PDA

View Full Version : 07' Warriors or 11' Grizzlies?

j-money24
05-01-2011, 03:25 PM
Who wins?

Bill_Brasky
05-01-2011, 03:26 PM
This thread is gonna get really sad, really fast.

TE
05-01-2011, 03:27 PM
This thread is gonna get really sad, really fast.

ffadicted
05-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Warriors were a gimmicky team, grizz have so much fight in them, they play fantastic tough defense, their offense is crisp, they're solid up front, they out-hussle everyone, and are extremely well coached.

LkrFan
05-01-2011, 03:35 PM
The Grizzlakers tbh. :downspin:

FkLA
05-01-2011, 10:14 PM
did the warriors even win a game in the 2nd round?

this has to be the 11' grizzlies by a mile, no way the spurs choke like the mavs did in 06' to a trash team like the warriors...mavs bent over and spread their cheeks for the warriors in game 6 too atleast the spurs went down swinging like real niggas.

Giuseppe
05-01-2011, 10:15 PM
^You spread out mighty wide for the Grizz, duder. You got no room.

Ghazi
05-01-2011, 10:16 PM

yer next, pappy

tee, hee

FkLA
05-01-2011, 10:19 PM

Grizz will reach the Finals. Z-Bo will not be denied.

Bill_Brasky
05-02-2011, 12:34 AM

Grizz > Lakers

Andrew Bynum
05-02-2011, 01:11 AM

From never winning a playoff game to upsetting a #1 seed with championship experience? Very doubtful imho. They might get a game or two though.

Frenzy
05-02-2011, 01:21 AM
Grizz > Lakers

But kobe. :(

mavsfan1000
05-02-2011, 01:28 AM
Not even close. Grizzlies are way better. They got a low post prescence. They got defense. They are a treat to all teams other than the Lakers of course. But will likely knock off the overrated Thunder as well.

Giuseppe
05-02-2011, 03:52 AM
Grizz > Lakers

Grizz: 4

Spurs: 2

Venti Quattro
05-02-2011, 06:43 AM
Giuseppe laying the smacketh down :lmao

lefty
05-02-2011, 08:33 AM
Grizzlies I think

At least the Giz won the 1st of their 2nd round, unlike the Warriors

stretch
05-02-2011, 09:49 AM
Honestly, the Grizzlies might be the most well balanced team in the NBA. They have strengths in every aspect of the game. About the only weakness they have is that they simply arent as talented as other elite teams, but they are definitely more well balanced than teams like the Lakers, Mavs, Heat, Celtics, or Bulls.

JamStone
05-02-2011, 09:57 AM
Not even close. Grizzlies are way better. They got a low post prescence. They got defense. They are a treat to all teams other than the Lakers of course. But will likely knock off the overrated Thunder as well.

Candy coated or Ritz cracker type of treat?

JamStone
05-02-2011, 10:01 AM
Honestly, the Grizzlies might be the most well balanced team in the NBA. They have strengths in every aspect of the game. About the only weakness they have is that they simply arent as talented as other elite teams, but they are definitely more well balanced than teams like the Lakers, Mavs, Heat, Celtics, or Bulls.

Proving me wrong. I expected them to have a hard time winning even one game in the playoffs. Your point about balance is a good one. The injury to Rudy Gay helped bring that balance offensively. Now there's only one ballhog in Zach. But at least he scores down low and opens up the offense for the perimeter players. Without Gay, the rest of the secondary scorers get relatively equal touches. It's been said a few times already, the Gay injury and battier acquisition were two integral things that have been a big part of their success.

Kyle Orton
05-02-2011, 10:03 AM
did the warriors even win a game in the 2nd round?

this has to be the 11' grizzlies by a mile, no way the spurs choke like the mavs did in 06' to a trash team like the warriors...mavs bent over and spread their cheeks for the warriors in game 6 too atleast the spurs went down swinging like real niggas.

:lmao trying to sugarcoat a 1 seed losing to an 8 seed

stretch
05-02-2011, 10:08 AM
Proving me wrong. I expected them to have a hard time winning even one game in the playoffs. Your point about balance is a good one. The injury to Rudy Gay helped bring that balance offensively. Now there's only one ballhog in Zach. But at least he scores down low and opens up the offense for the perimeter players. Without Gay, the rest of the secondary scorers get relatively equal touches. It's been said a few times already, the Gay injury and battier acquisition were two integral things that have been a big part of their success.

They definitely proved me wrong too. I thought losing Gay would really hurt, but it actually was perhaps the best thing that happened to them. Now they have an offensive game based on interior scoring, working their way out for open jumpers and 3s. They have guys who are really athletic and can push the ball effectively in Conley, Allen, and Young. Then having a duo of very solid and versatile defenders in Battier and Allen, along with interior presences and rebounders in Gasol and Z-Bo, makes them very tough to gameplan for.

I think their ultimate downfall will simply be the lack of talent, because I still am not certain they have a go-to guy that can command controll when they have to face a more elite defense in the closing minutes of a playoff game. It SHOULD be OJ Mayo, as he is without a doubt their most talented player, and has the perfect skillsets of a go-to guy in late game situations, but he is also without a doubt their least intelligent player, and takes way too many bad shots and screws up the flow of the offense. He was the biggest reason the Grizzlies lost game 2 against the Spurs.

lefty
05-02-2011, 10:52 AM
8 > 1

tbh

FkLA
05-02-2011, 11:20 AM

From never winning a playoff game to upsetting a #1 seed with championship experience? Very doubtful imho. They might get a game or two though.

tbf i dont think theres a single person that expected z-bo to turn into god, noone who wasnt trolling called that series in favor of the grizz

whens the next aim session with all ur scros tbh ??

IronMexican
05-02-2011, 11:25 AM
Warriors did win a game, though. And they almost won game 2 at Utah but Derek Fisher's heroics(:cry) helped the Jazz pull away in OT. That's off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure it was game 2. And they did win game 3.

Isitjustme?
05-02-2011, 11:40 AM
They definitely proved me wrong too. I thought losing Gay would really hurt, but it actually was perhaps the best thing that happened to them. Now they have an offensive game based on interior scoring, working their way out for open jumpers and 3s. They have guys who are really athletic and can push the ball effectively in Conley, Allen, and Young. Then having a duo of very solid and versatile defenders in Battier and Allen, along with interior presences and rebounders in Gasol and Z-Bo, makes them very tough to gameplan for.

Yeah, I wonder how good they will be next year when Gay comes back. He will be dicking around on the perimeter going 1 on 1 taking shots away from Randolph. He is a good 3 point shooter though so he would be able to play off of the bigs if he accepted them as the first option. Nice problem to have.

I think their ultimate downfall will simply be the lack of talent, because I still am not certain they have a go-to guy that can command controll when they have to face a more elite defense in the closing minutes of a playoff game.
Zach Randolph is that guy right now. I mean as we speak.

It SHOULD be OJ Mayo, as he is without a doubt their most talented player, and has the perfect skillsets of a go-to guy in late game situations, but he is also without a doubt their least intelligent player, and takes way too many bad shots and screws up the flow of the offense. He was the biggest reason the Grizzlies lost game 2 against the Spurs.

Mayo's talent is overrated. He's good and he can jump and he can shoot but he doesn't have the quickness to drive by guys and/or get separation for his shot as easily as an elite perimeter scorer need to.

Venti Quattro
05-02-2011, 11:40 AM
Warriors did win a game, though. And they almost won game 2 at Utah but Derek Fisher's heroics(:cry) helped the Jazz pull away in OT. That's off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure it was game 2. And they did win game 3.

This happened in that series

aV8teDrJswY

Budkin
05-02-2011, 11:41 AM
Grizz by light years.

stretch
05-02-2011, 01:47 PM
Mayo's talent is overrated. He's good and he can jump and he can shoot but he doesn't have the quickness to drive by guys and/or get separation for his shot as easily as an elite perimeter scorer need to.

He isn't on the level of guys like Kobe, Wade, or Bron, but hes good and skilled enough to be a guy that they can look to for creating offense when elite defenses clamp down. Mentally, nowhere to be found. Even Jason Terry might be less of a mental midget in the clutch than OJ Mayo, which is pretty bad.

Morg1411
05-02-2011, 01:57 PM
Grizz: 4

Spurs: 2

:toast

They done whooped us good. I have nothing but respect for Z-Bo and the wrecking crew.

Leetonidas
05-02-2011, 02:02 PM
The Grizz really proved a lot of doubters wrong. Most of us saw them as an up and coming team that was still a couple pieces and a star away but they really play together like a cohesive unit.

The 2007 Warriors won because of their ability to go small and check Dirk with tall, athletic players while his teammates shit the bed, aside from Howard who averaged like 20ppg in that series. Still though, they were all over Dirk and they had the personnel to stick with him. I see the Warriors as just being an awful matchup. They certainly were not a better team nor did they have more individual talent, they just exploited their matchup perfectly.

But as others said, the 2007 Warriors got slammed by the fucking Utah Jazz. So this is the 2011 Grizzlies no doubt.

stretch
05-02-2011, 02:07 PM
The Grizz really proved a lot of doubters wrong. Most of us saw them as an up and coming team that was still a couple pieces and a star away but they really play together like a cohesive unit.

The 2007 Warriors won because of their ability to go small and check Dirk with tall, athletic players while his teammates shit the bed, aside from Howard who averaged like 20ppg in that series. Still though, they were all over Dirk and they had the personnel to stick with him. I see the Warriors as just being an awful matchup. They certainly were not a better team nor did they have more individual talent, they just exploited their matchup perfectly.

But as others said, the 2007 Warriors got slammed by the fucking Utah Jazz. So this is the 2011 Grizzlies no doubt.

Pretty much hit the nail on the head with this post.

:toast to you, emo beaner

Leetonidas
05-02-2011, 02:29 PM
Pretty much hit the nail on the head with this post.

:toast to you, emo beaner

Thanks stretch. :toast

faggot :lol

DMC
05-02-2011, 02:30 PM
Memphis is not relying heavily on it's outside shot. They were saved from the Spurs by a couple, but they bang well inside and that's not the mark of a fluke.

crc21209
05-02-2011, 03:59 PM
The Grizzlies are a waaaay better team than the 07' jump-shooting/jacking up 3's Warriors....

daspurs
05-02-2011, 04:08 PM
lol mavs

Red Hawk #21
05-02-2011, 04:35 PM
Grizzlies would WRECK the Warriors shit tbh. Can you imagine how much Z-Bo and Marc would dominate down low?! These were the same Warriors that were playing AL FUCKING HARRINGTON at Center :wow! Warriors would have got absolutely wrecked in the paint, and then you'd have Tony Allen and Battier locking up the likes of Davis, Jackson and Richardson. Shit would get ugly pretty quickly for the Warriors. The Mavs should have destroyed the Warriors but Avery Johnson really had no strategy to exploit their weaknesses. Which is why the team who actually had a good coach and strategy (Utah Jazz with Jerry Sloan) easily beat the Warriors in a mere 5 games.

Chomag
05-02-2011, 05:12 PM
This happened in that series

aV8teDrJswY
Damn, I still can't believe after this this guy lost interest in playing like this. SO sad to see what has happened to him since.

Greg Oden
05-02-2011, 05:16 PM
insane crowd

Isitjustme?
05-02-2011, 05:19 PM
insane crowd

GSW have such a good fan base.