PDA

View Full Version : Has an NBA player ever played with a small ankle sprain?

Fabbs
05-01-2011, 05:21 PM
Already impacted with a bruised neck/vulva sustained against the Hornets, Kobes Bryant is now said to be playing thru a mild ankle sprain.

Warrior. Gutsy. That "don't give a damn" attitude is said to be shown by Kobe on and off the court. "I was in a West Hollyood burqua and mascara shop just before closing time when the shop proprieter told Kobes he would have to come back to pick up a matching burqua and sashay" said L.A. resident Brucee Monay. "I'll be back" said Kobes. "Ain't nothing going to keep me out of the burqua party."

Has the NBA ever had as gutsy a player?

cobbler
05-01-2011, 05:24 PM
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq115/cobblerphoto/YouGay.jpg

GoodOdor
05-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Tbh duncan was pretty gutsy showing to the post game news conference after what gasol/zbo did to him.

Ghazi
05-01-2011, 05:25 PM
Tbh duncan was pretty gutsy showing to the post game news conference after what gasol/zbo did to him.

crucify em / tree of woe

Giuseppe

I never saw a more tired bag of shit.

Ashy Larry
lol ......

LkrFan
05-01-2011, 05:26 PM
Look at SpurFag trying to remain relevant. Go back upstairs with that BS. :lol

LkrFan
05-01-2011, 05:26 PM
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq115/cobblerphoto/YouGay.jpg

:lmao

SomeCallMeTim
05-01-2011, 05:28 PM
Good thing it wasn't a mild elbow sprain. Everyone knows you just can't play through those kinds of injuries.

HarlemHeat37
05-01-2011, 05:32 PM
“Stupid. They’re stupid,” Bryant told Yahoo! Sports. “It’s an injury. They don’t know me very well. They think I’m done. I just hear it. I just hear it. I find it amusing. It’s entertaining

No, it’s just an injury, and that’s what drove me nuts and made this even sweeter was everybody kept talking about, he’s old, he’s old. I was hurt. I drained my knee, and all of a sudden reeling off 30 point games like they’re 10 point games and everybody said how young I looked. I was hurt.

Biggest excuse maker in NBA history..

Giuseppe
05-01-2011, 05:36 PM

No excuses necessa over consecutive Junes, daddy-O.

cobbler
05-01-2011, 05:38 PM
No, it’s just another Laker title, and that’s what drove me nuts and made this even sweeter was I kept talking about, he’s old, he’s old. He's not hurt. Drained knee my ass, and all of a sudden he's reeling off 30 point games like they’re 10 point games and there I was again and the end of the seaon with nothing but Laker spunk all over my face. I was hurt.

cobbler
05-01-2011, 05:39 PM
Kobe: Please EXCUSE my back to back and 5 rings! :toast:lol

HarlemHeat37
05-01-2011, 05:41 PM
That makes it even worse..

The Lakers were in the Finals at that point, when he was interviewed..why did Kobe have to blame injuries for his struggles vs. OKC?..they were already in the Finals, they had already beaten them..giving credit to the other team wouldn't have hurt him at all, at that point..

Fabbs
05-01-2011, 05:41 PM
The Burqua Bunch bein reeled in.....

LkrFan
05-01-2011, 05:42 PM
Did LBJ ever have surgery on his elbow? :wakeup

cobbler
05-01-2011, 05:45 PM
That makes it even worse..

The Lakers were in the Finals at that point, when he was interviewed..why did Kobe have to blame injuries for his struggles vs. OKC?..they were already in the Finals, they had already beaten them..giving credit to the other team wouldn't have hurt him at all, at that point..

You are really reaching now. Kobe is well known for giving respect to opposing teams and players. That you even need to being it up now again... well.

Flintstones32
05-01-2011, 05:47 PM
I know it's a joke thread, but Isiah Thomas. Thats gutsy.

HarlemHeat37
05-01-2011, 05:48 PM
Did LBJ ever have surgery on his elbow? :wakeup

“LIke I said, I make no excuses and I had opportunities to do things that I wanted to do, it just didn’t fall for me,” said James, who went 8-for-21 from the floor in 46 minutes. “I’m not using the elbow as an excuse. It limited me some. You hope to be 100 percent going into any series, but at this point of the season I don’t know if there is anybody on both teams that’s 100 percent.”

DMC
05-01-2011, 05:51 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=230&pictureid=1608

For bravery above and beyond the call of duty....

Flintstones32
05-01-2011, 05:52 PM
JwoBSc4IzMA

cobbler
05-01-2011, 05:52 PM
I’m not using the elbow as an excuse. It limited me some.

CLASSIC! :lol

LkrFan
05-01-2011, 05:55 PM
I’m not using the elbow as an excuse. It limited me some.

CLASSIC! :lol

I know huh? :lol

cobbler
05-01-2011, 06:00 PM
James revealed afterward that the elbow has been troubling him for weeks. He underwent treatment Wednesday and is expected to have further testing done before Saturday's Game 1.

X-rays and an MRI taken on Monday showed no obvious structural damage, but clearly something is wrong with James' elbow, which he has covered recently with a padded, protective sleeve.

"I don't know, honestly, what's going on with it," James said after finishing one assist shy of a triple-double in Game 5. "I've done tests to try and figure this thing out, but it almost feels like you hit your funny bone and it kind of numbs up for a little bit.

"It bothers me more because I don't actually know what it is. We'll figure it out. I've never had a problem with my elbow before."

HarlemHeat37
05-01-2011, 06:01 PM
Lebron followed that up by saying that the injury wouldn't affect his play, tbh..like he repeated in the post-game press conference, after Cleveland was eliminated..

LkrFan
05-01-2011, 06:02 PM
James revealed afterward that the elbow has been troubling him for weeks. He underwent treatment Wednesday and is expected to have further testing done before Saturday's Game 1.

X-rays and an MRI taken on Monday showed no obvious structural damage, but clearly something is wrong with James' elbow, which he has covered recently with a padded, protective sleeve.

"I don't know, honestly, what's going on with it," James said after finishing one assist shy of a triple-double in Game 5. "I've done tests to try and figure this thing out, but it almost feels like you hit your funny bone and it kind of numbs up for a little bit.

"It bothers me more because I don't actually know what it is. We'll figure it out. I've never had a problem with my elbow before."

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_2RTL1smXKAQ/S9-XRMfj5sI/AAAAAAAACBE/2g3xOGbS4b0/s320/ticklemeelbow2b.jpg

DMC
05-01-2011, 06:05 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_2RTL1smXKAQ/S9-XRMfj5sI/AAAAAAAACBE/2g3xOGbS4b0/s320/ticklemeelbow2b.jpg

TDMVPDPOY
05-01-2011, 06:14 PM
KOBE always makin up injuries and playing through them to make it look epic when he wins...

did is always trying to overcome jordan with the injuries and shit

same can be said for that pierce fella making up a fake injury then comes back on the court for epic win....

Giuseppe
05-01-2011, 06:15 PM
KOBE always makin up injuries and playing through them to make it look epic when he wins

It's impossible to get a fresh contrast. You'd have to go back years.

HarlemHeat37
05-01-2011, 06:18 PM
Anyways, Lebron has no relation to this discussion, either way..

He clearly didn't use it as an excuse, which he even said, but even if he did, Lebron doesn't have a good image with the fans and media, in that regard..nobody ever refers to Lebron as "tough", or a "warrior"..

Kobe is constantly referred to, as some kind of "warrior", despite the fact that he's constantly making excuses and acting like a drama queen..:lol tripping near the Hornets bench, and acting like he broke his neck, on the ground for 20 minutes..

Giuseppe
05-01-2011, 06:23 PM
Kobe is constantly referred to, as some kind of "warrior", despite the fact that he's constantly making excuses and acting like a drama queen..:lol tripping near the Hornets bench, and acting like he broke his neck, on the ground for 20 minutes..

Kobe has played all 79 games so far. Duncan missed a shit load with his ankle sprain. Kobe put his on the floor and never missed a game.

HarlemHeat37
05-01-2011, 06:25 PM
aZOORn806hs&feature=related

Giuseppe
05-01-2011, 06:28 PM
aZOORn806hs&feature=related

But, he won the series. You let Memphis do ya dirt.

Ace
05-01-2011, 06:29 PM
Nq6yAI4nTzo

Giuseppe
05-01-2011, 06:30 PM
Nq6yAI4nTzo

You got no room. Your James quit last year as well.

daspurs
05-01-2011, 06:31 PM

I see lebrons dick is so far down your throat , that all you think about :rolleyes

JamStone
05-01-2011, 06:40 PM

Don't really need excuses when you win. More like bullshit talk. But not an excuse.

Losers make excuses. You win it all, you can say whatever the fuck you want, even if it's stupid. Kobe's known to say stupid shit all the time just to hype himself up. He's an ass that way. But don't need to make excuses when you're toting the Larry O around.

JamStone
05-01-2011, 06:45 PM
KOBE always makin up injuries and playing through them to make it look epic when he wins...

did is always trying to overcome jordan with the injuries and shit

same can be said for that pierce fella making up a fake injury then comes back on the court for epic win....

Kobe is an ass. But it's the media's fault more than Kobe's. Kobe plays through injuries and once the media gets wind of this, they make it seem like he's been shot in the heart and got a leg chopped off and played through that.

Particularly with this latest ankle injury, I haven't read many quotes by Kobe using it as an excuse for playing poorly. Just read that he refused to get extensive treatment and x-rays because he knew he could play through it. That's the media exaggerating the severity of it, and the ESPN and TNT announcers closing their eyes for the money shot. Blame them more than Kobe.

namlook
05-01-2011, 07:47 PM
I know it's a joke thread, but Isiah Thomas. Thats gutsy.

He was limping like his ankle was broken then made play after play. Yeah right....another drama queen. :lmao

Fabbs
05-01-2011, 07:49 PM

Doesn't look so Kobe FanBoi friendly when you put the bold where it belongs, aye?

Killakobe81
05-01-2011, 07:54 PM
Kobe is an ass. But it's the media's fault more than Kobe's. Kobe plays through injuries and once the media gets wind of this, they make it seem like he's been shot in the heart and got a leg chopped off and played through that.

Particularly with this latest ankle injury, I haven't read many quotes by Kobe using it as an excuse for playing poorly. Just read that he refused to get extensive treatment and x-rays because he knew he could play through it. That's the media exaggerating the severity of it, and the ESPN and TNT announcers closing their eyes for the money shot. Blame them more than Kobe.

Why are you reasoning with a "re-tard"? ...

cobbler
05-01-2011, 08:00 PM
Doesn't look so Kobe FanBoi friendly when you put the bold where it belongs, aye?

Except for the fact that he never did anything after to clear up the "fabricated" injury. What was wrong was he was going to lose and poof...an injury.

And I'm a Laker Homer. Kobe just happens to be on the team and I'll support him like any other Laker.

ChrisRichards
05-01-2011, 08:12 PM

Kobe can simply say he's fine. Really, is it necessary to say this?

“I’ll just do what I always do: don’t sleep, get treatment around the clock and I should be fine,” Bryant said.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/13/kobe-bryant-injures-ankle-may-not-play-monday-vs-magic/

or this?

"Because I have very little cartilage under my right knee cap, it’s almost bone on bone"

cobbler
05-01-2011, 08:25 PM
Kobe can simply say he's fine. Really, is it necessary to say this?

“I’ll just do what I always do: don’t sleep, get treatment around the clock and I should be fine,” Bryant said.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/13/kobe-bryant-injures-ankle-may-not-play-monday-vs-magic/

or this?

"Because I have very little cartilage under my right knee cap, it’s almost bone on bone"

So you have a problem with people speaking truthfully when prompted. I don't at all find that surprising with the character of person you are you welching maggot.

ChrisRichards
05-01-2011, 08:28 PM
You have to be a dumbass to believe the guy doesn't sleep or that he plays bone on bone tbh. But have it your way.

cobbler
05-01-2011, 08:32 PM
You have to be a dumbass to believe the guy doesn't sleep or that he plays bone on bone tbh. But have it your way.

Of course he sleeps you friggin retard. It's a phrase. He does treatment which no doubt INTERRUPTS his sleep. Seriolusly, you just can't be that stupid.

And there are quite a few guys who have played when their cartilage is fading and bone meets bone thus the comment "ALMOST".

Fabbs
05-01-2011, 08:33 PM
:lol
And yet they will swallow it. Oh will they swallow.
The Laker Taliban poster kids are like Taliban kids.
Recruited off the street because of their easy brainwashing vulnerability.

Kyle Orton
Watching Kobe and Lebron fans go back and forth about which one is less of a dishonest and narcissistic scumfuck is always funny.

ElNono
Keep :downspin: that shit cobbler....

The ABSOLUTE MASTER of re-interpreting, explaining and excusing what's clear as a day... :lol

cobbler
05-01-2011, 08:34 PM
And yet they will swallow it. Oh will they swallow.
The Laker Taliban poster kids are like Taliban kids.
Recruited off the street because of their easy brainwashing vulnerability.

1. Skunker
2. 6 points and a hail mary from skunker 2 to an 8th seed

Run along...

ChrisRichards
05-01-2011, 08:38 PM
Of course he sleeps you friggin retard. It's a phrase. He does treatment which no doubt INTERRUPTS his sleep. Seriolusly, you just can't be that stupid.

And there are quite a few guys who have played when their cartilage is fading and bone meets bone thus the comment "ALMOST".
Its not a phrase. When Kobe says " I like to cum in their face, its my thing" He means it. Kobe is a literal guy.

ChrisRichards
05-01-2011, 08:39 PM

The ABSOLUTE MASTER of re-interpreting, explaining and excusing what's clear as a day... :lol
El with the goods.

ElNono
05-01-2011, 08:42 PM
"Because when Kobe said that Shaq was paying women hush money what Kobe was really saying is that Shaq is a ladies man that likes to threat women well, and so does Kobe, and they're just quiet because they're with a basketball star. Duh"

/cobbler

cobbler
05-01-2011, 08:45 PM

So you are saying there couldn't possibly be any residual effect or restrain after you roll your ankle 90 degrees weeks before? Come on. You all know it only take a simple twist, stub of toes, or hit to rehurt it to some degree. Now you guys are just being idiots.

ChrisRichards
05-01-2011, 08:45 PM
"Because when Kobe said that Shaq was paying women hush money what Kobe was really saying is that Shaq is a ladies man that likes to threat women well, and so does Kobe, and they're just quiet because they're with a basketball star. Duh"

/cobbler

namlook
05-01-2011, 08:46 PM
Real Drama Queens need wheelchairs:

R_9VotKvqtk

ysT8RA6JQks

cobbler
05-01-2011, 08:48 PM

/cobbler

Nope. Snitching on Shaq was a reprehensible action. Kobe is an arrogant ass. I have no problems saying that. He's a jerk. But he's also one of the greatest players to ever lace em up and I'm glad he's leading our team to title after title.

Nono... making shit up. CLASSIC! :lol

cobbler
05-01-2011, 08:50 PM
Its not a phrase. When Kobe says " I like to cum in their face, its my thing" He means it. Kobe is a literal guy.

Have you met him? Have you talked to him? Do you know him personally?

Case closed.

Fabbs
05-01-2011, 08:51 PM
1. Skunker
2. 6 points and a hail mary from skunker 2 to an 8th seed

Run along...
4 legit leading titles Timmy Dunks.
0 for Kobme.

It's a Skunker.

ElNono
05-01-2011, 08:53 PM
So you are saying there couldn't possibly be any residual effect or restrain after you roll your ankle 90 degrees weeks before? Come on. You all know it only take a simple twist, stub of toes, or hit to rehurt it to some degree. Now you guys are just being idiots.

I have no doubt in my mind that Kobe is a master in advertising his ailments, and it's not entirely his fault. The media loves to feed off this.

I also have no doubt that he gets dinged up here and there. All players do. I also have zero doubt he's human, and should he ever have an actually serious ankle roll or injury, he'll be out for a while, like every other athlete (You might find this part shocking, but it's actually true).

ElNono
05-01-2011, 08:54 PM
Nope. Snitching on Shaq was a reprehensible action. Kobe is an arrogant ass. I have no problems saying that. He's a jerk. But he's also one of the greatest players to ever lace em up and I'm glad he's leading our team to title after title.

Nono... making shit up. CLASSIC! :lol

Just putting an example out there of your re-interpretation skills... I know, not as good as the real thing, but I thought it was pretty funny nonetheless :lol

cobbler
05-01-2011, 09:00 PM
Just putting an example out there of your re-interpretation skills... I know, not as good as the real thing, but I thought it was pretty funny nonetheless :lol

you didnt answer my question.

zAwHVXLo_xA

Is that a real sprain or is he faking it? Cause those acting skills to put the side of your foot flush on the floor are friggen amazing!

Ace
05-01-2011, 09:05 PM
What's funny is when Kobe does that he sees five jaws when he looks down at the mirror shine on his rings.

Dex
05-01-2011, 09:08 PM
This just in: it's being reported that Kobe Bryant suffered a hangnail late Sunday night. X-rays were negative; an MRI is scheduled for Monday morning. Fortunately, they were able to compress the injury with a Dora The Explorer Band-Aid, and the valiant Bryant is expected to muscle through the adversity and play with the injured appendage.

ElNono
05-01-2011, 09:27 PM
Is that a real sprain or is he faking it? Cause those acting skills to put the side of your foot flush on the floor are friggen amazing!

I don't know, is it? Are you a doctor?
Plenty of players play through mild sprains without much of a problem...

Why don't you tell us what Kobe was REALLY feeling when it happened? :lol

ElNono
05-01-2011, 09:29 PM
And tbh, neither of the incidents were him landing on somebody else's foot, which normally do end up being severe sprains... Kobe is a lucky guy...

cobbler
05-01-2011, 09:32 PM
I don't know, is it? Are you a doctor?
Plenty of players play through mild sprains without much of a problem...

Why don't you tell us what Kobe was REALLY feeling when it happened? :lol

I most certainly cannot. Neither can you. Im not the one saying he's lying and faking it though am I? He was asked how it was and he responded and I have no reason to doubt him after seeing the footage.

It's all about the Kobe and Laker hate. We get it. It comes with winning.

SomeCallMeTim
05-01-2011, 09:33 PM
This just in: it's being reported that Kobe Bryant suffered a hangnail late Sunday night. X-rays were negative; an MRI is scheduled for Monday morning. Fortunately, they were able to compress the injury with a Dora The Explorer Band-Aid, and the valiant Bryant is expected to muscle through the adversity and play with the injured appendage.

This joke was much funnier the first five times it appeared upthread, tbh.

ElNono
05-01-2011, 09:38 PM
I most certainly cannot. Neither can you. Im not the one saying he's lying and faking it though am I? He was asked how it was and he responded and I have no reason to doubt him after seeing the footage.

So you want me to tell you it's an ankle sprain, but you don't really know it's an ankle sprain... :lol

Why even go to the video? :lol

It's not that complicated cobbler. He's a drama queen that like to publicize what a fake warrior he is. ESPN can't get enough of it.

Good for him. Nobody is 'upset' or 'losing sleep' over this, except for Kobe cockslobbers like you.

TinTin
05-01-2011, 09:41 PM
what's funny is when kobe does that he sees five jaws when he looks down at the mirror shine on his rings.

Best laker post to date

cobbler
05-01-2011, 09:45 PM
So you want me to tell you it's an ankle sprain, but you don't really know it's an ankle sprain... :lol

Why even go to the video? :lol

It's not that complicated cobbler. He's a drama queen that like to publicize what a fake warrior he is. ESPN can't get enough of it. And the haters perpetuate it. The media loves the Kobe haters.
Good for him. Nobody is 'upset' or 'losing sleep' over this, except for Kobe cockslobbers like you.

Then why are YOU bringing it up all the time? Nobody is losing sleep. Were in the hunt for 17. It's all good. I can tell you this. When a guy rolls his ankle 90 degrees and then says afterward thats its sprained, I have reason to belive him and the medical staff. I'm silly that way. Go figure.

ElNono
05-01-2011, 09:53 PM
Then why are YOU bringing it up all the time? Nobody is losing sleep.

What did I brought up?. Did you see me starting any threads about it? :lol

I'm making fun of the whole situation... you don't have to laugh, although it's pretty hilarious seeing you get all riled up about it.

Were in the hunt for 17. It's all good. I can tell you this. When a guy rolls his ankle 90 degrees and then says afterward thats its sprained, I have reason to belive him and the medical staff. I'm silly that way. Go figure.

I have no reason to doubt the medical staff accepting Kobe not to have an MRI... the most reasonable conclusion is that whatever he has isn't serious enough to warrant one.

lefty
05-01-2011, 09:56 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTefl1b9H5ZZppICLcwMF9gBVrUec6FS wnqvufjUtnb-UM1yER5&t=1

Jt.ONE
05-02-2011, 12:51 AM
great thread so far.

Vertical
05-02-2011, 07:53 AM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTefl1b9H5ZZppICLcwMF9gBVrUec6FS wnqvufjUtnb-UM1yER5&t=1

Hilarious and I can't still get over your Laker avatar and sig:lol:lol

Leetonidas
05-02-2011, 08:27 AM
It's funny that when someone starts a thread about Kobe, immediately Lakerfan has to bring LeBron, Manu, Tim, etc into this to deflect attention from Kobe "I'm Constantly Injured" Bryant. Magic played awhile though HIV bitch, do that and then we'll talk.

Giuseppe
05-02-2011, 08:31 AM
It's funny that when someone starts a thread about Kobe, immediately Lakerfan has to bring LeBron, Manu, Tim, etc into this to deflect attention from Kobe "I'm Constantly Injured" Bryant.

What's good for the goose is sauce for the gander, Lee. Your Manu sat on his ass in Game 1 because he thought it safe to do so against Memphis. Thought he'd get away with it. Pop too...

Uh, uh.

lefty
05-02-2011, 08:32 AM
:lol :tu

Fabbs
05-02-2011, 09:43 AM
agree lefty.
nicely done pic and av which completely captures the Laker Poster spirit. :lol

Lefty's understudy
05-02-2011, 06:32 PM