PDA

View Full Version : ***Unofficial Houston Texans 2011 Season Thread***

Pages : [1] 2

Dr. Gonzo
05-01-2011, 09:00 PM
Nice draft. Let's get this thing back to 8-8. :smokin

Dr. Gonzo
05-01-2011, 09:00 PM
I like the Shiloh Keo pick. The kid is fat and slow for a safety but he has INTANGIBLES!!

Kai
05-02-2011, 02:19 AM
Hell yeah, time to get crackalackin bitches. I am entering this year just like every year with high hopes. Expect the worst, hope for the best, thus is the life of a Texans fan.

shyne
05-02-2011, 07:10 PM
We have to get a veteren corner in FA this year or its gonna be the same shit.

benefactor
05-02-2011, 09:14 PM
We have to get a veteren corner in FA this year or its gonna be the same shit.
Indeed. With Watt and Reed the pass rush should improve, but somethings got to give at CB. Harris could wind up being a nice wingman, but they need a go to guy.

shyne
05-02-2011, 09:30 PM
I hope we can get Joseph, and maybe another wide reciever. I know we arent getting Namdi even though we are one of the four teams listed.

Dr. Gonzo
05-03-2011, 09:09 AM
Indeed. With Watt and Reed the pass rush should improve, but somethings got to give at CB. Harris could wind up being a nice wingman, but they need a go to guy.

Barwin being back should also improve what can very well be a very potent pass rush. I think with an intense pass rush, the secondary will be better by default. QBs won't have 10 -15 seconds to find the open WR like they did last season.

Kai
05-05-2011, 12:45 AM
I have somewhat reasonable expectations that that our defense will get on track, the thing is though it seems like every year when one wheel gets put back on, another one pops off. Last year it was defense, the year before that was special teams and our running game.

Dr. Gonzo
05-05-2011, 09:25 AM
I have somewhat reasonable expectations that that our defense will get on track, the thing is though it seems like every year when one wheel gets put back on, another one pops off. Last year it was defense, the year before that was special teams and our running game.

Back on track? The defense has never been on track to have to get back on track.

Kai
05-05-2011, 12:42 PM
Back on track? The defense has never been on track to have to get back on track.

on track != back on track

benefactor
05-17-2011, 05:16 PM
Watt could be the key to Texans' scheme change (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AtNH0M07cwzDM5JDTkpm_nVDubYF?slug=ys-farrar_jj_watt_houston_texans_inside_end_051411)

Clearly, the Houston Texans had to do something different. After sporting one of the most explosive offenses in the NFL over the past few seasons and having no playoff appearances to show for it, not to mention putting a catastrophically bad secondary on the field in 2010, the Texans brought in Wade Phillips, the ex-Dallas Cowboys head coach who has always had a great knack for turning defenses around.

One of the first things Phillips decided was to switch the Texans’ vanilla 4-3 defense to concepts more to his liking. Phillips’ defenses are often referred to as 3-4, but there’s as much alternating between offset four-man fronts (where linemen will occupy 4-3 gaps in 3-4 looks) and 5-2 fronts in which all five linemen are eligible and possible pass-rushers and run-stoppers. One of the most controversial decisions Phillips made was to take the 6-foot-6, 290-pound end Mario Williams and designate him as an “outside linebacker” in the new scheme. Again, that’s a bit of a misnomer – what Williams would do in a traditional 3-4 and what he’ll do for Phillips will likely be very different, and you could see him with his hand down more than you think.

The Texans’ total commitment to a diverse defensive concept was certainly evident in the first round of the 2011 NFL draft, when the team took Wisconsin defensive lineman J.J. Watt with the 11th overall pick. With Auburn’s Nick Fairley and North Carolina’s Robert Quinn still on the board, Houston went with the 6-5, 290-pound Watt, who projects best as an inside defender in a 3-4 or 5-2 front, with some four-man front versatility thrown in for good measure.

Williams played outside of tackle Amobi Okoye a lot of the time in 2010 – on the left and right sides – and he looked better with his hand down off the edge than he did in those rare instances when the Texans rushed three and he was the “endbacker” off the edge. What Williams will need to help him in this transition is an inside end who can draw double teams with his inside moves, thus freeing the edge for Williams to make his move to the quarterback. From that perspective, it’s easier to understand the selection of Watt, because his best move may be the inside step to gain leverage when he’s playing over the offensive guard or tackle.

Watt provided one of the better examples of his movement early in the second half of the Badgers’ Week 7 win over Ohio State last season. Lining up between the left tackle and tight end, Watt benefitted from the tackle’s reach block to the second level, juked the tight end, and forced the running back to abandon his route to block Watt instead. Watt brings this advantage whether he’s lined up inside or on the edge, which makes him a good hybrid player.

There are still reasons to be concerned about Watt’s NFL potential – at Wisconsin, he tended to get blown out looking for the splash play, and he was disconcertingly easy to block out of a play for a guy his size. But with some additional muscle and discipline, and in the right scheme, Watt could be one of the better inside ends in the league. It’s just a matter of how, where, and with whom he’s used.

Dr. Gonzo
05-18-2011, 10:21 AM
The thing that is going to benefit this defense more than any draft pick is their ability to coach up the defensive players. I think that was the biggest reason none of their defensive draft picks, with the exception of DeMeco and that faggot roid boy Cushing, never panned out. Wade may have been a horrible head coach but the one thing he can do is coach up defensive players. This alone can make this laughably bad defense a slightly below average defense, which is all that is needed to turn this team into a playoff team.

The player that will stand out most in this draft is Shiloh Keo. I think he has the potential to be a top safety in the league.

Spursfan092120
05-18-2011, 06:33 PM
Texans have a lot of potential..could be a great team this year. They need help in the secondary...major help, and they'll be in the playoffs...they are really dangerous.

Kai
05-18-2011, 11:10 PM
The player that will stand out most in this draft is Shiloh Keo. I think he has the potential to be a top safety in the league.

You really think Keo will stand out more than JJ Watt, Brooks Reed, and Brandon Harris? I'd be happy if he even became a serviceable safety that excels in Special Teams play.

Kai
05-23-2011, 07:38 PM
Johnson trying to sell free-agent CB Asomugha on Texans (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81ff79a9/article/texans-wr-johnson-recruits-free-agent-asomugha-to-texans)

After the NFL labor situation is settled, free agency will begin, and cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha will be on many teams' wish list.

Texans wide receiver Andre Johnson has been lobbying Asomugha to join his team, according to John McClain of the Houston Chronicle.

"Andre Johnson said he's talked to Nnamdi Asomugha on more than one occasion and told the cornerback he should sign with the Texans," McClain wrote Sunday on his Twitter page.

NFL.com senior writer Steve Wyche recently suggested that Asomugha could land with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, as the team might part ways with Aqib Talib after his recent legal trouble.

Wyche also said that being on a winning team could mean more to Asomugha than money, so the Philadelphia Eagles, Dallas Cowboys and Baltimore Ravens also are believe to be front-runners to sign the three-time Pro Bowl and two-time All-Pro pick.

Asomugha has spent all eight of his NFL seasons with the Oakland Raiders, becoming one of the league's premier shutdown cornerbacks. He has just three interceptions since 2007, but that's because opposing quarterbacks typically avoid throwing his way.

benefactor
05-24-2011, 06:05 AM
It won't happen...but props to AJ for putting in the work. :tu

Kyle Orton
05-24-2011, 10:05 AM
Assface going to the Texans makes them a legit playoff contender, their front 7 is already great on paper if it ever plays up to its ability. Is Mario Williams gonna be moved to OLB or kept as a 3-4 DE? IMO he should be moved to OLB with Reed on the other end.

benefactor
05-24-2011, 01:00 PM
Preliminary reports are that Son of Bum is planning on moving him to OLB.

Kai
05-24-2011, 01:29 PM
Phillips clarifies plans for Williams in “5-2” front (http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-3/Phillips-clarifies-plans-for-Williams-in-%E2%80%9C5-2%E2%80%9D-front/22e614bb-8639-4cee-834c-ee09ee32910a)

The Texans' decision to move Mario Williams to outside linebacker has sparked plenty of hoopla and debate. Williams has been one of the most productive pass rushers in the NFL as a 4-3 defensive end, and he'll be an unconventionally large linebacker at 6-6, 290 pounds. On Monday, defensive coordinator Wade Phillips said that Williams essentially will still be an end in his defense – he'll just be on his feet more.

"They say '3-4', '4-3', all that," Phillips said at the Texans' annual Charity Golf Classic. "We really play a 5-2. We play five defensive linemen that can rush the passer and two inside 'backers who can tackle people. And we think Mario certainly fits in there."

In that 5-2 front, Williams will often be standing up on the right edge of the defensive line as the Will (weakside outside) linebacker.

Along the line to Williams' left will likely be Antonio Smith at right end, Earl Mitchell or Shaun Cody at nose tackle, J.J. Watt at left end and Connor Barwin or Brooks Reed at Sam (strongside outside) linebacker. Standing behind them will be inside linebackers DeMeco Ryans and Brian Cushing.

"We have a lot of versatility," Texans head coach Gary Kubiak said. "Cushing gives us a lot of versatility. Connor Barwin gives us a lot of versatility. If Mark Anderson… ends up being ours throughout this (free agency) process, he gives us versatility.

"So we've got a lot of good athletes on the defensive side of the ball, and the combinations we just added to it (in the draft) with J.J. and Brooks and those guys give Wade a great a lot of great talent to work with. We'll have to see how it all fits, but there's a couple of guys that can play multiple positions."

Phillips often says that he fits his defense to the players, not the other way around.

"The more you can do with players scheme-wise helps you," he said. "We're going to put Mario down some, but we're not going to tell them when. And same thing with Cushing: We're going to play him inside most of the time, but sometimes he's going to be rushing outside."

Asked how much concern he has about Williams dropping into coverage, Phillips replied, "None."

"We're not going to drop him," Phillips said. "We're going to rush him. That's why I say we're more of a 5-2, in that those five guys are coming a lot of the time, especially the position Mario plays. DeMarcus Ware played that position, Bryce Paup – on and on, guys that have led the league. They didn't lead the league in sacks by dropping a whole lot."

Williams has 43.5 sacks since 2007, but he hasn't finished a season in the top-10 in sacks since 2008. Phillips said that he has coached outside linebackers who have led the league in sacks from both the Sam and Will positions.

"We put (Williams) in the premier position," Phillips said. "You're rushing the passer more at Will, and so that's where we put him. We were looking in the draft for the best pass rusher. Well, we had him on our team, and so we just moved him to that position rather than going the other way around."

Dr. Gonzo
05-25-2011, 11:26 AM
Good thing they are only going with 2 LBs. That's about as deep as that group is. Outside of the d-line, there is no depth at all to any of this defense.

Kyle Orton
05-25-2011, 01:13 PM
Their D-line is pretty deep tho. This might be old news, but whatever happened to that African DT they used a top 10 pick on years ago?

Axe Murderer
05-25-2011, 01:18 PM
he was last seen chucking spears in Zimbabwe i teenk

Kyle Orton
05-25-2011, 01:32 PM
oh! a phong is ringin!

benefactor
05-25-2011, 07:12 PM
Everything to Prove: Episode 15 - J.J. Watt (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-everything-to-prove/09000d5d81ffe057/Everything-to-Prove-Episode-15?campaign=Facebook_videos)

The 4cc Dictionary
05-25-2011, 08:36 PM
oh! a phong is ringin!

Get down Stooooooops!!!!

symple19
05-25-2011, 08:39 PM
Their D-line is pretty deep tho. This might be old news, but whatever happened to that African DT they used a top 10 pick on years ago?

:lmao

Dr. Gonzo
05-25-2011, 09:06 PM

He might as well be. He has been a bust because he was drafted at the age of 19 and never had a decent coach. I think he can be good because he is still really young, 23 I think, and will finally have a decent defensive coach. He is small and gets pushed around gacho bad but he is quick and has a lot of upside.

Kyle Orton
05-25-2011, 09:32 PM
I think him being moved to 3-4 DE could help him out a lot, especially in a Wade Phillips 1-gap 3-4 where he can pick a gap to shoot thru

Kai
05-25-2011, 10:03 PM
Kubiak on Andre recruiting Aso: "I'm glad Andre's got some great friends out there so let's see what happens."

http://www.nfl.com/videos/houston-texans/09000d5d81ffefc6/Kubiak-chats-Texans-draft-Mario-Williams-and-more

Dr. Gonzo
05-26-2011, 10:58 PM
Aso won't be a Texan. There is a better chance of them having the top D in the league than that happening.

Dr. Gonzo
07-19-2011, 10:25 PM
Do you break the bank for Aso or pick up a 2nd tier guy like Jonathan Joseph and leave some cash left over for a couple of other guys? Who knows exactly what the salary cap will be. Alls I know is Vonte better be resigned. He was a huge factor in the run game.

Kai
07-19-2011, 11:03 PM
You break the bank on Aso. He is an elite player that is very, very rare. You put him on an island by himself and it opens up so many things for your defense.

Dr. Gonzo
07-20-2011, 07:21 AM
Even if it means there is no money for a serviceable safety and Troy Nolan and Shiloh Keo are back there? I know they are linked to Sensabaugh and while he is nowhere near a top safety he at least has played before. Poorly but he's played.

Kai
07-20-2011, 09:26 AM
You take the superstar. It's a lot easier to fill those other roles than to nab the cream of the crop. Would you rather have LeBron and Boobie Gibson or Thadeus Young and Jrue Holiday?

djohn2oo8
07-20-2011, 09:46 AM
Instead of opposing QBs doing this while looking at film of our secondary:

http://www.geargeek.net/images/jizzinmypants.gif

I'd take the superstar who only allowed 13 completions last year

benefactor
07-26-2011, 12:25 PM
Chron weighs in on the Nnamdi Asomugha situation.

Texans need to go after Asomugha (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/solomon/7669135.html)

By Jerome Solomon

NFL owners and players kissed, made up and hugged it out Monday, announcing the end of the nearly five-month lockout.

It was such a lovey-dovey scene that someone should have suggested they get a room. A bank vault.

Almost everywhere you turned Monday, the general sentiment was, "Thank God! Football is back."

I won't even ask the obvious question. (Where did it go?)

Instead, let's ponder what should happen next in what promises to be the wildest week of player movement in NFL history.

This could be fun. Especially if sometime this week the Texans agree to terms with free-agent cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha.

Yeah, yeah, I know you have probably seen it written or said somewhere that the Texans could have salary-cap issues. Or that they have too many holes to fill to pay as much money as it will take to get one of the two best cornerbacks in the game. Or that Asomugha might not want to play for a team that has never won anything.

Well, blah, blah, blah, blah.

Enough with the excuses.

For those of you who have so quickly accepted the Texans' cash-counting procedure as if you are a McNair family heir or Bob McNair's money manager, it is time for the Texans to become one of the big boys in the NFL.

Making a serious play for Asomugha would prove the Texans are serious about putting a winning team on the field, and acquiring him would improve their defense tremendously and make them a playoff contender.

Fans aren't the only ones excited about the possibility. Every Texans veteran I've asked talks about wanting to see Asomugha, 30, in a Texans uniform.

One longtime NFL coach, known for his defensive knowledge, told me a few weeks ago that Asomugha would be the perfect fit in Wade Phillips' defense. Because of the Texans' secondary issues, he said, Asomugha might be more valuable to them than to any other team in the NFL.

Worst-kept secret

Early this offseason, the Texans quietly let it be known they were interested in Asomugha, the shutdown corner they need. Now they need to make it happen. The future salary cap is an issue. But not for coach Gary Kubiak. He doesn't have a future here if this team doesn't win now.

It would be interesting to know where recent rumblings that pursuing Asomugha might not be a good move were born. Note the Texans have played much of the media in this town like B.B. King plays Lucille.

It has been nine years. Texans fans are full of the blues, and playtime is over. Sure, the Texans can use the money it would take to lure Asomugha to sign two or three average-to-decent players. They have enough average-to-decent players. The Texans could use a star in the secondary. A player who is among the best in the business, or, if you prefer, the best in the game.

Every time you start to think it's a game, you need to be reminded it's a business.

Maintaining interest

The NFL is good business. It avoided the inevitable and unavoidable fan outrage had its labor dispute led to games being missed. The last thing a sports league wants its fans to do is realize they can live without the games. It won't be until Christmas that many of you even notice there are no NBA games going on. If the Astros stopped playing for a few weeks right now, how many fans would be upset? (Insert your joke about their having to start playing first before they can stop.)

NFL fans are dependable and dependent. If Texans ticket sales matched their on-the-field performance, they would have two-for-one specials on bread wrappers like the Rockets used to in the 1970s.

But the Texans keep coming to you, asking you to pay high dollar for a weak product. You have proved you are willing to pay.

Basically, their response has been, "Don't worry. Your money is still good here."

This one season, wouldn't it be nice to pay for a product that is worth every cent?

Nnamdi Asomugha would help make that the dream come true.

[email protected]
twitter.com/jeromesolomon

Dr. Gonzo
07-27-2011, 11:16 AM
My money is on the Texans getting nobody of real value. They won't get Aso and they will probably overpay for someone like Carr. Fucking Texans.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
07-27-2011, 01:09 PM
All signs pointing to Scrabble in NY for $12 million/per.

That defense has the potential to be downright scary with NA.

Kai
07-27-2011, 04:20 PM
I really hope we don't settle with Cromartie. He's a gambler that gets by on athleticism.

Blake
07-28-2011, 10:29 AM
Nnamdi Asomugha would help make that the dream come true.

Texan fans dream looks to be coming true

shyne
07-28-2011, 10:47 AM
Texan fans dream looks to be coming true

it prolly means he aint coming then.

benefactor
07-28-2011, 01:28 PM
Leinart re-signed. We staaaacked!

benefactor
07-28-2011, 01:30 PM
Just read the rest of the article. They gave him 5.5 million....rofl. He's not even an NFL player.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/7672795.html

shyne
07-28-2011, 01:31 PM
I wish he would decide already, take our cash or go to NY, bitch out like Lebron and suck Rex Ryans 2 inch cock if you can find it.

Dr. Gonzo
07-28-2011, 07:28 PM
With Joseph going to Houston, I put the Jets in the lead position for Nnamdi. Stay tuned
ClaytonESPN 11 mins

ClaytonESPN per twitter

djohn2oo8
07-28-2011, 07:41 PM
Nnamdi wasnt signing here..like this deal as soon as the numbers come out

Dr. Gonzo
07-28-2011, 07:41 PM
Solid move and should be cheaper than Aso. If they get a decent safety it will be a good offseason. I still think resigning Leach is vital.

benefactor
07-28-2011, 08:47 PM
I like it too. They could have been left standing on the wall if they put all their chips in trying to pursue Aso. I agree completely with doing whatever is necessary to get Leach back on board.

benefactor
07-28-2011, 08:53 PM
Chron story. They pretty much echoed the same thing I said.

The Texans had been negotiating with Nnamdi Asomugha and Joseph, the two best cornerbacks available and two of the top-five free agents. When Joseph was ready for agent Jason Chayut to pull the trigger, general manager Rick Smith and vice president of football administration Chris Olsen couldn't wait on Asomugha to make a decision.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/7674460.html

benefactor
07-28-2011, 09:39 PM
As far as safeties go...I'd put Dawan Landry and Dashon Goldson at the top of my list of players to target. I would take someone like Roman Harper as backup plan if neither of those panned out.

Isn't Son of Bum going to move Quin to safety?

InRareForm
07-28-2011, 10:28 PM
Like the pickup of JOJO!

InRareForm
07-28-2011, 10:33 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/25667/joseph-a-giant-upgrade-for-texans

InRareForm
07-28-2011, 11:47 PM
Texans sign Daniel Manning! Wow Great Day!!!

2c7N15lh0Ts

shyne
07-28-2011, 11:51 PM
love the moves today by the front office, two ball hawks who are young and like to hit.

benefactor
07-29-2011, 05:31 AM
Holy shit...I go to bed and this happens. Best day in frachise history.

Kai
07-30-2011, 05:22 PM
Very happy with the signings. Can't wait to see this team on the field. The best part about all of this is the fact that the Colts have done nothing this offseason.

benefactor
08-01-2011, 08:02 PM
Bunch of camp pics.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.263617923652719.83798.124189927595520

Dr. Gonzo
08-01-2011, 10:45 PM
J.J. Watt is big.

benefactor
08-02-2011, 05:27 AM
Indeed. Looks like he is enjoying the heat too.

benefactor
08-02-2011, 08:31 PM
Pics from day 2:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.264131486934696.83893.124189927595520&type=1

benefactor
08-03-2011, 12:54 PM
Texans just signed their Leach replacement...Lawrence Vickers. Nice pickup. He and Casey can battle it out for the starting spot. I expect Vickers to start though and Casey to continue to plug in situationally.

djohn2oo8
08-03-2011, 01:16 PM
Now they need another reciever. If Andre went down, do you really trust Jacoby Jones and Kevin Walter?

djohn2oo8
08-03-2011, 01:16 PM
Malcolm Floyd FTW!

djohn2oo8
08-04-2011, 10:51 AM
The Texans have redone the contracts of Andre Johnson, DeMeco Ryans and Antonio Smith to get under the salary cap. They were $8.5M over.
-- McClain.

benefactor
08-04-2011, 12:32 PM
From chron.com:

Just as quickly, though, Jackson resembled the rookie cornerback who was victimized so often last year. Undrafted rookie free agent Jeff Maehl, a productive player during collegiate days at Oregon, unleashed a hitch-and-go pattern so convincing that Jackson bit, stumbled and never really recovered, beaten badly for a long touchdown.
:smchode:

Kirk Nowitzki
08-04-2011, 05:58 PM
NFL is doing HGH testing now so I think we can go ahead and rule Brian Cushing out for Week 1 :lmao

Dr. Gonzo
08-04-2011, 11:20 PM
NFL is doing HGH testing now so I think we can go ahead and rule Brian Cushing out for Week 1 :lmao

He wasn't on HGH. He had over trained athlete syndrome. It's a disease!

:wakeup

weebo
08-07-2011, 07:51 PM
Every year I have high hopes for this team and like clockwork they disappoint. I 'm just hoping we can stop someone atleast half the time...atleast before the texans find a way to give the game away in the last few seconds

benefactor
08-15-2011, 08:41 PM
Pretty good half overall. Watt is beasting...as is Ogbonnaya. Mario is still adjusting to his new position. And...Leinart?

benefactor
08-15-2011, 08:43 PM
The biggest encouragement defensively is the pressure. Son of Bum is dialing up the blitzes like no one in south Texas has ever seen.

Dr. Gonzo
08-15-2011, 08:47 PM
Watt looks great. As does Reed. I really don't think that Williams looks completely comfortable yet at his position bu that's understandable. It's only been 2 weeks he's been playing the OLB spot. It's really good to see some actual sacks taking place. Even if it is only preseason.

benefactor
08-15-2011, 09:16 PM
Reed is a wild man. He'll make the rotation easily if he keep playing like this. I'm not worried at all about Mario. He'll be fine. By the end of the preseason he should be looking much better.

InRareForm
08-15-2011, 10:40 PM
Defense intensity already looks MUCH better! wow

Watt is looking nice!

Give MWilliams some time.

Wtf up with the kick returns?? Horrible.

Ogbonnayas great stat line. GOod heart tonight.

Nice catches by Jean as well.

Kai
08-16-2011, 12:18 AM
Defense looked leaps and bounds better.

DeadlyDynasty
08-16-2011, 01:02 AM
JJ Watt looked like the real deal. That D-Line might have a future

djohn2oo8
08-16-2011, 09:28 AM
rex ryans tirade last night was hilarious for the simple fact that 5 buttons popped off his shirt after he threw his headset

benefactor
08-20-2011, 10:12 PM
Ben Tate...Arian Foster...gg NFL.

Spursfan092120
08-20-2011, 10:14 PM
I know it's preseason and all, but you guys looked good tonight. Real good.

benefactor
08-20-2011, 10:21 PM
Still figuring out assignments on defense...but the pass rush looks awesome. The other stuff will come together with time. The offense is looking like it will be scary good.

InRareForm
08-20-2011, 10:23 PM
Defense looks synced together. Wphillips is the man. Anyone see Reeed? wow! he might be the real deal. Watt continuing to play well. Manning got burned tonight... but not sure what happen there.

arian being arian.

Aj being AJ.

Tate was awesome. Arian/Tate/Ward 1-2-3 rb. dope.

LakerHater
08-20-2011, 11:11 PM
Loked pretty good tonight!

LOL texans
08-22-2011, 06:12 PM
lol texans

lol delusional texan fans

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-31-2011, 05:01 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6913877/arian-foster-houston-texans-tweets-mri-photo-hamstring

:lol Texans

08-31-2011, 05:38 PM
My favorite comment in the Arian Foster article

"I dont care about your x-ray. I need you back. I drafted you in my fantasy team for god sake. Put a shot in the leg and get the moving. Your just a stat to me. Just fantasy points thats all. Now get your pansy butt up and go to work." :lmao

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-31-2011, 06:58 PM
Lucky for me I drafted Ben Tate in both of my leagues so far.

benefactor
09-08-2011, 02:18 PM
Peyton probably out for the season. Best opportunity they are going to get. Please don't fuck this up.

Dr. Gonzo
09-08-2011, 02:23 PM
They deserve to be made fun of if they don't win the division this year.

Dr. Gonzo
09-09-2011, 11:55 PM
Can Houston handle the pressure? On paper they are the best team in the division and should take it with Manning out. My minds telling me no but my body, my body is telling me yes.

Dr. Gonzo
09-09-2011, 11:55 PM
real talk

DeadlyDynasty
09-10-2011, 12:40 AM
Not even the Texans can fuck this up...at worst they'll finish 5-1 in the division, but they got this.

Dr. Gonzo
09-11-2011, 12:35 AM
Not even the Texans can fuck this up...at worst they'll finish 5-1 in the division, but they got this.

I've watched every game since they started. Even looking past that and going back to the Oilers. They do have the potential to fuck this up.

djohn2oo8
09-11-2011, 08:18 AM
On paper they should take it. But, I think one thing that might doom them like last year, besides the defense did, is the lack of a killer instinct. They'll score, but not often enough, and let the other teams hang around. Gary Kubiak is the problem, lacking any kind of vocal leadership.

DeadlyDynasty
09-11-2011, 10:53 AM
Arian Foster is out for today's game.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-11-2011, 10:54 AM
wow n!ggers wondering if I should start Ben Tate

DeadlyDynasty
09-11-2011, 10:57 AM
I have Ward on my team, gonna start him. I hear it'll be running back by committee

benefactor
09-11-2011, 04:18 PM
It was over by halftime and the Texans played like it in the second. The defense was especially complacent. I don't care how much they are up...you go balls out until the clock runs out. They need to play like that all season if they plan to finally gain the respect they so desperately seek.

HarlemHeat37
09-11-2011, 04:35 PM
Texans paid off a couple of bills for me today, maybe this will be the year they finally live up to the hype..it would be difficult to fail, in the worst division in the NFL right now, IMO..

Dr. Gonzo
09-11-2011, 05:59 PM
Looks like Walter is out 10-12 weeks. I wonder who they will call up. Dickerson or Maehl?

benefactor
09-11-2011, 06:37 PM
PFT jumped the gun on this a bit. According to Scurfield it's a right collarbone injury and he will have an MRI tomorrow. Others have said he wasn't even wearing a sling when they saw him.

We'll see what tomorrow holds.

If he is out any extended length of time, I'd like to see them try to bring David Anderson back. He left for Denver but didn't make the final roster. He'd be better than any of the practice squad options IMO.

weebo
09-11-2011, 07:47 PM
Played well the first game of this season but I'm not holding my breath for this team. I've followed them long enough to know you can't trust them.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-12-2011, 09:30 AM
Anyone who watched the Texans' game yesterday, was there a specific reason why Owen Daniels only had 1 catch? Was he out for a lot of snaps? Was he kept back as a blocker on a lot of plays? Was he just covered really well? Does he look like he sucks?

djohn2oo8
09-12-2011, 10:31 AM
Anyone who watched the Texans' game yesterday, was there a specific reason why Owen Daniels only had 1 catch? Was he out for a lot of snaps? Was he kept back as a blocker on a lot of plays? Was he just covered really well? Does he look like he sucks?

They ran alot of two TE formations but he didn't look like he sucks. They just went to Dressen alot more. I was wondering why they went to him once.

djohn2oo8
09-12-2011, 10:33 AM
But I would advise you to change TE's in fantasy, just because he had a devastating injury a year ago.

benefactor
09-12-2011, 11:16 AM
He's fine. Word out of camp was that he's back to his pre-injury form.

Djohn was right about one thing...they will be using multiple receiving TE's this year a lot more. In those sets teams will key in on Daniels more, which will have Schaub going to Dressen and Casey a lot more...as both are good catching TE's also. In this particular game Johnson was open a lot and they were stuffing the ball down their throat with the run, so between both of those things there wasn't much need to go to the TE's.

benefactor
09-12-2011, 06:40 PM
Per Kubiak Walter has what's being called a "bruise." He is day to day.

benefactor
09-13-2011, 05:49 PM
If he is out any extended length of time, I'd like to see them try to bring David Anderson back. He left for Denver but didn't make the final roster. He'd be better than any of the practice squad options IMO.
http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Texans-bring-back-wide-receiver-David-Anderson-2168911.php

:hat

benefactor
09-18-2011, 06:10 PM
Not pretty...but I'll take it. This team needs to learn how to win ugly anyway.

Dr. Gonzo
09-18-2011, 08:49 PM
I was already expecting them to blow the lead. The fact that they held on and answered with that drive to put them up 10 is BIG. They are getting gutted up the middle though. They are in dire need of a space eating NT.

benefactor
09-19-2011, 11:05 AM
Cody...ugh. Don't get me started. Supposedly Earl Mitchell looked better in camp. Not sure why he's not getting more burn.

I knew that early on they would get worked by any team with a decent back...and so far they have been getting enough pass rush to offset the damage the run is causing. Cushing played better which is a plus but I'm still wondering if Meco is 100% or has completely caught on to where he's supposed to be in the new scheme. In Wade's defense the inside LB's are crucial to stopping the run...even moreso than the NT.

benefactor
09-25-2011, 05:34 PM
Tough loss...but it's still early in the season...and it was the Saints in NO. The defense looked like a defense that has only played 3 pro games in a new system against one of the best offenses in the league. Two more pretty big tests ahead. Coming out of this 3-2 would be considered a success IMO.

Dr. Gonzo
09-25-2011, 07:59 PM
Fucking Texans.

IronMexican
09-25-2011, 08:02 PM
Raiders and Texans again in two weeks. This is like the 5th year in a row or something. Weird.

Kai
09-25-2011, 09:31 PM
Raiders and Texans again in two weeks. This is like the 5th year in a row or something. Weird.

They usually end their seasons in the same place in the division.

IronMexican
09-25-2011, 10:03 PM
They usually end their seasons in the same place in the division.

I know. It's crazy.

InRareForm
09-26-2011, 07:00 PM
missed arian for those redzone opportunities. Game would have been put away if you convert those.

benefactor
10-02-2011, 02:56 PM
*exhales deeply*

weebo
10-02-2011, 03:16 PM
*exhales deeply*

you too, huh?

Dr. Gonzo
10-02-2011, 03:57 PM
They did everything possible to piss this game away and still pulled it off, without AJ for most of the game.

Big win. Big big win. Last year they would have folded and lost by 14.

benefactor
10-02-2011, 06:30 PM
Where the defense failed them repeatedly last week they shined this week. Everything was going bad. Everything. 14 points wiped away by stupid penalties. You're right...last year they would have lost this game by at least two scores.

AJ went down...Foster picked them up...and the defense raped the rapist repeatedly. He will be a very sore man tomorrow morning.

Helluva win.

InRareForm
10-02-2011, 06:35 PM
The D secures the win!, You don't say???!!

Joseph got fucked over by 2 bad calls.

Foster runs most yards against PITT since 2003

nice win.

Got scared after AJ went down, our WR's are a buncha 4's without our #1 out there.

weebo
10-02-2011, 06:41 PM
Let's hope AJ won't be out for too long. The O went cold there for a while without him.

DeadlyDynasty
10-02-2011, 07:09 PM
Good win for the Texans :tu

Kai
10-04-2011, 12:27 PM
Bring on DA RAIDAHS

benefactor
10-05-2011, 06:16 AM
Reports are saying Andre will be out for 3 weeks. I'll most certainly take it...especially since the worst was flashing through most Texans fans minds while he was laying there in the middle of the field.

The next three games are Oakland, Baltimore and Tennessee. I'd be happy with 2-1. I really wanted to go into BMore full strength to avenge the debacle that was last years game. Flacco has looked like shit though, so perhaps they pull it off without Andre.

benefactor
10-09-2011, 04:17 PM
What sucks is that there is that the Texans are stuck. Schaub obviously will never take them any further than possibly the first round but what are the other options? 4000+ yd passers aren't just laying around waiting to be picked up.

fml

weebo
10-10-2011, 08:14 PM
Looks like Mario Williams is out for the season per yahoo sports.

:depressed

benefactor
10-10-2011, 08:28 PM
http://www.crackgreg.com/images/2008-09-20-1506524cac-1.jpg

benefactor
10-16-2011, 06:49 PM
Predictable loss. The defense gave up some big plays but played well over all without Mario. If AJ plays there is a good chance they get the W. Hopefully we see him on the field soon.

djohn2oo8
10-19-2011, 11:52 AM
Last year defense wasthe problem. It just hid Kubiak's stupid ass playcalling. This year its getting exposed. I want an aggressive coach and not some pansy ass. Then he blames foster for the offense not being effective lol

weebo
10-23-2011, 01:51 PM
Looks like the Texans found their running game. The Titans shitty defense had it all along.

benefactor
10-23-2011, 01:57 PM
They are getting raped...and lol at the Tacks fans booing.

weebo
10-23-2011, 02:02 PM
...and here comes another Houston Texan debacle....

DPG21920
10-23-2011, 02:09 PM
Foster is straight up beasting.

weebo
10-23-2011, 02:11 PM
just punt the fuvking ball and pin them dee...geez

benefactor
10-23-2011, 02:28 PM
lol getting laid out by the kicker

benefactor
10-23-2011, 05:46 PM
Shit...put another one on the meat wagon. Danieal Manning fractured his leg. Out 4-10 weeks.

Black eye on what has been a glorious afternoon.

weebo
10-23-2011, 07:39 PM
great another injury to yet another key player

weebo
10-30-2011, 01:34 PM
lol shitty texans

Dr. Gonzo
10-30-2011, 10:37 PM
Division Lead!

benefactor
10-31-2011, 11:39 AM
Hopefully no one else gets injured. At 5-3 with the worst part of the schedule out of the way it would take a pretty epic collapse to miss the playoffs this year.

weebo
10-31-2011, 04:37 PM
Hopefully no one else gets injured. At 5-3 with the worst part of the schedule out of the way it would take a pretty epic collapse to miss the playoffs this year.

Wouldn't be surprised if this weak minded team found a way to choke the division lead and the playoffs ...

benefactor
10-31-2011, 06:40 PM
The defensive changes have made all the difference. Nothing surprises me anymore, but as bad as all the rest of the teams in the division and the weak schedule down the stretch I expect that they will get it done.

DeadlyDynasty
10-31-2011, 11:48 PM
Texans got this on lock...titans have a rough road ahead and are already behind the 8ball with a 1-2 divisional record.

benefactor
11-06-2011, 04:47 PM
6-3...Tate and Foster in regulation mode today. Brooks Reed really stepping in Mario's absence. Dude beasted.

Dr. Gonzo
11-06-2011, 04:50 PM
Tate and Foster have to be the best RB tandem in the league. They Browns are a hard team to run on and they carved them up. Excellent job by the line. I'm slowly moving from cautiously optimistic about this team to optimistic. A few more wins and I'll move up to very optimistic.

djohn2oo8
11-06-2011, 04:55 PM
Still cautious. If they win at Tampa, then I'll believe.

Dr. Gonzo
11-06-2011, 05:02 PM
In theory, the Texans should get the win. The Bucs have a suspect run defense. As long as the Texans don't beat themselves, which happens less often than it used to, they will get a win.

djohn2oo8
11-06-2011, 05:10 PM
In any case, i think they should just rest Andre til after the bye, and maybe even the Jacksonville game, so he can be fresh down the stretch.

Trainwreck2100
11-06-2011, 05:10 PM
the texans remaining schedule is a fucking joke.

Dr. Gonzo
11-06-2011, 05:26 PM

I thank the football Gods for that. The toughest games left are the Falcons, Bucs and possibly the Bengals.

Dr. Gonzo
11-06-2011, 08:44 PM
After last season I was just praying the Texans would have a top 20 defense. To have a top 5 defense after week 9 is just flat out exciting. If they can stay in the top 10 at the end of the season that will be a remarkable turnaround, especially with Mario and Manning out the rest of the way. Wade Phillips will deserve some kind of assistant coaching award.

Dr. Gonzo
11-06-2011, 08:45 PM
Phillips should at least get a BJ from the wifey. #realtalk

Pelicans78
11-06-2011, 09:37 PM
The Bucs are a shitty team. It was pathetic by the Saints to lose to them earlier and to let them come back today. I've seen no real improvement from Freeman. Doesn't make decisive decisions and doesn't seem to have the same speed he did last season. Texans are the better team, but the Bucs could keep it close because Freeman can make some plays when the offense breaks down.

Kai
11-07-2011, 12:38 AM
After last season I was just praying the Texans would have a top 20 defense. To have a top 5 defense after week 9 is just flat out exciting. If they can stay in the top 10 at the end of the season that will be a remarkable turnaround, especially with Mario and Manning out the rest of the way. Wade Phillips will deserve some kind of assistant coaching award.

I believe they moved into #1 overall tonight.

Dr. Gonzo
11-07-2011, 12:14 PM
I believe they moved into #1 overall tonight.

That is unbelievable. They have faced some shitty offenses but last season they were making Tebow and Alex Smith look like all-pro QBs.

Kai
11-07-2011, 02:29 PM
That is unbelievable. They have faced some shitty offenses but last season they were making Tebow and Alex Smith look like all-pro QBs.

Honestly, that's usually how it goes. Teams that have awesome stats at the end of the year are the ones that have both a good team and poor competition.

weebo
11-07-2011, 06:09 PM

If they can't win this shit division with their remaining cream puff schedule, everyone needs to get fired, cut, released, or murdered.

Dr. Gonzo
11-07-2011, 11:22 PM
If they can't win this shit division with their remaining cream puff schedule, everyone needs to get fired, cut, released, or murdered.

Everyone except A.J.

djohn2oo8
11-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Everyone except A.J.

And Jonathan Joseph

Xsatyr
11-08-2011, 02:41 PM
And Jonathan Joseph

Brian Cushing, Brooks Reed, J.J. Watt, etc.

Dr. Gonzo
11-08-2011, 11:44 PM
What do you guys think about Bryan Braman? He's only a special teams guy now but I think he has what it takes to be a very good defensive player.

Dr. Gonzo
11-08-2011, 11:44 PM
I had high hopes for Keo. He has looked like shit so far.

benefactor
11-09-2011, 07:11 AM
Braman is the goods. He showed some flashes during the preseason and now his being worked into the rotation a little bit and looking solid when he's in there. Keo's problem is he can't tackle for shit. I think he's still on the practice squad though, so perhaps he can develop some. Speaking of safties...Quintin Demps did a nice Danieal Manning impression on Sunday.

It's good to see they guys(Demps, Reed) that have been plugged in for the injured starters stepping up, especially since those starters are impact players on this roster.

gameFACE
11-13-2011, 02:36 PM
Uverse not showing the Texans/Buccs. Anyone else have this problem? Not sure if it's uverse or CBS.

Bill_Brasky
11-13-2011, 02:41 PM
Uverse not showing the Texans/Buccs. Anyone else have this problem? Not sure if it's uverse or CBS.

It's CBS. Cowboys game is usually on fox, but for some fucktarded reason theyre showing the Saints game instead.

Dr. Gonzo
11-13-2011, 03:36 PM
The Cowboys were playing an AFC team so CBS was broadcasting it. They opted to show that game instead of the Texans.

Dr. Gonzo
11-13-2011, 03:38 PM
The Texans D looks fantastic. Even KJ is looking good out there. Brooks Reed's play may be the reason they let Mario walk next season.

benefactor
11-13-2011, 06:26 PM
7-3. I really don't know how to feel right now. I'm just trying to take it all in.

djohn2oo8
11-13-2011, 07:17 PM
7-3. I really don't know how to feel right now. I'm just trying to take it all in.

Optimism, but cautious optimism. Kubiak is still our head coach, so let's just wwait and see. I want them to CRUSH Jacksonville in two weeks, hopefully with Andre back.

weebo
11-13-2011, 07:41 PM
Defense is playing extremely well even without MW. It helps that the O hasn't skipped a beat without AJ... but i'll hold any optimism until I see them do it in December and/or January.

Kai
11-13-2011, 09:04 PM
Home field would be HUGE for an inexperienced team like ours.

Also: Texans lead the league in point differential (+107). Winning big, like a boss.

benefactor
11-13-2011, 11:24 PM
Yes sir.

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/392962_1920447510869_1832516137_1253630_1194893365 _n.jpg

Spurminator
11-14-2011, 04:47 PM
Matt Schaub to miss several weeks

By John Clayton
ESPN.com

Houston Texans quarterback Matt Schaub has a significant foot injury that will force him to miss several weeks, according to coach Gary Kubiak.

Kubiak said Schaub will be in a walking boot and will spend the bye week visiting specialists in several parts of the country.

Matt Leinart will start against the Jaguars after the bye, Kubiak said.

Kubiak didn't give a time table for Schaub's return, and Kubiak wouldn't address the idea he could be done for the season with a broken foot.

John Clayton is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7235059/matt-schaub-houston-texans-several-weeks-foot-injury

Bummer.

stretch
11-14-2011, 04:51 PM
LMAO texans

11-14-2011, 04:59 PM
Lisfranc fracture, just a guess.

And done for the season.

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-14-2011, 05:06 PM
I guess with the NBA locked out the injury bugs had to feast on the Texans instead of the Rockets this fall.

Dr. Gonzo
11-14-2011, 05:12 PM
So much for the playoffs. Unless Leinart can come in and produce.

Leinart :lmao

11-14-2011, 05:18 PM
Don;t they have a cake schedule?

They'll make the playoffs with that running game and defense playing the way it has been.

And then get drilled in the first playoff game.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-14-2011, 05:20 PM
Making the playoffs would be a good enough step for the Texans.

Their new concern should be how long it takes AJ to re-injure himself once Leinart starts playing and hanging him out to dry for a big hit.

Kyle Orton
11-14-2011, 05:25 PM
Time to get garrard

slick'81
11-14-2011, 06:12 PM
wow huge blow for the texans

djohn2oo8
11-14-2011, 06:15 PM
Garrad or Favre, I really don't care which one, just NOT Leinart.

Dr. Gonzo
11-14-2011, 06:25 PM
I'm going balls deep in support of Leinart. I may even buy a jersey. He will be just fine.

Dr. Gonzo
11-14-2011, 06:28 PM
Don;t they have a cake schedule?

The Falcons and Cincy are the only quality teams they have left.

They'll make the playoffs with that running game and defense playing the way it has been.

And then get drilled in the first playoff game.

That's all I've ever hoped for. :)

djohn2oo8
11-14-2011, 06:50 PM
We've got to sign someone else, we've GOT to. We are one big hit away from TJ Yates being the starting QB on this team.

Trainwreck2100
11-14-2011, 07:23 PM
Time to get garrard

Leinart can get them to the playoffs and get beat the first game just as easily as gerrard

crc21209
11-14-2011, 07:50 PM
Damn..tough break for the Texans. Just when you thought the Texans were finally gonna break through and make some noise....

benefactor
11-14-2011, 07:53 PM
And I'm stuck on call. I can't even get drunk.

Fuck everything.

shyne
11-14-2011, 09:28 PM
Go sign rosencopter��. I can't believe this shit.

Dr. Gonzo
11-14-2011, 11:31 PM
We've got to sign someone else, we've GOT to. We are one big hit away from TJ Yates being the starting QB on this team.

That's just stupid. The Packers are one big hit away from Matt Flynn starting at QB. That doesn't mean shit.

This team has two things that will help ease the brunt of this loss. They have an excellent running game and an excellent defense. Leinart will do enough to not lose games. He will be fine. He's a way better option than they have had at backup for years now. He is way better than Rosencopter was when he was here and he somewhat held it together back then without the help of one of the best running games in the league.

Jump off the bandwagon now. The whole fucking lot of you. I will still be on it until it goes straight into a tree and gets destroyed like it has so for so many years of Houston football.

Fuck you all.

Pelicans78
11-14-2011, 11:32 PM
This injury is a blow to the Texans run for a Super Bowl which was a serious possibility. This injury reminds me to what happened to the Saints in 2000 when QB Jeff Blake broke his foot. The Saints were also 7-3 at the time, 1st in their division, had a strong running game behind Ricky Williams, the best OL in the league anchored by Willie Roaf and Kyle Turley, and one of the top defenses in the league anchored by the best D-line. They also got timely big play passing from Jeff Blake to Joe Horn.

Besides losing Blake, they also lost Ricky Williams in week 11 to a broken foot. Aaron Brooks did a solid job going 3-3 including a crucial road win at the Rams to help win the division and a great performance by him in the playoffs at home against the Rams helped the Saints get their first playoff win ever. Still, the Saints lost in the 2nd round at the Vikings.

I really believe if Blake and Williams could have stayed healthy, the Saints could have gotten a 1st round bye and possibly homefield advantage throughout the playoffs. Injuries derailed that.

My fear is that injuries will limit the Texans success in the playoffs.

weebo
11-15-2011, 04:56 PM
Texans are gonna have to run the shit outta the ball and hope Mattie S. will be back in no time. Putting it in the hands of ML is a disaster in the making.

weebo
11-15-2011, 05:00 PM
My fear is that injuries will limit the Texans success in the playoffs.

Injuries limit every team's success playoffs or not.

djohn2oo8
11-16-2011, 11:50 AM
That's just stupid. The Packers are one big hit away from Matt Flynn starting at QB. That doesn't mean shit.

This team has two things that will help ease the brunt of this loss. They have an excellent running game and an excellent defense. Leinart will do enough to not lose games. He will be fine. He's a way better option than they have had at backup for years now. He is way better than Rosencopter was when he was here and he somewhat held it together back then without the help of one of the best running games in the league.

Jump off the bandwagon now. The whole fucking lot of you. I will still be on it until it goes straight into a tree and gets destroyed like it has so for so many years of Houston football.

Fuck you all.

Flynn would actually do well if something happened to Rodgers. if something happens to Leinart, than they are stuck with a rookie in the midst of a playoff run.

leemajors
11-16-2011, 12:04 PM
Flynn would actually do well if something happened to Rodgers. if something happens to Leinart, than they are stuck with a rookie in the midst of a playoff run.

lol assumption from hell. Rodgers is a moron, needs to wear a real chinstrap before his jaw gets broken into pieces

Trainwreck2100
11-27-2011, 01:10 PM
lol master race foster stripped by andre johnson

Nathan89
11-27-2011, 01:15 PM
Didn't realize there was a season thread.

Team not helping Leinart as expected but instead fucking him over.

This game has my interest.

Nathan89
11-27-2011, 01:27 PM
Leinart's passing plays have all been rolling to the left. I want see what he can do from the pocket.

Bright side for the Texans is the running game seems to be able to dominate the Jags.

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-27-2011, 02:23 PM
Let the Yates era begin!

Bill_Brasky
11-27-2011, 02:30 PM
Y:loltes!

shyne
11-27-2011, 02:32 PM
we are cursed, cant believe this bullshit

Nathan89
11-27-2011, 02:44 PM
Any news on the injury?

That really sucks.

Pelicans78
11-27-2011, 02:47 PM
He's out for the game. Hurt his throwing shoulder.

Dr. Gonzo
11-27-2011, 02:48 PM
Okay, now they are really fucked.

Dr. Gonzo
11-27-2011, 02:49 PM
Word on the twits is Leinart broke his collarbone.

Dr. Gonzo
11-27-2011, 03:15 PM
If they go 2-4 in their last six, including this game, it will be a huge accomplishment.

weebo
11-27-2011, 03:17 PM
down goes another one ...

Killakobe81
11-27-2011, 03:20 PM
down goes another one ...

Tough breaks foir Texans all year: Mario, Foster, Schaub ...

I tell you what the corner (who i wanted over Namdi) is now the best CB not named Revis ...great FA pickup. Plus Wade can coach defense he is just not a head coach.

Trainwreck2100
11-27-2011, 03:21 PM
I'm going balls deep in support of Leinart. I may even buy a jersey. He will be just fine.

Nope

Dr. Gonzo
11-27-2011, 03:23 PM
Nope

Good thing the injury can be used as an out for the "Leinart will be fine" argument. I'm glad. I was trying to convince myself more than anyone else.

Dr. Gonzo
11-27-2011, 04:06 PM
A win is a win but it doesn't look good from here on out.

djohn2oo8
11-27-2011, 05:06 PM
Call up Brett.

benefactor
11-27-2011, 06:18 PM
NickScurfield Nick Scurfield
Leinart said it was his collarbone & felt similar to his season-ending injury in ‘07. "It’s pretty disappointing. Tough to swallow."
You just can't make shit like this up.

benefactor
12-04-2011, 02:44 PM
TJ Yates = the goods so far. I have no idea why Leinart was ahead of this guy on the depth chart.

Bill_Brasky
12-04-2011, 03:31 PM
What happened to Andre?

benefactor
12-04-2011, 04:00 PM
What happened to Andre?
Hamstring...the other one.

Team is battling like hell regardless though. Big stop just now on 4th down.

Trainwreck2100
12-04-2011, 04:31 PM
Even the punter is down

benefactor
12-04-2011, 04:34 PM
I'd like to thank the shitheads that work at Fox for cutting to the Cowboys game on the final play of the Texans game.

Pelicans78
12-04-2011, 04:44 PM
Nice win for the Texans. I watched that game.

Matt Ryan has become a terrible POS. He struggles running that offense and he audibles to many passing plays. Idiot. LOL Falcons. I hate that fucking team.

benefactor
12-04-2011, 04:47 PM

Matt Ryan has become a terrible POS. He struggles running that offense and he audibles to many passing plays. Idiot. LOL Falcons. I hate that fucking team.
It's like watching a shitty Peyton Manning impression.

Spursfan092120
12-04-2011, 05:31 PM
Much Props to your Texans today...great win in a game I expected them to lose. Great game.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-04-2011, 07:08 PM

Matt Ryan didn't become terrible, he was a glorified game manager to begin with, all the talk got to his head and he started to think he was a franchise QB.

Pelicans78
12-04-2011, 07:17 PM
Matt Ryan didn't become terrible, he was a glorified game manager to begin with, all the talk got to his head and he started to think he was a franchise QB.

Its ridiculous how this guy is always making changes on every play and barely getting the snap on time. It seems like every play this guy is snapping with one second on the game clock. The Falcons give this POS too much control of the offense. He threw the ball 46 freakin times. He did have a lot of drops from that overrated POS Julio Jones. This guy is a great athlete but doesn't do anything well except run and jump.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-04-2011, 07:22 PM
Yeah I agree Julio was overrated. Great athlete but terrible hands.

Matt Ryan should be handing it off to Mike Turner as much as possible tbh

Dr. Gonzo
12-04-2011, 07:32 PM
Julio Jones should have caught that last pass in the end zone. I'm glad he dropped the ball. This Texans team has some fight to them.

Kai
12-04-2011, 08:36 PM
TJ GREATS gettin it done

InRareForm
12-04-2011, 10:07 PM
Had to sweat that game out til the end. He dropped that pass lol. SO many other drops by Falcons today.

Yates looked good. Could actually avoid sacks and still throw it. Still making mistakes, but I thought he did a great job today.

Defense once again playing great and as a unit.

Great win.

djohn2oo8
12-06-2011, 04:21 PM
Texans sign Jeff Garcia

GuerillaBlack
12-11-2011, 09:41 AM
TJ Yates is the truth.

weebo
12-11-2011, 01:13 PM
just run the ball all day long and let the defense punish dalton

weebo
12-11-2011, 01:33 PM
lol yates he sux get him outta there please

weebo
12-11-2011, 02:27 PM
aint winning playoff shit playing a third string rook...bench his ass plz...get jake or jeff in there...give these guys a chance to see if they can get any rhythm with the O

Dr. Gonzo
12-11-2011, 02:33 PM
Dude you are stupid. He's not bad enough to want either Garcia or Delohmnmebhegh in there. You gotta expect this from a rookie. The defense is taking a shit right now. It's more on them than Yates.

Dr. Gonzo
12-11-2011, 02:42 PM
Connor Barwin is a fucking badass.

weebo
12-11-2011, 02:43 PM
Dude you are stupid. He's not bad enough to want either Garcia or Delohmnmebhegh in there. You gotta expect this from a rookie. The defense is taking a shit right now. It's more on them than Yates.

you're stupid. do you honestly think a third string rookie qb to lead a team into the playoffs?
sure they might come back and win this one but no way do they have a chance come playoff time. :lmao:lmao

weebo
12-11-2011, 02:45 PM
thank you bungles..bout f'n time

Dr. Gonzo
12-11-2011, 02:45 PM
Fucking Yates sucks.

lol weebo

Dr. Gonzo
12-11-2011, 02:46 PM
Yates doesn't have to lead them in the playoffs. He has to do just enough to not fuck up. A Trent Dilfer role.

weebo
12-11-2011, 02:47 PM
Fucking Yates sucks.

lol weebo

quit riding this guys nuts....shitty cincy just gave it to them at the ten
:lol:lol

Dr. Gonzo
12-11-2011, 02:48 PM
He still didn't fuck it up. That's just enough. I'm not riding the kids nuts but not stupid enough to think he should be benched after a couple of bad drives.

weebo
12-11-2011, 02:49 PM
trent dilfer had ray lewis and that rest of those boyz

who we got?? roidless cushing jigga plz

weebo
12-11-2011, 02:51 PM
the problem is son youre thinking short term...sure i want this guy to do well but come playoff time when he has to face the ben roths and tom dolls of the world we got zero chance....zero chance brah

Dr. Gonzo
12-11-2011, 03:02 PM
At the beginning of the season I was going to be happy if the team made the playoffs much less won the division. My thinking didn't change regardless of how well they were doing. If they go on to win the division and get in the playoffs that's a huge step forward for this franchise. Especially with all the injuries and adversity they faced all season. Whether they get stomped in the playoffs or not, I'm happy with the way the progressed this season.

Dr. Gonzo
12-11-2011, 03:04 PM
trent dilfer had ray lewis and that rest of those boyz

who we got?? roidless cushing jigga plz

I'm not saying they are the Ravens of back then, I'm saying the role Yates has to play is the same as Dilfer's role back then.

weebo
12-11-2011, 03:19 PM
lol @ comparing the ravens '01 D to the texans D

listen brah....im with ya on the texans but you need to check your mindset....just happy to be there r u fuckin serious

if not now when?

weebo
12-11-2011, 03:21 PM
there ya go...rookie choked when he saw pressure coming

Dr. Gonzo
12-11-2011, 03:24 PM
Fuck you. You need to check your mindset. I never said the Texans D was on par with the Ravens D. Show me where that was said. I said he just needs to not be stupid and manage a game, exactly what he didn't do there.

From someone that watched from the first preseason game, I am just happy they are there because of the bullshit that has gone on for the past 15 years in Houston football. They are a young team whose window for contention is just opening.

weebo
12-11-2011, 03:33 PM
Fuck you. You need to check your mindset. I never said the Texans D was on par with the Ravens D. Show me where that was said. I said he just needs to not be stupid and manage a game, exactly what he didn't do there.

From someone that watched from the first preseason game, I am just happy they are there because of the bullshit that has gone on for the past 15 years in Houston football. They are a young team whose window for contention is just opening.

fuck you back :lol
how the fuck are they a young team?? AJ Mattie S Mario willams et al are no spring chickens...the reason theyre just barely making noise has nothing to do with their time in the league but the fact that fisher was fired manning got hurt and the jags are the jags
:lmao:lmao:lmao

weebo
12-11-2011, 03:48 PM
:lmaoweak call

weebo
12-11-2011, 04:00 PM
three shots all to the end zone