PDA

View Full Version : Dallas people...

benefactor
05-02-2011, 05:56 PM
My wife and I are taking a short getaway to Dallas this weekend for our anniversary. We got Friday night covered, but we are mulling ideas on things to do Saturday during the day and evening. Any recommendations for dining/activities?

clambake
05-02-2011, 06:06 PM
change your accommodations to a loft deluxe suite at the joule.

then wine and dine her.

CubanSucks
05-02-2011, 06:21 PM
lol getaway to Dallas. Those 2 things don't mix

monosylab1k
05-02-2011, 06:22 PM
lol getaway to Dallas. Those 2 things don't mix

just like CubanSucks and good music.

monosylab1k
05-02-2011, 06:25 PM
Dallas isn't really touristy

he's not talking about going to some shithole like Arlington where you and the rest of your wigger friends pretend to be Bloods.

CubanSucks
05-02-2011, 06:40 PM
just like CubanSucks and good music.

http://nastyhobbit.org/data/media/2/obama-hell-naw.jpg

Cuckolded Sissy
05-02-2011, 07:43 PM
Oak Lawn is the place to be saturday nights

Lizard_King
05-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Oak Cliff is where shit goes down. Come out and visit, faggot

stretch
05-02-2011, 07:56 PM
for anniversary, i took my wife for a dinner at Bolla (we got a 5 course meal with wine pairings, although you can go all the way up to 9 i believe), and stayed at the Stoneleigh, which is the attached hotel. it was VERY enjoyable, and I would highly recommend.

http://www.stoneleighhotel.com/dallas-packages/index.html#Candlelight

go there for further info and package deals. I did the "Bolla by Candlelight" package.

DPG21920
05-02-2011, 08:16 PM
Dallas aquarium.

monosylab1k
05-02-2011, 08:18 PM
Dallas aquarium.

:tu dallas world aquarium is the shit if you're into that sort of thing.

Sense
05-02-2011, 08:33 PM
I'm going to Austin tomorrow... for the Arcade Fire concert... what should I do the next day :P

hi-jacked...

Creepn
05-02-2011, 08:41 PM
I stayed at the W in Dallas. It is tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ght! Rooms are about $300+ though. You don't even have to leave. They got a restaurant, bar, and a club with live band.

But the best part of that hotel was the rainforest shower head. Where the water falls from the ceiling. Best shower I ever took.

The 4cc Dictionary
05-02-2011, 08:44 PM
why anyone would want to take a getaway to South Oklahoma is beyond me i saaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiidddddddddddd

BlackSwordsMan
05-02-2011, 10:53 PM
any haunted hotels?

JayTheClown
05-02-2011, 11:21 PM
Dude fuck Dallas, Fort Worth is where its at. You cant even smoke in Dallas clubs anymore. The only thing to do in Dallas is go to a strip club cause all Dallas has is fucking worthless strip clubs. I dont even understand why they have some many strip clubs. Seriously, if your an older couple I think you would enjoy downtown Fort Worth. Its a nice looking city. Dallas is a dead city avoid it.

benefactor
05-03-2011, 05:52 AM
Yes, I know...lol Dallas, but us working folk do what we have to do in the short time allotted. That means driving distance...and Dallas is only an hour and some change away. I'll look into the aquarium.

ploto
05-03-2011, 07:15 AM
West End-- includes the aquarium

http://www.dallaswestend.org/

JoeChalupa
05-03-2011, 10:29 AM
We'll be heading up that way in June. Going to Lake Palestine near Tyler and taking a trip to Dallas/Ft.Worth to Six Flags and maybe catch a ball game. Thought about hitting some of the sites for pictures and what not.

benefactor
05-03-2011, 12:28 PM
I live in Tyler. Let me know if you are actually going to come through the city and I'll give you the skinny on things to check out and places to eat.

CubanSucks
05-03-2011, 03:45 PM
I live in Tyler. Let me know if you are actually going to come through the city and I'll give you the skinny on things to check out and places to eat.

Rice Elementary 1995-2000 ftw!!!!

mFFL03
05-04-2011, 08:58 PM
Scarborough Fair (actually in Waxahachie)
http://www.srfestival.com/

Dallas Aquarium (go early, thats when they feed all the animals)

Dallas Arboretum (bring your walking shoes and camera)

JFK

Nighttime:

Knox / Henderson
Good 1-2 mile stretch of bars that is trying to turn into what Greenville used to be
20's and early 30's

Uptown
20's and 30's Douches, hang around here and you might see some famous people (Lakers are in town this weekend)

State and Allen area
Extension of Uptown about half a mile east

Victory Park / W area
I don't really go here but I'm sure hitting up the hotel bars would be fun plus you get to see the AAC baby (GO MAVERICKS)

Addison area
20's and 30's area : 2 - 3 mile stretch so not very walking friendly. Flying Saucer is here, boo ya. Gingerbread man is equivalent in the Uptown area.

North park area

Plano - Legacy area
great shopping center that is buzzing at evenings with all ages, ton of restaurants and bars. It keeps expanding too.

Other neighborhoods that exist that I never go to:
Lakewood, hipster/off the beat/keep austin weird people
Bishop Arts District, see above, but can be a grabbag sometimes
Downtown, constant turnover of restaurants/lounges/bars, not sure what you will find
Deep Ellum, awesome with the train going through it, bars scattered here and there
Fair Park, hipsters hanging out 500 yards away from the ghetto
Greenville, upper an middle parts keep it going, lower side is quickly shutting down

Everything west of Dallas is really foreign to me, sorry.

BlackSwordsMan
05-04-2011, 11:15 PM
Rice Elementary 1995-2000 ftw!!!!

you were still in elementary in 2000? wow

CubanSucks
05-05-2011, 12:39 AM
you were still in elementary in 2000? wow

uhhh ya, 5th grade, 22 yrs old now.....we got problems?

JoeChalupa
05-05-2011, 08:43 AM

Last time we went up to the lake we did go to Tyler but just kind of hit the loop to check out places to eat. I've heard of the Rose garden but never visited. It is actually like a two hour drive to Dallas so we usually head out early and spend the night there and then head back the next day. I'd like to do the JFK thing and take pics near those big longhorn sculptures and other places like that. Do the tourist thing. But Dallas is not a tourist city? I though that is where the city makes money.

frodo
05-05-2011, 09:07 AM
u gonna need one of this http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f88/chicohuapo/a.jpg if your to go there imho. Dallas be the 2nd most picklebreathy city in the world now tbh, only a hair behind the 1st place seoul tbh

benefactor
05-08-2011, 03:01 PM
Just got back. Props to DPG for suggesting the aquarium. It was pretty cool. Went to Pete's later that evening...which was a very poor mans version of Howl At The Moon. It was entertaining enough though. All in all it was a nice trip and a much needed break from the grind.