PDA

View Full Version : Trump Makes it Official?

Nbadan
05-01-2011, 08:23 PM
Kinda....

New York real estate developer Donald Trump says he has decided “in my mind” to run for president, yet won’t make an official announcement before the season finale of his reality television show later this month.

“In my mind, I have already decided,” Trump, 64, said in a telephone interview today. “I am going to announce. But I can’t do anything until the show ends.”

Trump said he will focus on “making our country rich and respected,” by creating jobs, boosting the economy and stopping China and the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries from taking advantage of the U.S.

“The OPEC nations will be acting much differently, and fuel prices will go down and the economy will become strong again,” Trump said. “They may like me or not like me, but nobody will be ripping us off.”

Bloomberg (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-05-01/trump-says-he-s-decided-in-my-mind-to-seek-presidency-after-apprentice-.html)

The current run of The Apprentice pays Donald Trump $3 million per episode. If Trump declares before the show ends the Federal Elections Commission will probably declare each episode of The Apprentice to be a campaign commercial--hence NBC would be required to give the president a one-hour campaign commercial for each episode of Trump's show, and to pay the president $3 million for being in them.....

They obviously do not want to do this, so the second Trump declares, he is no longer a TV Reality Show Star....Whaaaa...

Wild Cobra
05-01-2011, 09:31 PM
Yes, this is well known that if he declares, it won't be till after the show ends.

Your point?

mouse
05-02-2011, 10:15 PM
I would vote for Charlie Sheen if I thought It would help this economy.

Nbadan
05-02-2011, 11:09 PM
Yes, this is well known that if he declares, it won't be till after the show ends.

Your point?

The first real GOP candidate to announce isn't news anymore?

Not that I think Trump has a chance, but as a PR move, it maybe brilliant..

CubanMustGo
05-02-2011, 11:17 PM
Reminds me of that bit in "Good Morning, Vietnam" where Lt. Hauk, after bombing incredibly and being shitcanned, says: "Sir, in my heart... I know I'm funny." Trump and Hauk have a lot in common.

Wild Cobra
05-02-2011, 11:28 PM
The first real GOP candidate to announce isn't news anymore?

Not that I think Trump has a chance, but as a PR move, it maybe brilliant..
Trump is all about PR and his trumped up ego. Like I said before, I think this is just a publicity stunt for him and that he wont put his hat in the ring. If he does though, I will consider voting for him.

Stringer_Bell
05-02-2011, 11:41 PM
Trump is all about PR and his trumped up ego. Like I said before, I think this is just a publicity stunt for him and that he wont put his hat in the ring. If he does though, I will consider voting for him.

HAHA! Wow, that was a close one. Fixed it for you before people jump all over your lack of blue font. Osama is dead, you deserve a break from being shat on. :tu

TDMVPDPOY
05-03-2011, 01:48 AM
trump the idiot is falling for the bait if his seriously thinkn of challenging

go waste ur money on something else....

ChumpDumper
05-03-2011, 04:42 AM
Trump is all about PR and his trumped up ego. Like I said before, I think this is just a publicity stunt for him and that he wont put his hat in the ring. If he does though, I will consider voting for him.How does it feel to realize you aren't as smart as you thought you were?

Did it force you to overcompensate?

symple19
05-16-2011, 12:33 PM
Trump says NO

was there really any doubt?

boutons_deux
05-16-2011, 12:37 PM
Trump's multiple bankruptcies match Noot 's multiple divorces as disqualifications.

Trump knew he couldn't backup his bullshit, esp about how much money he has and why his money qualifies him better to be Pres than Willard's money.

jacobdrj
05-16-2011, 12:37 PM
Reminds me of that bit in "Good Morning, Vietnam" where Lt. Hauk, after bombing incredibly and being shitcanned, says: "Sir, in my heart... I know I'm funny." Trump and Hauk have a lot in common.

Excellent reference...

cheguevara
05-16-2011, 12:50 PM
it's just a business decision. No way in hell he could even compete and he knows it. But he could strike a few business deals on the way to failure

4>0rings
05-16-2011, 01:03 PM
Fuck you trump! Did he do an ultimate troll job on Obama though?

TDMVPDPOY
05-16-2011, 01:07 PM
lol the nominees

why do we always get losers as nominees on the ballot, isnt there worth anyone voting anymore??

coyotes_geek
05-16-2011, 01:16 PM
Trump says NO

No. He was never going to run. He just wanted to get his name in the papers. Mission accomplished.

fraga
05-16-2011, 06:56 PM
I like his quote..."I'm not running for president...but if I did...I would have won"....mahahahahaha...sure thing guy...

Wild Cobra
05-16-2011, 07:05 PM
Trump says NO

Isn't that what I've said all along?

Nbadan
05-16-2011, 09:21 PM
I don't think his birth certificate would have passed the SS vetting...

symple19
05-17-2011, 06:24 AM

Yes, you pretty much nailed it WC. You, and 2/3 of America. Congrats! :toast

Stringer_Bell
05-17-2011, 06:29 AM

Oh noes, who will you vote for now? :lmao

Obama's PWN job trumped Trump's troll job. Dude was on his knees digging for fool's gold while Obama was killing the most wanted man in the world. Trump is all bark, no bite - so there's no comparison.

Oh, Gee!!
05-17-2011, 09:59 AM
dude folded once the press started asking him semi-serious questions.

Dex
05-17-2011, 10:24 AM
Obama's PWN job trumped Trump's troll job. Dude was on his knees digging for fool's gold while Obama was killing the most wanted man in the world.

...while simultaneously roasting the dude at the correspondent's dinner.

Wild Cobra
05-17-2011, 11:38 AM
dude folded once the press started asking him semi-serious questions.
No, he's used to being rich. He would have to let others manage his investments and take a serious pay cut. Besides, be has too much fun with the TV series.

Why are you always so critical of other in a negative way. Isn't there any open-mindedness in you?

I'd sure hate to live in your box.