speak....they will come back...

If they lose their composure and begin to let the fouling/physical play get in their heads...then memphis might shock everyone---again.

If the refs continue to allow memphis to hack away whenever anyone drives in...they will take the series.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-01-2011, 01:17 PM
lol lets wait till the 4th before we start sucking there cocks

Bambililos
05-01-2011, 01:19 PM
I don't feel as bad now. I just feel like shit, not complete shit anymore.

Indazone
05-01-2011, 01:19 PM
OKC is not going to get past Memphis. They are too big and physical for them. Great defensive team and Durant being the twig that he is will not be able to get into the lane and score at will with the bigs that Memphis has.

BackHome
05-01-2011, 01:24 PM
You know looking at the last 30 games of the pre season Memp...had the 3rd best record in the NBA and we all know that they lost games on purpose to get us so they are good.

ace3g
05-01-2011, 01:46 PM
One thing I wanted to see, is if the Grizzlies could still win the advantage of the 50/50 balls. And they are proving it wasn't just a fluke against the Spurs, they are still getting a lot of baskets to fall after numerous bounces off the rim, getting to loose balls, offensive rebounds, steals, etc even against a longer team in the OKC Thunder.

The Truth #6
05-01-2011, 01:46 PM
Memphis is the more experienced team with better low post scoring, and they play better defense. Yeah, they'll have a shot to win this series. I was annoyed with them when they beat the Spurs, but Tony Allen's interview gave me some respect for them. I kind of hope they win.

DesignatedT
05-01-2011, 01:50 PM
Wow

spurs1990
05-01-2011, 01:52 PM
I'm still pissed we kicked ass in the regular season to get the 1st seed and had to face the team who half-assed their way to end up 8.

It's just bad luck when you think about it. I believe it to be the evening of what happened in the '97 and '87 lotteries.

DieHardSpursFan1537
05-01-2011, 01:53 PM
I think Memphis can beat Thunder. If they can win at LEAST 1 of 2 in Thunder, and then come back to Memphis, I can gurrante they can win both in Memphis. If the fans go ape like they did against Spurs, Memphis will most likely win both at home.

Also, Thunder is 0-2 at Memphis and 1-3 overall against Memphis in the regular season. Not a huge stat since it's regular season, but it's still something.

peskypesky
05-01-2011, 01:57 PM
the more Memphis kicks Thunder ass, the better i feel about our losing to them.

DesignatedT
05-01-2011, 01:57 PM
Crazy. I've always thought OKC was a little overrated but I didn't see this coming. We played 100x more physical then what OKC is playing like.

DieHardSpursFan1537
05-01-2011, 02:05 PM
This just makes the Spurs loss not look as bad.

Indazone
05-01-2011, 02:26 PM
Memphis is a Finals calibur team. They can beat the Mavs for certain. Even up with the Lakers.

ginobili fan
05-01-2011, 02:30 PM
And all of this with Durant and Westbrook with monster games... It's not like their stars are struglling or something unlike the spurs...

ace3g
05-01-2011, 02:31 PM
another 50/50 for the Grizz, getting that Off rebound from the missed FT

ginobili fan
05-01-2011, 02:35 PM
Durant and Westbrook frustrated, look at their faces like their giving it up already ...
something familiar here...

tlongII
05-01-2011, 02:39 PM
Memphis has a team built for the playoffs. Two low post scorers and they play good, physical defense. They're going to be a tough out.

BobEX
05-01-2011, 02:39 PM
Yeah Memphis has played extremely well this playoffs. They're young, big, unselfish, and relentless on defense and rebounding. They took it to OKC like they took it to the Spurs. Will be interesting to see how game 2 plays out.

TJastal
05-01-2011, 02:40 PM
All kinds of freak shots are falling for the grizz, that ain't gonna continue.

will_spurs
05-01-2011, 02:41 PM
I don't know who said Westbrook was a top 10 PG but in that case he must be #10. Way too easy to shut down (as Denver has showed already), he really played like shit today. Durant could do it all on his own against Denver, but against Memphis this is going to be a different story.

Randolph playing out of his mind, Conley exploding (following in the steps of 08 Rondo with a better jumpshot), Gasol as a vulture taking everything that's coming his way, Battier/Allen adding REAL veteran experience (not Bogans-style experience), and the bench doing their part. This Memphis team is for real.

will_spurs
05-01-2011, 02:42 PM

Yeah, we know how that happened against the Spurs. They are scoring freak shots but they must also be the best offensive rebounding team in the league right now.

yavozerb
05-01-2011, 02:48 PM
Honestly, with some of the mistakes OKC was making I thought I was watching the spurs out there against them...Grizzlies defense is clicking on all cylinders and there inside game is second to none right now.

rasho8
05-01-2011, 02:52 PM
Yeah, we know how that happened against the Spurs. They are scoring freak shots but they must also be the best offensive rebounding team in the league right now.

If all their "freak shots" fall like they have for the past.... 7 games, I don't think you can call them freak shots. Memphis is just fucking good, really fucking good. I think they wanted this bracket. Not just the Spurs but OKC/Denver as well. By the time LA/Dallas are done beting on each other they will have to face Memphis (who after this first game I think will take the series). Memphis will proceed to punch them in the mouth in game 1 lie they did to the Spurs and now OKC with their physical play and aggression. I do not think Dallas will recover, the Lakers may be able to. But I would not bet against Memphis this round or next round. This team is legit.

Juggity
05-01-2011, 02:52 PM
It is an impressive and convincing win for Memphis. I'm on the verge of forgiving this team for taking my spurs out and supporting them for as long as they can go simply because they have been so underrated and are clearly now one of the best teams in the league

Proxy
05-01-2011, 02:54 PM
Time to wake up guys. Memphis is getting past OKC.

If they keep playing like this, they'll win it all. They're definitely capable of beating OKC, DAL, and LA at this level of play, and if the refs allow for this level of physicality.

They don't have any weakness. Two all-star level big men in Gasol and Randolph, two stellar perimeter defenders in Allen and Battier, a reliable PG in Conley and SF with Young, and a great bench with OJ, Arthur, and evidentely Vasquez as we say in G6.

leemajors
05-01-2011, 02:55 PM
http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz26/g0tricebeyotch/asdagasdasdas.jpg

No Paint? Three ball time.

"Bump stuff with me dude, chicks love it when dudes kiss and bump stuff!!" - Raffi

Harry Callahan
05-01-2011, 03:07 PM
SA was right there in that series with an injured and older team. OKC has no excuse.

Memphis is starting to remind me of the old Rockets team that got to the 1981 finals with Moses Malone, Calvin Murphy, Rudy T, Robert Reid, etc.

They (Hou) actually had a really mediocre record (42-40 or some such) and got red hot.

They beat the George Gervin era "Bruise Brothers" Spurs along the way and eventually lost in the finals to Boston.

Houston got hot at the right time just like Memphis did.

I'm still mad that Manu got injured. I still believe the Spurs beat Grizz with a HEALTHY Ginobili. That injury ruined everything and Duncan cannot carry the team anymore. Just bad luck and timing.

BTW, Memphis is an 8th seed in name only. They would have been 6th if they were interested in that.

peacemaker885
05-01-2011, 03:08 PM
Nobody giving Memphis the credit. This is their main weapon.

peskypesky
05-01-2011, 03:08 PM
Yeah Memphis has played extremely well this playoffs. They're young, big, unselfish, and relentless on defense and rebounding. They took it to OKC like they took it to the Spurs. Will be interesting to see how game 2 plays out.

they remind me of the Spurs of Bowen days....

peskypesky
05-01-2011, 03:10 PM
SA was right there in that series with an injured and older team. OKC has no excuse.

Memphis is starting to remind me of the old Rockets team that got to the 1981 finals with Moses Malone, Calvin Murphy, Rudy T, Robert Reid, etc.

They (Hou) actually had a really mediocre record (42-40 or some such) and got red hot.

They beat the George Gervin era "Bruise Brothers" Spurs along the way and eventually lost in the finals to Boston.

Houston got hot at the right time just like Memphis did.

I'm still mad that Manu got injured. I still believe the Spurs beat Grizz with a HEALTHY Ginobili. That injury ruined everything and Duncan cannot carry the team anymore. Just bad luck and timing.

BTW, Memphis is an 8th seed in name only. They would have been 6th if they were interested in that.

maybe Memphis will be like the Pistons of 2004. blue-collar champs.

Obstructed_View
05-01-2011, 03:22 PM
they remind me of the Spurs of Bowen days....

Good point. Tony Allen + Shane Battier is almost = Bowen.

spurtech09
05-01-2011, 03:29 PM
memphis sold there soul to the devil to be this good

spurtech09
05-01-2011, 03:31 PM
thunder will still win the series.....

hitmanyr2k
05-01-2011, 03:33 PM
No shock here. I said a couple of days ago it's gonna be a great series. It's all about matchups and Memphis matches up very well with OKC inside and out.

Proxy
05-01-2011, 03:34 PM
Good point. Tony Allen + Shane Battier is almost = Bowen.

Yeah... not as good as Bruce on their own, but the ability to have two lock down defenders on the perimeter at your disposal is not a luxury I can remember many teams having. Then you have Gasol in the paint.... and a team that makes good defensive rotations... pretty special combo Memphis has there.

Kuestmaster
05-01-2011, 03:36 PM
memphis continues to surprise me game after game. after a week off I thought OKC would destroy them after a very physical series against us. Well, has been the other way.

After what I saw tonight I think we'd have beat OKC easily. Memphis didn't beat us like this in our house

TJastal
05-01-2011, 03:37 PM
thunder will still win the series.....

+1

Thunder are gonna take control of this series, IMO they showed signs they can dominate the paint (Perkins & Ibaka esp, Mohammed too) and all those freak outside shots are not gonna continue to fall for the grizz. If the thunder can match them in the deflection/steal/turnover game (which i think they can) the grizz won't continue to have an advantage there either.

hitmanyr2k
05-01-2011, 03:38 PM
memphis continues to surprise me game after game. after a week off I thought OKC would destroy them after a very physical series against us. Well, has been the other way.

After what I saw tonight I think we'd have beat OKC easily. Memphis didn't beat us like this in our house

They should have :lol In Game 1 the Spurs got every call imaginable just to squeak by and in Game 5 you guys needed a miracle.

Obstructed_View
05-01-2011, 03:41 PM
They should have :lol In Game 1 the Spurs got every call imaginable just to squeak by and in Game 5 you guys needed a miracle.

Lame troll attempt is lame.

jag
05-01-2011, 03:41 PM

Spurs gave Memphis a 7-0 run in the last 2 minutes of the game. If anything, the Spurs gave away game one.

alchemist
05-01-2011, 03:42 PM
+1

Thunder are gonna take control of this series, IMO they showed signs they can dominate the paint (Perkins & Ibaka esp, Mohammed too) and all those freak outside shots are not gonna continue to fall for the grizz. If the thunder can match them in the deflection/steal/turnover game (which i think they can) the grizz won't continue to have an advantage there either.
Winning this game puts tremendous pressure on a young team who has to now win 1 on the road to move on. The media is getting to Westbrook you can see him crack a bit, Memphis accomplished what they wanted. Split the first 2 games.

Kuestmaster
05-01-2011, 03:44 PM

But they didn't.

The Spurs were more mentally prepared than OKC to play physical basketball against Memphis, and we are not a very though team...

If Memphis continues to play like this in D, and OKC doesn't have an answer to defend well Z-Bo... watch out.

hitmanyr2k
05-01-2011, 03:45 PM
Lame troll attempt is lame.

I don't troll. I just tell the truth as an impartial viewer. The Grizzlies handled the Spurs in such a way that SA's wins looked like flukes. And the refs were very much in SA's corner in Game 1. The Grizzlies just overcame it.

TJastal
05-01-2011, 03:46 PM
Spurs gave Memphis a 7-0 run in the last 2 minutes of the game. If anything, the Pop gave away game one by sitting out Manu.

fixed.

Warlord23
05-01-2011, 03:50 PM
The Thunder didn't have their rhythm today, they just need to shoot better </Popovich>

Obstructed_View
05-01-2011, 03:53 PM
I don't troll. I just tell the truth as an impartial viewer. The Grizzlies handled the Spurs in such a way that SA's wins looked like flukes. And the refs were very much in SA's corner in Game 1. The Grizzlies just overcame it.

So Manu missing game one doesn't impact your impartial brain? You should have copped to being a lame troll, because the alternative is that you're stupid.

hitmanyr2k
05-01-2011, 04:00 PM
So Manu missing game one doesn't impact your impartial brain? You should have copped to being a lame troll, because the alternative is that you're stupid.

No, Manu missing one game isn't flying with me. It would be different if this series were actually competitive but honestly it wasn't. With or without Manu the Spurs got man-handled...period. You can throw the hissy fit and name call all you want. I understand you're still shocked and hurting and all but facts are facts. Spurs got handled. The series realistically should have ended in Game 5 but SA got a miracle.

jag
05-01-2011, 04:02 PM
fixed.

You don't like Pop.

We get it.

ginobili fan
05-01-2011, 04:04 PM
No, Manu missing one game isn't flying with me. It would be different if this series were actually competitive but honestly it wasn't. With or without Manu the Spurs got man-handled...period. You can throw the hissy fit and name call all you want. I understand you're still shocked and hurting and all but facts are facts. Spurs got handled. The series realistically should have ended in Game 5 but SA got a miracle.

:nopeI disagree totally
Game 1 with Manu Spurs win
The series goes normally into 7.
Spurs should have take game 7 at home.

hsxvvd
05-01-2011, 04:05 PM
Westbrook is beating the Thunder... Low fg% and high TO, might be better off without him

Ginobilly
05-01-2011, 05:04 PM
:nopeI disagree totally
Game 1 with Manu Spurs win
The series goes normally into 7.
Spurs should have take game 7 at home.

Spurs could of probably won in 7 in Manu plays game one, but our team never had control of the series from a physical standpoint. We got beat up plain and simple!

arial
05-01-2011, 05:07 PM
Spurs gave Memphis a 7-0 run in the last 2 minutes of the game. If anything, the Spurs gave away game one.

The Spurs gave away the series, Game 1 and Game 6 should have been ours oh well. Griz are looking good I'll be routing for them.

DieHardSpursFan1537
05-01-2011, 05:31 PM
13 point win for Memphis. WOW.

boutons_deux
05-01-2011, 06:08 PM
A thorough W, winning RB, TO!!, FG%, AST, STL. Better offense, better defense/hustle, while taking HCA.

itzsoweezee
05-01-2011, 06:22 PM
OKC was way overrated. The Spurs would've definitely beat them head-to-head.

ginobili fan
05-01-2011, 07:34 PM
OKC was way overrated. The Spurs would've definitely beat them head-to-head.

that's what I said before if Spurs win Memphis, they are going into finals.

phxspurfan
05-02-2011, 01:54 AM
that's what I said before if Spurs win Memphis, they are going into finals.

I think if the Spurs had the Lakers' draw (Hornets/Mavs) they would have had a 100% greater chance of making it to the WCF to play the Lakers. But then they would probably be tired and worn down by that point and lose anyway. In a way losing in the first round is a blessing, as they don't have to play so many more games. They get more rest should the FO decide to retool to really contend next year.

will_spurs
05-02-2011, 04:09 AM
By the way guys, do you remember when Battier was not the answer to the Spurs problems because he was old, washed out and couldn't shoot the 3 any longer. Yeah, right.

Obstructed_View
05-02-2011, 05:33 AM

They lost game 1 by three points. If Manu in game one is the only thing that changes the series goes seven games, and the Spurs have it at home. How that isn't competitive to you says more about you than it does about me. You're a sucky troll.

Soul_Patch
05-02-2011, 09:28 AM

I said this in almost every game against the spurs...yet they kept falling, and continue to do so.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-02-2011, 10:05 AM
in retrospect you have to consider the spurs vs memphis series could have gone a different way completely had the spurs won the first game with Manu in it. Anything could have happened.

having watched all games there were a lot of things going in memphis' favor throughout the series, lots of things. most of the time championship teams have things going favorably with them in close calls - you must have a certain degree of luck to win it all. i thought memphis had that and the spurs were lacking

we'll see if memphis continues falling to the right side of fate

ohmwrecker
05-02-2011, 10:11 AM
fixed.

Go back into hiding, fruitcup.

Jimcs50
05-02-2011, 10:21 AM
It will be cool seeing Mark punk his brother Pau, and knock them out of playoffs.

Grizzlies will win it all.

rjv
05-02-2011, 10:28 AM
i't would be cool if memphis did well and made it far, as long as tony allen tears his MCK along the way.