PDA

View Full Version : dubya FAILED to protect America from OBL ...

boutons_deux
05-02-2011, 11:01 AM
but dubya/dickhead/Repugs NEVER took responsibility for their failure.

Repugs also FAILED to get OBL, even let him escape in that Bora-Bora business.

Now, Barry SUCCEEDS in killing OBL, and Repugs deny Barry credit for SUCCEEDING.

Republicans Hasten to Construct Post-bin Laden Reality

Today is a new world, and as any Republican recognizes in this post-bin Laden world, there is a need for a new reality to assert itself. Osama bin Laden is dead, and a Republican president is not responsible for it. Instead, a black man did it, a man who many Republicans and Tea Partiers do not even consider a Christian, let alone an American. Here we have a black man – let me reiterate that – a black man, accused of being a jihadist himself, a man said to be a Muslim born in Kenya, an “anti-colonialist” Kenyan according to Newt Gingrich – and he, not President Bush, killed Osama bin Laden.

Let’s say that again: President Barack Obama killed Osama bin Laden.

No, he didn’t go to that compound north of Islamabad and pull the trigger himself, but he’s the guy on whose watch the event took place. He is the one who ordered and gave the final OK to the operation that killed the al Qaeda leader. Just as the leader is ultimately responsible for any failures, so is he ultimately responsible for any successes which take place on his watch.

Let’s look at this again:

On President George W. Bush’s watch, the Twin Towers of the WTC, the Pentagon, and Flight 93, were attacked by al Qaeda terrorists. Thousands died. Bush responded by invading Iraq, a country which had nothing to do with the 9/11 attack, a country he had been planning to invade before 9/11 even took place. Hundreds of thousands have died; millions have become refugees. Osama bin Laden escaped again and again.

On President Barack Obama’s watch, the mastermind of that operation, a man who had declared war on the United States before 9/11 and had made his intentions abundantly clear to all but George W. Bush and his administration, was killed.

And the best President Bush can do is say he never really wanted bin Laden in the first place.

Yes, it’s time for a new reality.

The Republican presidential hopefuls for 2012 aren’t much more helpful. Only one of them can bring himself to mention President Obama’s name, and that is Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty:

“This is terrific news for freedom and justice. In the hours after the 9/11 attacks, President Bush promised that America would bring Osama bin Laden to justice – and we did. I want to congratulate America’s armed forces and President Obama for a job well done.”

Mitt Romney almost gets there: he does at least mention the president:

“This is a great victory for lovers of freedom and justice everywhere. Congratulations to our intelligence community, our military and the president. My thoughts are with the families of Osama bin Laden’s many thousands of victims, and the brave servicemen and women who have laid down their lives in pursuit of this murderous terrorist.”

But he doesn’t name him. Sarah Palin can’t even mention that a president had anything to do with the operation:

“Americans tonight are united in celebration and gratitude. God bless all the brave men and women in our military and our intelligence services who contributed to carrying out the successful mission to bring bin Laden to justice and who laid the groundwork over the years to make this victory possible. It’s a testament to the hard work and dedication of these brave Americans who relentlessly hunted down our enemy.

This is a victory for the American people, for the victims who were heartlessly murdered on September 11 and in Al Qaeda’s other numerous attacks, and for all the peace-loving people of the world.

May God bless our troops and our intelligence services, and God bless America!”

Hell, you’d almost think she was responsible. You wouldn’t know from her words that she wasn’t. She sure can’t credit President Obama, whom she just accused of stealing the 2008 election.

Mike Huckabee is the most warlike of all, as you would expect. For him this is all Old Testament stuff:

“It is unusual to celebrate a death, but today Americans and decent people the world over cheer the news that madman, murderer and terrorist Osama Bin Laden is dead … Welcome to hell, bin Laden. Let us all hope that his demise will serve notice to Islamic radicals the world over that the United States will be relentless is tracking down and terminating those who would inflict terror, mayhem and death on any of our citizens.”

But again, no mention of President Obama’s role. We can’t have that. People will remember that on Election Day 2012. Time to create a reality in which Osama bin Laden is killed by the United States but in which President Obama is excised from any relationship with the operation. For the Republicans, American troops or the “intelligent services” did this – Obama is almost nowhere to be found.

Never mind that under Bush our intelligence services couldn’t find their backsides with both hands.

Rich Santorum thinks it’s just a dandy event but he’s not about to name the hated Muslim mastermind in the White House.

“This is extraordinary news for all freedom loving people of the world, and I commend all those involved for this historic triumph. Americans have waited nearly 10 years for the news of Osama bin Laden’s death. And while this is a very significant objective that cannot be minimized, the threat from Jihadism does not die with bin Laden.”

And of course, we can’t forget Michele Bachmann:

“Tonight’s news does not bring back the lives of the thousands of innocent people who were killed that day by Osama bin Laden’s horrific plan, and it does not end the threat posed by terrorists, but it is my hope that this is the beginning of the end of Sharia-compliant terrorism.”

Bachmann in particular seems to want to leave things more open-ended, in case she can turn this to her later advantage.

So there we have the groundwork for the new post-bin Laden Republican reality. A dead bin Laden and an almost or altogether absent President Obama. We can only imagine that as this Republican reality develops, President Obama will either disappear altogether or killing bin Laden will turn out to be the worst thing we could have done and they will all deny they said it was a good idea. They can’t afford to let reality spin out of their control with the most important election in American history coming up.

http://www.politicususa.com/en/republicans-hasten-to-construct-post-bin-laden-reality

=============

And that's just the INITIAL Repug reaction.

Over the weeks, months, years, Repugs will be in FULL PRAVDA mode, revising/rewriting history and LYING about the OBL story.

boutons_deux
05-02-2011, 11:04 AM
SCARBOROUGH: Here, you know, I think Republicans should stand up and certainly salute Barack Obama for making some — again, for making some very tough choices that his own base did not want him to make. That takes courage, that takes leadership, and we saw the results of that courage and leadership saying no to his own base yesterday.[...]

http://thinkprogress.org/2011/05/02/joe-scarborough-obamas-base-bin-laden/

CosmicCowboy
05-02-2011, 11:08 AM
*yawn*

Way to go Barry.

johnsmith
05-02-2011, 11:13 AM
I'm a little confused why the "black man" part is so important that it merits saying it twice.

Also, he's half white ya know.

Cry Havoc
05-02-2011, 11:15 AM
Congratulations for continuing to spend our money going to war like we have a 10 trillion dollar surplus, Obama. The best thing about you is that you aren't quite as bad as the current GOP.

Say what you want about federal spending in the States. It's better spent here than pouring it into the rocks out there.

DarrinS
05-02-2011, 11:16 AM
I'm a little confused why the "black man" part is so important that it merits saying it twice.

Also, he's half white ya know.

boutons is a race-er

TeyshaBlue
05-02-2011, 11:19 AM
I wondered how long it would take boutonski to construct another repug hate spam crusade.:lmao

boutons_deux
05-02-2011, 11:24 AM
For nigga haters, the "one drop rule" still applies. Barry's all black for them, he's not a REAL AMERICAN.

Willard even said in the "debate" this weekend that he was going to "hang" Barry, aka, lynch him.

Barry isn't running the botched/bogus Repug wars Iraq and Afghanistan. They are out of civilian control. They are were instigated by the MIC and are sustained by the MIC, to suck $100Bs out of taxpayer pocktets.

boutons_deux
05-02-2011, 11:30 AM
Bush On Bin Laden: ‘I Really Just Don’t Spend That Much Time On Him’

http://thinkprogress.org/2011/05/02/bush-bin-laden/

JoeChalupa
05-02-2011, 11:36 AM
SCARBOROUGH: Here, you know, I think Republicans should stand up and certainly salute Barack Obama for making some — again, for making some very tough choices that his own base did not want him to make. That takes courage, that takes leadership, and we saw the results of that courage and leadership saying no to his own base yesterday.[...]

http://thinkprogress.org/2011/05/02/joe-scarborough-obamas-base-bin-laden/

I commend Obama for going with what he feels is right and if costs him re-election than so be it.

johnsmith
05-02-2011, 11:37 AM
I can imagine boutons sitting at home last night and upon hearing the news that OBL was killed, running right to the computer and laughing in a sinister tone while thinking of ways to spin this on spurstalk.com.

You know, cause he has a life and all.

johnsmith
05-02-2011, 11:38 AM
I commend Obama for going with what he feels is right and if costs him re-election than so be it.

Don't get me wrong here, because I agree with you......but did you say that when Bush did what he felt was right?

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-02-2011, 11:53 AM
Both Bush and Obama deserve a hat tip, but LOL at wanting to give either of them a ton of credit.

All the credit to this goes to the military and CIA for finding the guy and executing the plan to kill him. Props to Obama for not screwing up the obvious decision to go kill his ass.

johnsmith
05-02-2011, 11:57 AM
Props to Obama for not screwing up the obvious decision to go kill his ass.

You mean the way Clinton screwed it up? :stirpot:

JoeChalupa
05-02-2011, 12:25 PM
I truly believe that if GWB had a chance to take OBL out he would have.

boutons_deux
05-02-2011, 12:39 PM
I truly believe that if GWB had a chance to take OBL out he would have.

... as long OBL didn't take too much time, or too much work by dubya. There was a chance at Bora-Bora, IIRC. By keeping OBL alive, dubya and neo-cons had a reason for continuous war and wasting taxpayer $$$ into MIC pockets.

Spurminator
05-02-2011, 12:42 PM

... as long OBL didn't take too much time, or too much work by dubya. There was a chance at Bora-Bora, IIRC. By keeping OBL alive, dubya and neo-cons had a reason for continuous war and wasting taxpayer $$$ into MIC pockets.

Your conspiracy theory doesn't jive with the quote. If neocons wanted to keep him alive as a primary justification for a never-ending war, why would Bush downplay OBL's importance as a war objective?

boutons_deux
05-02-2011, 12:52 PM
dubya personally was/is lazy bastard, a laggard, a sloth, and ultimately an ignorant, stupid tool, a illiterate, ill-spoken fool, a Useful Idiot for dickhead and the neo-cons, who knew war, for oil or anything, was a HUGE business.

johnsmith
05-02-2011, 12:53 PM
dubya personally was/is lazy bastard, a laggard, a sloth, and ultimately an ignorant, stupid tool, a illiterate, ill-spoken fool, a Useful Idiot for dickhead and the neo-cons, who knew war, for oil or anything, was a HUGE business.

Unlike boutons, who is obviously a motivated and highly successful individual.:lol

Spurminator
05-02-2011, 01:00 PM

I'm not sure how this is relevant to my response.

TeyshaBlue
05-02-2011, 01:06 PM
I'm not sure how this is relevant to my response.

lol at bouton's even sniffing relevance.:lmao

boutons_deux
05-02-2011, 01:07 PM
the neo-cons and MIC and military needed OBL alive, a fake threat, to justify keeping military in Afganistan.

what dubya thought or said is/was totally irrelevant, except for the simplistic bubba dumbfucks who gave dubya any credence at all.

johnsmith
05-02-2011, 01:09 PM
the neo-cons and MIC and military needed OBL alive, a fake threat, to justify keeping military in Afganistan.

what dubya thought or said is/was totally irrelevant, except for the simplistic bubba dumbfucks who gave dubya any credence at all.

:lol

Spurminator
05-02-2011, 01:12 PM
what dubya thought or said is/was totally irrelevant,

But, you posted it.

boutons_deux
05-02-2011, 01:25 PM
I posted a quote:

... indicating that dubya was hands-off Big Picture/Concept fuckoff. What he thought or said was/is totally irrelevant to what dickhead and MIC actually did.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-02-2011, 02:07 PM

What was Bush supposed to say? "I spend every waking hour on Google Earth looking for that son of a bitch."

He had a country to run. He put it in the hands of our intelligence folks and went about the rest of his responsibilities as president.

LOL at croutons getting butt hurt over that quote.

ChumpDumper
05-02-2011, 02:10 PM
Bush's faults were ignoring OBL from January to September 2001 and invading Iraq as a response to OBL.

ducks
05-02-2011, 02:11 PM
clinton let him escape

boutons_deux
05-02-2011, 02:15 PM
clinton let him escape

You Lie

lefty
05-02-2011, 02:17 PM
lol @ this thread

ChumpDumper
05-02-2011, 02:19 PM
clinton let him escapeSo did Bush.

boutons_deux
05-02-2011, 02:42 PM
There's a lot more shit coming from the Repugs:

Right Rushes To Praise Bush For Obama’s Order To Kill Bin Laden

President Obama announced late last night that he had authorized a military mission to kill the world’s most wanted terrorist. “Last week, I determined that we had enough intelligence to take action, and authorized an operation to get Osama bin Laden and bring him to justice.” In response, conservative leaders and pundits rushed to heap praise on the president — President Bush, that is:

– Majority Whip Eric Cantor: “I commend President Obama who has followed the vigilance of President Bush in bringing Bin Laden to justice.” [Link]

– Former Bush Chief of Staff Andy Card: “ made sure everything was in place so that President Obama could have an opportunity to get Osama bin Laden.” [Link]

Other conservatives used the opportunity to advance their national security agendas, claiming the mission vindicated controversial Bush policies on everything from unilateralism to torture:

– Rep. Steve King (R-IA) tweeted, “Wonder what President Obama thinks of water boarding now?” — an allusion to the fact that the nickname of the courier who served bin Laden may have been elicited under tortured interrogation. [Link]

– Former Bush adviser Karl Rove said on Fox & Friends this morning: “I think the tools that President Bush put into place –- GITMO, rendition, enhanced interrogation, the vast effort to collect and collate this information — obviously served his successor quite well.”

– Former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld noted that the critical intelligence that led to bin Laden’s death “very well could have been partly a result of the interviews that took place at Guantanamo.” [Link]

– Heritage Foundation President Edwin Feulner, wrote in a blog post, “Bin Laden’s elimination vindicates U.S. strategy in the region, started under President George W. Bush. President Obama and Congress should not use bin Laden’s death as an excuse to turn back the clock on the counterterrorism tools we need, like the PATRIOT Act.”
[Link]

– John Yoo, Bush legal adviser who wrote “torture memos”: “Without the tough decisions taken by President Bush and his national security team, the United States could not have found and killed bin Laden. It is the continuity of policies in the war on terror that has brought success, not the misguided effort of the last two years to disavow them.” [Link]

Meanwhile, some pundits went even further, criticizing President Obama for not giving his predecessor enough credit:

– Conservative blogger Michelle Malkin tweeted, “U know who Obama forgot 2 thank? Bush-era interrogators&detention staff who dvlped intel re couriers.” [Link]

– Conservative radio host Laura Ingraham tweeted, “BHO turning this into a campaign speech. He should have thanked GWB, not reminded us OB escaped.” She was also suspicious of the timing of the announcement, asking, “Did Obama WH wait to announce on anniv of Bush ‘Mission Accomplished’?!” [Link, link]

– Tea Party Nation head Judson Phillips “said that the death of Osama bin Laden happened in spite of President Obama and criticized the President for announcing the breaking news during Donald Trump’s ‘Celebrity Apprentice.’” [Link]

As for real estate mogul Donald Trump, he had more important things to tweet about this morning: [B]“Don’t forget to watch Donald J. Trump’s Fabulous World of Golf—tonight at 9 pm, Golf Channel.” :lol

http://thinkprogress.org/2011/05/02/right-reax-bin-laden/

boutons_deux
05-02-2011, 02:50 PM
Lying, chickenshit, fucking Repugs, 9/11 was all Clinton's fault 10 months after he left office, while Repugs claim credit for killing OBL 2 years after they leave office.

Marcus Bryant
05-02-2011, 05:52 PM
Naturally the usual suspects take this occasion to do what they do.

The Reckoning
05-02-2011, 06:26 PM
and to think we would have saved billions if we just relied on special forces to do the job in the first place...

Wild Cobra
05-02-2011, 11:40 PM
You mean the way Clinton screwed it up? :stirpot:
Exactly, or Carter.

Obama is one up on these guys now.

Nbadan
05-03-2011, 12:38 AM
If things hadn't gone so smooth militarily, the GOP could have had a political touchdown equal to the Carter fiasco going into a election year....It was a brave decision by Obama and Hillary Clinton...

Wild Cobra
05-03-2011, 12:39 AM
If things hadn't gone so smooth militarily, the GOP could have had a political touchdown equal to the Carter fiasco going into a election year....It was a brave decision by Obama and Hillary Clinton...
If it became public, I agree. I don't think a failure would have become public though.

Nbadan
05-03-2011, 01:06 AM
If it hurt Obama, someone would have leaked it...

Meanwhile, in an alternative reality..

DALLAS (AP) – Flag-waving supporters left flowers and patriotic red, white and blue balloons outside the Dallas home of former President George W. Bush Monday in the hours that followed the U.S.-led mission that killed Osama bin Laden.

“Thank you President Bush,” said a sign left on the gate outside the street leading to the secluded Bush residence.

Read more: CBS (http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2011/05/02/bush-home-buzzing-af... /)

boutons_deux
05-03-2011, 03:07 PM
ANALYSIS: Bush’s Lackluster Hunt For Bin Laden

Politico reports that supporters of George W. Bush are “irked” that the former president isn’t getting more credit for the killing of Osama bin Laden, despite the droves of conservatives lawmakers and pundits who have been rushing to give Bush equal credit as Obama.

But this praise for Bush relies on rewriting history to obscure the fact Obama re-prioritized the hunt for Bin Laden after Bush had largely abandoned the effort to focus on Iraq.

While many conservatives are triumphantly replaying Bush’s September 2001 declaration that he would find Bin Laden, just months later, by Bush’s own account, he was unconcerned about the terrorist mastermind. Asked about the hunt for Bin Laden at a March, 2002 press conference, Bush said, “I truly am not that concerned about him. I am deeply concerned about Iraq.” “I really just don’t spend that much time on him, to be honest with you,” Bush added.

By 2006, the trail for Bin Laden had gone “stone cold” and Weekly Standard editor Fred Barnes said Bush told him that hunting Bin Laden was “not a top priority use of American resources.” (Indeed, there was a flailing war in Iraq to fight.)

That year, it was revealed that the administration had he shuttered the CIA’s Bin Laden unit in late 2005. As the New York Times reported at the time, the move reflected a shift in resources to Iraq:

In recent years, the war in Iraq has stretched the resources of the intelligence agencies and the Pentagon, generating new priorities for American officials. For instance, much of the military’s counterterrorism units, like the Army’s Delta Force, had been redirected from the hunt for Mr. bin Laden to the search for Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, who was killed last month in Iraq.

But Bush’s biggest misstep in the Bin Laden hunt occurred years before, in the early days of the war in Afghanistan. As a 2009 Senate Foreign Relations Committee report found, the Bush administration blew a critical opportunity to capture Bin Laden in 2001. Bin Laden was wounded and on the run, but top Bush national security officials rejected repeated pleas for reinforcements from commanders and intelligence officials fighting the terrorist leader in the caves of Tora Bora, despite the availability of resources:

Fewer than 100 American commandos were on the scene with their Afghan allies and calls for reinforcements to launch an assault were rejected. Requests were also turned down for U.S. troops to block the mountain paths leading to sanctuary a few miles away in Pakistan. The vast array of American military power, from sniper teams to the most mobile divisions of the Marine Corps and the Army, was kept on the sidelines. Instead, the U.S. command chose to rely on airstrikes and untrained Afghan militias. [...]

Even when his own commanders and senior intelligence officials in Afghanistan and Washington argued for dispatching more U.S. troops, [Commanding Gen. Tommy] Franks refused to deviate from the plan.

The report “removes any lingering doubts and makes it clear that Osama bin Laden was within our grasp at Tora Bora,” but that decisions made by Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, his deputies, and other top administration officials allowed Bin Laden to escape.

The consequence of this missed ooportunity are tremendous. As Lt. Col. Reid Sawyer, the director of the Combating Terrorism Center at West Point, told NPR yesterday, “if bin Laden had been killed in Afghanistan eight years ago in the caves of Tora Bora, al-Qaida might well have died with him. Now the organization is diversified enough it could weather bin Laden’s death — and hardly miss a beat.”

Moreover, as Rumsfeld himself acknowledged, Bush’s extra-legal torture and rendition policies did not help capture Bin Laden. Enhanced interrogation techniques did not work. Bush ordered one final push to capture Bin laden shortly before he left office, but this effort too was unsuccessful.

http://thinkprogress.org/2011/05/03/bush-did-not-catch-bin-laden/

z0sa
05-03-2011, 03:17 PM
Boutons, the master of bolding phrases we're too stupid to read and reposting entire articles without even a by-line :lol

Nbadan
05-04-2011, 12:41 AM
Sarah's reality...

Speaking at a fundraising event Monday evening, Sarah Palin credited President Bush by name for the death of Osama bin Laden but omitted the name of President Obama in her remarks.

Palin spoke to a crowd at Colorado Christian University in Lakewood, Colo. “Yesterday was a testament to the military’s dedication in relentlessly hunting down an enemy through many years of war,” the former Alaska governor said. “And we thank our president. ... We thank President Bush for having made the right calls to set up this victory.”

Others who didn't give credit to Obama in remarks about Bin Laden's death were Rep. Michele Bachmann of Minnesota, ex-Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and former Sen. Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania — although Huckabee did mention the president’s name.

Former Speaker Newt Gingrich, ex-Ambassador to China Jon Huntsman and former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty included some gratitude to Obama in their statements.

LA Times (http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-palin-bin-laden-remarks-20110503,0,4220829.story)

Wouldn't want to use that against her when she runs would we...

Jacob1983
05-04-2011, 01:58 AM
Why do liberals want to put on an emphasis on Obama's race? I thought they were suppose to be the tolerant loving ones?

Is it possible to say that Clinton failed also? Didn't the first bombing of the WTC, the bombing of the USS Cole, and U.S. bombings in 2008 all happen under Clinton's watch?

Halberto
05-04-2011, 06:23 AM
Issuing credit to either President is just stupid. People have way too much time on their hands to try to debate this.

boutons_deux
05-04-2011, 08:06 AM
bullshit.

dubya and dickhead shut down the OBL hunt and switched the military from Afghanistan to grabbing the oil in Iraq.

Barry refocused on OBL and gave the word for the bet-my-Presidency on the OBL attack.

VERY DIFFERENT Executive priorities got very different Exec results.

boutons_deux
05-04-2011, 08:10 AM
How Bin Laden Got Away in 2001

http://www.truthdig.com/eartotheground/item/how_bin_laden_got_away_in_2001_20110503/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Truthdig+Truthdig%3A+Drilling +Beneath+the+Headlines

JohnnyMarzetti
05-04-2011, 08:22 AM
Sarah is so full of herself she makes me sick. She did come out out on top of the latest poll of potential republican candidates whom voters would NOT support though.

Stringer_Bell
05-04-2011, 08:54 AM
FPTwsMEiI0g

lol @ giving credit to the dude that said OBL was dead or not a threat at all. repugs better watch some youtubes.

Halberto
05-04-2011, 09:04 AM
bullshit.

dubya and dickhead shut down the OBL hunt and switched the military from Afghanistan to grabbing the oil in Iraq.

Barry refocused on OBL and gave the word for the bet-my-Presidency on the OBL attack.

VERY DIFFERENT Executive priorities got very different Exec results.

If that's how your simple mind wants to work, then fine. Ignore the other thousand pieces that played a role. While you're at it, blame Obama for the shape the economy is in.

boutons_deux
05-04-2011, 09:17 AM
Nothing simpler than listening to dubya policy of abandoning OBL, and Barry's policy of bagging OBL.

Barry inherited the criminal Banksters' Great Depression from the Repugs. It started in 06/07, before Barry even announced his candidacy. The Repugs blocked a stimulus of a size appropriate to their Depression.

TeyshaBlue
05-04-2011, 09:18 AM
lol @ grabbing oil from Iraq.

boutons_deux
05-04-2011, 12:25 PM
CYA Repugs LYING AGAIN

Rumsfeld Flip-Flops: Now Says Harsh Interrogation Of Detainees Was ‘Critically Important’ In Bin Laden’s Death

RUMSFELD: I’m told there was some confusion today on some programs…suggesting that I indicated that no one who was waterboarded at Guantanamo provided any information on this. That’s just not true. What I said was no one was waterboarded at Guantanamo by the U.S. military…Three people were waterboarded by the CIA…and then later brought to Guantanamo. In fact, as you point out, the information that came from those individuals was critically important.“

Rumsfeld also agreed with Hannity that “if he [Obama] had had his way, and Democrats had their way, we wouldn’t have had this intelligence.”

http://thinkprogress.org/2011/05/04/rumsfeld-flip-flops-on-torture-bin-laden/

Rumsfeld Exclusive: There Was No Waterboarding of Courier Source

Former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld tells Newsmax the information that led to the killing of Osama bin Laden was obtained through “normal interrogation approaches” and says the notion that terrorist suspects were waterboarded at Guantanamo Bay is a “myth.”

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/DonaldRumsfeld-gitmo-waterboarding-osamabinladen/2011/05/02/id/394820?s=al&promo_code=C30F-1

TeyshaBlue
05-04-2011, 01:04 PM
Where's the oil, boutons?

boutons_deux
05-04-2011, 05:12 PM
US and UK have oil contracts in Iraq that Saddam was denying them in Feb 03, preferring to deal with Russia, China, and France.

Are you saying the US and UK oilcos are not in Iraq today?

TeyshaBlue
05-04-2011, 05:31 PM
rofl. Too easy.:lmao

Those who claim that the U.S. invaded Iraq in 2003 to get control of the country's giant oil reserves will be left scratching their heads by the results of last weekend's auction of Iraqi oil contracts: Not a single U.S. company secured a deal in the auction of contracts that will shape the Iraqi oil industry for the next couple of decades.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1948787,00.html#ixzz1LQS99O9p

stfu.

boutons_deux
05-04-2011, 05:55 PM
The US and UK oilcos didn't get ALL what they wanted (but they did get a lot if you look up the oil/production contracts they have), esp the production sharing agreements, but that doesn't change the motivation of why the US and UK invaded Iraq.

Wild Cobra
05-04-2011, 08:20 PM
Why wasn't this thread called Osamagate?